It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
this one is pretty new...
what do yall think about this explain??

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I wish ATS could be as rational about this situation as the people on the street seem to be, as presented in that clip.

Maybe our constant exposure to these topics really has tainted us, making some of us devout disbelievers in anything and everything we can't see with our own eyes, or make physical contact with. Others throw out all winds of caution and jump on the first thing presented, even when what they are presented with is so obviously not true that the rest of us just shake our heads.

It's like there is no longer a middle ground with some of us - like the notion that what we think could be wrong is so foreign that the only thing to do is stubbornly refute anything offered to the contrary. That works both ways, with those who do everything they can to destroy an idea outside of their limited imagination, and those who have such active imaginations that they're willing to accept anything provided, without restraint or hesitation.

In regards to this situation in NYC, something obviously happened - be it a well orchestrated hoax, a random number of coincidences leading to a full-frontal invasion of balloons, or a simple UFO congregation over a major metropolitan area.

Any of these things could be true, but isn't the very heart and soul of ATS the idea of accepting all three of these possibilities and working from there, instead of picking one from the three and refusing to accept the notion that the other two are possible?

- end rant

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I hadn't thought about it that way! Hmmmm. So they might've grounded all these planes so there wouldn't be any witnesses eh? That makes crazy sense!
I was thinking they were purposefully congesting the skies with an overload of planes (looking to land but couldn't) so to have a cover-up excuse as to what we were all seeing.

You know....I was all excited last night and now, I am starting to get anxious. I really think we were ONCE AGAIN duped!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

They're pointing the the picture that's supposed to be fake, aren't they?
I'm so confused---lazy cover up or different picture?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Not debunking anything, but could that be Jupiter and it's moons? Just curious. Does anyone know if you zoom in on Jupiter can you see it's moons?

Anyway interesting video!
edit on 14-10-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XUAFxOmega

I mean, we decided that the picture was posted from the 9th, so how could the kids identify it as party balloons?

edit on 14-10-2010 by XUAFxOmega because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I mean, we decided that the picture was posted from the 9th, so how could the kids identify it as party balloons?

yeah so are they lying to get some kinda of exposure...
why would this teacher want to take on this and say yeah its me no big deal...
Ive seen balloons in the air like she had and it didnt seem to me thats what was there....but I wasnt...
this is a big plot twist I must say....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Not debunking anything, but could that be Jupiter and it's moons? Just curious. Does anyone know if you zoom in on Jupiter can you see it's moons?

Anyway interesting video!
edit on 14-10-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

Can what be Jupiter and its moons? This wasn't a single event at a specific time. This was happening since 1PM yesterday and from what I've ascertained, up until at least 9PM.

Jupiter and its moons? If it was, this country is in serious trouble and really should have everyone Baker Acted immediately because we're a bunch of dangerous imbeciles!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antibren

Ive seen balloons in the air like she had and it didnt seem to me thats what was there....but I wasnt...

I gave my response to the thread talking about it, but I'll post it here too:

Ok, here's something I can't seem to fathom...

"Meteorologists with the National Weather Service said the wind was blowing south at 5 to 10 m.p.h. at the time which would make the engagement balloon theory possible."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... N54QrRA

They give no EXACT TIME ANYWHERE in the article, they don't say when the balloons were released, nor when callers started calling the FAA and NYPD, which in any case, even if they did, supposedly people started calling at about 1:30, but there were other people who started seeing the object since 9:30am (video)

www.myfoxny.com...

What's priceless though is that we have to believe an eyewitness account of a 9 year old over an adult eyewitness account saying they were not balloons:

"They looked big and they were all together, so it looked like one UFO," said fourth-grader Nia Foster, 9."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... N8z8N14

'' 'It's been hovering there for a while. I'm just kind of baffled," said Joseph Torres, 49, of Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, who spotted the object after leaving a movie. "How can it be ordinary? There is something going on.' "

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...
edi t on 14-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yes the kids in the picture are pointing to the infamous @jasondiamond pic that was mistakenly thought to be from the October 13th sighting, but @jasondiamond had previously posted that picture on October 9th, it fooled a lot of people and became synonymous somehow with the 13th sighting as it was used by many news outlets and newspapers. Sorry, but that pic is indeed not from the 13th.

twitter.com...

edit on 14-10-2010 by AutOmatIc because: url

The pic has since been removed from his original post, probably because he was caught "red-handed" so to speak.

edit on 14-10-2010 by AutOmatIc because: pic

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Please go back and read/view the coverage of the "gas leak". No airports were closed or evacuated. For 1 hour, the radar center out on Long Island was operated with a reduced crew (the 25 who stayed on) and some flights were delayed inbound and/or held on the ground because of the reduced staffing at the Center. One more time - no airports were evacuated and air traffic was back to normal within an hour.

Perhaps, and it's a big maybe, normal arrival and departure routes were changed during that hour, but the webcam images would argue against this.

Hmmm, now I beg to differ. Evacuated was most CERTAINLY mentioned.

NEW YORK — Authorities say the radar facility that handles all arrivals and departures for New York City's three major airports was briefly evacuated after the smell of gas was reported.

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

What's priceless though is that we have to believe an eyewitness account of a 9 year old over an adult eyewitness account saying they were not balloons:

"They looked big and they were all together, so it looked like one UFO," said fourth-grader Nia Foster, 9."
l

haha this is the biggest joke at this engagement party balloon theory.... or better yet why was she having a party with a bunch of kids when she should have been teaching our youth.... she is the quack here....

I dont think New Yorkers would call the police and cancel flights for balloons...
balloons with c4 maybe but not Mrs Floozy teacher party balloons... she prolly did lose the balloons..but at that point it is prolly just coincidence...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

i think by creating a hype about the 13th been a big event day and then disappointing the ufo watching community with a false alarm senario could be a slight of hand tactic(Perhaps a disheartening or misdirecting )it certainly discredits the fellow from norad.But then again a set of circumstances balloons and gasleaks closing airports ,who would or could predict how such things could be misinterprited ? i may have a look a new york cam later to see if more lights(planes) displaying similar charatoristics are about if they were planes then one would think they would be there every day

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by krs678

its just dropping dark and theres no lights as yet?
www.earthcam.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

You speak/write logically.

I am in this 'middle' ground you speak of. I've never concluded WHAT happened yesterday. I am just having a hard time considering what these could have been though.
Balloons make sense up until a certain point.
UFOs (military or alien) also make sense up until a certain extent.

What I am walking away with right now as I type is: something is very fishy.

Ever since 9-11 the word 'coincidence' and anything remotely related to the government sends up red flags in my brain. I don't even give them an inch of wiggle room when it comes to 'coincidences' anymore. And now that the FAA is government run, with their TSA.....they're all the same people in my book!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Personally I do believe in life on other worlds, and that we have been visited throughout history by beings far more advanced than ourselves. I have reason however to believe these lights we see over the New York City skyline are simply those of aircraft that are departing and arriving at a major airport. For eighteen years I lived about twenty miles or so west of Pearson International Airport in Toronto, Ontario, and was used to seeing aircraft in holding patterns over the city and surrounding areas, especially on those clear nights when it seems one can see forever. I have counted as many as fourteen in my field of view as they circle in a holding pattern whilst awaiting their turn to land. Because of distance between the planes and myself, the landing lights looked like slowly moving bright stars. The landing lights of an airplane flying more or less in my direction, would appear to be one light bigger and much brighter than the others, and would look as though it was hovering before slowly dropping lower as the plane made its final approach. I'm not saying I'm right about the lights being discussed on this thread, only offering my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
New news report from RT

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Thank you... I was looking for the link and couldn't find it because the thread has gotten so long.

Much appreciated.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
New news report from RT

Good find!

2nd line.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by krs678
reply to post by krs678

its just dropping dark and theres no lights as yet?
www.earthcam.com...

well thats 5mins of my life i wont get back .Not one plane light same view not one light ?strange if this is a flight path for an airport ,i wonder if plumbers are still working on "gasleak"

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join