Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by tarifa37
There is a striking resemblance between these. ( at least the colour is the same).

and this

I'm sorry, but I don't find that to be a striking resemblance. It would need to be a bit more than just the color for that to be the case.

~Namaste

More than the colour? what like they are round balloon like objects

Well, look at the first picture... they look a bit squashed? The only way that would happen is if there was a significant force on them, say, wind maybe? But... if that were the case, this same wind would cause those balloons to move out of view fairly quickly.

So no, round on the ground is not the same as the picture in the air, and color alone is not enough for a striking resemblance.

~Namaste
what they don't say or prove is when was the first, blurry picture taken? It could have been ANY other day, hell it could have been taken TODAY, when everything happened yesterday... also where are the other oballoons?
edit on 14-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: specified

If you mean the silver balloons Here

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Watch and learn my friends... watch and learn.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
it is already night in new york,it is 6:30 here in texas so new york is what a hour ahead,but i still see no lights of any kind

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ok I'm not saying it wasn't spectacular but if that plane was already in the airspace and couldn't be re routed like some flights that may have been an hour or two out then yeah they may have been in a hold patern. may have been. I could be wrong and only saying that I wanted independence day ufo's. Lol

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Posted this on the rajaten Summary thread, thought I'd post it here too:

The eyewitness reports from New Yorkers are varied and some say emphatically they were NOT balloons. I don't know what they saw, but here is a quote from page 24 of the related mega 85+ page thread:

"I saw many of these white objects together with ohter passer bys at 17th Street & Park Avenue at the NE corner of Union Square. I am a teacher at at nearby high school and not a UFO freak, and never expected to see what I saw today. It was part fascinating, worrysome and scary.
I ran into the school after a while and took pictures with my Canon EOS. I caught 2 of the objects. But here is the strange thing. I saw at sparkly white with my eyes, but on the photos they all appear dark.

I went into max resolution in my iPhoto and something amazing happens. in the same frame in which my eyes from the ground were only able to see two of the objects my camera caught about 10 more in the same frame that were not visible with my eyes. If this is representative of what really happened today, there were not 50 over the sky of manhattan but 500 or even more.

How can I post my pictures. I just signed up with this site to add my sightings of today. "

End Quote

What caught my interest is that this eye witness said the objects changed color after photographing them and that there were more of them. I took his/her image and enhanced it a bit and came up with this:

As some of you know, some UFOs aren't visible to the naked eye but do show up in say infrared. I was surprised to see over a dozen or more black orbs when only 2 were visible to the naked eye and they were white by the way to the naked eye, not yellow. Is there something unique to a Canon EOS's spectrum range and iPhoto that would account for this? Note also that the additional orbs aren't just reflections of existing ones. I can't explain it, maybe some photo camera buffs can? But there may have been many more objects that were just seen by human eyes.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

www.wunderground.com...

There is a 100% chance of rain over Manhattan. There are large rain clouds currently over head, and chance of thunderstorms. The airliners are probably being told to fly above the clouds/storm, so you don't see any.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I wonder why at 0:44 they show a video of an aircraft making a right turn, banking away from the camera?

That's odd... are people claiming that is a UFO too?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Dude, you are reaching....

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

That picture of the "ufos" in that post is motion blurred causing them to look "squished". Most likely someone took a picture right as their hand moved.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

This doesn't make sense for one reason... flying above the storm would not prevent them from having to land, and if they were making the same approach to the runway (which they would have to in order to land), than we should still be seeing SOME kind of lights in view.

I applaud your effort.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The lights at night over Manhattan were of aircraft TAKING OFF not landing...

Nice try.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Reaching???? That video at 0:44 is obviously showing an aircraft banking right, and then flying away from the camera. You can't tell me that is not an aircraft, you can see it's wings!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

LOL... they still have to TAKE OFF!!!!

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

When I said reaching, I wasn't referring to the video... I've been seeing post after post from you trying to knock what anyone else says and as soon as someone buries your rebuttal with any kind of facts, you move on to the next attempt to poke holes in other people's side of the debate or want to argue over things that are irrelevant to what people DID see. Nobody is talking about the plane and calling it a UFO, at least not the one you are making claims about.

I, as I'm sure others on this thread, feel like you are reaching to debunk this in any way you can. It is as of today, still unidentified! Stop arguing over semantics and get into the heart of the debate if you want to be taken seriously, which you consistently complain that what you are saying isn't being taken as such.

~Namaste
edit on 14-10-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: specificity

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The night time lights over Manhattan were aircraft that had already taken off from Newark International pointing South, and they had already made their U turn to fly North. Now that it is cloudy over Manhattan, they don't make their U-turn until they already reached above the clouds.

It's not rocket science...
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

The night time lights over Manhattan were aircraft that had already taken off from Newark International pointing South, and they had already made their U turn to fly North. Now that it is cloudy over Manhattan, they don't make their U-turn until they already reached above the clouds.

It's not rocket science...

Not true and not according to eye witness

We have last night seen 4th objects

sorry your wrong on this the objects are still UFO.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
For those of you who don't see a connection to the airports being shut down, regardless of the reason or for how long, consider this....

1) How often do airports get closed or evacuated? (google it for yourself and see.. it's rare and usually for extreme reasons)
2) How often do airports have gas leaks? (again, extremely rare)
3) How many gas leaks do you know of that would impact 3 airports? (odds are not going up, are they?)
4) How often is air traffic redirected on a completely clear night?

What are the chances that all 4 of the above could happen in the same day and same area as a mass sighting of an unidentified flying object? How many times have you seen an airport get a gas leak that causes 2 other airports to be effected, and since when does a gas leak have any effect on flight paths and landings of planes on a completely clear night? You must have enough common sense and reason to see that the odds of this being coincidental are almost too high to calculate?

Something was spotted in the skies over NYC... something also happened at the airports in the area.... These are both indisputable facts, and I believe very important ones yet they aren't being discussed together.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

pretty convenient. so with your logic if we do see things its not planes right?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by 0ne10

When I said reaching, I wasn't referring to the video...

Then what were you referring to exactly? Show me my errors.

I've been seeing post after post from you trying to knock what anyone else says and as soon as someone buries your rebuttal with any kind of facts, you move on to the next attempt to poke holes in other people's side of the debate or want to argue over things that are irrelevant to what people DID see.

WHAT FACTS??? Show me facts... I haven't seen any!

All I've been seeing is believer after believer knocking down any and every explanation and information that is brought forward. It's a never ending denial from your side.

Nobody is talking about the plane and calling it a UFO, at least not the one you are making claims about.

That is why I asked a simple question... why did they show a video of an aircraft turning and flying away when talking about balloons? It was a simple question, and you told me I am reaching....

What is your point? You have nothing but denial.

I, as I'm sure others on this thread, feel like you are reaching to debunk this in any way you can. It is as of today, still unidentified! Stop arguing over semantics and get into the heart of the debate if you want to be taken seriously, which you consistently complain that what you are saying isn't being taken as such.

What the heck are you talking about... not only did I provide very good video of jet lights flying at night that look exactly similar to the night lights over manhattan, but I also found images of balloons, resized them, and pasted them next to a cluster of balloons someone said was a UFO and showed how they look similar, AND I brought forward reason and logic explaining why people mistakenly confused balloons for ufos.... and you have the freaking nerve to tell me to get into the heart of the debate... and I'm reaching????

I even did calulations and estimations of the speed of the lights! Full with illustrations and all... what has anyone else done? NOTHING

What have you done? Nothing but deny... and tell people they are reaching..

There is no words for your level of ignorance.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
the only other fact (my old man was an aircraft pilot) i can throw in here is that if said hold patern was that way while they were floating around out there with their landing gear down, they would have turned on the lights as a courtesy so that if someone accidently got in their space they would have seen them hopefully before it was to late. It does happen put that many planes in that much space stacked or not and see if someone doesnt get in someones way now and then.

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join