It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This topic is on the Yahoo news top stories of the day, my local news station and website ( in Memphis) Channel 3, and seems to be be discussed in a more serious tone on ABC and CBS.....

The FAA has made an official statement that if the objects were military tests or balloons,they as well as the police would have been officially notified...

They were not.

It seems that this is taking a more serious toll than it did last night, as the objects still have not been officially identified...

I think its getting ready to get even more interesting.......
edit on 14-10-2010 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by the cynic jester
I'm at a loss right now, I can't understand the heated tension over possible explanations. Maybe we should have 3 threads: one for believers, one for skeptics, and one for actual debate. It seems like things have degenerated into feces flinging monkey house style attrition warfare. Think about your personal position but be respectful of the flipside of the coin. Seems easy enough to me.

All bickering aside things have amped up to a whole new level lately. I'll reiterate a point I've made before if it is an elaborate hoax it seems alot of effort for a book no one is going to buy, or to get a few laughs out of gullible laymen. If it's real then what's the game now? No official word, no demands and no contact. Seems like a waste of time... But we're all going down a pretty deep rabbithole, where does it end?

I don't care if this post gets taken off but the tension is stemming from ONE person. Rich England. He's antagonizing many and in their defense, they're returning posts to him.
This thread would go along a lot smoother, calmer and with MORE information if this person would stay off it.
I've tried ignoring him but to go through page after page of personal-rapid fire posts, aimed at Rich, it gets frustrating.

I too would like to know if anything new is coming out? I have no idea thanks to this incredibly LONG thread.

I do want to thank the person who cleared up the airports NOT CLOSING last night. They were evacuated but that still helps explain (or excuse) why there were so many 'dots' on the web-cam last night.

The entire day still is shrouded in mystery. We have coincidence after conveniences and it's hard to tell what is real, rumor or real-strange.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
possibly*** balloons sent up as decoy to what was (possibly) going on

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

Originally posted by XUAFxOmega
reply to post by 0ne10

Yes, I have.
What I have never seen before are the images I posted, which are clearly NOT balloons.

Clearly not balloons? What is so "clear" about them?

You posted this image:
img225.imageshack.us...

Here is a bunch of balloons. They were blue, but I turned them grey:

I resized the image, and pasted it next to your "ufo". Then I pasted another one below it, but added in a blur effect to match the out of focus look. then below that I removed the background, and made the balloons more white, and added a blur:

Clearly... your "ufo" looks exactly like balloons, and clearly you are in denial, or you need your eyes checked.

As for this image:
img819.imageshack.us...

I think it looks fake. Prove to me that image is genuine. Give me the ORIGINAL IMAGE from the camera, with the EXIF data untouched, and full resolution. If you can't provide that then your image could very well be fake, and dismissed as invalid evidence.

Even then, it looks like mylar balloons reflecting light and the camera had a smudge on the lens right on top of it.

Clearly, it is a collection of spheres... Just like balloons!

sorry but your in denial, your photo shopped picture doesn't look like anything like it, you skeptics attack people with nonsense and without reason.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

That's not what we saw! The daily news showed something that wasn't what we saw. The video going around from the office is more like it. Many small white objects. There is disinformation going on. Yes balloons were released, yellow ones, but thats NOT what we saw

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
sorry but your in denial, your photo shopped picture doesn't look like anything like it, you skeptics attack people with nonsense.

Ok genius, point out exactly what doesn't match. I dare you...

If you say the shape I will laugh in your face. Obviously the image I used had more spheres than the "ufo". That is the only difference.

Come on genius... tell us the difference.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The thread's being watched closer now, so let's try to move on.
Thanks.

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by leeko

I never claimed that is what you saw... The other member claimed that is what you saw.

I was just pointing out that the image looks like balloons while that member, who is in denial, claims it doesn't look like balloons.

This is freaking retarded...
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by leeko

I never claimed that is what you saw... The other member claimed that is what you saw.

I was just pointing out that the image looks like balloons while that member, who is in denial, claims it doesn't look like balloons.

This is freaking retarded...
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

the shape of it doesn't tell me they are balloons.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The best way to discredit something with actual truth is to contaminate the scene and or story with disinformation. In the case of the NYC UFO, the people saw something.. they didn't see balloons, they saw something else.. something they couldn't explain. Floating balloons don't make the MSM and they certainly don't cause a stir within NYC.. these people aren't fools.

The fact that balloons were released is just that.. disinformation to discredit the REAL event.

Wake up people.. this is how it is done and how it has been done for years..

One picture of a real alien (yes, there are plenty and you've seen them if you've looked) will be surounded by 5 pictures of fake aliens.. anyone who uses street logic will conclude that if 4/5 images are fake the 5th must be fake as well.. it makes sense to try and group things into logical categories and that is how our brains work.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Completely wrong. I'm sorry but you are wrong.

link   
reply to post by 0ne10

link   
reply to post by 0ne10

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thekid90
You responded to Ruin's earthcam video, saying there's a time lapse, that's why the vehicles were moving so fast. When he explained that there's a 30second between each frame you claim that jets are able to do that.

Enter Ruin claimed the objects were moving faster than jets, and then showed a video of fast moving objects without mentioning that there is 30 seconds between each image. I told him that they are moving exactly the speed of normal jets... Enter Ruin doesn't believe that.

Your first post implicates that you don't believe any vehicle from that seemingly far distance could have traveled that quickly yet now you claim they could?

WRONG. Enter Ruin claimed no human vehicle can travel that quickly. I claimed they are NOT moving quickly, and claimed they are moving at normal jet speeds.

Let's assume you are correct. Besides the gas interfering with the radars how could you explain the massive planes going in the same direction right after each other?

Same direction right after each other? It's called a flight path... :@:@

I haven't gone back to Enter Ruin or your posts but if what you say about the WORDING of your and my posts, then you absolutely right my friend. Although I typoed on my last statement.

I meant the massive AMOUNTS of planes in that same flight path. It was almost as if once on "jet" left the screen, another took its place 30 seconds after. I know almost nothing about aircrafts or air traffic. It just struck me as odd.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by XUAFxOmega

I didn't say anything about a hoax. This is more likely a mass misidentification, mass confusion, and mass stupidity.

Many witnesses say they are balloons....but those witnesses are ignored because "believers" don't want to believe they are balloons, so they only listen to the confused people who probably need their eyes checked, or didn't have a means for zooming in and seeing the objects.

Please ease up on the name calling.

I and I am certain many of our fellow ATSers do not appreciate being grouped into being called stupid in any semantical method just because we are awaiting for further data and do not accept your constant hammering.

Thank You,

t

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyjpc
UFO´S on Manhattan? No, they were balloons that the city of Madrid dropped on times Square

www.elmundo.es...
edit on 14-10-2010 by charlyjpc because: (no reason given)

Well it's a shame to learn Madrid is not helping.

Let's go with balloon theory for a moment (because I too am not convinced they WEREN'T). Let's say for argument sake, they were released at 3PM. Or possibly released in intervals of every 10 minutes. Let's say 100's of balloons were released throughout the entire day then!

Doesn't help explain why witnesses are claiming they saw specific 'objects' hoovering for hours.
Surely people can tell if the object kept getting replaced with other ones, right?

So right there....it's not making sense (but then again, maybe the witnesses are wrong. Hell, I was wrong earlier)

But what say you to this? What about the UFO reports from last night? (not the ones on the cam. The ones being reported by eyewitnesses)
Were they a different set of balloons, from a different balloon person, in a different part of the city using LED Balloons this time?

Which ever way you want to believe, there's twists and turns throughout.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by brigand

Absolutely right and thanks. Very smart post. Very true, and has made me feel a lot better about this.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by brigand
The best way to discredit something with actual truth is to contaminate the scene and or story with disinformation. In the case of the NYC UFO, the people saw something.. they didn't see balloons, they saw something else.. something they couldn't explain. Floating balloons don't make the MSM and they certainly don't cause a stir within NYC.. these people aren't fools.

The fact that balloons were released is just that.. disinformation to discredit the REAL event.

Wake up people.. this is how it is done and how it has been done for years..

One picture of a real alien (yes, there are plenty and you've seen them if you've looked) will be surounded by 5 pictures of fake aliens.. anyone who uses street logic will conclude that if 4/5 images are fake the 5th must be fake as well.. it makes sense to try and group things into logical categories and that is how our brains work.

Very nice summary. Well said and well thought out. I appreciate a breath of fresh air.
I am not saying what you're saying is what happened last night (although I strongly lean that way) but it does make more sense than anything else I am considering.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by leeko

Wrong about what???

Many witnesses claim they were just balloons! They look exactly like balloons!

All the people who say they are not balloons are probably really confused or blind.... it happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join