It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
stupid dumb and dopey all hangin out here....

what a waste !!!

Welcome aboard.
Let me introduce you to: Mr Troll, Miss Shill, Madam Liar, Hoax jr and Little Inept Idiot. We're happy you can join us!
Please.....pull up a pad and welcome to our cell.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

If you read my post again you will see that I never mentioned anything about balloons. Believe me when I say I would love to to see an appearance and hopefully the landing of ufo's worldwide, but my years of living close to an international airport have me convinced that the lights over New York City are those of aircraft coming and going to and from an international airport. I say "international" because of the volume of air traffic. Some of these lights appear to travel only a short distance, and it's my belief that those are the lights of commuter helicopters. I'm wondering how many people would have paid much attention to the lights, were it not for the prediction of October 13th as the date of an appearance of many u.f.o's over the countries major cities? Throw in some heavy air traffic, the appearance prediction, most of us desperately hoping for "outside" help in saving our little planet and all life on it, and we have what seems to be a classic case of mass hysteria, with every light in the night sky taking shape of a craft from another planet. I'm only offering my personal opinion, something everyone has the right to do, and something I highly respect. Take Care!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

knowing its false and turning a blind eye for the sake of excitement .

i woulda loved for this to have any real basis i lie in NYC and woulda been super psyched however it was aparent within about ten minutes nothing was up literally. but people say stupid sh.t to take shots IE o so just cause u say so it cant be true.or my favorite you made a spelling error so you cant possibly be right its just ultra ignorance lately at ATS there no point in even conversing anymore .

i know feeble one i should just stop replying right ot wait maybe im a troll

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Section31
As I said in my previous postings, the believers jumped to the wrong conclusion.

UFO? NYC kids say no, mysterious floating orbs were escaped balloons from teacher's engagement party.
Date: Thursday, October 14th 2010, 4:07 PM

All those theories about Wednesday's mystery UFO sightings over Manhattan are about to go "pop."

A Westchester elementary school believes the puzzling orbs floating over Chelsea were likely a bundle of balloons that escaped from an engagement party they held for a teacher.

"UFO? They're crazy - those are our balloons!" said Angela Freeman, head of the Milestone School in Mount Vernon. "To me it was the most automatic thing. But it's all over YouTube."

A parent was bringing about 40 iridescent pearl balloons to the school for language arts teacher Andrea Craparo when the wind spent a bunch away around 1 p.m.

Oops, everyone thought they saw UFOs.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

Well this is a TONS lot better than RIch England acting like they were yellow balloons

Now this is something which very well might explain it... however I still don't understand how they were lit up at night and stationary for so long... but iridescent pearl balloons makes a LOT more sense than yellow ones...

That's yesterdays news and both happened. The yellow balloons released on 46th Street

and the little girl with her silver/white balloons!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn

If you read my post again you will see that I never mentioned anything about balloons. Believe me when I say I would love to to see an appearance and hopefully the landing of ufo's worldwide, but my years of living close to an international airport have me convinced that the lights over New York City are those of aircraft coming and going to and from an international airport. I say "international" because of the volume of air traffic. Some of these lights appear to travel only a short distance, and it's my belief that those are the lights of commuter helicopters. I'm wondering how many people would have paid much attention to the lights, were it not for the prediction of October 13th as the date of an appearance of many u.f.o's over the countries major cities? Throw in some heavy air traffic, the appearance prediction, most of us desperately hoping for "outside" help in saving our little planet and all life on it, and we have what seems to be a classic case of mass hysteria, with every light in the night sky taking shape of a craft from another planet. I'm only offering my personal opinion, something everyone has the right to do, and something I highly respect. Take Care!

The LIGHTS on Earth Cam had NOTHING TO DO with the events that day. Two totally separated incidents.

The web cam is/was a result of a viral Internet rumor. So please.............forgetabout the web cam.

We're trying to figure out what witnesses (not people on a forum) had to say about an apparent UFO sighting starting at 9AM and allegedly ending around 9PM over Manhattan.

Earth Cam is out of the picture. Has nothing to do with anything.

If you people continue to talk about whether the Earth Cam showed planes or orbs then you're only perpetuating the insanity to this whole event and really doing a disservice towards obtaining the truth.

So please, do your part and drop out of the whole 'Earth Cam' discussion.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by KIZZZY

knowing its false and turning a blind eye for the sake of excitement .

i woulda loved for this to have any real basis i lie in NYC and woulda been super psyched however it was aparent within about ten minutes nothing was up literally. but people say stupid sh.t to take shots IE o so just cause u say so it cant be true.or my favorite you made a spelling error so you cant possibly be right its just ultra ignorance lately at ATS there no point in even conversing anymore .

i know feeble one i should just stop replying right ot wait maybe im a troll

Let me advise you to look before you leap! You don't accuse ppl of anything without knowledge.

You apparently didn't bother to read any of my post and jump the gun!

I don't support bulldinkery which equates to...I did not support the UFO's flying over New York!

Have I made myself perfectly clear?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19249436d967.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 15-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Now this is something which very well might explain it... however I still don't understand how they were lit up at night and stationary for so long... but iridescent pearl balloons makes a LOT more sense than yellow ones...

I think the first pictures posted to this thread (see this post by mutantgenius which links to this picture on flickr were in fact yellow balloons, specifically the yellow balloons released after the "Broadway is the Gran Via for the day" celebration.

After those were posted we started seeing the videos of people in Chelsea gawking at tiny white dots in the sky.

Then there was the picture that got picked up by the news agencies of what looks like either a bunch of shiny white balloons or a lumpy spaceship, depending on your worldview. But that picture seems to have been originally posted to Twitter on October 9, so I doubt it's related.

Then we wrapped up the day with the earthcam footage from the south side of the Empire State Building of what appears to be plane traffic into, out of, and in holding patterns over the three major airports serviced by approaches/departures that pass the southern end of Manhattan. I'm pretty sure this will be easy to demonstrate once we have another beautifully clear night here in NYC and people can compare footage from the same camera.

I'm not buying the Westchester teacher's balloons-theory for a couple reasons. First, it seems to be related to the Twitter pic that was posted on the 9th, so not really relevant or possible (balloons lost on the 13th could hardly show up in a picture on the 9th). Second, it seems very unlikely to me that a bunch of balloons would somehow make it all the way from Westchester to Chelsea then suddenly stop and hover for hours.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

holy sh.t this is so frustrating yea i speak for all of them geez thats your angle get fn real u cant paint me into a cornere tryig to pik pik pik NOTHING happened but hey lets keep up the dellusion

is there no pride left here at ats?

I can't figure out what language you are speaking.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

thanks for the laugh just so frustrating ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

thats why i said if i was wrong bad on me theres toooo much crapola here to read all of it id off myself if i did

anywho bad on me

edit on 15-10-2010 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

I fail to see how releasing baloons from a helo could possibly be dangerous. Even helium filled baloons would be pushed down and away by the rotor wash (think of a column of air being pushed violently downwards from the plane of the rotors), so the possibility of an airborne release is worth consideration.

Granted that would require a bit of prior planning by more than one individual, which in turn would certainly qualify as a "conspiracy" by definition. However, like everything else about this incident, there is absolutely no proof that this occured. An interesting theory however...thanks Human_Alien!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by naught

holy sh.t this is so frustrating yea i speak for all of them geez thats your angle get fn real u cant paint me into a corner tryig to pik pik pik NOTHING happened but hey lets keep up the dellusion

is there no pride left here at ats?

I can't figure out what language you are speaking.

so this is it ats is now a grammar spelling forum GREAT!
edit on 15-10-2010 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by naught

this is what has become of ats your arguement is now my spelling because you have NO facts or EVIDENCE of any kind way ta go dude

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

reply to post by KIZZZY

thats why i said if i was wrong bad on me there toooo much crapola here to read all of it id off myself if i did

anywho bad on me

I got through 100+ pages so I don't see why you couldn't. The fact that you could not or would not

is your problem not mine. Your "bad on me" is not an apology in my eyes, but don't worry, I'll get

over it!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
SKEPTICS: "They were balloons, so the hundreds of people looking at the sky in NY are a bunch of idiots"

BELIEVERS:"OMG, they were Aliens!"

Can we have a middle ground here?
They COULD NOT, be balloons as I have explained before, and is improbable they were Aliens...

the question is: what were they?
Answer is: UFOs (Unidentified flying objects)
edit on 15-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: typo

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

reply to post by KIZZZY

thats why i said if i was wrong bad on me there toooo much crapola here to read all of it id off myself if i did

anywho bad on me

I got through 100+ pages so I don't see why you couldn't. The fact that you could not or would not

is your problem not mine. Your "bad on me" is not an apology in my eyes, but don't worry, I'll get

over it!

wow, the way some people behave here mirrors that of 4chan, which is filled with mostly hormoned teenagers that have nothing else to do that to put people down in order to make themselves feel better.
This thread got ruined the moment "these" kind of people came, and critical-thinkers left.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

god bless you for that u are stronger then me ATS is polluted with so much trash lately i am about to move on and go back to reading and doing private well i guess research but im not a scientist so i dont wana sound arrognat but it was fun reading and learning but this forum was so cool and now if u dont beleive your a troll debunker whatever and if you do your 100% on board theres no way to safely participate the 9/11 forum is disgusting one cant even have a perspective the one side is totally into the conspiracy and if you dont beleive the cons you are supporting the evil gov a hundred percent what happened to freedom of choice i dunno frustrating very frustrating

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin
SKEPTICS: "They were balloons, so the hundreds of people looking at the sky in NY are a bunch of idiots"

BELIEVERS:"OMG, they were Aliens!"

Can we have a middle ground here?
They COULD NOT, be balloons as I have explained before, and I is improbable they were Aliens...

the question is: what were they?
Answer is: UFOs (Unidentified flying objects)

They were balloons. The yellow balloons on 46th Street Times Square!

Skeptics ask questions and try to ferret out the truth. Skeptics are good

to have around the house.

This video on my profile defines what a skeptic really is not what

most people think they are!

I do believe that there is life somewhere outside our solar system

and I hope one day we find it!

Have a nice day!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So it's balloons and airplanes. I never put an incredible amount of stock in the lights over the city. I have knowledge of the aviation industry and "if" there were delays that would be normal circuits for maintaining position. The balloons seem farther fetched to me, it doesn't seem logical that so many people get fooled by balloons flying...I have let a few go in my day and I could still tell what they were.

As a side note has anyone else noticed that everytime one of those 'the agency' threads gets started it gets shut down? I'm just confused as to what reasons cause they deletion?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

The problem in saying what you're saying is, one fact does NOT cancel out other (possible) facts.

Yes, we see balloons. We also see buildings. In fact, I could've sworn I saw a taxi and hot dog vendor too.

Typical scenes of NYC doesn't 'crack' the case open. It only makes for a real simpleton answer. I guess I am too deep for pure simple. Welcome to my world post-Sept 11th 2001!

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join