It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Before this nonsense gets any worse, you should all check out this thread:
The power of 4chan.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

It's very unfortunate the direction this incident took. It's important to know, these sightings (and yes, there were multiple ones with different descriptions) started at 9AM that morning.
The ruckus over EarthCam that night has nothing to do with any of the earlier events. The Internet community (could've been right here at ATS) started that commotion so it's wise to understand, what you're disagreeing with. So far I've seen nothing but classic examples of pure distraction and deception with a purpose to debunk!

The explanation of floating balloons that were solely responsible for twelve hours of sightings is almost an insult to any ones intelligence. This is not to say a Lemming effect didn't happen both in Manhattan (and on this forum too) so let's try to keep things in proper prospective.

Again, it's prudent to listen to all the facts that....are still coming in. And even before we hear anymore witnesses, ask yourself, how can everyone from 9AM to 9PM have witnessed only a bunch of balloons? It makes no sense.

The first report that came in was of a lit object with a blue tail-like feature that hoovered for two and a half hours.
Then there were reports of a metallic like looking object that stayed in the sky for around 45 minutes.
Then there were sightings of several small shiny objects (which could've been balloons now).
This went on into the night.

I ask you.....wouldn't you say this is a great way to confuse people in lieu of perhaps, something more sinister?Look how successful Sept 11th was. But for some reason, I bet the same crowd who believes the OS of 9-11 are the exact same people, believing this bunk. You've already made up your minds by thinking: "Yup, I saw yellow balloons therefore, yellow balloons it is"
That stands to reason and it's pretty sad.

I go on record by saying, I don't know what happened up there. I will say, the balloon(s) rumor reeks of a fall -guy patsy-cover story!

I think most of these threads have been over the afternoon incident. There has been absolutely nothing besides word of mouth that any other incidents actually even occurred, no evidence whatsoever. What I gather is people are just saying that to discredit the only actual and reported incident which was more than likely balloons around 1 o clock. The night cam, well that's just lunacy.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Before this nonsense gets any worse, you should all check out this thread:
The power of 4chan.

That is a consideration.

At least that would help explain why so many are posting such unrealistic bunk. If this was orchestrated to create an event and then, destroy and disseminate it by deploying off-the-wall debunkers then, hats off to them. Good job. And now I know who not to answer on these threads. Although, my list, is a constant work in progress!

But, I don't fall for anything that quickly. Especially when it's being handed to me on a silver convenient plate.
Thanks though......

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ok this is insane, yesterday afternoon when I left this thread had 74 pages, now has over 100, Im not spending over 2 hours reading pages, can someone make a good summary of what happened last night? Did the lights appear on the earthcam again? I see Xploder has a tight GIF of the video in his avatar, but what happened? anyone summarize it please.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin
Ok this is insane, yesterday afternoon when I left this thread had 74 pages, now has over 100, Im not spending over 2 hours reading pages, can someone make a good summary of what happened last night? Did the lights appear on the earthcam again? I see Xploder has a tight GIF of the video in his avatar, but what happened? anyone summarize it please.

Thanks in advance.

I think the consensus is that it was all weather balloons reflected off thermal inversions caused by swamp gas or if it looked too good, CGI.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Thanks in advance.

It wouldn't behoove you to concentrate on the EarthCam for that had nothing to do with the 12-hour long events on Oct 13th in Manhattan.
EarthCam rumors were the result of Internet users.

So far it's one of two things: 1) We just don't know or 2) It was a major hoax with deliberate staging.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What is the deal with the new statement from a NY schoolteacher that her class may have been responsible for the sightings????

www.nydailynews.com...

I don't buy it...sounds like Operation Cover-Up.....

must not've got the reaction that was needed to go ahead and disclose.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thanks in advance.

It wouldn't behoove you to concentrate on the EarthCam for that had nothing to do with the 12-hour long events on Oct 13th in Manhattan.

So far it's one of two things: 1) We just don't know or 2) It was a major hoax with deliberate staging.

I really want to know outside of that 1 to maybe 4 o clock in the evening window. Where is any proof, outside of people we can't even pinpoint saying so, that anything happened at any other time of the day? Exclude the cameras those are dumb. I mean throughout the day.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
what is with this stupidity ?

this wasnt anything more then an atser trying to build there stars and flags this whole thread has been boosted by false information and turning a blind eye every time a piece of real info is presented .

however soon as someone is like i saw a craft blah blah the op is all hype hype this is a shameful thread and shouldve been closed as soo as it became aparent this is a hoax thread.!!

absolutely nothing is going on in NYC i live hear and this thread couldnt be more of a farse!!

stupid dumb and dopey all hangin out here....

what a waste !!!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

werent you supporting the hoopla?

if im wrong bad on me i will read back further............

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As I said in my previous postings, the believers jumped to the wrong conclusion.

UFO? NYC kids say no, mysterious floating orbs were escaped balloons from teacher's engagement party.
Date: Thursday, October 14th 2010, 4:07 PM

All those theories about Wednesday's mystery UFO sightings over Manhattan are about to go "pop."

A Westchester elementary school believes the puzzling orbs floating over Chelsea were likely a bundle of balloons that escaped from an engagement party they held for a teacher.

"UFO? They're crazy - those are our balloons!" said Angela Freeman, head of the Milestone School in Mount Vernon. "To me it was the most automatic thing. But it's all over YouTube."

A parent was bringing about 40 iridescent pearl balloons to the school for language arts teacher Andrea Craparo when the wind spent a bunch away around 1 p.m.

Oops, everyone thought they saw UFOs.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
As I said in my previous postings, the believers jumped to the wrong conclusion.

UFO? NYC kids say no, mysterious floating orbs were escaped balloons from teacher's engagement party.
Date: Thursday, October 14th 2010, 4:07 PM

All those theories about Wednesday's mystery UFO sightings over Manhattan are about to go "pop."

A Westchester elementary school believes the puzzling orbs floating over Chelsea were likely a bundle of balloons that escaped from an engagement party they held for a teacher.

"UFO? They're crazy - those are our balloons!" said Angela Freeman, head of the Milestone School in Mount Vernon. "To me it was the most automatic thing. But it's all over YouTube."

A parent was bringing about 40 iridescent pearl balloons to the school for language arts teacher Andrea Craparo when the wind spent a bunch away around 1 p.m.

Oops, everyone thought they saw UFOs.

Well this is a TONS lot better than RIch England acting like they were yellow balloons

Now this is something which very well might explain it... however I still don't understand how they were lit up at night and stationary for so long... but iridescent pearl balloons makes a LOT more sense than yellow ones...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
what is with this stupidity ?

this wasnt anything more then an atser trying to build there stars and flags this whole thread has been boosted by false information and turning a blind eye every time a piece of real info is presented .

however soon as someone is like i saw a craft blah blah the op is all hype hype this is a shameful thread and shouldve been closed as soo as it became aparent this is a hoax thread.!!

absolutely nothing is going on in NYC i live hear and this thread couldnt be more of a farse!!

stupid dumb and dopey all hangin out here....

what a waste !!!

Hmm, there are 19 million people who live in NYC. Are you saying that you speak for all of them, even though you live hear? It's "here" by the way, not "hear" but it's the pot calling the kettle black. Some other New Yorkers have posted seeing strange things that were not balloons, I guess they're stupid too? If nothing happened in NYC, why were there stories posted by ABC, CBS, NBC, oh I know, wait for it, they're stupid too!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Daytime = Sunlight
Nighttime = City Lights

It depends on how high they were at night. City lights probably illuminated their bottoms.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

holy sh.t this is so frustrating yea i speak for all of them geez thats your angle get fn real u cant paint me into a cornere tryig to pik pik pik NOTHING happened but hey lets keep up the dellusion

is there no pride left here at ats?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

so what then if everyone saw it no one had there glasses on maybe it wasnt anything o wait it was something a shiny ballon this isnt roswell !!!

and here comes the dimwhitted hoopla GO!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

What! ???????

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Define hoopla.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Thanks in advance.

I really want to know outside of that 1 to maybe 4 o clock in the evening window. Where is any proof, outside of people we can't even pinpoint saying so, that anything happened at any other time of the day? Exclude the cameras those are dumb. I mean throughout the day.

I am uncertain of the specific time of day but apparently there's witness testimony. A person called into C2C last night giving their description of what he saw on the 13th.

It's been said this started at around 9AM. Now, is that rumor? Who knows. There was a man being interviewed who claims he saw a lit object, with a blue tail, hover for 2 1/2 hours that night. Again....is that factual? Who knows. He was a real person, conducting a real interview but were his words real....?....just can't tell.

I think this whole event is so tainted it's almost impossible to discern whose telling the truth, who are planted shills and who might've been in on this hoax. Remember, most of us are at a complete disadvantage behind our computer screens so we rely primarily on what's being posted and what MSM reports. Both venues are slippery slopes so.............suffice it to say, it's difficult to conclude anything at this juncture.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

What! ???????

That's what I said to myself when I read his post!

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join