It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

XPLodER.....

dont shoot the messenger if you dont like the message

There's no chance of that me ol' mate!

But.....

I still think those are "time lapsed" planes.

I will look at it all again later today......and.....if my internet access speed increases (I'm still enduring problems) it will be easier to do that.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

In regards to the last video you posted, how was a hoax busted?
No one was faking anything..if they truly all were just Planes/Helicopters/The Moon, etc then people were just misidentifying them.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

good point evidence anyone?

CAN ANYONE please explain what was in the top right of these frames? 8.59 above the frame edge

you can see it in 9.15 top right corner

and at 9.33 its still there

at 9.38 it leaves the frame at the right hand side about 3/4 up the edge

thats close to 40 mins of this thing in the air
is it a blimp? is it a plane?is it a ballon?or is it suposed to be the moon?

xploder

edit on 15-10-2010 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thanks for the info and update. I didn't realize there was an actual sighting, which I'll now be checking out. My wife, son and I have seen some really interesting things in the sky where we now live. One more thing... I'll talk about anything I damn well want to!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Many people are going around claiming they are not planes... insisting they are alien space ships. This makes them hoaxers.

A misidentification turned into a hoax. A busted hoax.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

flag to you for common sense
the night time footage i shot very well might be planes BUT because there is doubt
they are unidentifyed
i am not sure what they are
will be taking more screen shots tonight (last night was cloudy)
as a comparison of normal flight behaviour

xploder

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by Crimelab

Crimelab, those winds that you believe should have pushed the balloons away are the same winds that could actually keep the balloons in the area. It is 100% possible for winds to push balloons down to a lower altitude, and also push them back to where they came from. It is also 100% possible that winds were minimal and they didn't push the balloons away at all. It is also possible for winds to cross each other and create dead zones where balloons can get stuck in.

You should also research what happens to balloons that don't pop. The helium atoms are so small that they are squeezed through the pores of balloons and the balloons deflate faster than normal air balloons, and they loose altitude and never make it high in the sky to be popped.

With that said...

You're trying to tie together several possibilities into one and that won't work here. What you're saying, essentially, is that for those balloons to have stayed in the air for as long as they did in a fixed location, all of what you just mentioned would have to happen. I like how you use 100% possible, clever wording for sure, because everything is possible, but how probable? In this case, the probability of there being all of the meteorological and atmospheric conditions you described happening at once, within the same period of time, is not probable.

What you posted and the videos you posted are completely different. The leaking of helium atoms is so minuscule that it relates more to leaving the balloons in a room, because it's extremely slow and takes place over a long period of time. That is what happens when you leave a balloon with helium in a house for a while... at first it's stuck to the roof and over time, it slowly sags. That takes days, and so I don't see how it's applicable to this.

Also, let's consider the size of the balloons. They will rise at a rate of 17 feet per second, which if you were correct, it would mean that for every 17 feet, it would have to be losing helium to not continue to rise beyond the weight of the gas (which is above 30K feet for helium). This would cause them to deflate rather quickly, thus "floating for a while" but far less than the 30 minutes it would take to reach an altitude where the pressure would pop the balloon and you would see them quickly falling to the ground, not staying in the same spot.

One last thing... do you really believe you could see a few iridescent 11" balloons at an altitude of 15,000 feet? I'd like to see you release a helium balloon (or even 20 tied together) on a clear day, wait about 15 minutes (thats how long it would take to get to around 15K feet) and tell me where the balloons are? Then take a picture of it with a regular camera and I'll consider that as an example of some kind of proof to back up your claim, otherwise, you are presenting a theory on pure speculation at this point and it's misleading to people who want hard data.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
okay.. so I decided to look into this without using the forum for outside opinions. I think that was just confusing me. I looked at video of it and pictures..... they are a cluster of balloons. You can see them move in the wind like a balloon would move if air was hitting it. You know what i mean? How it goes all crazy. I'm not sure if my opinion matters all the much. But thats the conclusion I've come to by stepping back and looking at everything myself without any outside help.

and I'm relieved I have to say...My brain was just scattered last night I did not know which way I was going. Lol! Yay clear thinking again!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by TechVampyre

good point evidence anyone?

CAN ANYONE please explain what was in the top right of these frames? 8.59 above the frame edge

you can see it in 9.15 top right corner

and at 9.33 its still there

at 9.38 it leaves the frame at the right hand side about 3/4 up the edge

thats close to 40 mins of this thing in the air

xploder

edit on 15-10-2010 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

Oh... are we looking at those now!? Wow sorry I posted my comment before I read the rest of the thread that I missed! lol.... I'll read the rest now.. and I will feel like a total idiot if everyone already agreed that the day light sighting was balloons.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Mate, this is most definately a celestial object moving there. It has the same characteristics as one, it didn't change direction, make any turns, and the speed of it makes me think I'm right. And yes, it could very well be something else simply moving slowly but first, do you think that air traffic would've continued if such a bright object appeared, also don't you think that there would've been pictures of it from ground and people claiming they saw this particular glow in the night sky? My take is this is the Moon. Although it should appear to be 1/4th of it, if you go out and take a photo or video of the Moon with low quality cam such as the one we've been looking at for hours, you will see exactly the same thing - simply because the lense can't make out any details, other than the fact this object is reflecting a lot of light (which the Moon typically does) and appears round in the photo/video.

My final opinion - there was nothing out of the ordinary on the night webcams. Even if something happened during the day, either intentional hoax, non-intentional such, or the true thing, one outcome is for sure - our governments now know most people would believe anything they see in the night sky to be E.T. Which gives them a bit of an advantage if it turns out there would be a fake invasion setting off soon (which I don't believe until I don't see for myself and judge).

Cheers
edit on 15-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

But what if people truly believe some of them are not planes?
Personally I wouldnt call them hoaxers because they are not trying to trick anyone.
They are just expressing their personal beliefs.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

morning mabey
i think the majority of the light sources are planes
but in this instance there are two very strange lights
one hangs in the air for 40 mins
the other hangs in the air for less than 6 mins and changes

i will get a comparison from to night to make a gif of normal flight traffic to compaire

xploder

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

It's the moon. You can verify by checking with software like Stellarium, or I think there are some online astronomy sites that would let you check.

The earthcam webcam is on the south side of the Empire State Building. The latitude/longitude coordinates are Longitude: -73° 59' 8"
Latitude: 40° 44' 52"

And it's not actually oriented perfectly north/south so the south side really faces kind of SSW.

I just checked and sure enough that's where the moon was supposed to be, traveling along the path that it traveled along in the pics you posted.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by Crimelab

Crimelab, those winds that you believe should have pushed the balloons away are the same winds that could actually keep the balloons in the area. It is 100% possible for winds to push balloons down to a lower altitude, and also push them back to where they came from. It is also 100% possible that winds were minimal and they didn't push the balloons away at all. It is also possible for winds to cross each other and create dead zones where balloons can get stuck in.

You should also research what happens to balloons that don't pop. The helium atoms are so small that they are squeezed through the pores of balloons and the balloons deflate faster than normal air balloons, and they loose altitude and never make it high in the sky to be popped.

With that said...

A more careful analysis of your videos demonstrates that the first video clearly shows the balloons moving through the field of view from left to right when you see the church top. You can also see the elevation is not that high and they are still very visible. If that's the case, they would have been out of view for most people in a matter of minutes. Also demonstrated in the video is NOT the same thing that people reported seeing. Look back at the pictures that show several objects, many more than the 1 or 2 in the video and at a significantly higher elevation (some estimates are 30-50K feet). We all know balloons were released and that some school kids lost some, but is that concrete enough evidence? There is no doubt SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE caught the balloons on picture and film, but there is also many more people and pictures and videos popping up of objects that have yet to be identified... they were not balloons.

Why is it so hard to believe that the balloons were released, and people looked up to see them, and then upon looking up, noticed something else in the sky that remained far longer than the balloons? Something a lot of people distinguish specifically as "not a balloon"? I can't even believe we're still having discussion on balloons...

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

thank you for the information
so the large object can be verifyed as the moon
what is your opinion of this object?

in the center of frame?

xp

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I'm going with the moon

Everything else are either planes flying into and/or out of LGA, or helicopters.

The airspace over Manhattan is very busy at almost anytime during the day or night

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

That for me is a plane flying towards the camera, the only thing that bugs me is the first frame where it's a bit to the left, but that could very well be another object. I dunno, let the pros speak

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

My opinion is that it's an airplane on the path that the various bits of pieced-together earthcam footage show many airplanes taking that night.

My guess, based on what I saw in those pictures and what I know of the geography, is that there's a path airplanes take leaving Newark Int'l that comes more or less directly towards Manhattan then swerves off to the west to either follow the Hudson or head out over New Jersey. But that's just a guess, the planes could have been in a holding pattern or something like that instead.

I'm pretty sure that once we have another beautiful night like the 13th was you'll be able to see pretty much all the same stuff from that webcam. According to the weather report, I wouldn't hold your breath for tonight or tomorrow -- it's overcast and there's a chance of rain tonight. Sunday looks like it should be clear though.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

i can and will be paitient to get the landing/takeoff lights in the right conditions
as to make a comparison between 13/10/10 footage and a night with the same or similar conditions
i suspect when the weather is right it will be explained
but at this point im reserving my opinion (cant be wrong that way lol)

thanks for addressing my posts

xploder

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

XPLodER, why wait? There is already another comparison shot on this video:

It shows the exact same view (but slightly higher) AND IT IS HIGH DEFINITION VIDEO if you watch the original here:

They are already confirmed jets.

new topics

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join