It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-10-10 UFO footage at college station (Great Footage)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by Boogley

The witnesses to the OP's video already admitted to being drunk, and his girlfriend admitted to them also being under the influence of marijuana. Do you how much the credibility of the witnesses drops because of that?

Do you understand how that makes the over all sighting look? Really, how hard is it to confuse a drunk guy under the influence of marijuana? Could you trust the opinion of drunk and high people?

I'm not saying this sighting is "fake"... but I am saying it could be a HUGE error of judgement.

People under the influence of drugs make really bad judgments. Do you think they were capable of determining if it was an RC toy or not from the distance they were at while being under the influence? You do know alcohol effects your vision right?

On the other hand, it could also be seen the other way around; That they DID have the experience they claimed, despite being "under influence". Imagine that they hadn't filmed the event at all- Few would have believed them, and those that had, probably would have brushed it off as lanterns, at most.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I completely agree and was thinking the same myself about how many people assume others would react as they would. First off, many of us (especially the younger generation) are now becoming somewhat desensitized to the idea of UFO's, ghosts and the paranormal. Shore there is some shock when you witness these things but we are more capaple of grasping what might be going on instead of just freaking out. I thought the dialog was very convincing because that's exactly how my friends and I used to talk especially after drinking.

Secondly, debunking the dialog due to the girl in the vid talking to her mom about being stoned or wasted isn't that surprising to me. I grow up in a town where it was pretty common that many parents also smoked pot and even my own mother would by us beer and offer us weed if we wanted it. Some parents want to be buddies with their kids instead of just there parents. Though now I am an adult with two daughters, I look down at my mom for doing so. (Sorry mom)

Lastly, I work with CGI and imaging quite a bit and this video does not have the same clean, filtered and fake feel that comes from amature CG hoaxing. If you notice most CG hoaxes on youtube last merely a few seconds, while this vid lasted 6 1/2 mins. Thats beause CG takes alot of time perfecting to look real. So this would have to be done by some CG prodigy or a professional to get this to look as real. It seems simple to make some orbs fly around at night using CG to be convincing, but its not. To get all that detail of the lights dimming and brighting at the right time, change colors, fly off screen with the camcorder following and back and syncing the audio to react at the right time is not impossible, but is very time consuming and cumbersome for most amatuer CG hoaxers.

My opinion is that the video was not created as a hoax and they witnessed something real. However, they could have been witnessing a hoax using RC planes or Helicopter as many have concluded. Not sure what to think of that yet, just that the video seems geniune and not faked by the video takers.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a MiG15;-)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have to say these look like r/c helicopters. Notice how each went down below the line of sight. If you are ready and set up for refueling or changing batteries, it takes only seconds. LEDs are small and lite enough that each could be equipped with several for color changes. Just my take on it.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunnar.j
hey guys im the roommate of the guy who posted this video. hes uploading a couple other videos right now on youtube of the same incident last night. we were pretty gone when it happened so give us a break on the commentary, but trust me, it happened. we dont have the time or the brain cells to hatch a scheme to fake an alien video, we just wanted to see if other people saw it or not. look on reperez11 on youtube for the new videos, theyll be up soon.

why don't one of youse post a 'MapQuest location' of your observation point...
then us armchair sleuths can see what the terrain and facilities are within a 1/4 mile

i bet theres a place to land RC model planes that have a LED set up on board.

bet youse are not aware that companies sell LEDs that change color...red/blue
(in fact i just ordered a standard electric socket LED that does this from C Crane Co
long an advertiser with coast-2-coast AM)

Im sure there are color changing LEDs that a AAA battery will power for a full gastank
of fuel of a RC model airplane. thus creating a light display to amaze others and
possibly get on the 10PM local news

stars for these posters that called the RC model planes & LED strapped on somehow
airspoon, type0civ, toreishi, Indoc,... probably others that i had not read yet)

hey, college station ain't that packed with actual colleges and universities...
pranks like this should be more common at places like MIT, Penn State, Raleigh-Durham...
just for the bragging rights of pulling off a spectacular 'orb' dance-in-the-shy

FOLLOW UP INFO:

I this is college station TX ... heres the MapQuest link:
www.mapquest.com...

note there are 3 model plane launching areas just in the arbitary center of town, and far enough away to not
have the tell-tale engine noise audible, but not so far as to make the aerial acrobatics seem slow paced:

Hensel Park...wNW 400 meters from town center, this area is huge acerage
Lions Club Park...ENE 600 meters from town center
TX A&M Golf course... due south of town center, 300 yards

well-i shot my debunking info. take it from here guys
edit on 11-10-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2010 by St Udio because: inserted

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I agree. I saw the footage from all of the sightings in PA and the way the objects were moving around were the same. The only difference was that the PA objects emitted sparks and the light got so bright it looked comet-like.
edit on 11-10-2010 by 0R10N because: Learning how to embed video

edit on 11-10-2010 by 0R10N because: Still trying to learn how to embed...

PA UFO
edit on 11-10-2010 by 0R10N because: Screw it see the YouTube link above... haha..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Op, if you call this great footage i can not even imagine what mediocre footage would look like to you

A few pixels ?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
EDIT:

After adjusting gamma settings i will change my findings.

It is more plausible that this is just an RC plane.

After turning gamma and brightness to full you can see the objects more relative to the houses. They are really not that big at all. It feels as if the objects are far away but they are indeed very close. You can see them flying low above the house and they are pretty small.

In the second video you even hear one of the guys say "it looks like a little plane." and then the camera man quickly hushes him.

I'm going to say that they saw these objects and got legitimately freaked out, but then they found out what they where(some kind of RC plane) and decided to see if we would find out what it was through their videos.

That's probably why he isn't releasing the rest of the footage, because at some point they figure out what the objects really are.

edit on 11-10-2010 by demonseed because: Changing theory

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

haha what? Care to show me and others where I have supported what turned out to be a hoax? I'm pretty careful what I say. You on the other hand seem to be just shooting your mouth off.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
10-10-10 was a great day for me!
For 4 hours I layed on the beach in Daytona watching 40-50 flying objects zooming around, diving, climbing, looping and even saw one unidentified creature fall out of a craft and was scooped out of the ocean by the coastguard and taken away. It was a great Air Show

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
Using the horizon as a reference point, the objects in question are roughly the size of a 1-2 story house.

Since its kind of dark and its hard to REALLY tell, there is some margin of error. But at the very least they are the size of a car. Although thats being very conservative.

If its an RC helicopter, its pretty damn big that's for sure.

Can you explain to us how exactly you used the horizon as a reference point? Please explain how you got your figures.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Does the coast guard really get THAT interested in toy planes? I saw the RC plane sitting on the ground next to the cops, but also saw the light still hovering and changing colors in the background in the video that shows the "men in black". How the hell can you be arrested for flying an RC plane/helicopter? I didn't think it was illegal or against any rules...

In one of the videos, I understand that there are two sets of lights, one from the helicopter and one from the "UFO". They appear to be the same size or similar... Doesn't look like a real helicopter next to a toy one at all.

Of course, when all you have is a video of a light in the sky, you really don't have any proof. You could have a real video of an actual alien and it would still not be proof. I don't think proof actually exists anywhere. This case already has a great potential cause, an RC plane. But in the video where it shows the cops arresting somebody for an RC plane, the UFO is still hovering, and flashing red/blue, whereas the RC plane is on the ground already, and has a steady green light. I think we can agree that that particular RC plane and that particular dude getting arrested were NOT the cause for this UFO sighting, at least what we've seen on video.
edit on 11-10-2010 by tetsuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

I think they sound fairly sincere.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unreal13
reply to post by rajaten

I didnt, but about 5 minutes ago I just saw...(what looked like) a red cloud falling in the fly from where I saw the 'ufo' last night. By the time i got my camera it was gone, but now its in my hand. XD

Now thats strange I have no idea what is was but I was reading this thread and decided to have a look out the window. To my surprise there was a red dot in the middle of the sky just sitting there. I ran into the livingroom and grabed my cam. When I got back to the window it was gone.. Wierd.. Well to bad!!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I too think it could be some RC copter, maybe like these:
hackaday.com...

But I am open for anything!
But what really annoys me is that these people isn't trying to approach the things! If I was standing there I would run towards the # to figure out what it was!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
10-10-10 was a great day for me!
For 4 hours I layed on the beach in Daytona watching 40-50 flying objects zooming around, diving, climbing, looping and even saw one unidentified creature fall out of a craft and was scooped out of the ocean by the coastguard and taken away. It was a great Air Show

Are you serious?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indoc

Originally posted by demonseed
Using the horizon as a reference point, the objects in question are roughly the size of a 1-2 story house.

Since its kind of dark and its hard to REALLY tell, there is some margin of error. But at the very least they are the size of a car. Although thats being very conservative.

If its an RC helicopter, its pretty damn big that's for sure.

Can you explain to us how exactly you used the horizon as a reference point? Please explain how you got your figures.

please read my edit.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think this is rather interesting. I have no way of knowing for sure though. The part that sold me on the video being authentic is the distance covered by both "objects" in such a short time. Of course it is difficult to tell how far away the objects were but judging by the street lights and locations of parked cars and other cars passing by it appears they were a significant distance away. This is one of the better UFO videos I have ever seen on Youtube, too bad more people did not see this and get different footage of this.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Interesting video. The objects are clearly no more than half a mile away and aren't big but that isn't to say they aren't ET orbs
RC something or other seems logical, but if it were planes or helicopters I would have thought you'd hear something - but the girl in the video says "Can you hear the dogs going crazy?" and I certainly couldn't with the volume up.

As for the "arrest" video - total meh in my opinion. And I don't understand how one man in a suit made everyone cry MIB. More like, NMIS. Normal Man In Suit. The videos in the last few days have been exciting, for sure, but I'm wondering if people were just strangely celebrating ten o ten o ten o ten o ten or whatever it was yesterday.

Needless to say, if they are RC helicopters then I can understand why they were "arrested", if they're anything like the RC helicopters in my family - they're lethal, and flying them at night time is pretty idiotic. So I'd go with kites or planes, the manouverability seems too smooth to be an RC helicopter.

Aliens? Pre-cursor to Oct 13th? Just another video in a never ending sea of UFO videos? Who knows. Fun to watch though. And the dialogue is totally genuine, I can't believe people were assuming otherwise. Seeing something similar from a different country would get me really intrigued, but mid-west USA? Pretty normal :|
edit on 11-10-2010 by markymint because: spelling mistakes

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The footage by Mr. Perez is of very poor quality showing just little points of light.
I will post again the zooming I made of several segments in order to have a better
judgement what these lights may be. According to the information provided they
most probably are RC helicopters, what do you think.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join