It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-10-10 UFO footage at college station (Great Footage)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
In reading some of the other posts, it's very disappointing to see how ugly these threads can get.

First off, no one is qualified to play an armchair psycho-behaviorist. So please save your opinions on how a person should or should not react.
Second, these could be (and probably are) LED kites that other people (unbeknown to the videographer) are flying. So the kids on the video may not be in on a hoax but, merely witnesses.
Third, although I don't encourage people to be experts on others' behaviors I do suggest considering these 'sightings' from the UFOs prospective.

What, if anything, are these UFOs gaining (whether military or alien) at such a low altitude that's obviously visible? After all, it's not a huge show-stopping performance (like Phoenix Lights) and I can't imagine an alien pilot (or military drone) just having some down-time to do some aerobic tricks either.

So sometimes, we have to think these sightings out, backwards if you will.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by KilIuminati

I am an RC expert, you want me to start posting pictures of my helicopters?

I know what I am talking about... the object in the OP looks and acts exactly like an RC helicopter.
edit on 11-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

This are NOT R/C airplanes, Motorized kites, or R/C helicopters.

Have you ever flown your helicopter during the night? with LEDs?

look at the video and check how far this orbs go, if its an RC helicopter then person flying it must have good eyes to do some of the maneuvers you see in this video while the orb is far from the center. I used to fly RC helicopters, and tricopters for FPV flying, never flew them at night thought, now I'm into RC planes.

Doesn't matter if you have bright LEDs or EL wire like on my airplane, once you go far the colors of the LED mix and you dont know wich way its. On the video you see how this orbs fly very quickly from left to right and up and down, and from the point of view of the person recording the video, the lights travel a very far distance. and its not only one light, there is 2 lights. You will need 2 profesional RC helicopter pilots, with some sort of binocular attached to their eyes for zoom vision, to do something like this.

PS: Another thing is this was recorded on an IPHONE 4, I have an iphone 4 and to record the lights that far and that bright on the iphone 4 you need a source very bright like a baseball park lamp. the only way an LED will be bright enought for the iphone to pick it up so bright , is if you point the LED striaght to the the lens.

I have several high power LED's I will do a little experiment tonight so you can see the brightness difference.

Those light orbs are not R/C helicopters, planes, or kites.

This is my night flying RC airplane, not very bright thought. but I know what I'm talking about.

edit on 11-10-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Hurrrahhh...I dont beleive the RC hype but just dont beleive thwhole show..please debunk it

College kids Alien prank.....+1

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unreal13

Hey dude, this is a weird question I know,. but did you smell anything different in the air during your sighting?

Cheers,
Rajaten

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I agree,comments on youtube are saying look up"nighttime rc ufo" i think it's 2 rc helicopters with leds.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hello! The video looked real to me, seeing an object at a distance is a calmer experience than seeing one up close and personal. A year and a half ago in April 2009, I saw two objects together, which looked like they were really high up in the atmostsphere. They were completely still at first, white orbs, posing with a star. Then the UFOs moved at a right angle, fast 90 degrees upwards, then they just turned off. This took place a while walking my dog at 6:30 am, after putting my child on the bus. I thought "Oh! I see what all the fuss on television is about...." and I felt calm but I did go back home immediately. I felt that maybe I wasn't supposed to be seeing that. Conditioning from television I guess. The dreams and questions arose in the following years...
The five second sighting was so brief it was hard to realize, I wrote it down and showed my husband the drawing
of the event and manuvers. He didn't really believe me. It is later the significance seeped in. Who? What? Why? and Where? start popping up in my mind. That is how I found ATS. These UFOs are becoming bolder, in my opinion. It is as if some event is forth comming soon. When you start reading a pile of UFO books answers subsequently start appearing. We are a people who are not open to change and new ideas. I know people in their sixties and seventies who are very rigid in their thinking, they won't allow for ETs to be real in their minds. My generation, the 40s is just as bad about allowing this idea. My children are possitively terrified of what it could mean. I think our government and schools need to start thinking of our planet's future and what it would mean if these are real events happening, thinking of our security and our policies on how to deal with this idea. After all, they put out tornado and hurricane pamplets for the public. Denial form the 1940s needs to be re-evaluated and we as a society need to progress intellectually forward. Ignorance is not safe bliss.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
all the talk of r/cs kites etc seem a bit irrelevant these sigtings appear to have been reported multiple time all over the us it wasnt national go fly kite night was it?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I didnt, but about 5 minutes ago I just saw...(what looked like) a red cloud falling in the fly from where I saw the 'ufo' last night. By the time i got my camera it was gone, but now its in my hand. XD

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Unreal13

kk dude I highly recommend you ditch whatever you had planned for the rest of the day, go get some cold soda
and sit outside ready to film any more oddities.

I wantz ET doom NOWZ!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
This are NOT R/C airplanes, Motorized kites, or R/C helicopters.

Prove it.

Have you ever flown your helicopter during the night? with LEDs?

Yes. I have even flown them with mini florescent lights and incandescent lights, not just LED's.

It looks like this:

look at the video and check how far this orbs go, if its an RC helicopter then person flying it must have go eyes to do some of the maneuvers you see in this video while the orb is far from the center. I use to fly RC helicopters, and tricopters for FPV flying, never flew them at night thoght, now I'm into RC planes.

How do you know how far it's going? Did you measure it? If these were RC aircraft, do you know where the pilot is? You don't know where the pilot is, or how far they are flying, so who are you to say it is impossible?

Did you know RC aircraft can easily go 3000 feet, and you don't need to see it very well if you know how to fly well. I can tell you from experience.

Doesn't matter if you have bright LEDs or EL wire like on my airplane, once you go far the colors of the LED mix and you dont know wich way its. On the video you see how this orbs fly very quickly from left to right and up and down, and from the point of view of the person recording the video, the lights travel a very far distance. and its not only one light, there is 2 lights. You will need 2 profesional RC helicopter pilots, with some sort of binocular attached to their eyes for zoom vision, to do something like this.

Wrong, completely wrong.

Again, you don't even know how far it is traveling from the RC pilot, so your argument is flawed.

PS: Another thing is this was recorded on an IPHONE 4, I have an iphone 4 and to records the lights that far and that bright on the iphone 4 you need a source very bright like a baseball park lamp. the only way an LED will be bright enought for the iphone to pick it up so bright , is if you point the LED striaght to the the lens.

You don't know how far it is... so how can you make these wild guesses to how it should look? You don't know how bright it is either.

You are making baseless claims.

I have several high power LED's I will do a little experiment tonight so you can see the brightness difference.

Don't bother unless you use a similar light with the exact same brightness, and you are the exact same distance as in the OP's video. If you don't have those two factors identical then you will just be showing irrelevant examples. I can easily get a dim light, and film it from a far distance and say "see it's not the same"... Just as easily as I can get a super bright LED and film from another distance and say "see it's exactly the same".

Your test will be irrelevant.

Those light orbs are not R/C helicopters, planes, or kites.

Prove it.

This is my night flying RC airplane, not very bright thought. but I know what I'm talking about.

Nah, you don't know what you are talking about, clearly.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
To many videos from different people, places and different times during 10-10-10. Can we drop the R/C night flying thing and check other possibilities?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Sightings happen every day all over the country caused by different objects. Unless you can prove all the objects are the same your post is pointless.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Please, show us that all these sightings are related, and are the same object... You can't..

Please show us all these videos you talk about.. All I have seen are multiple videos from the same people. And the other videos from different places look nothing like the first ones in the OP.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think that this is some fantastic footage and kudos to the guy, Ryan, for putting this sighting out there for all to see. I am not going to get into a panty-twisting, finger-pointing tirade about how whether or not the dialog was contrived or the finer points of family to family telephone etiquette. All that needs to be focused on is the footage itself, which I must say is rather fascinating, from what I have seen. Many have said, "Well why didn't they jump in the car and ride out for a closer look? Well, it makes sense that a couple who have obviously been partying and seeing something extremely unusual, did have the their wits about them enough to not want to risk a DUI charge to go out seeking what may or may not have been a UFO. Had they not been partying then maybe they would have went out and tried to chase the objects. Having had my own UFO sighting experience back in the fall 2003, I can totally understand the awestruck reaction Ryan and his friend exhibited. All my girlfriend and I wanted to do was stand and watch, not wanting to miss a single second of what we were experiencing, because it was so far beyond what we were accustomed to seeing, as well as believing. So I can sympathize with the repetitive nature and fantastical disbelief by those documenting this event, which in my opinion, seems credible enough surrounding what could be for them, to be a once in a lifetime event. As for the "lights" themselves, they exhibited many unnatural capabilities associated with "known" aircraft..like the lack of noise, the hovering, the maneuvering capabilities, as well as the dramatic acceleration of the ascention/descention of the objects. I just think that the footage should not be so easily dismissed and pawned off as RC airplanes or RC helicopters just because in the skeptics or debunkers mind, that explanation seems the most simple or plausible. I also have to put this out there,.. just because people witness an event like this, whether it's by one person or a lot of people, doesn't mean that they automatically phone it in to the police during or after the event. If you haven't noticed, the police and the media aren't exactly very welcoming of UFO reports. I mean who's to say that the event wasn't seen by scores of others who just didn't feel like being put through the "ridicule wringer". It took me 3 years to report my sighting to MUFON after the fact for just that very reason. I believe that this is a fantastic catch and a genuine catch at that and that posting the footage on YouTube was a much better decision than to call in a report that would have just ended up in the circular file. At least on YouTube it will get a fair shake from believers, also from the skeptics, well maybe not from the skeptics, but it will be seen and will be put into a position where it can be reviewed and analyzed, hopefully in as much of an unbiased way as possible.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

What other possibilities?

It could be RC aircraft, kites, aliens, government craft... all of it has been mentioned. Now you have to find which one is more plausible.

We all know aliens is the least plausible, government experimental craft is next in line, kites is really pushing it, but RC aircraft fits like a glove.

The only thing you can do is argue your beliefs, or actually do some real investigation.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

That is definitely one thing that I see going on a lot on this sight, especially on this subject, many folks getting argumentative because of a clash of beliefs. Yet, not a lot of real investigation.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rle4lunch
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Ugh, listen, I'm not discounting that it couldn't be a UFO, I've seen quite a few very weird things in the night sky, and I truly believe in them. In 17 years of naval aviation experience, I've seen a number of unexplainable things both military and non-military.. That's the problem with this site though, people want to believe so badly that there is a coverup on everything that they'll blindly believe anything, discounting the fact that it could be a number of other things besided a UFO. Has anyone confirmed the national guard helo being called?

Before the personal and unfounded attacks (the anonymity of the internet strikes again, giving people some sort of self righteousn ego boost by calling others stupid for no reason) of the people who are trying to bring a solution to the message board rather than jumping on the 'it's definitely a ufo and if you say otherwise your a disinfo agent' bandwagon, how about finding out all the facts and explore all the options?

That's too crazy though, it might make too much sense.

With all due respect i was going on all the information that was available at the time i posted.The witness was here on this thread answering questions so i thought it was a good point that was raised that if this is a simple case of RC lights/toy then of course it could be done again.Was not intending to have a go at you personally as that is not my nature in debating and yes you are right ALL specifics of a case must be looked at before jumping to any finale conclusions.Sorry if i came across in a ignorant way but cases like this can through up so much info and speculations that one can easily be a bit bogged down with different perceptions from so many people at one time.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: courtesy perception

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Man, I'm in texas and I've seen 3 potential UFOs in the past like 2 days. I've seen orbs swirling around and forming into triangle formation, and a black triangle, but that was all at least 1.5 years ago. Nothing since. And then 2 interesting flying cylinders making no noise (but when plane went by could hear it just fine and it was higher up), then last night some really bright green/red nflashing lights, the red light looked like it was a loading bar almost in that the red light moved back and forth. There were two of these guys flying very close to the horizon last night.

SOMETHING is out and about this time of the year....

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
all the videos ive seen look very similar but the main point of interest is that they were all filmed on the same night

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
LOLLL JACKPOT FOR THE DEBUNKERS, you guys are going to love this video

anyways look at the men in black, they showed up, i wonder if this is the cover up

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join