It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-10-10 UFO footage at college station (Great Footage)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
Wow!! Thanks everyone for such a huge response!!! As of right now, after reading over the thread again, and talking to some members here, I am still not throwing out the RC/LED kite idea, and I dont think anyone else should yet. Hopefully, we get some more information, video, and witness' to take this a step further, and maybe the objects will show up in the sky again and we can get down to what it really is!!! Once again, thanks everryone for your participation!!!

Ziggyproductions05.....

As per my first post herein.....

Thanks again for posting this interesting video.

It is always interesting to get to the bottom of such cases, in this case R/C LED models.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Perhaps, perhaps not. I think they look more like helicopters with the hovering motion and the vertical swoops. I'm not sure kites would have the same stability these objects have.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Perhaps, perhaps not. I think they look more like helicopters with the hovering motion and the vertical swoops. I'm not sure kites would have the same stability these objects have.

FlySolo.....

I still think the appearance could be replicated by using motorised R/C LED kites.....not wind-driven kites.

However, it appears in this instance, the objects are R/C LED H/C's / planes.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I can see how you can link the video to the LED kites, but my thoughts are that if they are indeed LEDs viewed from a distance, it would have to be a long way from the person recording because of how small the light is. With that said, those kites or anything motorized, would have to have a pretty beefy motor to climb and change directions like those in the video did.

The ones shown in your included videos don't seem to be able to move that fast in person. They also don't seem like they could rise above the surrounding buildings into the sky like the ones in the video. I would imagine that viewing them from that distance they would be moving A LOT slower, would you agree? Not saying they definitively are not RC objects, but at that distance it seems a little far-fetched to me. Not sure about how far away the other people who saw the same thing are, so that would help to find out.

Also, it would have to be something other than a kite, maybe a quadracopter or whatever that thing is called to move like those were. That would also have to be a larger one than the minis that I have seen in order to put all of those LED lights on, not to mention those would have to have some beefy motors as well to move that fast at the distance they would be away from the people seeing them. Hope I made sense. Anyone else following me?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I will agree they are a human driven motorized 'something". I'll leave it at that. Aliens just don't fly that way

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 0R10N

Just replying to the comment about a kite etc. not being able to change direction or move too quickly. Check out the video posted below. These kites are extremely manueverable and can fly in a stable manner if the person controlling them chooses. The lights on the objects turning off is just power being cut to the kite. And they seem to largely be flying in circular or figure 8 patterns with dives etc.

Just my feeling... Kites with very bright LEDs attached to them. Simply just programmed to change colors from time to time. Explains the silence of the objects too.

It doesn't have to be from this particular kit either. I mean, its a college. All it takes is a kite fanatic (I have at least one buddy who flies these things all the time) who is also in to electronics and they can whip this up themselves.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-10-2010 by monke675 because: Added bit at end

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 0R10N

I got you

You just said it a lot better than I did. MMN's example was much too weak. Once those things got enough altitude, manageability wold be extremely difficult in my opinion.
I'll give him credit for trying though.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by cdesigns

It would be a good idea to place your cameras at separate locations (as widely as possible). That way it may be possible to create "3D" images which can be used to determine the distance of anything you may capture.

Ok just located the cameras on my backyard, pointing in different views, this is only a test, I have wanted to do this from a long time, but the cameras I have are CMOS and not that good, but I want to do a setup like this in the future using (4) CCD high resolution cameras with wide angle lens, and let them record all night and day. 640x480 @30fps. For now I have to work with what I have.

edit on 11-10-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 0R10N

0R10N.....

As I just noted above.....

I still think the appearance could be replicated by using motorised R/C LED kites.....not wind-driven kites.

Those motorised kites can fly extremely well. From a distance, the bright LED's "merge" into one "glowing" light source.

However, it appears in this instance, the objects are R/C LED H/C's / planes.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Neat, a lightshow at night, once again up and assume its ufos. Although they did make quite the show, it looks like something that an RC plane would do, or even lazerpens against a brick wall, but the manuvers could have beenb done by an RC plane, i am very sure of it.

Because why would aliens in thier spacefaring shicome all this way to a small worthless planet to do lightshows for a primtive monkey-like species?

HOAX...like everything else

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Having lived in College Station, I can make one statement for certain: If ANYONE is outside at 2:00 am or later, they are drunk out their minds and their judgment is impaired; thus, their ability to discern what they are seeing is absolutely flawed. A&M has a large Aerospace program and there are lots of pranksters, within that department, that routinely pull stunts just like this incident.

That is my opinion; however, having lived there, it's a well informed opinion.
edit on 11-10-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You know what? I have changed my position. I compared the previous clip of the night kite with the OP. The acceleration in the swoops down are akin to that of the kite clip. I think we have "two" separate vehicles. One helicopter and one kite. The two keep a fare distance from each other while one stays above the other one doing the maneuvers.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

You know what? I have changed my position. I compared the previous clip of the night kite with the OP. The acceleration in the swoops down are akin to that of the kite clip. I think we have "two" separate vehicles. One helicopter and one kite. The two keep a fare distance from each other while one stays above the other one doing the maneuvers.

FlySolo.....

You know what? I have changed my position.

You're worse than me!

I think it's just that both things look very similar from a distance.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I have the same opinion as you airspoon so
nothing to add really a radio controlled heli
and a R/C plane with lights.
could be electric hence not much sound from
the models.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Look at the stunts an R/C Helicopter can do:

(don't know how to embed)T-Rex 500

edit on 11-10-2010 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Look at the stunts an R/C Helicopter can do:
(don't know how to embed)T-Rex 500

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GlummyDay

I see where you are coming from...But in my opinion it's a good idea to explore man-made options before toying with the idea that it's unknown. Since the objects in the footage are similar to certain known human made technology...we can't use it as hardcore proof that something unexplainable is going on without our knowledge. Just jumping to conclusions that it's def. a ufo...makes us just as blind as those who are closed to the idea that we are not alone. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

That is some awesome flying. Really shows whats possible and should at least be considered when looking at vids like the College one. How much power would be needed to keep an RC like that in the air if it was running purely off of battery power and still maintain a flyable weight. Just assuming the kids weren't simply just too far away from the lights to pick up engine sounds on whats most likely a cell phone.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Thank you

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Nice setup... however, I would suggest that you have two cameras pointed in the same direction but only one camera is 10 or more feet away from the other. This way you can compare both images from both cameras and you can actually use the two images to determine size and distance of any object.

You can use parallax to determine the distance of an object by observing which object moves faster or slower when alternating between images. Slower movement means the object is far away, and faster movement means the object is closer.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join