It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened BEFORE the big bang?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

If there was space, I believe so. The only question then is where did the matter and energy come from.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The best explanation I have heard for 'Time' is -

Time is a human construct designed to explain a feeling of linear progression.

It doesn't really exist - someone invented it as a way of explaining that feeling.
I think you may be coming from an understanding that 'time' is a reality. Remove it from your thinking - in reality there's actually only the here and now. I believe I'm only living in one moment, with a constant series of actions in that one moment. It makes it all the more important to make the moment count.
(Hope that didn't sound like jibberish...!)

Much love...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Man, you are a tough nut to crack.

Energy I believe, don't have to "come from anywhere". It has always been there and always will be. It's everywhere in everything.

PS. Did anyone actually read my opening post and the theory and not just the title? It just seems a bit off topic at the moment. No complaints though, just wondering.

VVV
edit on 6-10-2010 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Good topic V.V.V. (shouldn't that be "voorwerp"??),

I believe the big bang is repeated over and over again. Only it is constantly the same material....

Big bang........big crunch. Big bang......big crunch. Big bang........etc

I think our universe is like a heart. We are merely in the middle of a heartbeat.....

I also believe every piece of matter is connected to every other piece of matter through invisible rubber bands. As each particle move away from every other particle, the stress within the rubber band builds up along certain points. Those points are galaxy's, stars, planets etc.
At a certain point the maximum stretching capacity of the rubber bands is reached and they snap back to their point of origin. Slamming them into each other with such force, all the energy accumulates to a point of critical mass and has no other option but to explode.....

Indeed, I have no idea what I am talking about. But I remain convinced of this theory until somebody proofs me wrong...

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Sharp eye on the name, it was a typo.

Indeed, your theory is very similar to mine. And the great thing is, since it's a theory nobody can proof you wrong.

Alot of people refer to the big bang as a theory too. There is no proof of it every happenning, that is why the whole topic is speculative, but it does make for an interesting discussion.

Some good theories has allready been posted, and I thank the posters for them.

VVV

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think Two and a Half Men were before The Big Bang Theory, or was it CIS.....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Good topic V.V.V. (shouldn't that be "voorwerp"??),

I believe the big bang is repeated over and over again. Only it is constantly the same material....

Big bang........big crunch. Big bang......big crunch. Big bang........etc

I think our universe is like a heart. We are merely in the middle of a heartbeat.....

I also believe every piece of matter is connected to every other piece of matter through invisible rubber bands. As each particle move away from every other particle, the stress within the rubber band builds up along certain points. Those points are galaxy's, stars, planets etc.
At a certain point the maximum stretching capacity of the rubber bands is reached and they snap back to their point of origin. Slamming them into each other with such force, all the energy accumulates to a point of critical mass and has no other option but to explode.....

Indeed, I have no idea what I am talking about. But I remain convinced of this theory until somebody proofs me wrong...

Peace

You may have missed my earlier reply on this...

"Well it won't implode there isn’t enough matter to allow gravity to pull it back again, it will continue until basically nothing. As I understand it it’s a once off universe unless this universe collides with another universe expanding in our direction then just possibly there is your big bang"

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Well now, If there is enough mass in dark matter, the universe will implode. It is called the Oscillating Universe Theory.

Have a look here.

Remember though, we are speculating about unproven metaphysics.

VVV

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The Big Bang was a terrorist attack orchestrated by the Al Qaeda to destroy the NOTHINGNESS. And now, 15 billions later, we are still suffering the consequences of their crime.

Don't worry, though. The NWO will eventually reach their goal and destroy the ALL leaving NOTHING behind.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I lean towards the string theory.

Physicist Neil Turok: Big Bang Wasn't the Beginning

Read More www.wired.com...

For decades, physicists have accepted the notion that the universe started with the Big Bang, an explosive event at the literal beginning of time. Now, computational physicist Neil Turok is challenging that model -- and some scientists are taking him seriously.

According to Turok, who teaches at Cambridge University, the Big Bang represents just one stage in an infinitely repeated cycle of universal expansion and contraction. Turok theorizes that neither time nor the universe has a beginning or end.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Getting back to the op’s original – The way I see it is before the big bang (and I’m not say there was such a thing) so I will call it beginning of time of this universe. If indeed we collided with another universe creating a big bang it would also have had time (perhaps different to this universe) nonetheless in our terms it would have taken time to progress as ours has. Add our universes time to the one before and before to infinity and that is time. It’s never ending and was always there and will always be there - somewhere.
MJ2

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks for the contribution.

I agree with the theory.

Neither time nor universe has a beginning or an end. This is the crux of the matter.

VVV

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Before the big bang?

Probably the big compression.

That sounds flippant i know, but there schools of thought that think everything contracted down to the point just before the big bang, them boom! Expansion - contraction, expansion - contraction...it's just the Universe breathing in and out.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Maybe our 'brane' of existence was confined to a singularity, in which the gravitational pressures or whatever became so great that it ripped a hole into another 'brane' and sucked a lot of stuff in like a vacuum. Sorry for incoherence, coffee isn't flowing yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

ackk sorry, watch this tho, its good
edit on 6-10-2010 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
What happened before the Big Bang?

Well whatever happened it was a lot more of quiet, thats for sure.

Seriously though the only one who knows is the Great Invisible Spaghetti Monster, otherwise known as God.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by majestictwo

Well now, If there is enough mass in dark matter, the universe will implode. It is called the Oscillating Universe Theory.

Have a look here.

Remember though, we are speculating about unproven metaphysics.

VVV

Look I do understand where you’re coming from but even including the dark matter it is still expanding not only that its accelerating. This is not unproven metaphysics it’s measured from what’s out there. I still think the “collisions of expanding universes” is still the best bet. Even when our universe is so large and seemingly cold it will contain matter and that’s energy ready for a collision. Don’t you agree that it fits the findings – but hey I’m open as long as it fits the continuous expansion findings.
There are so many hypotheses, almost anyone can making them up these days.
MJ2

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Imagine a black hole, all light energy and matter is sucked in and never left. Now I wonder where he goes all light energy and matter that is sucked into this black hole? probably will accumulate inside of the black hole and going out the other side forming a BIG BANG, I do not know, but this is my theory, our universe emerged from a black hole. Big Bang, Explosion of light what a coincidence isn't it? Sorry for my english

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
You may have missed my earlier reply on this...

No.......what makes you think so?? And why do you state it as if that should prove anything..

"Well it won't implode there isn’t enough matter to allow gravity to pull it back again, it will continue until basically nothing. As I understand it it’s a once off universe unless this universe collides with another universe expanding in our direction then just possibly there is your big bang"

Your theory is nice! Seems pretty convincing and well thought out......

(I'm gonna stick with my rubber-band theory, if you don't mind?)

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I want to share information I have from living and experiencing reality outside the Box of what is considered normal in our Indoctrination into our Culture.

I wanted to know if our Universe had a boundary. So with that as my Intent I journeyed.. call it what you will.. but it is not astral limited... and eventually came to what appeared like a membranous skin, like a bubble skin that could be passed through. Outside of that skin were billions of other Bubble-verses, and when two of them lightly touched they gave off enough energy to create a Big Bang scenario that was the point of conception for another Bubble-verse.

That's when I understood something so simple it really surprised me. Each Bubble-verse is like a baby being conceived when two human parents join/touch, and each Bubble-verse grows and explores itself by diversifying into everything that comes into creation within it.

Hence our Bubble-verse.. what we mistakenly call The Universe.. is only one of Billions of individual forms in a much larger picture reality.

And so to me a Big Bang scenario is not only likely but more probable due to this observation of how a new Bubble-verse is "created".

Let the flaming begin...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join