reply to post by rajaten
1) The UN appoint an ambassador for first contact!........!
Well in lieu of all our space-programs like the Kepler, Cassini Huygen, the Mars Rovers et al, setting up an ambassador only seems logical just in
case something did come up. After all folks...we are looking for Extra-terrestrial life out there somewhere.
What does everyone think we are doing with all our space programs? Looking for PIXIES?
We do have other SPACE missions, but looking for other earth-like planets is on the list.
I mean, doesn't the word SPACE give you all a clue?
2) U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects leading to an event at the Press Club in DC that was covered by
the MSM .......!
This seems to be a revelation to the OP but, this is not news. We already had this
information and already know about it. You Tubers have it covered. le shrug
3) Vatican’s astronomer says he'd love to ‘Baptiste an alien’.......!
We know, we know, the Vatican wants to baptize everyone, not just aliens.
Yes we know the History of the Inquisition etc. I especially like Mel Brooks version
of it! And too after the Galileo debacle, forgiving the astronomer 400 years after they excommunicated him, well to me that is laughable. Yes, the
Vatican needs to give the appearance that they are in the "know".
4) Discovery of the first earth like planet able to produce life........!
They said that about Gliese 581 c as well. That was in 2007. We were waiting for more planets in that system to unveil. Finding any planet that may be
earth-like is always exciting news especially being so close 20 light years away. Hell, they even say that about Mars with the water and methane
The launching of the Kepler Mission is a NASA space observatory designed to discover Earth-like planets orbiting other stars
5) Mars, Here We Come! Congress Approves $19 Billion NASA Budget.....!
Um...yeah? So? Mars is easier to get at. Nothing unusual about that. Mars is an on-going project. We have the Rovers up there (my fave bots).
Nothing new about that!
6) Stephen Hawking, one of the most respected and revered scientific minds come out and states his position on the topic........!
What is the big deal about a scientist cautioning people? I think his comment was wise! Since when do scientists NOT have an opinion about LIFE
outside our Solar System?
To bottom-line this whole thing, "We are all aware that WE are looking for earth-like planets"!
This has been an ON-GOING PROJECT! Instead of jumping to conclusions, sit back and
enjoy the ride!
Well, people love to speculate.......so what else is new?