It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Academy to discuss “extra-terrestrial life and the UN agenda” *BREAKING NEWS*

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Actually, I remember specifically maybe...maybe not simply stating- so what, they talk about all kinds of stuff.

can you show me any posting of denial?

Well yes, if you go back and look at that particular board, there were plenty of such posts on there by all the usual suspects, and I remember arguing with them that the story was true and posted a bunch of links to various newspapers to prove it. This issue is going to be discussed by the UN General Assembly in the future.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

There was mentions of Gliese system planets a few years ago with the potential of supporting life due to their location in the so called "goldie lock" zone. However thes planets were later found to be just outside the necessary orbit to allow for liquid water. This new find which they now believe is defenitly within the correct distance from the mother star is dubbed 581g not 581e.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think you have to ask yourself, if this is a "false flag" operation, what could be gained, or lost by it? What is the motivation here?

Its naive to think we are alone in this giant bubble of a universe. I think we all agree on that. Could TPTB actually be forthcoming with information, as it pertains to the entire world? Sure. What do they have to lose? Answer - Nothing. They can tell us the truth, or the "massaged" version of it and let everyone become panicked (they win) or passified (they win).

Panicked - They get their precious "kill switch" martial law et al.

Passified - We stop paying attention to the current events that strip us of our rights and we wake up and realize its too late to stop the beast.

Take it all in stride my brothers and sisters. An overreaction warrants a swift and detrimental hammering of ourselves. An under-reaction leads us further down the path we are on, only with increased speed. Keep your heads on and eyes and ears open.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Great thread, S&F.

It seems as though et is being taken seriously for a change. About time

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Please be so kind as to name e some of these UFOlogist's you speak of, because all I have seen on ATS is how just about anyone who claims that 'title' is either a hoaxer, a charlatan, or in it for the money... so name me some .

No matter who it is, if there is a claim made, someone somewhere will call out hoax...that much I know...but someone simply saying they are lying is different than someone whom has a long list of frauds proven...
People like Bill Marr...interesting chap. Some would say Bill Ryan from Project Alpha (formerly Camelot) is a truthseeker...if a bit gullible of course.
Stanton Friedman should be in the place where Greer currently sits as far as the face of serious research in my opinion. etc...people of science and curiousity that try to unveil the truth behind the bunk...but will also slam things they find to be frauds.

-note, I put Bill Ryan in that list, even though I know he gives far too much airtime to nonsense and hoaxters...but I personally believe his motivation is to seek truth verses a neat belief system. Kerry however I find to be a opinionated quack..just my opinion of course-

It also irks me that debunkers like Phil Plat from Bad Astronomy and Jim Oberg make MONEY selling books and doing tours to debunk what the believers claim, yet no one takes them to task for 'profiteering' Care to explain that discrepancy?

Dont have to...just because the other side are being asshats doesn't mean you have to stoop down to their level...both sides have extremes and are agenda driven to sell books and beliefs to their flock...and no doubt in time both sides of the coin will be made redundant...for now though, it is more acceptable to say the ordinary than the extraordinary...and that makes sense overall..I am glad people of science are less held to the fire for their words and actions than those claiming supernatural things...this is actually a change from the history of civilization when it was science that was rejected in the public forum. You could write endless books about the pop religion in the area without harm or questioning, but write a science book and you may end up dead...so, turn about is fair play.

If you don't have faith in your own work, then what is the point

Desire for truth. Faith is little more than a wish when the facts point elsewhere.

I have desire to focus my work so my skill will see it through...I don't go to a computer and use faith to fix it, I use knowledge...all things should be approached like that. Problem solving and research trumps faith.

now, I do understand about connecting the dots, and it is great fun to speculate on where its all going...hell, that fuels desire to understand the truth in the first place...but I find it more constructive to hard nose work to see if these things are even connected verses just default assume its all connected. Is there a thread that binds all of this together? some company working in the background that is lobbying the UN, that is funding the science firm that is discussing the planet, etc...that to me is progressing the talks...find the actual connections verses simply assume its there.

a good person to watch to train yourself would be rachael maddow (no matter what political persuasion). She demonstrates almost nightly how many seemingly unrelated movements are actually being orchistrated by one or two firms and how it all connects that otherwise would be completely overlooked. again, this is not a lets talk about maddow subject, but how to connect actual connectable dots...no speculation needed.

all about fact mining...and you may find that your initial assumptions were fully true and even more profound than you first knew.
perhaps the puppetmaster pulling the strings turns out to be lockheed martin, or some genetic research lab...imagine what could be the speculation from that point.

ok, long story short...the elusive facts behind this may be alot more interesting than the fairly mundane "disclosure is nigh" topic...

I am ranting...moving the keyboard away now.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttleEver since man first could see Mars, he thought he could see "canals" and "cities" and concluded there must be life there! But he was wrong.

there are canals...dry seabeds, and chances are highly likely there was life (granted, perhaps not advanced life, but microbes and such).

cities...well, doubtful, but they are still harshly speculating about it...pyramids and whatnot.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket
I think you have to ask yourself, if this is a "false flag" operation, what could be gained, or lost by it? What is the motivation here?

you dont get ATS, do you

nothing happens that is not a false flag

step 1) declare false flag
step 2) find a reason why its a false flag...however odd it may sound

use something really strange like...they will flip the big off button on the internet (nevermind there is no such button...thats beside the point...facts are false flags also).

the expression false flag is another meaningless phrase in these parts.

edit on 1-10-2010 by SaturnFX because: had to add some disinfo.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I couldnt of said it better myself..I would of starred this twice if I could

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thWorldIsNow I have been visited by Star Beings many times but do not ask me to show you proof. Go within, to your heart center, to find the truth.

You misunderstood...

The Von Braun statements are not saying that their are or are not any aliens or visitors... only that a false invasion will be used as an excuse to get more money to buy even more weapons and space toys

This was von Braun's list...
American "Enemy's List" to Sustain War Mode and Pentagon Budgets

1) Soviet Union
2) Terrorists
3) Asteroids
4) Extraterrestrials

Now take a minute and just think about that list

1) Soviet Union The cold War created an atmosphere of fear and paranoia that made it easy for both Russia and the US to arm to the teeth with nuke, and the public was gung ho to spend the money for 'national security

The Russians never were our enemy in my opinion... it was all a ruse

2) Terrorists The current 'war' in Iraq and Afghanistan... the war on terrorists Few even know anymore that we are NOT AT WAR with these countries... we are only rousting terrorists and fighting for their freedom That is why it's called "Operation Iraqi Freedom" How many billions is going into the war budget over that? It can also be argued by many that don't buy the 'official' 9/11 story that this was the catalyst to all that spending, especially since the very day BEFORE 9/11 Rumsfeld announced 2.3 TRILLIOm missing from the budget and 25% of DoD spending unaccounted for

3) Asteroids Well isn't this UN 'ambassador" going to discuss asteroids at an ET conference by the Royal society? Did not NASA just tell us that an asteroid will miss us in a few days that they only spotted a month ago? Did not an asteroid miss the Earth a while back and almost slam into Mars and that one was not seen till it was almost upon us? Seems to me they will be asking for more money soon to protect us from Asteroids... Also the military classified data on space rocks not that long ago...

SPACE.com -- Military Hush-Up: Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified
www.space.com...

‘potentially hazardous’ asteroid to pass Earth Earth in mid-October
www.datelinezero.com...

An asteroid may have Mars in its cross hairs - Los Angeles Times
articles.latimes.com...

Asteroid Threatens to Hit Mars
December 21, 2007

Astronomers funded by NASA are monitoring the trajectory of an asteroid named 2007 WD5 that is expected to cross the orbital path of Mars early next year....
Because the asteroid has been tracked for little more than a month, there is still some uncertainly about the path it will take

www.physorg.com...

So seems we are well underway on item 3 on Wernher's list

4) Extraterrestrials

In light of the recent developments discussed here... well you get the picture

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thats the point of my post. Everyone needs to calm down, and relax a bit.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jganer

My feelings exactly. This is out "their" control and "they" are in damage mode trying to prevent panic should a mass visitation occur.

I could be wrong of cause.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

STAR AND FLAG! Thank you for that!

I do believe that something is going on. Don't forget that ALL news is CONTROLLED information. Nothing gets out into the MSM unless it's for furthering an agenda.

I read a post that called the Project Blue Beam a hoax. It is not. My cousin launches satellites and although he didn't answer my questions regarding his job and types of satellites he is launching (strict confidentiality agreement), I did ask him about Project Blue Beam and his answer was, "Yes, very possible, even probable."

Ronald Reagan in a speech from 1985:
"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think, how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask is not an alien force ALREADY among us?" "There are only a handful of people who know the truth about this."

link   
it does certainly seem that the disclosure meme is here and once the meme is in play the reality tends to turn up soon after. i have notice the topic of disclosure becoming more and more evident in the past few weeks, heck i may have even started a (weak) disclosure thread myself very recently. Hold your breath and maybe stock up on canned food and shotguns.

link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket

Thats the point of my post. Everyone needs to calm down, and relax a bit.

You new here?!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten

1) The UN appoint an ambassador for first contact!........!

Well, Mrs Othman invented this job based on the discovery of earth like planets not too far from us, her job is based on the 'possibility' of aliens visiting, not based on them actually visiting now or in the past, so that's not disclosure, I don't know why people are saying it is.

Quote-''''The 58-year-old is expected to tell delegates that the proposal has been prompted by the recent discovery of hundreds of planets orbiting other starts, which is thought to make the discovery of extraterrestrial life more probable than ever before.'' www.telegraph.co.uk...

2) U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects leading to an event at the Press Club in DC that was covered by the MSM .......!

Now this one is interesting but these could be some sort of drone from another country....before anyone laughs at that just remember what people say about how government tech is 20-30 years ahead....it could just be another country testing their newest hardware at those nuke bases........that explanation is at 'least' as likely as the craft being alien flown.

3) Vatican’s astronomer says he’d love to ‘baptise an alien’.......!

And? Who cares what he says? He's just trying to show people that the church is all ''groovy'' and far out. Good friggin grief, they even want to brainwash aliens, typical.

4) Discovery of the first earth like planet able to produce life........!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good news that, lthough it doesn't mean aliens are visiting, it just means we found planets similar to earth, brilliant news but not disclosure.

5) Mars, Here We Come! Congress Approves $19 Billion NASA Budget.....!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We've been sending people into space for decades, how's this disclosure?

6) Stephen Hawking, one of the most respected and revered scientific minds comes out and states his position on the topic........!

He doesn't believe aliens have visited, just that they exist elsewhere, even most sceptics accept they exist in the universe.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Hawkwind. because: typo

link   
As a self-titled skeptic myself (who admittedly can be far too dismissive), this string of events certainly makes it look like something big really IS happening. I certainly hope it is, and I hope the aliens are benevolent.

link   

New enough... LOL

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
Hold your breath and maybe stock up on canned food and shotguns.

shotguns?

if the stories are to be believed,,,they can shut off our nukes with a dang flashlight...what the hell is a shotgun gonna do?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

you don't need a computer chip to operate a shotgun.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman

you don't need a computer chip to operate a shotgun.

ok, fair enough
but still, this is like a b52 bomber flying across the world and being taken out by some guy on the ground whipping a spear at it.

actually, that reminds me of this game I used to play..civilization (the first one) where it was possible to take out a tank with just a spearmen if the dice rolled the right way, they fixed that in later games, but it was sort of funny, the visualization of the action...some near caveman tossing a pointy stick at a M1A1 and it exploding.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join