It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Academy to discuss “extra-terrestrial life and the UN agenda” *BREAKING NEWS*

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

yeah i know you emailed him i saw your post about it. Makes it stranger you would mention those 2 things as if theres a connection. You even said in the post "signal" wasnt from Gliese
It comes accross as rambling. But if you made a mistake thats cool.

p.s its not been confirmed as an ET signal yet. Thats why i put it in quotes.

edit on 1-10-2010 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54The objection of the UN spokesman is particularly interesting. He stated that there was no plan to change the UN mandate empowering its Office of Outer Space Affairs. What he apparently didn't explain is that UNOOSA 's mandate *already* includes attending to matters of International Space Law, on behalf of the UN, and that interactions with extraterrestrial beings are *already* covered by such law. As the current head of UNOOSA, Dr. Mazlan Othman is the senior representative of the United Nations in extraterrestrial affairs.

Thanks for pointing that out... a very relevant distinction indeed

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
omg, academics are going to discuss ETs in social and scientific understandings.

the sky is falling!

academics have been discussing such stuff for years upon years...why is this suddenly scary or exciting?
You can connect as many dots as you want, but that doesn't mean a picture will form...well, I mean, it will form according to how you want to see it, but...hmm, let me connect some random dots and show you the flaw here.

1) 2001, the greer disclosure happens, shortly after that, 9/11 distracts the nation
2) 2008, a man of color is elected into the white house with questionable heritage..birth certificate issues
3) 2010, health care reform is signed into law
4) 2010, a planet nearby is stated that life in some form is almost certain
5) 2010, the UN puts someone in charge that, if aliens should visit, they have someone to talk to
6) 2010, Adademics are talking about ETs

can you see it! Obama is clearly an alien whom has initiated a plan to change the genetic structure of mankind to (insert medical conspiracy theory here) and make us a bunch of (choose: slaves/gods)!!! its soo clear, you people have to see it also, I pointed out the dots and everything!!!

now...are we living in interesting times in regards to scientific query and revelations? you betcha...but each story is simply a interesting event...you can try to paste together all sorts of joyful or doom ridden plots, but that is just wild speculation based on random events. you may be 100% dead on, but chances are, your not.

My final question is...is the (secret squirrel) government exceptionally smart, or really dumb? you can't really have it both ways...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
p.s its not been confirmed as an ET signal yet. Thats why i put it in quotes.

Well it was a signal that came from off this Earth so it IS an Extra Terrestrial signal...

The only question is was it sent by someone
or was it naturally occurring

To all;

Just to be clear on that UN Office... since no one actually went to look

There really IS such an office

United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs
www.oosa.unvienna.org...

edit on 1-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
To all;

Just to be clear on that UN Office... since no one actually went to look

There really IS such an office

United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs
www.oosa.unvienna.org...

and the mission statement is simple:

The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) is the United Nations office responsible for promoting international cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space. UNOOSA serves as the secretariat for the General Assembly's only committee dealing exclusively with international cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space: the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS).

international use of outer space...aka, dont nuke up satellites, no jetting garbage in low earth orbit, etc. its not the federation of planets.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
My final question is...is the (secret squirrel) government exceptionally smart, or really dumb? you can't really have it both ways...

It is well known that the President is not the top authority in this country
He only pops in for a few years. The real powers that run the place, in my opinion, are exceptionally smart. If they weren't, we would have had chaos a long time ago.

I also feel that they do not have absolute power and that there are two factions.. one for absolute control, the other leaning towards our side... Neither side is strong enough to rule the roost, so neither side can afford to work openly, hence all the secrecy. If the 'bad guys' had full control, I am sure we wouldn't be here chatting about it

Lets hope that all this activity on the news is a push from the 'good guys' to take the lead

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Dr. Bhathal has ruled out known natural explanations for the laser-like pulse he found. Of course there may be an unknown natural phenomenon that caused it, but at this point intelligence is as good an explanation as nature. Unless the signal, if that's what is is, can be reacquired and studied, it remains a tantalizing possibility, quite like the OSU 'wow signal' in that respect. Ross

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

incidently, I do appreciate much of what you have contributed overall when you hit on threads, but it annoys me that you seem to slant the information.
in your quest to create believers, you seem often trying to create "believers" (not the quotes). I think often you do a disservice to the whole study when you try to mislead people...why do you feel you need to?

the evidence, in my opinion, will make believers (people open to the concept and intrigued enough to investigate). It stands up well enough.

When you try to slant things though, you create a sort of pseduo-religion and push it into the realm of silly superstitions and hoaxmeat.

Just saying, the best UFOlogist will be the ones that rabidly attack hoaxes and dismisses things that can be dismissed...they are the ones trying to cut past the junk to reveal the actual truth behind things...

I am not trying to tell you how to present information, I am just asking you to reflect on your goals overall and act that way...you seem like a smart chap, use the intellect verses the desire part when contributing..make your stand bulletproof verses relying heavily on people not doublechecking your contributions to establish a faith based understanding of the subject.

ok, rant over...again, I like your posts (many anyhow), but (people like) you tend to also frustrate me to no end when you go down the faith route.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

its not the federation of planets.

No it's not... but it is confirmation that the office does exist

As to the Federation of Planets, I for one don't think the UN would be the ideal choice to head up that...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Last weekend, with this story first broke, there were people on here saying it was all a hoax and that no such discussion was going to take place at all at the Royal Society. Once again, they have been proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
Dr. Bhathal has ruled out known natural explanations for the laser-like pulse he found. Of course there may be an unknown natural phenomenon that caused it, but at this point intelligence is as good an explanation as nature. Unless the signal, if that's what is is, can be reacquired and studied, it remains a tantalizing possibility, quite like the OSU 'wow signal' in that respect. Ross

Will be interesting to see where this goes. If it was not a natural phenomona, then what else could it be? problem is, it is not easy to do tests on something that happened once...repeatability would be great here...however thats like asking a ghost to show up to be measured...highly unlikely.

Still, will be interesting to listen to his final analysis once he either figures it out, or has the courage to say what he believes may be the case.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
Last weekend, with this story first broke, there were people on here saying it was all a hoax and that no such discussion was going to take place at all at the Royal Society. Once again, they have been proven wrong.

Actually, I remember specifically maybe...maybe not simply stating- so what, they talk about all kinds of stuff.

can you show me any posting of denial?

maybe...maybe not is one of the biggest santa killers on ats, and he didn't deny they probably were...just wondering what the big deal was.

we talk about aliens everyday on ats...does that make it profound? if you have a fancy (schmancy?) title, does it make your conversations somehow more worthy?

I wonder how often they talked about religion...does that mean religion therefore is real?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Quite missing the point aren't we. It is not about the validity of the various claims, but the constant trickle of stories in the MSM of a specific nature related to this topic. Although on a personal note I find your dismissal of the testimonies given by retired US air force personell cheap and unfounded.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Clavicula because: wrong choice of words

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I see disclosure coming about in several possible steps:.
1. Discovery of Extraterristial micro bilogical fossils on Mars or from meteorites.
2. Discovery of Micro-Biological life on or inside of Europa or Io.
3. Discovery of photo-synthetic reactions occuring on another planet detected by us.
4. Discovery of actual simple biological life on another planet.
5. Discovery of complex biological fossils on another planet.
6. Discovery of complex biological fauna and flora on another planet.
7. Discovery of fossilized remains of higher order animals on another planet.
8. Discovery of ancient primitive civilization on another planet.
73. Contact with equal or advanced life form capable of interstellar travel or communications.
You can see this is a very long slow process with each stage taking at least 5-10 years, maybe more.
Patience is what is going to be needed here. Lots of it.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Redhead6971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I believe all these discussions are the result of the kepler telescope findings more so then any real disclosure per see. Mankind is now faced with the certainty that there are millions upon millions of earth like planets out there with the right conditions for life to flourish. Now only a fool would deny the existance of alien life, whatever that may be.
It's a realization through science that we cannot be alone more so then any planned sequence of events leading to disclosure.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Just saying, the best UFOlogist will be the ones that rabidly attack hoaxes and dismisses things that can be dismissed...they are the ones trying to cut past the junk to reveal the actual truth behind things...

Please be so kind as to name me some of these UFOlogist's you speak of, because all I have seen on ATS is how just about anyone who claims that 'title' is either a hoaxer, a charlatan, or in it for the money... so name me some . It also irks me that debunkers like Phil Plat from Bad Astronomy and Jim Oberg make MONEY selling books and doing tours to debunk what the believers claim, yet no one takes them to task for 'profiteering' Care to explain that discrepancy?

I am not trying to tell you how to present information,

Well actually YOU ARE, but I still like ya

I am just asking you to reflect on your goals overall and act that way...you seem like a smart chap, use the intellect verses the desire part when contributing..make your stand bulletproof verses relying heavily on people not doublechecking your contributions to establish a faith based understanding of the subject.

I have made my 'goal' and reason for being here clear many times.
A) I am not a UFOLogist...
B) I am here to search out answers and topics that interest ME and help me on my PERSONAL quest for answers.
C) I share my opinions like anyone else here does.
D) My 'style' of posting seems to be doing well...

I could equally 'complain' about the debunkers broken record type posts in every thread no matter the topic... gets old seeing page after page in an interesting thread taken over by endless "It ain't so, your nuts" type posts

Since the whole of UFOlogy is still currently SPECULATIVE anyway, as there is no proof either way, does it really matter? Sure I specifically look for things that support my viewpoint, and go out of my way to document that viewpoint... Rarely do the non believers ever even take the time to look at the links, so sure are they that they are right.

In one thread that posted the CNN press release, Byrd, supermoderator at ATS, posted a comment

Originally posted by Byrd
I'd pay more attention if it was on CNN.com and a LOT more attention if it was on NPR.

This is what I mean about not even reading before stating opinion. How can you say "I'd pay more attention if it was on CNN.com" in a thread that has the CNN video posted?

Are all the skeptics here on such a mission to state their viewpoints that they don't even stop to think a little? Very discouraging, very disappointing

The thing that bothers ME the most is that the non believers never want to look at the whole picture on how things are inter related, they just have a narrow focus on only one piece of the puzzle.

I will say again... the current amount of news coming from min stream media finally taking the topic seriously, the reports coming from NASA and groupsd like the Royal Society all at the same time is in my opinion VERY SIGNIFICANT

You can say I slant it anyway you like... but at the end of the day, people are smart enough to see that something has changed, that something is afoot

ok, rant over...again, I like your posts (many anyhow), but (people like) you tend to also frustrate me to no end when you go down the faith route.

If you don't have faith in your own work, then what is the point

edit on 1-10-2010 by zorgon because: None of your concern

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boredsilly
I believe all these discussions are the result of the kepler telescope findings more so then any real disclosure per see. Mankind is now faced with the certainty that there are millions upon millions of earth like planets out there with the right conditions for life to flourish. Now only a fool would deny the existance of alien life, whatever that may be.
It's a realization through science that we cannot be alone more so then any planned sequence of events leading to disclosure.

A very good point! 490 exoplanets CONFIRMED, all in the space of a few years... when only a short time ago the skeptics and scientists were saying planets were likely a rare thing. Now suddenly do we find out that not only are planets common to stars relatively close to us, but that entire solar systems exist. Gliese 581 has 6 planets confirmed so far... and 55 Cancri has 5 planets confirmed...

Before we were spotting the large Jovian class planets, but now we are finding Earth size planets, and to top it off, some of those are in the habitable zone...

Exciting times... despite the fact that those boring skeptics say "No big deal"

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

She was appointed, the information was unintentionally released and now both the UN and ambassador are back-pedalling big time.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The video does NOT SHOW what Dr. Rosin say at the end 'AND ALL WILL BE BASED ON A LIE' in relation to the 'alien threat. It looks like you are a paid debunker who spread lies to unaware and gullible people. I have been visited by Star Beings many times but do not ask me to show you proof. Go within, to your heart center, to find the truth.

www.youtube.com...

Peace

Originally posted by rajaten
This is madness!! Do you see what is happening people? Do you see?!

The UN’s Mazlan Othman says she’ll be attending the conference at The Royal Society of London for the Improvement of Natural Knowledge (aka “The Royal Society“) next week. She has said that she’ll be talking about how the world deals with “near-Earth objects.”

But one look at The Royal Society’s website reveals that the topic of the conference isn’t “near-Earth objects.” Rather, the title of the conference is: “Towards a scientific and societal agenda on extra-terrestrial life.” !!!!!!
www.datelinezero.com...

What I see in the last two weeks alone is a great trend rising. This discovery comes tight on the heels of other stories of great magnitude being covered by the MSM:

1) The UN appoint an ambassador for first contact!........!

2) U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects leading to an event at the Press Club in DC that was covered by the MSM .......!

3) Vatican’s astronomer says he’d love to ‘baptise an alien’.......!

4) Discovery of the first earth like planet able to produce life........!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

5) Mars, Here We Come! Congress Approves $19 Billion NASA Budget.....!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

6) Stephen Hawking, one of the most respected and revered scientific minds comes out and states his position on the topic........!
www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.washingtonpost.com...

Now if we tie in this sudden dramatic change in the exposure level of the ET topic with the second article possibly targeted for release to induce fear surrounding nuclear vulnerabilities with the Iran Nuclear Facility Stuxnet threat.

I see a carefully designed string of events designed to lead us towards accepting certain actions by certain agendas for the future. Specifically I see this fuelling the empowerment of the US government to implement their 'Kill Switch' for the internet for control and tyranny purposes. And the fear that is being artificially built surrounding nuclear facilities will facilitate war with Iran.

Possible wild card: False flag event using an Alien invasion or attack on our nukes to justify large scale military deployment or the kill switch...

I see threads being tied together in blood and fear with the chess pieces being put in place for a carefully controlled agenda leading up to 2012. What do you guys think?

edit on 1-10-2010 by rajaten because: thoughts

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is cute and all, when humans develop new technologies that allow them to discover new "things" out in the universe. They see things that look familiar to them and automatically assume they see life or the possibility of life on these new celestial objects.

Ever since man first could see Mars, he thought he could see "canals" and "cities" and concluded there must be life there! But he was wrong.

Flash forward to today, man is discovering new planets in zones they feel should support life, so now he is concluding there must be life there!! But he is wrong.

Life in this universe is more rare than he can possibly imagine.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join