It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Australia -- 17-09-2010

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Originally posted by MisterBurns
I did some research on that date and the RAAF - gues what, then next day is the RAAF Williamstown Airshow where what will be flying, the F-18 and....F-111.

Yup, I just found that out too... It's all I really needed to know honestly.

The more videos I see of the F-111 afterburner, the more I see how it is completely identical to the OP's video.

As of now, I don't trust the video creator. I wouldn't even trust the time of day he claims it was filmed at. If it was a jet, he had to of heard the rumble, and that is why he decided to mute the sound. Seems more and more like a hoax to me.

How can this be a Jet when if you watch the video footage it moves to the Light on the street then goes back the other way and with the light seemingly shooting up to the clouds blinks out of sight and mind.

If that is a Jet .It must be very advanced technology.

Are there any Jets that you know of that can do this?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here are my feeling of this video .
Watching its movement .
It does not move like any conventional aircraft I've seen.
I wonder how big this UFO was and yes It is UFO .
No one seems to be able to without question debunk it outright.

If the person comes to YT that might be a mistake .

Cause no one here is a real ufo investigator .

Maybe Mufon or some UFO Investigative group in Australia should study this video .

Its would be hard for a person who does not have that backround to do this.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wesufmcosmic

Read this post and the post after it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The flight path was of a normal aircraft, however the perspective of the camera makes it look like it was making a crazy maneuver.

When an aircraft is moving towards or away from you, it appears to be in one spot. The object just made a U-turn, and when it was at the apex of the U, it appeared to the camera like it was not moving, but it was.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wesufmcosmic

What do you mean by "real ufo investigator"?

To me this means a person who is an expert on the subject of ufos, who is willing to do some field work and then report their findings in a concise and critical manner.

I reckon we got a few of them types around these parts ... why don't you read the thread

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

So you can tell the difference between a microphone being turned off, and an audio track being cut? No.. don't try to fool me, you don't know.

Actually yes i do and the wave form shows clearly the click was not the final noise so it has not been edited at that particular part. I make my living from sound, removing various clicks and pops is one of the laborious duties i have often had to do on files sent to me for mixing. That sounds like a mic power supply being shut off, not an edit. Edits cause clicks where the audio ends abruptly and are wholly commensurate in level with the end of the file that has been edited. They do not create a peak that is visible in the wave file. There is a quite clear fade after the click that is wholly in keeping with the power to a mic fading. Oh and don't misquote me i pointed out that phones use electret and mems mics.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
S&F

Wow! That camera is producing a lot of halation. Could be a chopper

from its not so sudden turn. Pure speculation on my part though!

edit on 30-9-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Looks like an RV Helicopter with a light shining up on a layer of Fog to me.

The lamp in the foreground "looks" like it is illuminating a bit of the fog -- so that's why I don't think this is a distant cloud.

The speed might be like 20 MPH to 30 I would guess.

But that thick, low, layer of mist does make it look like something more massive and distant -- but I've seen this kind of fog over rivers and swamps. Probably a chilly morning with warm, moist water nearby.

If it had sound, I'd expect it to have the whine of a tiny motor.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Yes, I absolutely agree with you.

Here is an example of Halation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fff2d03061ef.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am not sure if it has been mentioned but at the 42, 43 second mark i can notice a blinking light just on the right of the object. It maybe just be the quality of the video but it certainly looks like a flash on its right side at 43 seconds?

edit on 30-9-2010 by oddnutz because: hi mum

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Actually yes i do and the wave form shows clearly the click was not the final noise so it has not been edited at that particular part.

No you don't. I could make two videos right now, one will be muted, and the other will be a sound track being removed in the middle, and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I will even make another video that has the sound track volume instantly zeroed, and another video with the microphone's power being cut or input being cut. You wouldn't know the difference in any of them.

I am an electrical engineer, I have made microphone amplifiers and hearing aids before using an LM1036N integrated circuit for control.... And may other IC's... I know how it works.

When powering down a microphone with a micro-controller you use a transistor to switch off the microphones output before you power down the preamp in order to reduce unwanted noise during power down. Cell phones do the same.

Also.. I didn't need a wave form to tell me the click wasn't the final noise. I can hear it... the click is not what turned the sound off.

I make my living from sound, removing various clicks and pops is one of the laborious duties i have often had to do on files sent to me for mixing.

I make a living making the devices you use to make your living.

That sounds like a mic power supply being shut off, not an edit.

The sound just stops... there is nothing for you to identify. You don't know if the mic stopped, or the audio track was edited. You just don't know, and don't pretend you do.

Edits cause clicks where the audio ends abruptly and are wholly commensurate in level with the end of the file that has been edited.

No, digital soundtrack editing doesn't cause any clicks. Thanks for proving you don't know what you are talking about.

I have created software (I am a programmer too) that edits sound tracks. The wave forms are bytes of data. Cutting the end of bytes of data does not add any bytes of data that makes clicking sounds.

Nice try.. but you are talking to someone who knows better.

They do not create a peak that is visible in the wave file.

They don't create anything... Cutting bytes of data digitally doesn't add anything... it removes.

There is a quite clear fade after the click that is wholly in keeping with the power to a mic fading.

On sensitive devices like cell phones, they cut the output of the microphone then they cut the preamp power so you don't get those artifacts you are describing. So you are wrong.

Oh and don't misquote me i pointed out that phones use electret and mems mics.

I didn't misquote you.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Its not an Afterburner, its peacetime in the south/east of australia at an aerodrome which isnt on active standby. Helo maybe but why would it light upwards (and radio controlled helicopter shining a torch?? how much payload do you think they can carry, a floodlight??)

And I dont buy the trajectory, at 3 seconds there is a light at about 10oclock top left, a reflection from the farthest street light, stick a post it on the screen pointing to it. Now put another post it as a straight line under the two lamp posts mark them both.

Now at 39 seconds post it above the moving light lighting up the clouds and an arrow to it, now go back to 3 second.

At both 3 and 39 seconds the lamposts are pretty much in alignment, the little reflection at 10 oclock is fairly close saying to me at those two point he hasnt moved apart from panning left and right.

Now look at the light, at 3 seconds is is much lower in the sky than at 39 seconds where its back in the same line but higher and lighting the clouds, it raises its altitude right behind the second lampost.

So I would say the trajectory pictures earlier are wrong, from above it would just be a straight line, from the side it would be like a [ or a U led on its side.

Unlucky that it raises altitude right behind that light glow, or was that planned by the hoaxers...

Hmmm, i would have thought any activity in the street after dark involving illuminating clouds and stuff would draw attention from the police and concerned neighbours.

edit on 30-9-2010 by MisterBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Just re-iterating this in case you missed it...

Quote by Tayesin..

Agreed it may have been another type of Fighter Jet, but as mentioned by Mr Burns I to doubt it at that time of day and at that base/airport.

A dump and Burn carried out that low would be stupendously Loud. Many, many thousands of Aussie motor racing fans can attest to that as the dump and burn has been a staple pre-race entertainment for many years, as well as being used for about a decade in River Fire as mentioned above, plus at many Air Shows around our country.

Not saying this video is footage of an alien spacecraft.. although I would be happy if it were proven to be. Just saying that at the moment this remains an unidentified flying object, and some of the offered scenarios don't seem to fit. More information may change that as we go.

Off topic again.. being a newbie to ATS it may take a while to not be so agressive with some other members. But it is worth the self control we gain.

forgot to add Respect from members to that last bit.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

Hmmm, i would have thought any activity in the street after dark involving illuminating clouds and stuff would draw attention from the police and concerned neighbours.

Not necessarily Mr Burns like the guy who took the footage i am a tradesman, you ever get up at 5am in the morning, not much happening mate and i live Perth WA let alone Nowra, You can hear a magpie fart

Interesting footage, my first thoughts and still are is heli but why the glow in the clouds, I think we need Oz Weatherman on here for this one as well

Wal

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you Maybe Maybe Not.
I am (still!) most interested in the audio. If indeed this was (as I have come to believe) an aircraft, then the viewer must have heard sounds associated with an aircraft, especially given the time of day that this was recorded (ie... no other sounds!)

Whilst I know am now of the opinion supported by gift0fpr0phecy that this is indeed an aircraft and the perspective issues noted by him and his (quite brilliant!) diagrams... I am extremely interested in any feedback regarding the launch of any aircraft at this time of day (ie very early).

When I try to be completely objective, the imagery of the object illuminating the sky immediately above itself is still very compelling... and I would very much like to see associated video or (anyones) posted YouTube video showing a similar situation (and I mean illumination ABOVE the object, for we have now all seen the YouTube video showing the F-111 as posted previosuly in this thread).

Whilst I now believe this video to show purely terrestrial objects, I am still intrigued by what I see!

Others can argue and get emotional, but quite simply I am still intrigued by this video until I see other videos that show similar lighting effects...

Still watching, I'd LOVE to see feedback and comments from the original source, I'd most like to see other videos... but I remain convinced that this as as described by gift0fpr0phecy in his very clearly described (and diagramed!) posts...

askbaby OUT again...

edit on 30-9-2010 by askbaby because: edited for 3 spelling mistakes (!) I blame the late hour... or the wine...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

No you wont because you don;t have a clue what you are talking about...Now i'd suggest you do the sensible thing and just quit while you still have a faint shred of credibility. there again i suspect you're just the sort of person who tells Stephen Hawking where he is going wrong. I have 1000s of hours experience editing audio and you are who?

You don;t seem to be able to grasp the most basic of facts. When you edit an audio wave and delete, it is is gone there is nothing there at all. Therefore there can be no click or pop left by editing that shows up on the wav file after When you select a part of an audio file to edit there is a clean break. The editing can have no effect on any audio remaining and cannot add artifacts to it..

The clicks and pops you are prating endlessly on about are caused by the computer tripping itself up during the rendering process and went out with the P3 chip. What would happen was the computer, in the few seconds the edit was taking place would call on the processor to do something else and that, at times would leave an audible pop in a blank piece of wav. It DID not leave any mark that appeared in the display. Gawd knows I've spent hours going over batches of files trying to find the millisecond pop that was in one of the silences but didn't show up on the display. In this case had you actually done any real work you'd see plain as day a spike where something, probably the mic, is turned off.

As you are so hard of understanding about all this i have cobbled together a couple of wavs and a couple of screen shots of those wavs to, hopefully, finally put this one to bed as you are obviously having trouble understanding the very basics about audio editing.

First..

www.4shared.com... The original UFO audio track... clearly audible click.... then the file randomly edited and just cut with no fade d showing how it doesn't leave a click

Second

www.4shared.com... me background noise from mic thne me turning it off, hence the click... then same as before just ranomly edited the file before the click leaving no audible side effect

Third... how the UFO wav looks in editor..note the quite obvious peak where the click occurs and how the file has no such peak when randomly edited

Fourth... Sam pic of me turning mic off, note exactly the same short peak appearing when the power is turned off and the file having a short tail as the mic loses its charge exactly the same as the UFO wav file

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

Askbaby.....

Thank you Maybe Maybe Not.

You are most welcome. I am enjoying your contributions!

I am extremely interested in any feedback regarding the launch of any aircraft at this time of day (ie very early).

Yes.....that would appear to breach curfew times of 2300-0600 at Sydney Airport. I am looking to see if it applies at rural airports such as Nowra. From what I can see it does based on flight times & I will try to find definitive curfew times for Nowra.

When I try to be completely objective, the imagery of the object illuminating the sky immediately above itself is still very compelling... and I would very much like to see associated video or (anyones) posted YouTube video showing a similar situation

I agree.....that aspect is very interesting.

Whilst I now believe this video to show purely terrestrial objects, I am still intrigued by what I see! Others can argue and get emotional, but quite simply I am still intrigued by this video until I see other videos that show similar lighting effects...

I'm the eternal optimist that wants each one of these to be an alien spaceship!

But chances are.....

Still watching, I'd LOVE to see feedback and comments from the original source

Hopefully, he will engage with us & provide that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 30-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I still say we determine the luminosity of the light the object emits so we can determine if this is generated by an lightbulb or some other source !

AS i posted previously spinning magnets under electric current can produce light cant they not !

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No you wont because you don;t have a clue what you are talking about...Now i'd suggest you do the sensible thing and just quit while you still have a faint shred of credibility.

I have no credibility? Do you want me to go through all your posts and show everyone how many UFO videos that you fought tooth and nail to support, and they turn out to be proven hoaxes? Does the Spain UFO ring a bell? You brought out your stupid wannabe knowledge of sound just to find out later the sound was completely fake. Hahaha... I can go on too... I know who you are... Almost every UFO you fight for turns out to be a hoax, and you tell me my credibility is shot.

there again i suspect you're just the sort of person who tells Stephen Hawking where he is going wrong. I have 1000s of hours experience editing audio and you are who?

I have thousands of ours experience creating the software you use to edit audio. Who are you?

I am also a musician that edits audio as a hobby.

You don;t seem to be able to grasp the most basic of facts. When you edit an audio wave and delete, it is is gone there is nothing there at all. Therefore there can be no click or pop left by editing that shows up on the wav file after When you select a part of an audio file to edit there is a clean break. The editing can have no effect on any audio remaining and cannot add artifacts to it..

What the heck?! I just got done telling you that, and you tell me I don't know? I agree with you... Maybe you need to learn to read.

The clicks and pops you are prating endlessly on about are caused by the computer tripping itself up during the rendering process and went out with the P3 chip.

What clicks and pops am I prating about? What the posts are you reading? The OP's video has 1 second of environment sounds, then the sound completely stops... That is all I have ever said... what are you talking about??

What would happen was the computer, in the few seconds the edit was taking place would call on the processor to do something else and that, at times would leave an audible pop in a blank piece of wav. It DID not leave any mark that appeared in the display.

What I am about to say is off topic, but to show your lack of knowledge and lack of credibility I will say it anyway;

What you are failing to describe is caused by interrupt request timing issues. If you knew anything about computers you would know what interrupt latency is, and how it causes pops and clicks in audio because the audio capture device drivers are waiting for other devices to execute before it continues. It is a signal processing error which would not exist if you knew anything about configuring interrupt latencies between devices.

To claim these pops and clicks leave "no mark" on a wav file, yet still leave an audible pop, is a complete lie. If you knew anything about waveform files, you would know they consist of bytes of data, and the only way for there to exist a pop or click is for there to be a byte value greater than or less than zero (for 16-bit type wavs).

If, for example, you create a simple wave form viewing application using Windows GDI calls to draw lines using x and y coordinates, you would first read the value of each byte in the wav file samples. Any byte not equal to zero is going to make some type of "mark", depending on how you set the scale transform. So what you say is a complete lie too..

You just lost all credibility.

Gawd knows I've spent hours going over batches of files trying to find the millisecond pop that was in one of the silences but didn't show up on the display.

What takes you hours to do, I can create a program in 10 minutes with a function that that will automatically remove the pop's in less than a second. It will loop through the sample data byte by byte and use "If" statements to check if the byte data is greater than, or less than, or equal to, a certain value within the area that has the pop, and replace that byte value with a lessor or greater value depending on the original byte value and my settings, and what sounds good to completely remove the pop.

Since you don't know crap about programming and waveform byte data formats, you use software created by someone like myself to do tasks that could be done in seconds, yet you take hours. That is pathetic.... and you tell me I have no credibility, that is hilarious.

In this case had you actually done any real work you'd see plain as day a spike where something, probably the mic, is turned off.

Like I said, most good electrical engineers, like the ones that create cell phones, know several ways to disable a microphone without creating any pops. I even described a method in one of my last posts.

If you knew anything about electrical engineering and computer programming, you might understand this.

For you to claim that this so called spike is caused by the the microphone powering off is a stretch.. Especially after I already proved that you can not turn the microphone off while recording with that model phone. So your entire post is a waste of time.

As you are so hard of understanding about all this i have cobbled together a couple of wavs and a couple of screen shots of those wavs to, hopefully, finally put this one to bed as you are obviously having trouble understanding the very basics about audio editing.

Your entire post is a complete waste of time....

I already showed that the phone is not capable of turning the microphone off while it is recording.

So your entire post is irrelevant.

edit on 30-9-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astr0
RAAF F-111 doing a 'dump and burn'.

www.youtube.com...

Identical in all aspects - so it gets my vote as a logical possibility.

Good find, Astro!

I went looking for afterburn takeoffs on YouTube as soon as I saw the original but none quite matched. Wish I'd thought to use "dump and burn" as the search query.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim.....

I don't believe an F111 would have been in operation down there.

It would have broken curfews.

There was no reason to "fuel dump".

It would have made a massive amount of noise.

The F111's have been decommissioned.

They operated out of a different base (Amberly in Queensland) about 1,000 kilometers away.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join