It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Australia -- 17-09-2010

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

I've never heard of any helo with search lights above the actual craft , since normally we dont search for anything above us !

Im ruling out the helicopted searchlight theory on this one simply because a searchlight on the roof of any arial vehicle is about as much use as chocolate sunglasses

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

Askbaby.....

Thank you for your thoughtful, well expressed post.

It is always a pleasure to read such material on ATS.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Mr Skeptic (and Maybe Maybe Not).
Normally that would be the first port of call... reflected cellphone light.

For three reasons that should be obvious to anyone posting here, this is not the case:

1. THE PHONE:
The LG KP500 does not have a camera light or flash, (please refer to the specifications of the phone) therefore no light is emitted towards the image being captured during recording... in other words: the camera is on the back of the LG KP 500, and there is no flash or light...

2. MOVEMENT OF THE OBJECT NOT IN SYNC:
The object (and yes it is an object) doe snot move in sync with the movement of the camera, at times the object is ahead of the movement, at times it is in sync with the movement and at times the object 'trails' the movement of the camera.

3. CLOUDS: Finally - the lighting up of the clouds is very clear (as I discuss in my original post), singularly clear, reflected light would not possibly show something even remotely like clouds being lit up... I am a skeptic at heart, but nothing in this video indicates reflected light?

Sorry... I too am a skeptic, but I try to look at all videos objectively.

SUMMARY:
This is definitely not a reflected light that we are seeing, the lens flare (as I describe in my previous post on the previous page) is caused most likely by the transparent plastic shield covering the camera, the person seems to be standing in the middle of the road to capture the image and nothing blocks the view when he pans to follow the object.

askbaby OUT (Again).

edit on 29-9-2010 by askbaby because: edited to add a note about the clouds.... (point number 3. above)

edit on 29-9-2010 by askbaby because: oops... spelling... sorry...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

At the very least we would have to conclude this was a very bright light. We're talking half a million candle lights at the least.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

PS...so you can reproduce this? With your cell phone?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
As for the first few seconds of video having sound. It's less than a second, not the first few.

Actually, you are wrong, it is a little more than a second, and you can hear the car. This means the sound was on at first.

Originally posted by FireMoon
From the KP-500 manual.. Voice - Choose Mute to record a
video without sound.

Yes, I already mentioned that the phone has the ability to mute the sound, but what you failed to understand is what I capitalized... YOU CAN NOT MUTE THE SOUND WHILE YOU ARE ALREADY RECORDING. In fact, you can't change any settings while you are already recording. You have to set the settings first, then record. If you need to change settings you have to stop recording to access the control menu. On the video, clearly the mute was turned on after it was already recording, this is impossible on that model phone. So it may be possible that the video owner muted the sound after uploading the video to their computer with a 3rd party application, which could mean they purposely hid the sound which would help us identify the object.

Ive seen it before... people muted the sound of their "ufo" video so people wouldn't figure out what it was.

Something isn't right with the sound.

edit on 29-9-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

1. If you mean can you (easily) reproduce the effects of a reflected light on a Smartphone camera:
Yes - of course you can. For example if you are in a dark room in front of a window looking out to the night sky, you can hold a flashlight towards a window and capture a video of the night sky through the window with an "unusual light" seemingly in the night sky... the light being the reflected image of the flashlight.
SUMMARY: The effect is cheap, the light just looks like a light, you can see such examples (very quickly debunked) on ATS etc.

2. If you mean can you (easily) reproduce what we are seeing in THIS video using a camera on a Smartphone:
No - not easily at all. This video looks like someone standing in the road (the middle of the road!) on foot, capturing an object in the night sky that illuminates the clouds, not just a simple 'light'. This would be impossible with a simple reflected cellphone light or reflected flashlight...
For example: To capture what we see here in this specific video: you would be behind a window (let's say you are sitting in a big truck or big car). You have a flashlight and you shine it out of the window and move the flashlight and follow it with the Smartphone camera... this 'could' all work until the effect of the object lighting up the clouds... I do not see any way to (easily) reproduce the effect of lighting up the clouds...
SUMMARY: The effect we see in this video is definitely not reflected light.

PLEASE NOTE:
'easily' - I use the word 'easily' because of course a professional could reproduce the effect that we see, most likely with CGI, but I don't see a way of easily reproducing the effect that we see in this video with any kind of reflected light...

FURTHER NOTE:
I am not saying anything other than the video we are seeing here is not a simple case of accidental or purposeful reflected light... for several reasons: the camera doesn't have a light on the back, the object does not move in sync with the movement of the Smartphone and MOST IMPORTANTLY: the object lights up the clouds above itself.

askbaby OUT (yet again).

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Where are the youtube UFO of the year awards?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I watched the video and the development of the thread. I wonder if it is an spacecraft, what was it observing on that militar area?

edit on 29-9-2010 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Thank you for your post gift0fpr0phecy...
This is indeed intriguing, there is sound on the captured video for maybe two seconds, and it is exterior sound.
(I just listened carefully using headphones! to the YouTube video).

I have two questions for someone with this Smartphone (specifically):

1. Whilst you cannot adjust the volume on screen during recording, do the rocker switches for audio on the side of this model effect the recording level for audio during recording?

2. Where is the microphone positioned on this model?

Either:
1. The audio has been (badly) muted after recording... which makes this suspect.
or
2. The audio level reduced to 0 through the rocker switches (if that is possible) after two seconds?
or
3. The microphone has been covered after two seconds?

I would also like someone (Maybe Maybe Not?) to ask the original person who created this video and see their reaction...

There is a possible fourth option, not indicated by the originator of the video:
4. That they removed the audio intentionally - for other (personal) reasons... ie they wanted to remain anonymous or exclaimed profanities etc... in which case the original poster could be persuaded to post the full version with audio. I have seen this before...

Thank you again

askbaby (OUT and... now becoming his usual skeptical self ....)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby

Thank you for your post gift0fpr0phecy...
This is indeed intriguing, there is sound on the captured video for maybe two seconds, and it is exterior sound.
(I just listened carefully using headphones! to the YouTube video).

No problem.

I agree with you that it is sound coming from the environment.

1. Whilst you cannot adjust the volume on screen during recording, do the rocker switches for audio on the side of this model effect the recording level for audio during recording?

No, the physical volume buttons control the digital zoom when recording, not the sound.

2. Where is the microphone positioned on this model?

I believe it takes advantage of the microphone that you normally speak into when making a phone call. So it would be facing the camera operator.

Either:
1. The audio has been (badly) muted after recording... which makes this suspect.
or
2. The audio level reduced to 0 through the rocker switches (if that is possible) after two seconds?
or
3. The microphone has been covered after two seconds?

There is a possible fourth option, not indicated by the originator of the video:
4. That they removed the audio intentionally - for other (personal) reasons... ie they wanted to remain anonymous or exclaimed profanities etc... in which case the original poster could be persuaded to post the full version with audio. I have seen this before...

I agree with option 1.

Option 2 is impossible.

Option 3 is not likely as you would hear the object covering the microphone, it wouldn't be instant off, and you would still hear sounds. Also, it would mean the camera operator is not telling the truth about the events.

Option 4 would mean the camera operator isn't telling the truth when claiming the sound was muted while "fidgeting" around.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

EDIT: Never mind. It appears we are on the same page.

edit on 29-9-2010 by Come Clean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Okay,

It appears we are all in agreement. This is something worth exploring.

So the next step is for someone else to produce a video of this event. It would be ashame for ONE person to film this at 5am. I know for a fact there are more people up at that hour.

edit on 29-9-2010 by Come Clean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Looks like a helicopter in cloud cover to me

Second line

Wee Mad

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
RAAF F-111 doing a 'dump and burn'.

www.youtube.com...

Identical in all aspects - so it gets my vote as a logical possibility.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply.

The microphone is located on the bottom of this Smartphone as you can clearly see on this site review:
www.tracyandmatt.co.uk...
Specifically this image:
www.tracyandmatt.co.uk...

There are no other microphones listed for this device, so it is this microphone that is used for all audio capture... for the 'real geeks' here is the actual microphone:
www.ipmart.com...

Anyway.
We now know that the rocker switches adjust zoom, that the onscreen capabilities are stopped during recording.
Hmmm...

I am watching the video very carefully again, with the sound full on...
There is definitely external sound on, it is like an atmospheric sound that one normally does not even register until it's no longer there!
It doesn't sound like the car traveling towards the person, it just sounds like an atmospheric sound.
It now bothers me a lot.
Then before the 2 second mark, there is a 'pop' sound and then no other sounds at all during the rest of the video.

If a person were recording this with sound on, and then covered the microphone which is at the 'bottom' of the Smartphone... one would expect that sometime during the rest of the recording one would hear some other sounds... a muffled sound or the person moving the phone.

We hear nothing after 2 seconds. All of this is negative.

However what is interesting is that during those brief 2 seconds, there is hardly any sound at all, the car either does not register or is barely there... so let's assume for a minute that this was a helicopter or other object that made a discernible sound... how loud would that sound actually be on the video, given that the car approaching during the first 2 seconds hardly registers?

We can do no more with this video until or unless a version is posted with sound throughout.
OR until the person who captured this video explains the initial sound and then lack of further sound...

I assume from your responses gift0fpr0phecy that you do not personally own the LG KP500 Smartphone... I am very interested in someone who has this device making an attempt at recording with audio switched on and then covering the microphone - so that we can see (well... 'hear') if covering the microphone can completely mute the sound...

Unfortunately - as with all videos, if one piece fails then the whole thing has to be called into question.

Thank you
askbaby

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wow, really incredible video! Not sure if it has been previously discussed - Ball Lightning?

Though I'm pretty sure that phenomenon would never last the duration of the object in the video, or take such a steady & precise path

edit on 29/9/2010 by Fazza! because: made a little shorter

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

I think you are right. That was my second guess. This could be a jet's afterburner.

It would light up the clouds exactly like the video. Also, the inconsistent flickering is completely identical. I bet the camera operator just witnessed the takeoff of a military jet using afterburners.

I think that answers all the questions about the object in the video perfectly.

Also, if it was a jet using afterburn the guy holding the camera had to have heard a sound. I think they intentionally hid the sound to make the video more interesting.

edit on 29-9-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, I watched the video a couple of times now. I think I am going to back track. All the lighting seems to be over amplified. If you look at the street lights they are very very BRIGHT.

Is it possible to adjust the video image so that lighting is very bright? What would happen if you turned the auto brightness OFF on your phone then took this picture? Especially when you have a street light just above your head?

I too would be interested if someone could try to reproduce this with their phone.

If you noticed when the object moves to the right you can see the light bouncing off the clouds. Once it starts to move left it becomes more amplified.

I don't know guys. This seems like a hoax to me now.

I keep saying, as soon as they land on the white house steps (in broad daylight) then that's all the proof we would need.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
After viewing this video something's should be mentioned:

The object is bigger to begin when coming toward the camera man, then as it gets very close to the lamp post light, it must travel upward and away perfectly from the camera man because its not only smaller but lights up the cloud as it travels to the left and finally disappears in a moviesque way. Which is not impossible but unlikely.

So I say fake. But then I want ET knocking on my door before I believe.....

It could be a UFO, even a ET UFO or nothing. Nice video, thanks OP.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join