It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Australia -- 17-09-2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
..wow...that was actually a very solid video of a true UFO (flying saucer? Maybe...but too hard to tell)

you consider sub par, lens flared, incomprehensible, audio less, low resolution video "a very solid video of a ufo"?

*eye twitch* no wonder people avoid this topic like the plague.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Reflection of some sort of light in the window!..And this got flags and how many pages of threads?..see how it moves with the camera..so its a "drums rolling" cell phone light!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Reflection of some sort of light in the window!.

It sure lights up the clouds well for a cell phone light

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Reflection of some sort of light in the window!..And this got flags and how many pages of threads?..see how it moves with the camera..so its a "drums rolling" cell phone light!

That's what passes for skepticism these days? What window are you referring to? Also, the object being tracked does not move in concert with the movement of the camera. You can very plainly see this by comparing the movement of the actual reflections to the movement of the object. The reflections do indeed track with the camera movement.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Triangulum
What window are you referring to?

well;

The reflections do indeed track with the camera movement.

that window.

Admittedly its a very interesting video, but a few youtube searches of "helicopter at night" (i gave a couple of examples in my previous posts) should give you enough reason to doubt if not disregard it.

Its exiting that alot of reports are coming out of Australia, and I for one will be keeping my eyes peeled upwards.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Looks like an intentional UFO discredit video - you don't film or record a sighting next to street light glaring into the camera lens - everything is coming off those lights. The movement is the unsteady hand and whoever filmed this knew a slight hand manipulation would send the lens reflective lighting going at light speed in maneuvering. To me, this is nothing more than an (additional) black mark on the honest stuff out there.

Why do they do it - well by now that is obvious, throw as much debunk - fake crap out there as you can. Paint the bright white glossy truth with the flat black of lies and manipulation!

What a joke!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
reply to post by Beamish

Looks like an intentional UFO discredit video - you don't film or record a sighting next to street light glaring into the camera lens - everything is coming off those lights.
What a joke!

Care to enlighten me as to what page of the UFO-handbook you read that on?

If I see an object that baffles me and....... I have a cell-phone camera handy, I don't give a flying fig if I capture it in the middle of a Monday night football game with thousands of glaring lights!

You are applying your own restrictions and you ought not do that!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Care to actually explain that clearly? if we accept the guy was driving to work when it happened. he stops, full marks there, many would simply carry on and ignore it. He takes out his phone and thinks, damn i might manage to capture some footage, full marks there. He turns camera on, possibly in the excitement hitting the mute button on audio in the menu, sad but not beyond belief, he points camera at object and continues to take footage till it vanishes, despite probably having his heart going like the clappers and his hands sweating, mind on over drive... so full marks there.

On the other hand, he should have known this was going to happen and hired a film crew with HD cameras to stake out the area and sit with him in the car... a tad unbelievable i'd say.

For the moment I'm happy the footage itself is authentic. What the footage is of is the moot point. Typical rain clouds are about 5000 feet upwards and the object seems to, not i say seems to disappear into them. That would put the object at somewhere around a mile distant from the camera if the object was actually almost overhead and it quite clearly isn't. That's one heck of a light and one pretty big area of cloud it is lighting up if that is the case.

OK so let's say it's CGI ...... If it is, it is one of the cleverest pieces of CGI so far. Not because it is *good* rather that, it fits so perfectly into the scene quality wise and the reflection off the clouds is one very very neat trick as the perspective looks perfectly right and the clouds are lit inconsistently, rather than just a simple masking effect.

Misidentified mundane object... Well this has to be the favourite as the final explanation. However, choppers rarely fly into cloud cover and actually rarely fly much more than 1000 ft above the landscape. they are travelling over. The vast majority of helicopter missions are involved with looking down, not up, ergo they tend to be as close to the ground as is safely possible.

Rocket launch...Missile launch... It's not that sort of base is it? There seems to be no history of rocket/missile tests from the base and what would be the purpose. Secondly i do not believe the trajectory of the object is commensurate with a Rocket or Missile. It, stops and it not just a line of sight thing, in my opinion, but a genuine stop, left turn, from our perspective, and then up into the cloud base, or it simply shuts off the lights and goes dark. If it is the latter, then you can discount Rockets or Missiles.

It might well turn out to have perfectly mundane explanation. As yet, personally, i haven't seen one that passes muster, if the footage is genuine. If it's a hoax i have to say, i take my hat off to the perpetrators, it's damnably clever one.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KoraX

Originally posted by Snarf
..wow...that was actually a very solid video of a true UFO (flying saucer? Maybe...but too hard to tell)

you consider sub par, lens flared, incomprehensible, audio less, low resolution video "a very solid video of a ufo"?

*eye twitch* no wonder people avoid this topic like the plague.

Try to remain humble. There are 6 billion people residing on this planet with 6 billion different opinions, ideas and beliefs. You're not the leader who holds the gavel!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
ATS Team:

Here is a reply from the witness:

TheCdw89
Re: Your UFO Video TheMaybemaybenot.

I'm happy to answer all your questions on here.

A few more details of which I did not add that may be of use:

1. The time was around 0500

2. I noticed a glow on the distance

3. Within about 15 seconds I had my phone camera out recording....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I think some clarification and expansion is needed here. The initial trajectory of the object would put it below the tree-line 1-2 let alone 15 seconds before the video begins. This leads me to ask why the videographer felt the need to record in the first place. So, before recording started was the object stationary above the tree-line? Did the object move into position above the tree-line then take off? If so was the movement visible and what was its nature?

edit on 29-9-2010 by Triangulum because: PUNCTUATION EDIT

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What window are you referring to?

well;

The reflections do indeed track with the camera movement.

that window.

Admittedly its a very interesting video, but a few youtube searches of "helicopter at night" (i gave a couple of examples in my previous posts) should give you enough reason to doubt if not disregard it.

Its exiting that alot of reports are coming out of Australia, and I for one will be keeping my eyes peeled upwards.

If I take the video at face value, I think the reflections are from the cheap camera lens assembly rather than from a window as it appears to me that the videographer is on foot. I do not discount CGI though, so they could have been added in post.

Your helicopter post is a well reasoned response to the video. "ZOMG!! reflections. u are teh stupidz" is not.

T.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Try to remain humble. There are 6 billion people residing on this planet with 6 billion different opinions, ideas and beliefs. You're not the leader who holds the gavel!!!!

The gavel is not my concern. Quality is quality, and this isn't quality. The camera is grainy, The helicopter (and it is a helicopter) is incredibly out of focus. The audio cuts out after a second (ahh yep i fumble for mute buttons when filming incredible sights too).

Its a hoax. Nothing more, nothing less.

*bangs the gavel*
^_~

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Your helicopter post is a well reasoned response to the video. "ZOMG!! reflections. u are teh stupidz" is not.

T.

I honestly didn't mean it like that, upon reflection (horrible pun) I do apologize. I mistook him stepping a few steps in the video as him filming from a vehicle.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The cloud seems to be (although is too uncertain to asure) a STRATUS. Stratus cloud typically form below 6.000 ft / 2 km. Maybe tha halo is not as a reslt of the source of light we see..., it might come from something behind.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Woah! That footage is really nice!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KoraX

Your stuff is fine KoraX. My ire is directed at the comment from Mr_skepticc and those like it. Short on substance and long on venom and ridicule.

T.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The gavel is not my concern. Quality is quality, and this isn't quality. The camera is grainy, The helicopter (and it is a helicopter) is incredibly out of focus. The audio cuts out after a second (ahh yep i fumble for mute buttons when filming incredible sights too).

Its a hoax. Nothing more, nothing less.

*bangs the gavel*
^_~

Who cares about quality? The quantity (substance) is what makes this intriguing. C'mon now. Who the hell has a film production crew in their trunk?
Just take it for what it's worth and the impromptu conditions this came about under. Good gawd man.....I think you watch too many movies!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

C'mon now. Who the hell has a film production crew in their trunk?

When Dr Steel becomes world emperor, Blue ray phone cameras will be standard issue.

I understand what you are saying, and im not trying to be a douche, even though after re-reading it appears I could have worded.... everything... alot better.

It is an exiting video, and ill admit, the cloud even has my helicopter theory looking a bit shaky. If it wern't for the light that it gives off above it, i would be certain its a chopper. But due to the horrific quality I can't tell if that light is emanating from the front of the *sigh* Object. or above it.

Keep the discussion going!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Now that was a bizarre video. At first I was watching the tiny dot on the left moving with the camera shake and then all of a sudden this light is just silently moving closer. And then when it started headeing away from the road, it looked quite different. Almost like two objects, some sort of disc shape with an orb suspended beneath it. They both looked like they were made of light, like plasma but formed and controlled. thank you for posting this, very interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
At first I was watching those two lens glares too, but then I saw the object moving and the clouds light up.

Very cool.

Originally posted by KaliPrime
Now that was a bizarre video. At first I was watching the tiny dot on the left moving with the camera shake and then all of a sudden this light is just silently moving closer. And then when it started headeing away from the road, it looked quite different. Almost like two objects, some sort of disc shape with an orb suspended beneath it. They both looked like they were made of light, like plasma but formed and controlled. thank you for posting this, very interesting indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join