It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Australia -- 17-09-2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hi all. I haven't done a thread in a while, thought this video may have been worth the break in silence.

This really isn't the best quality, but it still makes for an interesting video regardless of it's flaws.

Thoughts?

Info from video OP:

This was captured on my phone over Nowra (Australia) on the 17th of September 2010. This is unedited, has has no sound and is slightly blurry. I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I apologize. I didn't hear any sound from the object (probably too far away). In by saying that it's a UFO I'm not claiming it's an alien, just trying to get opinions. It creates a cool halo on the clouds. I uploaded this directly to youtube in 3pg format, enjoy!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
One word: Wow.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Ok.

That is seriously compelling.

It's unusual enough to separate it from the normal UFO video, whatever it may be.

Can anyone calculate the speed it was travelling at?

edit on 28-9-2010 by Beamish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
At first I thought you were implying the reflections, but after i saw what you were actually talking about. I really don't know maybe a cloud cover and a helicopter.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I can't think of anything that would illuminate the clouds as much as that.
Either the clouds were extremely low or the object was much bigger and further away than it appears to be in the vid.
Very interesting indeed!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They fly at night so photos say nothing.
But ships are in the sky 24/7 so something in the sky can wind up
in a daytime photo one in a while.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I had a quick scan to see if I could find out the weather in the area on Sept 17th - but couldn't find anything.

If the altitude of the cloud layer could be determined then that would give a better idea of the speed and size of the object.

It's amazing how the light just winks out at the end.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
At first I thought you were just talking about the lens flare in the video but then when it comes in it definitely doesn't move with the camera's movement. That lit up the clouds above it. It's very interesting. I wonder what he filmed it on and what mode it was set to. It's really hard to gauge distance especially when it goes behind the street light then comes back it looks like it moves a distance of several miles away from the camera but it's so hard to tell with such a low light perspective...

He has no history on Youtube to either challenge or embolden its authenticity.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

WishForWings.....

Thank you for posting this very interesting video.

It will be very interesting to watch the development of this discussion.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

WishForWings.....

I just sent this to the witness:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b398b4db83b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Interesting video. Could be an aircraft flying towards the camera (remember, we are talking about a really low quality camera here, so it tends to exaggerate things especially lights at night). Are there any airports in the vicinity?

I have seen several helicopters look like this at night, however it mentions there was no noticeable sound, which is almost obligatory for people to say when they are posting UFO videos.

Anyway, a break from the normal at least, too bad there isn't enough information, reports, details to go any further other than internet speculation.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Interesting video. Could be an aircraft flying towards the camera (remember, we are talking about a really low quality camera here, so it tends to exaggerate things especially lights at night). Are there any airports in the vicinity?
I have seen several helicopters look like this at night, however it mentions there was no noticeable sound, which is almost obligatory for people to say when they are posting UFO videos.

IgnoreTheFacts.....

HMAS Albatross is in Nowra.

Welcome to HMAS Albatross, home of the Royal Australian Navy's fleet air arm.

HMAS Alabtross is Australia's largest largest operational naval establishment and the navy's only air station.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bef9abc09c2e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28ab8e815165.jpg[/atsimg]

www.navy.gov.au...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 28-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Here is a reply from the witness:

TheCdw89
Re: Your UFO Video TheMaybemaybenot.

I'm happy to answer all your questions on here.

A few more details of which I did not add that may be of use:

1. The time was around 0500

2. I noticed a glow on the distance

3. Within about 15 seconds I had my phone camera out recording.

4. My phone video camera was unfortunately set to mute audio at the time, due to the mad rush I was fiddling around too much. I just wanted to get the video before I lost it.

Note: I know this may all seem coincidental and very typical. I'm a painter and was preparing to go to work when I sighted this.

I was using a 2.0 mega-pixel phone camera.
The phone was a LG KP500
Video quality set to highest (lol)
As I explained above there was no sound, I'm apologize!

I'll probably be uploading this info to the video description soon. Feel free to use this information in your discussion. I'd prefer not to identify myself, I'm a humble person and prefer to remain anonymous in case this gets a little out of hand with public attention.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I expected to be disappointed but; wow that is an interesting video. A few things jumped out at me about it. The apparent brightness of the object was very high. It was as bright as the nearby streetlights at a much greater distance. The rapid directional change. It wasn't gravity defying but for a conventional fixed-win or rotary craft it was rather abrupt. ...especially in a population center. Thirdly the fade out at the end. Again not anything extraordinary by itself but; near a population center and airport? Cool, cool video.

T.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Only thing that bothers me is the fact there is no sound. The video quality also makes lights look much, much brighter than what it really is. The way the lights look in the video could easily obscure whatever the object really is. The movement of the object eliminates a plane, and if it didnt make any sound it eliminates a helicopter. The way the light just shuts off at the end is very odd as well. Cant wait to see how this turns out!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Great bit of footage you have there, ive never seen anything light up the clouds like that before, i guess you've come to the right place with it. Im betting before page 5 someones debunked it though, and get ready for the accrimonious comments.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I am impressed. Just by the way it traveled (in a semi-circle) we can automatically rule out plane. Now, whether it was a helicopter is another story.

Wasn't there an Australian UFO thread on here (with Fiona....?.... I think) last year that depicted almost the same sort of background location (with the two street lights)? Probably just a coincidence

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I think we should elect you the official 'ATS ambassador' (just don't get all politician-like on us though)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Interesting video, but why is the light from the UFO not reflecting on the lens like the other lights?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I think we should elect you the official 'ATS ambassador' (just don't get all politician-like on us though)

You got to be kidding the guy is a pain in the butt LOL only joking MMN

This is a interesting video found by the OP and the reflection of light of the object on the cloud does give video a focal point for discussion.

As MMN has stated it was near a aerial naval base. a lot of sightings take place not far from these type of installations.

Interesting to hear if there was any interesting notes by YSNW air traffic control on the night.

Cheers

Ocker

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join