It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang of Lithuanian squatters 'snatch ANOTHER home while owner is out

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I assure you, I wouldn't dream of entering anyone's home uninvited.

I was merely attempting to show that killing someone who had invited your home uninvited, clearly unarmed and not acting violently or threateningly would be considered murder, even in Texas.

However, if anyone did it in my home I suspect I would react in a similar fashion to what you described and I assure you I am big enough and more than experienced enough to do considerable damage myself, and bugger the consequences!

edit on 23/9/10 by Freeborn because: too many 'n's

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

In several US jurisdictions finding someone illegally in your home is grounds for shooting them on the spot

Too bad UK has sunk si far down that this remedy is not longer available.........

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As someone who works for a living (50 hours in a warehouse, the rest doing a mental health nursing degree) and being a landlord myself of a few properties, i have to say, if this happened to ANY of my tenants or anyone i knew then they would have their home back in minuets..

One of my tenants is like the old guy in my OP, who is an amazing guy who served this country and deserves more respect than i can give.. I view my tenants as family.. If they cant pay then thats ok as long as they tell the truth.. I trust them and they have not let me down.. Ever!.. Which is why I would personally do prison time if this happened to them!

I trully believe that those Lithuanians were in on it.. My dad was an engineer during the cold war who got burnt by the lithuanians because of an oil pipeline and its welding...

I have to say that eastern europeans are a proven criminal element that we dont want here... Just a few weeks ago a group of romanians turned up at a site my cousin was working on in Sedgley and threatened the builders, then stole all the copper including the boilers for the heating systems.. They we're
e too afraid to fight because the PC laws from labour made them into cowards.

As a soldier myself... I would have had a good day ....

edit on 23-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is NWO and the UK government policies. IT doesnt take a court order, just your home owndership and john henry, bank account the whole nine yards. People need to grab pitchforks and bullhorns, meet in the town square and then surround all politicians offices until they leave.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Gang of Lithuanian squatters 'snatch ANOTHER home while owner is out

www.dailymail.co.uk

A gang of Lithuanian squatters are moving into people's homes and changing the locks while they are out George Pope, 72, took his dogs for a walk and returned to find a family had moved in and changed the locks And now it has emerged Angie Belalij 37, also lost control of her home when illegal tenants allegedly moved in after she left to allow renovation work to go ahead Police and the council say they are powerless to act unless they have a court order requiring the squatters to be evicted The e
(visit the link for the full news article)

Nice thing about living in the US, and especially in the state of Florida or Virginia: I could retake my home by deadly force, and most likely with all my neighbors helping.

We have something called the "Castle Doctrine" which means we do NOT have to retreat, and we have the right to defend our homes, our cars, our persons and other innocents with any force necessary, within the Law.

Then there's that Second Amendment in our Constitution, which tells our government we have the right as human beings to protect ourselves and others, and defend our property, by bearing arms.

If I needed, I could have thirty or more men and women here in an hour, all armed, and half of them local police even if the local authority was sitting with it's thumb up it's A$$.

I do not blame you for being disgusted - that is unreal to me, here.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Dude, this country once beheaded its king.. These politictions better keep that in mind..

Enough said

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This story doesn't even make sense ...

No one ever heard of a lease agreement? Signed checks proving who pays the rent? This is breaking & entering ... just for starters.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

The cops could do nothing while the squatters were in possession of the house. and there was no law stopping the owner from boarding up the place.
But when the last one left the owner had control again and could make a citizen's arrest for theft.

This is Texas mind you. Are you telling me there is no laws on the books to protect private homes, owned or rented, and no law enforcement willing to deal with it in any state?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by DaMod

I'm fairly confident the only states you can kill an intruder, are redneck states which disagree with human rights and Natural/Common Law.

Trespassing is trespassing, it's not directly a motive to MURDER someone. And a jury can still find you guilty despite the law.

edit on 23-9-2010 by mryanbrown because: (no reason given)

It is nice you stand up for minorities. Yet i find it reprehensible you would label an entire "state" as a "redneck state" because they don't follow what you call "natural/common law".

Did you know that natural/common law allows for killing someone who is in your home threatening you? There is no human rights violation for shooting a home invader.

I live in a state well known for shooting home invaders. Come in my house unauthorized, you MIGHT get warned to leave before i end your life. Too many people get their doors kicked in because the residents of that house do not defend themselves appropriately.

Call me a redneck all you want. My reputation on this site is solid, and I am as far from redneck as you will find. The next time you take comfort in saying that you stand up for minorities, remind yourself that labeling an entire, multimillion person segment of humanity as a redneck is no less bigoted. It might even be viewed as hypocritical.

Apparently BFFT, that person has no idea that state laws vary - I remember the old guy who shot the punks breaking in to his neighbor's house in Texas; a jury judged him within his rights under Texas law.

I'm reminded of George Bernard Shaw:

"Caesar: Forgive him Theodotus, for he is a barbarian, and thinks the ways and customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature"

Keep your powder dry my friend and hail Texas!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

This is a nation that has been sired by every warrior nation on earth.. This island took the world.. TPTB have tried to destroy us since... lol... At Ajincourt 3000 half starved and diseased Englishmen took on 60000 of what the world s best had to offer and won.. Just like Trafalger, Spain, Africa, Asia, Normandy, Germany, Basra, Helmand... The Falklands...

We will destroy the NWO...

Because we are waking up!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Leftwing/Liberal Governments dont really believe in private property so they wont protect people who rent or own Houses.

There is always someone just dying to bring politics into anything and everything...

The government had nothing to do with these squatters entering that house and changing the locks... So... WHY are you blaming them???

What we have here is a crappy scam going on in which people are renting houses that they do not own to begin with. If they go to court, I promise you this "leftwing/Liberal government" which you hate so much, will uphold the law and kick out the people who broke into these houses.

Look, EVERY society has laws. It is NOT okay to just bust in there with guns and take it back. There are laws to go by. Right wing or left wing, you HAVE to follow the law.... Sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I hope this happens to you.. Your self righteous bubble would burst in an instant. But because it has not happened to you you will defend to the metaphorical death some foriegners ability to take our homes.. The daily mail be damned! I have seen this crap with my own eyes!

The people will tollerate this scum no more..

Bosnia become an uncivilised place very quickly.. Do guardian readers think we are above that?

They would like to think sooo... pfffttt

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I didn't know that you need a court order to have your utilities cut off in the UK. I know that I wouldn't be letting this happen to my place. Like that one man, I would have went down to the gas station and got a gallon of gas and bought a book of matches. Then pour gasoline around the place and knock on the door telling them that I'm about to burn my house down and if you want to be in it thats okay. Eventually you'll get your day in court, albeight over other felonies. But the squatters would have to consider is this man or woman crazy enough and if so and I knew that this is his property do I want a situation to happen where all of us get arrested and me the squatter is free and do go to prison after everything is said and done.

A word to the home owners and renters in britain, when this is done to you act crazy and do get gasoline and a flaming paper. Yelling at them that you will burn your house down

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have not read through all the comments posted, but I want to point something out.

As a person that has quite a bit of experience squatting, I want to make it very clear that what this story is highlighting is NOT SQUATTING.

Squatting is reclaiming an abandoned building and putting it to the use of providing shelter. The most important part of this is the term ABANDONED. Squatters around the world ONLY target abandoned buildings. Vacant buildings are usually scouted weeks in advance.

What this story highlights is not squatting, this is a story about thievery.

Please do not degrade the name of squatters by equating them with this.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
OK, I did not read all the post but just answer me one question. Is it legal in the UK just to walk into someone's house and take it from them? This is the craziest thing I have ever heard and I have heard a lot of thing over the years.

So in the UK if you see a house you like you can just wait until the owner or should I say current occupant leaves the house and you just go in and take it for your self? Is it legal in the UK to steal someone house? So when you leave the house you had better leave someone there to stop it from being stolen?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
this wouldnt happen in Texas USA
if it did.. u wouldnt need the cops to evict them
!!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by Yissachar1

The article doesn't specify whether Angie is a council tenant, as in the pensioner case.
It seems plausible that a gang would find council properties more vulnerable, because taking action to get the house back would be delayed by regulations and bureaucratic processes.

My friends wouldn't go to the police or the courts, they would kick their @$$es...... what frigging LOOSERS think this is in any way ok????

WOW.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Excellent! This the the only way to flush them out. Or get a bunch of your friends together, get some armament and then break down the door. Just do it...but make sure you have the deed to your place first.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I don't know much about British politics or bureaucracy, but wouldn't it be interesting if, say, a gang of irate people broke into the offices of whatever government organ is in charge of housing in the middle of the night, occupied it as "squatters," and refused to let the authorities in without going to court? Not that I would ever advocate an illegal act on the Internet of course, but...well, it's an interesting mental picture.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I trully believe that those Lithuanians were in on it.. My dad was an engineer during the cold war who got burnt by the lithuanians because of an oil pipeline and its welding...

I have to say that eastern europeans are a proven criminal element that we dont want here... Just a few weeks ago a group of romanians turned up at a site my cousin was working on in Sedgley and threatened the builders, then stole all the copper including the boilers for the heating systems.. They we're
e too afraid to fight because the PC laws from labour made them into cowards.

As a soldier myself... I would have had a good day ....

I get that you're very upset, and I would be too if I saw it happening in this country. Luckily there are laws in the U.S. that prevent anything like this from happening. However... saying that "eastern europeans are a proven criminal element" is a little bit over the top, don't you think? As someone who's birth country is considered by the world "Eastern European" even though it lies in the center, I resent the statement. Unfortunately every country will have it's criminals. I'm sure there's plenty of British who break the law and do terrible things on a daily basis. If a Britt breaks into my house, I'm not going to proclaim that the whole of England is a rotten bunch.

I'm sorry that your country is being overrun by immigrants from all over the world, and I'm sorry that these Lithuanian people broke the law in such a menacing way, but please don't throw all of us into the same category."Eastern Europe" contains many countries, and we don't appreciate being called "proven criminal element". We don't like criminals either, and if we had any say over it, we would punish them too. Unfortunately we can't control their actions in Britain much like you can't control the actions of a British guy breaking the law in Switzerland, or Russia. In the Eastern European country where I was born they would NEVER let this stand. I've never heard such a thing happening, however we have our own human rights problems with some Roma people, so partly I understand where you're coming from.

It's a frustrating thing. The only thing you can do as a people is start electing politicians into your Government who will stand up for you and enforce the laws the way they should be. Much like our U.S. Government allowed our borders to remain unprotected and continues to entice illegal new-comers from all over the world with amnesty, so your Government keeps making it easy to enter your country and pillage your resources. Maybe it's time to put a cap on it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join