It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang of Lithuanian squatters 'snatch ANOTHER home while owner is out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Can I ask what your skin colour is?

It's just that you seem to have an almost insatiable urge to stand up for people from other minorities in the UK.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
In the US you are allowed to kill someone who enters your home without permission. In Wyoming you are still allowed to hang or shoot someone you find stealing your livestock. In a situation like this the cops would lead them out in cuffs right away. No Court orders, no red tape. They are trespassing and therefore are committing a crime and will be arrested no questions asked (if it was in the US).

What's going on UK? Still like the nanny state?

and I thought our rights where being trampled... holy crap!

edit on 23-9-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I'm white as white can be, yet I stick up for minorities.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I'm fairly confident the only states you can kill an intruder, are redneck states which disagree with human rights and Natural/Common Law.

Trespassing is trespassing, it's not directly a motive to MURDER someone. And a jury can still find you guilty despite the law.

edit on 23-9-2010 by mryanbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

I'm white as white can be, yet I stick up for minorities.

I have no problem with that, unless it's at the expense of sticking up for your fellow country men when you have no evidence to stick up for the accused.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Good Lord, that is perhaps one of the most disgusting stories I have ever heard!!! This is why Large Gov. Bodies concerned with 'everyones' rights are totally impractical!!! The citizen has no rights in the end, if people are willing to be scoundrels they are rewarded, makes me sick to my stomach!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Sticking up for minorities is sticking up for my country men. In recognizing and respecting their liberties, we recognize and mirror that mentality to our own.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Sticking up for minorities is sticking up for my country men. In recognizing and respecting their liberties, we recognize and mirror that mentality to our own.

No it isn't when potentially foreigners are entering our country and squatting in our houses, at this moment in time there is no evidence to prove that that lithuanian's are innocent, isn't it guilty until proven innocent in the states??

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Sticking up for the rights of minorities, doesn't include defending their unlawful actions. I'm not quite sure how you drew that conclusion.

EDIT: No, it's innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Did you not read when the old man said they stole his bed clothes?! Come on people! If you are renting a furnished apartment or house, there is not going to be freakin pajamas in the drawers!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Sticking up for the rights of minorities, doesn't include defending their unlawful actions. I'm not quite sure how you drew that conclusion.

Because in this instance, you and neither I can deem whether the lithuanians were acting lawfully or not.

Out of personal experience from living in this country I assume that the guys were up to no good, I find it hard to believe they were "duped" by some dodgy estate agents.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Because in this instance, you and neither I can deem whether the lithuanians were acting lawfully or not.

Out of personal experience from living in this country I assume that the guys were up to no good, I find it hard to believe they were "duped" by some dodgy estate agents.

The police have established their innocence - end of story.

Please take your thinly disguised hate agenda elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm confident they're squatters. It should be as simple as saying, there's no contract for them to live there. Hence they are trespassing. It should be fairly simple unless something isn't being disclosed.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I'm confident they're squatters. It should be as simple as saying, there's no contract for them to live there. Hence they are trespassing. It should be fairly simple unless something isn't being disclosed.

The police have established their innocence.

End of story.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

So if I walked into your home uninvited, wasn't armed, posed no violent threat you could kill me?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
The police have established their innocence - end of story.

Please take your thinly disguised hate agenda elsewhere.

One minute your calling the Daily Mail the "Daily Fail" and a racist publication then the next your quoting facts from the very same source/article stating that they are innocent?

Don't make me laugh.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Reading the story, it isn't as cut and dry as someone simply illegally walking into the house. It's believed they are being fraudulently rented out to minorities. The minorities are being defrauded as well as the lawful tenants. The only recourse in a situation like that is to take it to court, despite how aggravating it is. You show evidence you live there lawfully and require the police to allow you entry.

However you still can not evict the other party at the moment.

It's more than simple squatting, it's a very intelligent means of fraud.

(The US has similar laws, but we aren't as desperate yet to play against the system.)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

I'm glad you believe they are squatters, I do aswell. With that in mind, I'd remove them from my house in whatever way necessary...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by mryanbrown

I'm glad you believe they are squatters, I do aswell. With that in mind, I'd remove them from my house in whatever way necessary...

The police have stated that they are innocent.

If you have proof that the police do not have, you should forward it to them before posting it here.

Otherwise you are just trying to stir up hate.

Which BNP office do you report to?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Being innocent, and being the lawful tenant are two very different things. They are innocent of breaking the law, because they were defrauded. They still are not the lawful tenants. So you're well within your rights to re-enter your home. You simply can't evict the other "occupants" until it is established they are there unlawfully which requires taking it to court as it was stated by police it is a civil matter.

However, if it *could* be turned into a criminal matter through them using violent force then they would be arrested and you could simply squat your own property out from under them.

Welcome to Legal Loopholes 101.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join