It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang of Lithuanian squatters 'snatch ANOTHER home while owner is out

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If this happened to me, I'd slice their legs off at the knees..... you wanna squat I will give you a reason to squat. A 72 yr old man... come on, give you're head a shake. I guess the 24 hr eviction notice dosn't apply there, too bad. Oh wait........ I forgot, the government can do whatever the hell it wants to who ever they want to do it to.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A quick solution would come at the end of a 12 gauge shotgun.

Blast in the front door or a window. My guess is that the squatters would leave pretty sharpish.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
True lol. I would like to try useing sharpened and poisoned bamboo slivers under the finger and toe nails lol after I tie at least just one of them. I prefer slow and extremely painfull torture. But that's just me .

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

there is nothing self righteous going on here - just an examination of the facts.

Presumably, you do not want any facts to get in the way of your little hate thread, so I won't bother with this bigotted racism anymore.
I'll leave you all to it, but before I go, I will just recap:

The so called "squatters" were, according to the police, people who had been the victim of a scam by someone posing as an estate agent.

2 properties were rented out to Lithuanian familes, one of whom paid £3,000 rent in advance for 6 months, with the other having agreed to pay £600 per month.

The so called "squatters" were removed from the houses when the council became involved after the weekend.

It took the man in the story 3 days to get his house back - it would have been quicker, except the council was closed for the weekend.

Police are searching for the perpetrators of the scam.

Police have stated that the Lithuanian families acted in good faith.

Squatters rights do not apply, because the bogus estate agent had damaged the property while gaining entry. The bogus estate agent then advertised the property, took money up front from the lithuanian family, and then disappeared.

The story is about as cut and dried as you can get - this attempt to stir up racial hatred is sickening, and the people doing it should be ashamed, except I know they won't be, because by perpetuating this filth they have achieved their aims.

Congratulations guys - way to embrace ignorance.

Oh deary me, get off the do gooder stage for one minute and look at the other facts.

Yes they got ripped off which is something they will have to deal with BUT when they were brought to the house it would have been 100% clear that it was still in use, the guy had just gone out, the place unless he is a very different pensioner than the ones I know of would have been tidy but lived in, his clothes would have been there, he would probably have family pictures up etc etc etc

We can all tell the difference between an empty flat (furnished) and a lived in one, at that point they should have made it clear that they knew someone was here. But of course they didn't, they just occupied the flat and then adjusted the mains in so it was off the meter, not the workings of nice family.

That's people I do not feel sorry for, happy to take another persons place and then not want to pay bills like anyone else!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm guessing you folks over the pond wished you had some different laws when it came to gun owning rights. Here in the states, were allowed to protect our property and our families, and unless they were invited in you got every right to drop them where stand. It's people like that that take advantage of laws to protect others that should have their respective arses handed to them.

It's one thing to squat in a house that nobody is living in or has gone back to the bank. It's entirely another to take a home from someone who's living there.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

One of the benefits of Gun Confiscation, next they're going to have the Arabs competing for Free Housing.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

It's got nothing to do with being a do-gooder and everything to do with the facts, and finding this kind of rabble rousing hate thread abhorrent.

Yeah, way to go, punish victims because they happen to be foreign

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

It's got nothing to do with being a do-gooder and everything to do with the facts, and finding this kind of rabble rousing hate thread abhorrent.

Yeah, way to go, punish victims because they happen to be foreign

But It's you ignoring the facts, as for being foreign, get over it, they are criminals who were ripped off by other criminals......Lifes a bitch...

In the end they took over another persons home KNOWING there was someone already living there, they then did the age old trick of bypassing the meter, both totally criminal acts, both horrendous for the poor old boy whose house they stole.

As for MY personal thoughts on immigrants, well when a person travels directly to the UK bypassing many other countries of whom could give safe refuge then I have to ponder why. If that person then decides to setup criminal roots here then I reserve the wish for them to be removed back from whence they came. We have enough home grown scum to deal with.

If my views about my families safety offend you then I'm sorry but I feel people coming here must have something to offer us, many do and come and work and integrate however there are those that come to start up gangs, attack people and generally get involved in criminal activities, those offer this country NOTHING and need to be removed. We simply cannot keep adding to a problem that we already with criminals born here, adding to it is totally illogical!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Absolute and utter rubbish.

They were cleared by the police.

They were not criminals.

Take your hate elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Totalling ignoring the fact that they dabbled with the mains?
Bit hypocriticle isn`t it?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

Take it up with the police - they were the ones who exonerated them, based on the evidence they had in front of them.

Try and spin it any way you want - this is a hate thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

A lack of evidence is no evidence. They cant charge people with no proof can they?

However they are very suspect in my view.. I wonder how much you would be prepared to defend their actions if it was your house? I am un no doubt you would be more reasoned and stable in such circumstances, however after waiting a few months for the courts to do their job im sure even your patience and tolerance would fail.

But thanks for being such a shining light and example to all us "haters" who would not stand for this whatever nation they come from. And for showing us that people can indeed be trusted at their word and people dont lie their way out of trouble or use scams via legal loopholes to steal peoples homes.. Forgive these poor conned people for they know not what they do... Bulls%it they dont!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

A few months?

Try 3 days - that's how long it took to get his house back, by going through the proper channels, getting the police involved and informing the council about it.

You can't even read the evidence in the story YOU posted, which you have shown time and time again.

So don't give me any more of your sanctimonious rubbish which doesn't even thinly disguise your hate agenda.

If the people in the houses didn't have the right paperwork, they would have been arrested - instead, the police refer to them as victims of a scam.

It's only you and your ilk that are perpetuating a myth that these people were criminals, in an attempt to stir up hatred on the boards.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Actually i was taliking in terms of how long it takes to get an eviction notice in these cases which can indeed take months. As for paperwork, you can go online at any library or internet cafe and download a tenancy agreement, print it off and sign it. Its no big deal and easy to do.

I am glad that there are people like you who see the best in everyone and wish a little of what you have would rub off on me... I admire that trait and envy it... But seeing the very worst that humanity has to offer in various conflicts i have become suspicious and am rarely surprised by the actions of people.. However I am open to be wrong too and maybe am in this case.. But in the event that im right, then people should be made aware of such a thing no? And hopefully the law changed so that the real haters do nor do murder to get their home back.

I am not a hater my friend, but my home is mine.. Try taking it.. people have the right to their opinions. Just because they do not marry with yours does not make them wrong or your right.. You and I are not the moral authority on ANYTHING!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Manipulating the mains is a criminal act probably in most countries at the expense
of the utility company. It is called theft. Can we assume in this case, that the
"squatters" had good intentions in trying to not have it invoiced to the owner ?

Doing this is illogical. They most certainly in this moment knew that the house
was still occupied ! Why do a criminal act, while they could have used the owner´s
electricity with only a reclaim by the owner to fear for the used electricity ? It
probably wouldn´t pass as theft because of insignificance.

They surely have read their leasing contract, in which there must have been no
mention of furniture and equipment. Yet all rooms are furnished, equipped, and
the clothes are hanging all over. The next thing to do would have been to contact
the agent and the police. There wouldn´t be any difference to Lithuania.

Also, you would have to apply for the utility services directly before or after moving
in. Those people would tell you that the old contracts with the owner will first have to
be given notice to and fulfilled. Then somebody would come around to note the
consumption.

A woman in the garden wielding a knife is more than suspicious of ill intentions.

In Germany, e.g., you are not even allowed to carry a knife outside your house
that is bigger than a butter-spreading one. You´d be in for a fine and/or a prosecution.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Absolute and utter rubbish.

They were cleared by the police.

They were not criminals.

Take your hate elsewhere.

My god, how non logical can you get, it's people like you who defend all people yet if they moved a pedophile safe house into your area you would be screaming like a loon (as we all would).

Yet again you totally ignore the simple facts, lets explain them again..

1. They entered the house and KNEW someone was living there but still moved in.

Is that the act of a normal family, I've been shown flats in my life where the person was still there but were moving out soon, but to be shown a house full of the old mans stuff and move in that second, good god man, how do you defend that.

Sod squatters rights (not that it applies here), imagine it was your house!

2. They adjusted the mains to bypass the meter

A factor that the Police could not enforce because they could not DIRECTLY confirm it was them BUT whats the likelihood that a 72yr man suddenly decided to clock his meter that day. Again, another offense that you defend?

And while we are at it, it makes no odds how long it took to get back in, they should NEVER have been there in the first place, add to that, someone had to come out and fix the mains as it was dangerous so technically that poor old boy could have been in that house with no heat or light thanks to your new mates.

So you would put the welfare of these criminals before that old man living on your own, what a horrible set of principles you live by, I'm ashamed for you.

What's you relationship in this case, are you Lithuanian ?

It's the only thing I can think that would allow the series of thoughts you have about this case to so shroud your mind.

I'm from Belfast in Northern Ireland by birth but it does not make me support every Irish persons actions, how blanketed would that be. So stop the race / nationality card, its both boring and incorrect, if you like this Lithuanian family so much then put them up at your place, I guarantee your electric bills will be cheaper!!!

And stop using technicalities to deny their guilt, a drug dealer who comes up to me to sell me drugs is still a drug dealer if he gets caught by the Police or not, it's a matter of common sense or do you think that family were doing a 90 minute makeover for that poor bloke..

Of course they are criminals, one of them even accosted the old man when he came back, is that part of the make over plan, no, it was bullying tactics just as the meter bypass was a criminal act, the fact that you are hiding behind exactness astounds me, you are acting like a defense lawyer for the guilty party, looking for any little 'get out' but yet you know in your mind these people were not there to help anyone but themselves.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.
Manipulating the mains is a criminal act probably in most countries at the expense
of the utility company. It is called theft. Can we assume in this case, that the
"squatters" had good intentions in trying to not have it invoiced to the owner ?

Doing this is illogical. They most certainly in this moment knew that the house
was still occupied ! Why do a criminal act, while they could have used the owner´s
electricity with only a reclaim by the owner to fear for the used electricity ? It
probably wouldn´t pass as theft because of insignificance.

They surely have read their leasing contract, in which there must have been no
mention of furniture and equipment. Yet all rooms are furnished, equipped, and
the clothes are hanging all over. The next thing to do would have been to contact
the agent and the police. There wouldn´t be any difference to Lithuania.

Also, you would have to apply for the utility services directly before or after moving
in. Those people would tell you that the old contracts with the owner will first have to
be given notice to and fulfilled. Then somebody would come around to note the
consumption.

A woman in the garden wielding a knife is more than suspicious of ill intentions.

In Germany, e.g., you are not even allowed to carry a knife outside your house
that is bigger than a butter-spreading one. You´d be in for a fine and/or a prosecution.

I totally agree with everything you have said and I do because it's common logical sense, something Budski seems unwilling to use.

He's just a PC apologist for the what he thinks are put upon people, there's something odd about this whole case anyway, that's a HUGE deposit, much more than most common or garden houses normal deposits.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So don't give me any more of your sanctimonious rubbish which doesn't even thinly disguise your hate agenda.

If the people in the houses didn't have the right paperwork, they would have been arrested - instead, the police refer to them as victims of a scam.

It's only you and your ilk that are perpetuating a myth that these people were criminals, in an attempt to stir up hatred on the boards.

Wooo, yes they were allegedly scammed and if it did happen that way then I'm sorry for them but you don't get scammed and then take over an old mans house and hack his mains supply just for the sake of it. That is cold blooded criminal action.

I don't know where you live but I can only guess it's a nice affluent place, if it is then take a trip into places like where I live, there's no walking down the roads with a nod and a good morning like I had when we lived in Buckinghamshire, here it's people with a look of either hate or terror. If you don't look like you might handle yourself then you become prey to the area's scum.

So, if some set of people try to take what is mine then I react, ringing the Police only gives them longer to loot your place and they sure as hell won't arrive in minutes. In other words, law and order often often causes more distress for the innocent by it's toothlessness, sometimes you need to use common sense and identify the cause and shut it down asap.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Answer me one question - why did the police not only exonerate them, but also state that they were victims of the scam

Do you have evidence the police don't have?

No, you are simply perpetuating hate.

And no, I don't live in an affluent area, I live in one of the poorest parts of the country.

But I don't use it as an excuse to hate others because of their nationality or skin colour.

And yes, there are quite a few posters in this thread who have quite a history of creating or joining in hate threads.

So, answer the question - why were they not only exonerated but named as victims by the police?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
My style in a situation like this would be to breach the door, either with my boot or something a bit bigger, grab hold of the nearest one and launch him bodily out the door. Then proceed to grab my light and knife, and eject the rest of them with the same courtesy. It's all about overwhelming force of action.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join