It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by sticky

There you go Sticky.......PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!

Thank You

ok girls....off your birth control pills, the men finally realised a vasectomy solves the abortion and pregnancy issue so now we no longer have to worry about birth control.

Now Sticky...STDs?

Yeah, you wear a condom, maybe two if she looks like a whore. STD's don't have anything to do with this issue. It's pretty clear that the man in the OP isn't going to win his case. Like I said, get a vasectomy and keep that information to yourself. It's not her right to know that you can't have kids.

I've heard a few stories about women confronting men that they are pregnant, only to find out that the man they hoped to be it's father was, in fact, sterile.

edit on 17-9-2010 by sticky because: (no reason given)

I like this idea! It is responsible, most of the time reverable, and it is empowering, esp in the above scenerio.

It also falls under male reproductive rights.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp

Men, if you don't want any kids, just get a vasectomy. It can be reversed if you change your mind. It's not 100%, but quite successful in many cases.

You keep that information to yourself. Nobody needs to know that you are sterile. Not even your current sexual partner.

I've heard it called "the perfect crime" before, and it does seem to be.

edit on 17-9-2010 by sticky because: I like editing my posts!

More failed logic. Ok, women, just get a hysterectomy if you dont want to get pregnant.

How is that at all failed logic? I'm a man! This idea comes from a MAN! Not a woman. You have a choice. The reality is, if you play, you are susceptible of impregnating the woman. I understand your point of view, assuming you are young, you might not want to jepordize your right to have children with a vasectomy. Then again, it can be reversed.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head to do it. You choose to.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

FINANCIAL care.

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So you are advocating forced abortion.

That's ridiculous! No one is forcing her to have an abortion. It's totally her choice.
Of course it is, as it is the males choice to engage in pregnancy producing behavior. You are saying if she cannot afford it she can choose to abort. If she has it and cannot afford it tough because the man get soff scott free. No way is this scenerio anywhere near right. It 100 percent gives the man a free waltz while leaving the woman two agonizingly difficult choices. Both knew the outcomes involved in engaging in sex yet one can just walk away and never look back.

link   
reply to post by joechip

I'm a man and a father and this is utter idiocy. The man is not being descriminated against in any way. If the father takes the child after it is born, the mother is required to pay child support just like in the vica versa case. So the argument is null. Men are not being treated any differently and I think the entire basis for the argument is unfounded and....well....stupid.

However,I do think that a woman should be required to have the father sign a waiver before being allowed to have an abortion that isn't medically required or induced by rape. An old girlfriend of mine, whom I got pregnant back in college, had an abortion, but never told me. I had to find out through a mutual friend. That's something that has bothered me for years. I would have gladly taken the child and absolved her of any responsibility for it, or if she could not have been swayed I could have at least been there to offer her support through what must have been a very stressfull situation.

link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
At the end of the day... if you feel like forcing anyone to take responsibility is a good idea this means you have deeper issues.

At the end of the day... when a group's political agenda supercede's the welfare of a child already in existence... those DEEPER ISSUES only apply to when their hand is in someone else's pocket.

link   

reply to post by sticky

There you go Sticky.......PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!

Thank You

ok girls....off your birth control pills, the men finally realised a vasectomy solves the abortion and pregnancy issue so now we no longer have to worry about birth control.

Now Sticky...STDs?

Yeah, you wear a condom, maybe two if she looks like a whore. STD's don't have anything to do with this issue. It's pretty clear that the man in the OP isn't going to win his case. Like I said, get a vasectomy and keep that information to yourself. It's not her right to know that you can't have kids.

I've heard a few stories about women confronting men that they are pregnant, only to find out that the man they hoped to be it's father was, in fact, sterile.

I like this idea! It is responsible, most of the time reverable, and it is empowering, esp in the above scenerio.

It also falls under male reproductive rights.

Unless of course she says no sex if he wears a condom. not a real right, granted I say that should be a deal breaker to begin with, but were not talking about making smart decisions, were talking about rights.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

That's ridiculous! No one is forcing her to have an abortion. It's totally her choice.

And if someone covertly works from behind the scenes to interfere and limit her CHOICES???

edit on 17/9/2010 by Hedera Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

reply to post by sticky

Unless of course she says no sex if he wears a condom. not a real right, granted I say that should be a deal breaker to begin with, but were not talking about making smart decisions, were talking about rights.

Why would any man agree to put themselves into that kind of a risk situation? Are we really that horny? Don't answer that, we really are. But, that would be an unwise decision on thier part. Find another mate, plain and simple.

I'm not really sure where I stand in the debate. I do somewhat believe that I should have more rights in the issue, but, it's never going to happen.

link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
reply to post by joechip

I'm a man and a father and this is utter idiocy. The man is not being descriminated against in any way. If the father takes the child after it is born, the mother is required to pay child support just like in the vica versa case. So the argument is null. Men are not being treated any differently and I think the entire basis for the argument is unfounded and....well....stupid.

However,I do think that a woman should be required to have the father sign a waiver before being allowed to have an abortion that isn't medically required or induced by rape. An old girlfriend of mine, whom I got pregnant back in college, had an abortion, but never told me. I had to find out through a mutual friend. That's something that has bothered me for years. I would have gladly taken the child and absolved her of any responsibility for it, or if she could not have been swayed I could have at least been there to offer her support through what must have been a very stressfull situation.

Yea she is required to pay but in cases where she doesnt what happens. I can tell you from my experience I have 2 child support orders one for her, and one for my youngest son's bio father. Guess who is current on his child support and who isn't? Has anything happened to my ex-wife, nope contempt was filed in Aug 06. She currently has 9,369 in arreages, and her last payment was in February. Is she in jail like the law says? nope. Have they seized any of her property, even a joint checking account with her now 2nd ex husband? again nope.
Do I really care, nope if I did I would fight more to have child support enforcement take action. It is simply too much effort, and I am finally in a position to fully provide for my biological son, and my non bio son that I have custody of. So no the law is applied differently. Also you hear about deadbeat father's raids on father's day correct? Have you ever heard of similar raids on mothers day? nope.....guess why a double standard.

link   
So half the posts on here sounds like little kids who didn't get their way! "No I didn't want to get pregant first!" I'm so sorry for everyone who feels they have the RIGHT to kill their child. If you can believe that that fetus has no life, I have a bridge in Paris I would love to sell you. How about this...having sex is an adult decision with real world consequences(namely the creation of new life). It is not another recreational sport. Maybe we should be teaching people "this is how you make babies" instead of ways to beat the odds. Maybe we should focus on how to be good parents instead of who's 'right' it is to kill or disown the child, who, by the way, never had a choice in the matter anyway. It was too childish adults unable to control themselves. Let's forgoe the incest,rape, molestation stuff we aren't taking about that. This is about men/women who want to play with fire and then complain to the courts/doctors about how they didn't plan on getting burned. Think about it first, if you aren't ready to take responsibility for the very product of your action then keep your pants on!!! No wonder kids are so confused today, the adults act less mature then they do.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

Loki

I hear this story all too often......your quote "HUGE" payments. Exactly what HUGE payments is your friend paying just for ONE child per month?

Funny that...a couple of friends of mine said the same about the HUGE payments they were paying in child support until one of their ex wives (also a friend of mine) showed me her CSA statement she was getting $9.60 a month (not a week, a MONTH!) in child support. The other was only paying $360.00 a month for 3 children - thats $120.00 per month per child. Another just recently told me she was getting $29.00 a month for 3 children. Now all ex husbands are doing VERY well for themselves however they're all self employed. Cooking the books, no doubt.

Got my drift?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

reply to post by sticky

Why would any man agree to put themselves into that kind of a risk situation? Are we really that horny? Don't answer that, we really are. But, that would be an unwise decision on thier part. Find another mate, plain and simple.

I'm not really sure where I stand in the debate. I do somewhat believe that I should have more rights in the issue, but, its never going to happen.

Agree wholehardly should just move on but with most people that doesnt happen. And yes you should have more rights, the same as females plain and simple. As to if it happens or not remains to be seen, there is talk of a male birth control pill, so their is hope. Unfortunately its a money issue to get it out. Women's health care in the US is spent about 4 times more than Men's Health issues. So there is not alot of money to get it released.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

I agree only with the last sentence of your thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

Loki

I hear this story all too often......your quote "HUGE" payments. Exactly what HUGE payments is your friend paying just for ONE child per month?

Funny that...a couple of friends of mine said the same about the HUGE payments they were paying in child support until one of their ex wives (also a friend of mine) showed me her CSA statement she was getting $9.60 a month (not a week, a MONTH!) in child support. The other was only paying $360.00 a month for 3 children - thats $120.00 per month per child. Another just recently told me she was getting $29.00 a month for 3 children. Now all ex husbands are doing VERY well for themselves however they're all self employed. Cooking the books, no doubt.

Got my drift?

CSA statements and court orders stipulating child support obligations are 2 different things. My ex was supposed to pay 196 in feb, how much did she pay 52.18, everything else goes to arrearages. States have a minimum amount set for child support for unempliyed, and low income.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

I was being cynical

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
FINANCIAL care.

I know what you meant but I do not consider that care; at the most it is a bill. Financial care of a child goes beyond child support.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by mayertuck

I was being cynical

I got that, was saying that yea both cases can have huge payment they have to make. Doesn't mean they make those court ordered payment. So yea they can be ordered to have huge payment, and not actually pay what they are supposed to.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

What kind of child support should a man expect from a woman who works in housekeeping at a hotel/motel???

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

How is that at all failed logic?

You seem to imply that men are the problem for women getting pregnant. Women are just as responsible therefore, I replied by saying, women should just get a hysterectomy to avoid pregnancy; if we're going to throw around such biased remarks. Vesectomies are not always reversable. Is some cases damage is done and cannot reversed.

I'm a man! This idea comes from a MAN! Not a woman.

Its irrelevant what your gender is. I'm addressing your statements.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head to do it. You choose to.

Both parties choose to, therefore, both parties are accountable.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix

What kind of child support should a man expect from a woman who works in housekeeping at a hotel/motel???

what about a father that works at mcdonalds? should he get another job hell yes, should the women also hell yes, if you have an obligation you do what you have to to fulfill it.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join