It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound

L.A. Times

A man whose head was covered in a bag and who had his hands bound was found dead Wednesday morning in a restroom at Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

Airport police were called to the bathroom shortly before 8 a.m. and found a body slumped in a stall, according to sources familiar with the case. They called Los Angeles police, who dispatched detectives with the department's robbery-homicide division to investigate.

The sources said it was not immediately clear if the death was a suicide or a homicide.

[Updated at 12:30 p.m.: Los Angeles police officials said a preliminary investigation indicates the man may have died from suicide. They said the case has been turned over to the Los Angeles County Coroner to determine his official cause of death. They also stressed the investigation is in its very early stages.]

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So LA's Homicide Division is trying to claim that a man with his hands bound put a bag over his head and suffocated himself inside an airport terminal bathroom stall?

Wow. How stupid do they think we are?

Who bothers to go to an airport to suicide themselves, seriously? The guy was in a terminal 3 restroom, which means he had a boarding pass and/or had already passed through security.

This was foul play, straight up. Was it a drug deal gone bad, a spy who got caught, or just first victim of a new serial killer? Who knows.

But this was most definitely not a suicide. Bound hands...how ridiculous.

edit on 15-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: to clarify

edit on 15-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

While I agree that it does seem a bit of a stretch ( to say the least) I would not say that it is impossible. I am trying to put myself in the shoes of a suicidal person. I can see myself not wanting people to think less of me. I can see perhaps trying to make it look as a homicide so as to avoid my family and friends thinking less of me for taking my own life.

I guess you are assuming he died from suffocation due to the bag over his head? Keep in mind that it does not list an official cause of death in the article.

Something else to keep in mind is that the cops made a point of saying that they could not recall a killing in a terminal bathroom at that airport. They also point out that it is very early in the investigation.

It is almost as if they just want us ( or some one imparticular)to think that they got away with it... Hoping that some one slips up and starts bragging or something.

Think back to the balloon boy case. Do you remember how the police told the media that they believed their story, even though they knew it was crap? That got the family to be more open and cooperative with the police, they walked right into it.

So keep in mind, that just because they say it is a suicide, does not mean that is what they really think. Perhaps they know it is a homicide and they are just trying to lull the perpetrator into a false sense of security.

Of course that is just speculation, but who knows. I agree, suicide seems unlikely here to me...

edit on 15-9-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: Correcting a grammatical error ( One of the few I am lucky to catch
)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

LA is full of gangs and syndicate activity. This is something you must be careful of in the area. This is clearly activity related to this. I will tell you that these people are creative and good at what they do.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It also means that unless the guy was off'd by the alphabet soup or the mafia, the murderer also had a boarding pass and went through security. Even then, those terminals have really good security with lots of cameras. Something should turn up.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Excellent, excellent point. Chances are that whomever killed this man probably left on an airplane out of that terminal. Think about it: To get into the terminal they would have to either work there, or be a passenger. Now I highly doubt an LAX employee would do something like this. So it has to be somebody who had a ticket/boarding pass.

Now, this murderer could then either board the plane after the killing, or simply leave the airport. But leaving the airport without boarding would put the murder on a very short list of people to investigate, compared to all the passengers (most likely male) who flew out that morning (body was found @ 7:45 am).

So, I would guess that the murder flew away, but where to? My guess at this point without knowing any better is that Terminal 3 only has international flights. I would check all the flights that went to countries with NO extradition treaties with the U.S.

Must investigate...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
First thing that went through my mind, was that the guy was probably a victim of a failed rendition or something.
Whatever the case, it sure is bizarre

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Excellent, excellent point. Chances are that whomever killed this man probably left on an airplane out of that terminal. Think about it: To get into the terminal they would have to either work there, or be a passenger. Now I highly doubt an LAX employee would do something like this. So it has to be somebody who had a ticket/boarding pass.

See things like this make me think they know a lot more than they are letting on. We are putting a lot together and we do not know many of the facts at all, so just imagine what they have.

I agree, most likely it would either be a passenger or an LAX employee with access to that area. It COULD be an LAX employee, but my gut says it is more likely to have been another passenger. Some one who was flying out of Terminal 3.

Now, this murderer could then either board the plane after the killing, or simply leave the airport. But leaving the airport without boarding would put the murder on a very short list of people to investigate, compared to all the passengers (most likely male) who flew out that morning (body was found @ 7:45 am).

I think the killer would be more likely to board the plane and fly. It would be noticed that a person did not show up on that plane and that would raise suspicions. Besides, why pay all that money for a ticket and boarding pass, if you are not going to fly? Also, I agree that the suspect is most likely a male, LAX is a busy place, it would be hard to miss a woman going into the men's bathroom... But then again it seems like it would be hard to miss a murder taking place...

So, I would guess that the murder flew away, but where to? My guess at this point without knowing any better is that Terminal 3 only has international flights. I would check all the flights that went to countries with NO extradition treaties with the U.S.

Must investigate...

I would first check the flight that the dead man was meant to be on. Assuming it was not just a random act, it would seem that the suspect knew that this man was going to be there, and the fact that he was in the terminal also meant he had a ticket and all that.... So I would think that he would buy a ticket to get on the same plane that the now dead man did...

Other than that, just look into all flights that left Terminal 3 that day. Something else that just hit me though, is what if it was some one who flew in? I don't know, either way, if it is a homicide it is going to be pre meditated. I say this because how many people do you know that just happen to carry around a rope and a bag all the time?

Talk to friends and family. Find out if he got into a fight with anyone. See if anyone had a grudge against him...things like that... I would not be surprised if that is the case.

Wow, at this rate we may have this thing solved before the police do!

See, we put all this together using just common sense and logic. They have actual clues and such, so imagine what they know.

edit on 15-9-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Another thought..if it was a local gang thing or "just business" the they would need to check short hop flights.

This sounds like an assasin to me, though.. A Pro. This sort would be travelling light and, yes, I think would have left on the flight the victim was intended for in case there was a "miss" at the sirport and they needed to catch the guy at the destination.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Wow, at this rate we may have this thing solved before the police do!

I feel like I'm watching an episode of CSI.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Another thought..if it was a local gang thing or "just business" the they would need to check short hop flights.

This sounds like an assasin to me, though.. A Pro. This sort would be travelling light and, yes, I think would have left on the flight the victim was intended for in case there was a "miss" at the sirport and they needed to catch the guy at the destination.

Yes, that is a thought that crossed my mind too, which is why they need to go talk to family and friends of this man to see if he had any fights recently, people with grudges against him... Pissed of psycho ex's, things like that. If it was a paid hit, then most likely there is some one who knows him who is very pissed at him... If that is the case, chances are one of his family or friends is bound to know something...

And another thing, another reason for this killer to get on the flight and not just leave the airport, is that it would get him away from that jurisdiction. Find out where this man's plane was going. Find each person on that plane and talk to them. I would be particularly interested in anyone who bought a one way ticket...

I have a hunch that if they do that, we will find our killer.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Apparently, Terminal 3 is strictly domestic flights. Alaska Airlines and Virgin America airlines are exclusive to that terminal.

So I've narrowed the location of the murder down to....The United States of America!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

So I've narrowed the location of the murder down to....The United States of America!

Ha, well it is a start. As I said we need to check the people on his flight. Question them.

Also think about this. The killer had to get through security with that rope and bag.... So they need to also talk to security that was on duty for that terminal around the time that the dead man showed up. Find out if any one in security can recall anyone having a rope and bag in there bag.. If so, they might could get a description, or even look through security tapes and get a picture of the man....

Also, assuming that this man did in fact get on the same plane as the dead man. It is possible that he bought a round trip ticket, so they need to check both LA and what ever city the dead man was flying to. So I think really we can narrow it down to those two cities... Unless perhaps the suspect bought a ticket heading to somewhere else entirely after they arrived at that planes destination...

In which case, they need to pay attention to who ever did that... We figured all this out with just common sense and no physical clues... I bet you these cops have people of interest already... Which is why they could have lied and said it was a suicide... They want to turn some one from a person of interest, into a suspect.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You are right. One of the worst places to murder someone, I would imagine
, is in a major airport terminal. They are one of the most video taped, heavily surveilled locations around, next to a bank. The part that doesn't make sense to me is the deceased's hands being bound.

Why do that if you are killing yourself? Why do it if you were murdering someone? That would be a major struggle.

This is a weird, weird case.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yeah, it is hard to say why he would have been tied up and have a bag over his head. They will do an autopsy, check for drugs in his system, things like that, signs of a struggle and what not... I promise you, they claim to not be so sure if it is a homicide or a suicide, but they know...

On top of the question of, why use them, I would add, why would the killer leave them? Is it meant to be a calling card of sorts? Perhaps they were put on after the man was dead?

It would be hard to tie up a guy like that. I imagine the man struggling, yelling and all that... If that is the case, I wonder if anyone heard the struggle... In fact, in such a busy place, I wonder how some one could not hear it...

Maybe he was drugged with something and he went to the bathroom because he felt sick, and then was followed in by the killer who finished the job, and perhaps the man was too drugged to put up a fight? I really do not know.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I wonder when they might release the victims name, most likely they know already as he would have ID to get thru the terminal. The info given to the press indicates to me they are trying to draw out a witness (difficult to believe someone didn't see something) or the person who possibly did this. They messed up either way saying possible suicide with hands tied. BTW the entire airport is a nightmare, everytime I have a problem with a flight its always at LAX.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If it is a murder, it sure sends a powerfull message.

No matter how many cameras, people or security are around, we will still get you.
If this was a murder, it was to set an example.
I bet that if his name is released, he can be connected to some big company.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

I bet that if his name is released, he can be connected to some big company.

It is a possibility, but I think it is most likely to be a case of some one who had it out for him, an old friend with a grudge... Perhaps they paid for a hit, something like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
It is a possibility, but I think it is most likely to be a case of some one who had it out for him, an old friend with a grudge... Perhaps they paid for a hit, something like that.

Still, would you do that in that kind of place? A hitman would prefer easy in, easy out.
why do it in an airport of all places, if it's "just" a grudge or a simple paid hit.
A murder in a well monitored airport just screams sending out a message to me.
Why take extra risks if you don't have too?

edit on 15/9/10 by locster because: keyboard conspiracy

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

Still, would you do that in that kind of place? A hitman would prefer easy in, easy out.
why do it in an airport of all places, if it's "just" a grudge or a simple paid hit.
A murder in a well monitored airport just screams sending out a message to me.
Why take extra risks if you don't have too?

No I would not. You are right, a hitman would prefer easy in easy out... So then that to me suggests it is the work of some one who does not know much of what they are doing... Perhaps just a person with a grudge...

What it screams more to me is that it is the work of some one who has not done it before... Hence, the unprofessional risk taking...

They need to question his family and friends and see if that is the case... Question the people who were on the plane he was supposed to catch as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join