It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

A limp (drugged) body would fall to the ground immediately and the next guy to walk in (or anyone sitting in there) is going to spot someone fallen in a stall.

Depends on how they were propped up. They could have been set up so they do not fall over... It is not an odd thought at all to think that if they were drugged ( and that was pure speculation in itself) that the one who drugged them could prop them up so they do not fall.

Tearing the bag off the person's head and starting CPR would revive them.

Now that really depends on so many factors and should not be stated as a fact at all. It depends on how long he has been dead, what killed him and so many other things. CPR does not always help.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreampsi
my psychic spidey senses are tingling. I'll say Colonel mustard in the...sorry couldn't resist.

My senses say this will be found to be a man tied to Russia or Ukraine. I think this guy was married and his best friend was cheating with his wife. They came up with a plan to "off him" and so the 2 men were flying in on different flights for vacation meeting this wife there. The best friend kills the guy in the bathroom, the wife gets the insurance money and the best friend gets the woman and her new found fortune. That kinda plan is in my crystal ball. It'll all come out eventually.

Are you joking or being serious? I am not being rude here, I just am not sure.

Either way you are the second to mention Russia. The other was talking about a spy type situation though. Honestly I am skeptical about that, considering terminal three is not an international flight terminal.... so unless they flew in to a different airport, and then transferred onto a plane that flew to LAX, it is going to be unlikely that your scenario or the other posters, is correct.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

My first thought was autoerotic asphyxiation...

Byrd, this is my first thought as well. I also have a feeling that this case will be one that will not be well covered in the media and will fade into the dregs of suicide and unexplained...will be "nobody's" business, so to say.

~holly

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The man got Elvis'ed. Seems a little strange to consider a man with his hands bound and a plastic bag over his head could have committed suicide, though it is definitely possible. Maybe this sad sap wanted to end it all and confuse the hell out of everybody in the process. Maybe he P'd off the wrong cartel, or maybe some dude just wanted to suffocate a man in a men's bathroom. Let's hope LAPD homicide does their job well so we can get the answers. To those crying that this is already a conspiracy, get real. You don't discount something without investigating it thoroughly first.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
It also means that unless the guy was off'd by the alphabet soup or the mafia, the murderer also had a boarding pass and went through security. Even then, those terminals have really good security with lots of cameras. Something should turn up.

It can't be that great if people are getting murdered in the bathrooms.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I would think that the sex angle would fit, only in a different way. Remember that one congressman, larry craig, I think, who did the toe-tapping thing in an attempt to initiate gay sex, but his initiate happened to be a police? Well, what if the next door stall wasn't into that and felt repulsed enough to kill with what was on hand? He could have let on that he was into it long enough to get his chance to murder the victim. If it is that busy an airport, and if its not too uncommon for those kinds of meetings to take place in bathroom stalls, it definitely could happen that way. Normal hetero males, and especially homophobes are not going to want to witness that sort of thing and most likely leave it be, ignoring it as they walk away in disgust. I know I wouldn't want to bust in on a situation like that and attempt to stop it.

I can almost think that the elaborate suicide plot scenario might have some credibility, but usually insurance doesn't want to pay for suicide. If that were the case, a guy could simply shoot himself in the head as he's jumping off a bridge, much easier that way. If you had the cajones to plot your own death out, why would you pick this scenario? Too many easier ways to get it done if you really want to go out like that.

This is off topic now, but does anyone remember all those russians found murdered at a junkyard in (i can't remember) California? I think it was like 17 men and they all had ties to the russian mafia. According to the AP. Maybe thats why the references to the russians? I'll try for a link but it won't hurt my feelings if someone beats me to it.

Rest assured, if LAPD Robbery/Homicide is on the case, justice will be served, and the truth will be found. /sarcasm off/

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
1.and i thougth that there was cameras around them areas cause of doobius activity...

2. there are easier ways to make suecide then asphyxia.

3. people talk about shame and what not , IF this is self afflicted then its more a statement/notion then subly and secretly dwelled into oneself,.

i mean whats the point of sitting in a booth suffecating yourself for everyone to see or better yet when air runs out you get cataplexes and what not nerv twitches and youll get notised by someone,

im sorry i just dont buy that self afflicted story , there are milloins if not trilloins of better and ethicly and more morale ways to do one self.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Does the article even say what his hands were bound with?

Rope keeps coming up an I believe I saw somebody mention handcuffs.

His hands could have been bound with anything really.

If he was wearing a suit his hands could have been bound with his own neck tie for all we know so it doesn't mean someone was walking around with rope and a plastic bag.

Also, the plastic bag could have been as simple as a garbage bag from the bathroom trash can.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
First thought that came to mind was the Mexican drug cartels have made their way to the States.
What else could it be?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by realeyes

"I can almost think that the elaborate suicide plot scenario might have some credibility, but usually insurance doesn't want to pay for suicide. If that were the case, a guy could simply shoot himself in the head as he's jumping off a bridge, much easier that way. If you had the cajones to plot your own death out, why would you pick this scenario? Too many easier ways to get it done if you really want to go out like that."

well if you wanted your family to collect insurance, i think you would want to make it seem like murder.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

His hands were bound behind him with zip ties. Would not be difficult to do to oneself. He apparently also had a history of another recent suicide attempt.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It is totally possible. I performed over 1500 autopsies. I once performed an autopsy on a man who bound his own wrists behind his back. He had a broom stick in his anus and he was totally naked. He was masterbating and died of a heart attack. Baby oil everywhere. uuuggghhh.

So yeah.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
someone ought to scan the la obituarys and try to figure out who it was,

if we knew who the guy was we could make better connections with any possible motive for killing the man,

though i agree its probly not suicide, something like bound hands and a bag you dont do to yourself unless you have an odd sexual desire, regardless of that you wouldnt do it in an airport,

security cameras are everwhere in airports so there realy isnt anyway they wouldnt know if this was murder or not, their probly just waiting to decide how well it can be covered up before they state which it was.

edit on 10/3/10 by pryingopen3rdeye because: splalelalin

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Possible Scenario: Bathroom stalls are meeting places for gay men. Let's say this man was supposed to meet somebody in this stall for a quickie. He decides to blackmail his lover by threatening to tell the wife. He demands that he leave his wife. As part of the sex play in the stall he submits to his hands being bound. After being bound, the killer decides to use that to his advantage and bags his head. The killer has a lot to lose if this guy talks. We may be looking at a high profile case here. Some rich guy or dignitary or politician or diplomat. I wonder if the detectives find out the deceased was gay or a closet gay or even bi-sexual. Late night quickies are not uncommon in public bathroom stalls however, this one ended in tragedy. One sure fire way to be sure if it was suicide or murder is if the deceased left fingerprints on the bag. If not, then it is a homicide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join