It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That is a very good point. I just assumed the work of professionals giving the placement. I did not take a very angry person with clouded judgement into account. The way the person was killed doesn't look like a anger killing to me. The bound hands and bag over the head do suggest submission though.
So why make the killing silent and non messy, but do it in a very monitored place?

This is going to keep me up all night.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Airports have a considerable amount of security cameras placed throughout the building , they could surely establish if the man entered the toilets alone / or was followed .
With the level of paranoia surrounding airports , if you wanted to kill somebody - it surely would rank wayyyy down on your list of `ideal` locations.

The implements used (cable tie?/ plastic bag ) would however be quieter to use and easier to conceal .

Were his hands tied behind his back or to the front ?

Murder or suicide ....???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

a suicide attempt .......

If it was a cable tie that was used, would it be possible to tighten the cable tie after the bag was over the head. Using the teeth to grip the tie ?
But the hands ... even when bound , would still be free enough to remove the bag (if the point of binding the hands is to thwart any attempt to back out of the suicide ) .

Just kicking a few ideas about .

What a bizarre story , perhaps it will all fall into place as more is revealed of the victims identity etc.

I will be watching this story for updates.

edit on 15-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

Yeah, same here. This is just such an odd case... I seem to keep thinking about it.

I personally am convinced that it was a murder... But why there? Why in such a public place where anyone could have walked in at anytime?

I speculated earlier as to why it seems that no one heard or saw anything ( Well the article said nothing about witnesses, so I assume none have come forward yet). Perhaps they were slipped something. Who knows, maybe they stopped off at one of the restaurants inside the airport, got something to drink and something was slipped into it that made them sick which may explain why they went to the bathroom...

And perhaps the suspect followed them in and tied them up and killed them and they were to sick to fight back or make much noise? I don't know...

That is PURE speculation... But I am just trying to imagine how some one could be killed in such a place with out someone seeing something...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a kinky sex act that went haywire. That would explain the bondage and the bag. And some people are into those weird trix.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

You know, in all honesty that too was one of many thoughts that crossed my mind... Who knows, perhaps it was some weird sex thing where the guy was looking to get off in public and liked being bound... You never know these days... Perhaps he had some one with him and they panicked and left after realizing the guy died.

I don't know... I just do not see this as suicide... I really do think there was foul play.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm still gonna go with murder, but I don't think murder for hire......just not condusive to it I think. However, does this mean no more plastic bags in our carry on.? I mean, I thought all of this extra security was for safety.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
who says it was 1 killer?

took 11 or 13 to take out that hamas guy. right?

could have been a couple of people, locking the bathroom for a couple minutes and taking diff flights out.

was this victim dressed like a banger or in armani?

could have been staged for insurance money too.

edit on 15-9-2010 by fooks because: adding more info

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
lol they sure can make murder look like a suicide. until we can get some background on the man, i am sure this was an assassination carried out by yours truly. just look at it, its their style. bag over head, hands bound. this is why you do not mess with the gov't. now be good sheeple and do not question them les you turn out like this guy.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Wait, so you are saying this is an assasination done by the US government? With all due respect, that seems a rather large stretch, considering there is NOTHING to suggest that....

And when you said "Yours truly" it reads as if you are saying that you killed him... I don't think that is how you meant it, but you might want to change that,

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by DOADOA

Wait, so you are saying this is an assasination done by the US government? With all due respect, that seems a rather large stretch, considering there is NOTHING to suggest that....

And when you said "Yours truly" it reads as if you are saying that you killed him... I don't think that is how you meant it, but you might want to change that,

oh i am sorry but i had no idea that if the gov't killed someone they would let people know about it. you're right, if they did it they would of left clues or even their phone number just in case we were wondering. its only an airport you know, the average killer target their victim in intl airport, not like they have cameras everywhere or anything. anybody can park their car in there and not get their plate picture taken or wouldn't be caught on camera when they enter oh no. pure genius.

when i said "yours truly" i meant THE alphabet agency, not pointing any finger or else id end up dead too.

edit on 15-9-2010 by DOADOA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Griselda blanco would have contracted it with a big knife and a beheading .

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

oh i am sorry but i had no idea that if the gov't killed someone they would let people know about it. you're right, if they did it they would of left clues or even their phone number just in case we were wondering. its only an airport you know, the average killer target their victim in intl airport, not like they have cameras everywhere or anything. anybody can park their car in there and not get their plate picture taken or wouldn't be caught on camera when they enter oh no. pure genius.

First of all, calm down. There is no reason to get aggressive. Let's all be polite and lay off the unnecessary sarcasm... This is a friendly website where civil debate is encouraged. Just because I disagree with you does not mean things have to suddenly get ugly. I have been nothing but polite to you, so I would appreciate that you respond in kind. Thank you.

That said, you seem to not understand what I am saying. There simply is no reason to believe that this dead man was onto some government secret and that the government went out and killed him...( Besides, let's be honest... The government would not be so sloppy as to leave a body... The man would simply disappear.)

When I said there was nothing to suggest that the government did it, I meant just that. I did not mean that they would have left clues to suggest they did it, but I think you know exactly what I meant.

Look, I am sure you know of occams razor. All things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually correct. In other words, one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.

So I ask respectfully, what is more likely, This man discovered some kind of amazing government secret, and was on his way to expose it, so they sent some goons out to kill him in an airport bathroom, or that some one he knew had a grudge against him, followed him and killed him?

With all due respect to you and your opinion, I tend to think that the latter is far more likely, and I think most will agree.

Something to keep in mind, is that not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes things really just are as they seem. Sometimes people do just piss off a friend or family member and get killed for it.... I think that as time goes by, we will find that to be the case here.

And take my word for it, if it turns out that this man did find out some amazing secret from the government and he was killed by them before he could tell the world, I will gladly eat my shoe. I do not think I will have to worry about that though, because honestly I think this is one of those cases where common sense and logic will prevail over speculation and conspiracy.

edit on 16-9-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

First of all, calm down. There is no reason to get aggressive. Let's all be polite and lay off the unnecessary sarcasm... This is a friendly website and I have been nothing but polite to you, so I would appreciate that you respond in kind. Thank you.

That said, you seem to not understand what I am saying. There simply is no reason to believe that this dead man was onto some government secret and that the government went out and killed him...( Besides, let's be honest... The government would not be so sloppy as to leave a body... The man would simply disappear.)

When I said there was nothing to suggest that the government did it, I meant just that. I did not mean that they would have left clues to suggest they did it, but I think you know exactly what I meant.

Look, I am sure you know of occams razor. All things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually correct. In other words, one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.

So I ask respectfully, what is more likely, This man discovered some kind of amazing government secret, and was on his way to expose it, so they sent some goons out to kill him in an airport bathroom, or that some one he knew had a grudge against him, followed him and killed him?

With all due respect to you and your opinion, I tend to think that the latter is far more likely, and I think most will agree.

Something to keep in mind, is that not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes things really just are as they seem. Sometimes people do just piss off a friend or family member and get killed for it.... I think that as time goes by, we will find that to be the case here.

And take my word for it, if it turns out that this man did find out some amazing secret from the government and he was killed by them before he could tell the world, I will gladly eat my shoe. I do not think I will have to worry about that though, because honestly I think this is one of those cases where common sense and logic will prevail over speculation and conspiracy.

ahh my apologies. your post questioned my intelligence so i return the favor. as i understand now it wasn't the case. i do apologize.

back to the topic. targeting your victim at the airport is not what you expect from the everyday killer. a killer, no matter how irrational would have picked a better time and place. this being done at the airport lead me to believe his death was urgent. whoever it was, took in his surroundings and picked a perfect moment to execute.

he was tied and killed. tying someone up without a gun pointing at them is not likely without two people. again, this was at the airport, you can't walk around without looking suspicious. if the killer had waited for his victim, he would of been caught on camera and security would have taken notice. airport run on a schedule, you have to be there at a certain time or you shouldn't be there at all. the killer knew everything.

taking in all the factors of his death, which is more likely? the everyday killer or does it seem professional and clean? like a job that has been performed by experienced people?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

My post most certainly was not an attempt to question your intelligence and I apologize that it came across that way. No offense was ever meant.

That said, I do think it is the work of an "every day" killer. Not a professional one. It is clearly premeditated, who ever did it. As I have said in a previous post, how many people do you know that just happen to carry around a rope and a bag everywhere you go?

So I think we can both agree that it was premeditated. Now as to who did it and why, understandably, our opinions are bound to differ, because we both only have a fairly vague article to go off of. It offers no official cause of death. Just that he was found dead, with hands bound and a bag over his head.

I have questioned just how he could be killed in such a public place with out anyone knowing or seeing anything, though really I guess we are not sure if that is the case. The article did not say if there were witnesses or not. I am guessing not though, because the investigators seemed to be pretty clueless.

There are only so many ways for the murdered to have escaped. If it was premeditated ( and it seems to have been) then clearly the murderer knew this man was going to be there.Now to get into the terminal you have to have a ticket and boarding pass, plus get through security.

It is speculation, but it makes sense to me, that the murderer would have bought a ticket for the same plane that this man had and followed him where ever he was headed, in case he missed his chance at LAX. I do not think that he would have bought a plane ticket just to get into the terminal and then just turned around and went home... Too expensive.

I think it would be wise at least to question all people who were set to be on the same flight as the dead man.

Now back to who did it, I think ultimately it will end up that a friend or family member was behind it. If it was done by a professional, I would say that it is more likely a hired hit. So, they need to question this mans family and friends as well, to see if anyone knows anything. To see if he got into a fight with anyone recently, or if anyone held a grudge against him, things like that.

Ultimately though, all either of us can do at this point, is speculate.

On a side note, this page being stretched out like this, is driving me nuts...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

On top of the question of, why use them, I would add, why would the killer leave them? Is it meant to be a calling card of sorts? Perhaps they were put on after the man was dead?

It would be hard to tie up a guy like that. I imagine the man struggling, yelling and all that... If that is the case, I wonder if anyone heard the struggle... In fact, in such a busy place, I wonder how some one could not hear it...

Maybe he was drugged with something and he went to the bathroom because he felt sick, and then was followed in by the killer who finished the job, and perhaps the man was too drugged to put up a fight? I really do not know.

Reading this, I wonder whether this case is connected to that of the MI6-GCHQ worker murdered in his flat owned by 'New Rodina'. (Rodina means 'Motherland' in Russian, so hence, New Russia)

Perhaps this death was MI6's payback, perhaps a hit on the killer, or on an asset of the agency (FSB?) behind the death of the MI6-GCHQ Worker.

The brazen death of this man may have been sanctioned by MI6 as revenge for the MI6 man being found dead in his own flat, a clear security breach.

Perhaps MI6 are saying "You killed our man and left him dead in his flat, we will kill your man in a public place to show you we will kill your men, and are not afraid to do it anywhere, anytime."

The handcuffs and bag over the head if this is the case, is symbolism, literally, "Hello FSB, we caught and bagged your man."

Of course an MI6-FSB war could quickly get out of control, unless there has been a gentleman's agreement that means that now MI6 have their revenge, the FSB will not respond, knowing that a loss of one agent which they would have calculated as being MI6's revenge is counteracted by the success of the original hit on the MI6 worker, who must have been valuable.

If there is no gentlemen's agreements, and this is a MI6-FSB war and not just a gangland hit, expect to see more bodies turn up. Look out for embassy staff of Russia or the UK or closely linked allied countries having near-fatal, or fatal accidents or supposedly commiting suicide.

A pattern of deaths of Russian and British citizens abroad in car accidents. That sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Off Topic. Message removed by moderator.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

So, I would guess that the murder flew away, but where to? My guess at this point without knowing any better is that Terminal 3 only has international flights. I would check all the flights that went to countries with NO extradition treaties with the U.S.

For clarification, I don't believe LAX flies ANY international flights out of terminal 3. The international terminal sits between terminal 3 and terminal 4. I believe that they also fly international out of terminal 6 and 7 via United International. So most likely, if the person did fly out, it would have been a domestic destination.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by harrytuttle

Yeah, it is hard to say why he would have been tied up and have a bag over his head.

My first thought was autoerotic asphyxiation because airport bathrooms are very busy places and it takes awhile for someone to asphyxiate. If someone tied me up and put a bag over my head, I could feign fainting and then when they left, wiggle out of the stall. There's lots of sharp edges there to tear a hole in the bag over my head.

A limp (drugged) body would fall to the ground immediately and the next guy to walk in (or anyone sitting in there) is going to spot someone fallen in a stall. Tearing the bag off the person's head and starting CPR would revive them.

I'm calling it suicide, personally. (edited to add: "I've been in that airport a number of times and in that area. Very busy.")

edit on 16-9-2010 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
my psychic spidey senses are tingling. I'll say Colonel mustard in the...sorry couldn't resist.

My senses say this will be found to be a man tied to Russia or Ukraine. I think this guy was married and his best friend was cheating with his wife. They came up with a plan to "off him" and so the 2 men were flying in on different flights for vacation meeting this wife there. The best friend kills the guy in the bathroom, the wife gets the insurance money and the best friend gets the woman and her new found fortune. That kinda plan is in my crystal ball. It'll all come out eventually.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayedd

For clarification, I don't believe LAX flies ANY international flights out of terminal 3. The international terminal sits between terminal 3 and terminal 4. I believe that they also fly international out of terminal 6 and 7 via United International. So most likely, if the person did fly out, it would have been a domestic destination.

Yes, that is correct, Member harryturtle pointed that out, but thanks

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join