It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Maybe Obama should think about how he made America appear on t.v. He doesn't seem concerned about troop safety with the ROE they have in place, how about next he changes that. Crazy people do crazy things all of the time, like I dont know burn the bible, where is the outrage there?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As I reflect back to watching the Pastor in video clips, I am reminded of his statement that he believed he was directed to burn the Kuran by his god.

If this is true, then either:

1. This pastor's god can change his mind frequently and not fulfill what it says it wants done.
2. This pastor has chosen not to adhere to what his god has directed him to do
3. This pastor heard directives of some other diets / force, and was confused about what his god wanted of him.
4. This pastor wasn't told the big plan, and was only on a need-to-know basis with the greater god plan (which would make the pastor's deity a liar to the pastor).
5. This pastor hasn't heard anything from any alien source, and made it all up to suit his own objectives, and therefore can change his mind about what he wants to do, with whom, and when.

The 15 minutes of fame for this pastor have quickly turned. Now he has the last bit of the 15 minutes of flame.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by hadriana

This is a story that SELLS.

Like the conspiracies about 9/11?

The fact that the 9/11 attacks were not instigated by Muslims has rarely been acknowledged by the Muslim community. Al Qaeda's ongoing relationship to the CIA, its role as a US sponsored "intelligence asset" going back to to the Soviet-Afghan war is not mentioned.
www.globalresearch.ca...

Interesting how so few Muslims talk about that, isn't it? You'd almost think they prefer to see the heat turned up on radical Islam. Maybe that IS what they want and it's really a psyop being perpetrated in collusion with moderate muslims to put them down permanently. Now, what Middle eastern countries would like that idea most? Saudi Arabia? I think so. Yemen? Not so much. Jordan? Well, yes. Iran? Hmmm... no. Israel?

way to complicated... too many twists & turns to try to silence a faction of well supplied/well armed/well financed
renegades-zealots-radicals...

or was their hidden objective to have a 'western' coalition spend Trillion$$...lose thousands of young...need to care for 100s of thousands of wounded.... even as the rogue Islamists/Muslims perservere?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

How much more hate can truly be added against America from the extremists?

Are you afraid that if we burn a book they'll kill soldiers? They're already doing that.

Plan more attacks against civilians in the US and overseas? They're already doing that.

What else could they possibly do with all the hate that's being incited through every single action that anyone ever takes that even remotely involves anything about them?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Another burn has been promised by Westboro Baptist Church

"Westboro Baptist Church to burn Qurans if Dove (Church) doesn't"
www.ocala.com...

They show a video in their website of burning a Quran in 2008.
official website:
www.godhatesfags.com...

Wiki info:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am not shocked by the change of events,though the question should be why did he really change his mind? As much as I did not approve of his action, I would support it, and his right to do it. I find that the entire change of state and the statements all reek of something that does not add up. This bears to follow and pay attention to, and to what the WBC is going to do, if they are going to burn Quar'ans or not. Though the language that is coming from Westboro is more offensive than what the burning of the book would have done, and the Westboro group really knows how to offend people.
However the question must be asked, who is lieing in this aspect. Is the Pastor of the Dove church lieing about the reason for not burning the Quar'an, or is the Imman of the cordova initative? Was the deal, the mosque gets moved and the Quar'an's will not be burnt, and if it was, will the Pastor turn around and burn the holy books out of spite for the lack of an agreement?
There are too many questions about this entire issue that needs to be answered, and something tells me that those answers will not be forth coming or that will satisfy common sense on this matter. I think that we need to take a stand and draw a line in the sand, stating we will not be intimidated and will do as we so choose, to not give into the intimidation of the world, to be a world leader once again, even if it means that we would have to sacrafice our lives, liberty and property in the process.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Maybe Obama should think about how he made America appear on t.v. He doesn't seem concerned about troop safety with the ROE they have in place, how about next he changes that. Crazy people do crazy things all of the time, like I dont know burn the bible, where is the outrage there?

How about some apples to apples here.

Post a source for a Mosque piling up a bunch of bibles and burning them. Go ahead, show us an apples to apples thing.

Then make it really apples to apples and dipslay to us an American Mosque with an American Imam, and American Muslims buring Christian Bibles.

Now since the President is the President of the United States and has NO legal authority over any other nation, let's stop worrying about what head hunters in borneo, and Gishas in Japan, and monks in Tibet are doing.

Most of this is a direct result of us trying to dictate to the rest of the world, something our fore fathers especially did not want us to do.

Grow up already, no Mosque in America is having a Imam conduct a Bible burning. Nor has one ever to my knowledge.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm just wondering. For those of you who believe that burning the book is wrong...do you also think a reasonable response to burning said book, is to KILL ALL AMERICANS? If you don't, do you honestly believe that this is what pushed them over the edge? Like they were fine and loved us until this whole book burning thing came up?

The reality is that these extremists want to control the world in any way possible and we're allowing it to happen because the U.S. is cow towing to them. We can't even draw a picture of Mohamad without everyone freaking out. Why is that ?

Time to take a side:
1. Pick FREEDOM
2. Choose to take the side of the terrorists.

I'll pick FREEDOM every time even when it's not convenient.

edit on 9-9-2010 by jfj123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Nothing but a money grab. Figures.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm guessing all this publicity for Terry Jones is going to land him a lucrative TV ministry or something similar, before we know it. No question he's going to sell more of his books.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this guy, because I don't think it will be long before he shows his true colors.

In fact, with what you posted, maybe his true color is green. Hey! Isn't that the Islamic color too??

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'll type slower this time so you can understand it......I didn't say that there was an American inmam, in an American mosque, burning Bibles. I simply asked when we could expect to see Obama on t.v. asking the muslims to quit burning the Bible. It's not gonna happen........nope, only when an American does something the muslims don't like does he interfere. As far as growing up, I'm grown already, and must say the changes in my country as I've aged are very disturbing.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
I'm just wondering. For those of you who believe that burning the book is wrong...do you also think a reasonable response to burning said book, is to KILL ALL AMERICANS? If you don't, do you honestly believe that this is what pushed them over the edge? Like they were fine and loved us until this whole book burning thing came up?

Not to mention the response:

"It is the duty of Muslims to react. When their holy book Quran gets burned in public, then there is nothing left. If this happens, I think the first and most important reaction will be that wherever Americans are seen, they will be killed. No matter where they will be in the world they will be killed."
— Mohammad Mukhtar, a cleric and candidate for the Afghan parliament.

Remember, this is the Afghanistan we're trying to help.

edit on 9/9/2010 by EsSeeEye because: Formatting

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I *Personally* have been taking heat all day.

Why is it that I always just HAVE to have the UNPOPULAR opinion?

I think this is a sad, sad day. If it had just been social pressure that stopped him, I'd not feel so bad about it.

But I would not like Obama telling my religious leader:

"Don't practice that magick tonight, Chris. The Christians don't like it and it would upset them. Some of them aleady yell suffer not a witch to live and we'd hate to see violence"

And I'm mad as Hades too, because he personally insulted my intelligence. I may not have much, but PLEASE don't tell me that burning a Koran could cause violencecould cause violence in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Free speech came up with wikileaks. Silence the whistleblowers. National Security at stake.
It came up again: Silence the Christian that would burn the Koran National Security at stake.

Yeah, like a stake through the heart of the 1st amendment.
Free speech is dangerous! We need those laws against incitement of religious hatred that Europe has! We need laws against religious hate speech, and speech that criticizes religions!

That's coming soon - you mark my word. There's probably already people calling for such things - things that no one would have dared called for in year's past in America - because any true American with courage KNOWS that crap is wrong for us.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Time to take a side: 1. Pick FREEDOM 2. Choose to take the side of the terrorists. I'll pick FREEDOM every time even when it's not convenient.

Time to read the book. Freedom is Slavery. Actually, the title is 1984. Maybe it's already long past time.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I am pleased to see that this will not happen (although it probably still will happen by others), although I wish he came to the decision to cancel just because he realized it was the right thing to do. You do not fight hate with hate. Church leaders can be very influential, and it pains me to see that they will sometimes use their influence to spread hate and intolerance. A true follower of Jesus' teachings would not do this, be you Christian or Muslim.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm glad this guy is canceling, but he's seriously deluded if he thinks the mosque is moving.

I wonder why he's saying that he made some kind of deal... Here's the conspiracy angle: He made it up so that he could APPEAR to be trying to get along, but then Rauf will "back out" of the "deal" , angering people even more... That's my theory.

Jones, speaking to reporters again later in the afternoon, was adamant that he was promised that the Islamic center would be moved, and said he would be "very, very disappointed" if that didn't happen.

Source

Yeah, all the rabble-rousers will be "very, very disappointed", too. This pastor is a scum bag. Playing the people...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Now that this issue is resolved maybe people can turn to things that really matter, like the economy, actual war efforts (considered from a geostrategic rather than ideological angle), great power international relations, resource security, erosion of the middle class, threats to privacy and individual liberties, balooning public debt...stuff like that.

Sorry to say it, guys, but this whole mosque-in-manhattan/Quaran-burining-in-Florida thing is the fringe/conspiracy world's version of Lindsay Lohan news. It saddens me to see my fellow tinfoil hatters caught up in this nonsense when there are so many *REAL* issues that need urgent attention...

edit on 9/9/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

I'll type slower this time so you can understand it......I didn't say that there was an American inmam, in an American mosque, burning Bibles. I simply asked when we could expect to see Obama on t.v. asking the muslims to quit burning the Bible. It's not gonna happen........nope, only when an American does something the muslims don't like does he interfere. As far as growing up, I'm grown already, and must say the changes in my country as I've aged are very disturbing.

So you admit that no Muslims in America are buring Bibles at Mosques because their Imam told them too.

Now since we live in America, and Obama was asking an American citizen to rethink his decision, why don't you wait until you actually have an apple to apple situation and an Imam asks his congregation here in America to burn Bibles and then see how the President reacts to that.

Now because Obama is not President of the World you have as much power as he does to ask people in other countries not to do something as he does.

Of course they might not take you seriously when they see you favor burning their Quran!

Now I imagine it dissapoints you that even as other Christian Churches seem to consider wanting to burn Qurans on the 11th to, that no Mosques here in America made any calls to burn bibles.

Hey isn't that odd, the by and large very peaceful law abiding and tax paying Muslims in this country didn't want to burn bibles in retaliation???

Say good bye to the moral high ground you have yet to gain.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Why are we only discussing America? Obama wasn't worried about the muslims here, but rather those abroad....seems if he is out to appease the ones there, maybe he could try also appeasing Americans here.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Thanks, I did read the whole thing. ATS mods frown upon pasting too much.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join