It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

This has nothing to do with "terrorists" (except the "preacher himself). He did not stop his idiotic plans because of threats.

"We are canceling the event because they have agreed to move the ground zero mosque,"

edition.cnn.com...=aTPYvJRZqnO&wom=false

Why when he clearly states why he is doing this, would you state that he is giving into terrorists?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

Not a fake reason at all, why not ask the muslims to put on their big boy pants instead? Nope, far easier for him to ask an American to give up his rights.......hell just about everyone in the world spoke on this before him, it could have been stopped long ago. However, the preacher accomplished his goal without striking a match...he proved what animals they are, and what a whimp our president is.......maybe one day he can put on his big boy pants and do the job he lied his way in to. Epic Fail, and I hope he and his party truely suffer in the poles come nov........and after the dems don't have control anymore hopefully they move on an impeachment. He has further emboldened our enemies with his cowardice..

edit on 9-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Could you please provide a source for your contention that this "preacher" gave in to terrorists? Thank you in advance.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

He shouldn't have cancelled it. He should have demonstrated the spirit of the US constitution, the freedom of speech. I really do not like leaving the precedence for cancelling it by the pressure of all kinds of the "defenders" of the US constitution.

To show them that we don't give a "$hit" about Koran.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Right underneath that though is this:

"I am glad that Pastor Jones has decided not to burn any Qurans. However, I have not spoken to Pastor Jones or Imam Musri. I am surprised by their announcement. We are not going to toy with our religion or any other. Nor are we going to barter. We are here to extend our hands to build peace and harmony."

www.cnn.com...

Reading the whole article in it's entirety is really advisable!

Rauf is though keeping his options open and it's important to note that this Community Center is in the very early planning stages, no permits have been applied for, no architectural plans have been filed with city hall, they don't even have the money to build it yet.

So like much of the Islamic World has reacted quickly to the Pastor of a Church possibly burning Qurans as stated he wants to, much of the Christian and other Americans have really over reacted to a proposed community center.

On behalf of Rome I now declare both sides even!

Please play nice everyone, my thinning and receding hairline really can't take much more of this bickering.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I'm not so sure the radicals know the difference.

Yes but which do you think will add more fuel to the fire of hate for America? A cartoon or a Christian "crusader" burning the book they consider Holy?

Besides, I am far more concerned about the billions of non-radical Muslims. The Koran is Holy to them as well. For instance if there were a group of crazy Christians blowing stuff up burning the Bible would offend them just as much as the rest of Christians.

Why's everyone so worried about incitement?

Maybe it has something to do with having troops stationed in nations that are predominantly Muslim and the fact we don't want them retaliated against. I don't know about you but I don't want any Americans or innocent people of any nation hurt on account of some nutjob. Self-Expression, even book burning, is protected by the Constitution but that doesn't make it a smart idea. I'm glad he came to his senses and canceled the event.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The preacher didn't, Obama did, by even getting on t.v. and asking an American citizen to give up his rights..........He just emboldened our enemies and doesn't really seem to care.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

The preacher didn't, Obama did, by even getting on t.v. and asking an American citizen to give up his rights..........He just emboldened our enemies and doesn't really seem to care.

That's an interesting way to equate cautioning someone on the wisdom of their actions.

You have the right to drive your car, provided you have a valid license (an agreement to break the law since the government can not regulate your egress and regress between point a and b per the constitution) you have the right to drive your car drunk, and the police have a right to give you a ticket for that.

You have the right to tell a 7'4 350 pound former boxer his girlfriend is ugly, he has the right to turn around and deck you.

You can tell him all day long you have the right to free speech, and you know what with a witness you might even be able to press charges if he hit you first.

His girlfriend will still be ugly though, and you will still have a black eye, and be missing a couple teeth.

You have the right to sue him for your dental work, he has the right to be poor and not pay the judgement.

Yeah keep pretending doing really dumb things is about rights, it's about politics, pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Again, he had to say something. If he didn't, people would be whining about how he is spineless he is.

For your benefit, I found the entire quote from Obama:

"If he's listening, I just hope he understands that what he's proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans; that this country has been built on the notions of religious freedom and religious tolerance," Obama said. "And as a very practical matter, as commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform who are in Iraq, who are in Afghanistan. We're already seeing protests against Americans just by the mere threat that he's making."

Obama added: "Look, this is a recruitment bonanza for al-Qaeda. You know, you could have serious violence in places like Pakistan and Afghanistan. This could increase the recruitment of individuals who would be willing to blow themselves up in American cities or European cities."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Could you please show me where he violated this "preacher's" rights?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Total fricking insanity- the whole thing!

I'm not much for burning books myself, but I was kind of excited to see some testicles once again hanging under what can only be a man willing to stand up to the streaming hokus pokus of it all.

...and to hear the GIBBERISH that the cancellation has nothing to do with free speech - ludicrous. Various comments hint to the death threats, the "pressure" from the corpgov, fidgeting Muslims and wriggling Catholics. wtf?

It has everything to do with the 1st Amendment. CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW... Okay, one may well raise the simple statement that no law was made to cancel- sure. But when the 501(c)3 tax exempt status is taken (if the pastor was foolish enough to get one), the IRS audits, the sneaking ninjas in beards creeping into the house...

WHAT KIND OF UNION IS THIS?! Is this a union of laws, or are we subjects of Pressure Princes and Principalities? When Rosa Parks stands in the creek we hail her. When someone asks a uniformed pirate with a shiny badge what his probable cause is, we hail him. When this spineless 501(c)3 minion buckles under the pressure and does what Jack Ruby directs him, we also praise him too?

Now, before someone goes and says I'm a brooding anti-Muslim, let me state: I believe the pastor should have included with the Quran a US flag, a Tanach, a Bible, the Book or Mormon and 26 USC. He should have handed out placebo "red pill"s to attendees and worn a Tshirt with a large erect middle finger on it for the news cameras.

He should have hired a "trim coordinator" as well to hire bikini-clad dancers dressed as cow girls to ride boars through the garden.

It's everything to do with free expressions and the absolute irresolute denial of Congress to have any say in it whatsoever.

The outcomes of this story should appall everyone. Not only does corpgov exert pressure on free expression, but they are incapable of fulfilling their mandate to keep this man safe from harm: "...certain unalienable rights, among these are Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted..."

WHO IS FOOLISH ENOUGH TO CONTINUE TO GIVE CONSENT TO THIS CABAL?

Both the Pastor, the International Brotherhood of Muhammad as well as the entirety of the Federal Government should get front page on FAIL BLOG for this one.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

This is a story that SELLS.

Like the conspiracies about 9/11?

The fact that the 9/11 attacks were not instigated by Muslims has rarely been acknowledged by the Muslim community. Al Qaeda's ongoing relationship to the CIA, its role as a US sponsored "intelligence asset" going back to to the Soviet-Afghan war is not mentioned.
www.globalresearch.ca...

Interesting how so few Muslims talk about that, isn't it? You'd almost think they prefer to see the heat turned up on radical Islam. Maybe that IS what they want and it's really a psyop being perpetrated in collusion with moderate muslims to put them down permanently. Now, what Middle eastern countries would like that idea most? Saudi Arabia? I think so. Yemen? Not so much. Jordan? Well, yes. Iran? Hmmm... no. Israel?

I'm pretty sure most Mormons DO consider themselves Christian.

About Mormons re: Jesus, there's a slight difference of opinions there. Jesus ISN'T God Himself.

How was Jesus born?

According to Mormon theology, Jesus is the literal son of god and his goddess wife. He was born through physical sexual relations with Mary. Brigham Young taught that Jesus was not born with any involvement of the Holy Spirit.

And...

According to the Bible, Jesus is not the literal son of god and his goddess wife. He was not born through sexual relations. Mary was a virgin was Jesus was born. There is no such thing as a goddess wife. Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:20).
www.mmoutreachinc.com...

Now where's that old copy of Dan Brown's book? :lol

edit on 9/9/10 by masqua because: BB Code

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Despite admitting to CBS in an interview a day earlier that his actions would almost certainly offend all the world's Muslims, Jones insisted Wednesday morning that his "warning" was "geared towards radical Islam," followers of which he claimed were trying to gain control and impose Muslim law in the United States.

"We see its influence around the world. We are sending a message to them that we don't want them to do as they appear to be doing in
Europe," Jones told CBS. "We want them to know if they're in America, they need to obey our law and constitution and not slowly push their agenda upon us."

www.cbsnews.com...

It was only intended as a message to radical Muslims, yet he wanted to burn the holy book of ALL Muslims. This guy is a real winner. If he is so worried about radical Islam, why doesn't he head on over to Afghanistan?

link   

He asked him not to do it.......that's the point. As well, when are we going to see Obama ask the muslims not to burn the bible or our flag as they may upset Americans?

link   
I was just wondering...since I can't draw a picture of the Profit, or paint him.....

How would the statue of Liberty look with a cut off nose and a burka on?
Maybe Americans would prefer to see that than a burnt Koran.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Sir, I believe you're misconstruing what you call, "our enemies" here. People who live on the other side of the planet and sleep on rocks I do not consider my enemy. If, as you say, the Executive of corpgov is asking someone to "give up his rights".... I think you might want to reflect upon that a little more.

According to the Dec of Indep, Rights are inalienable (you can't be separated from them). If someone asks you to "give up" rights, they are either 1. stupid and don't know any better, or 2. creating an illusion that you can be separated from them. In all actuality, according to the Dec of Indep, all that could happen is that he would choose not to exercise his rights.

Therefore, the Executive becomes either an errant dumblet without cause to raise an eyebrow, or someone attempting to stifle your reality (a psychological enemy). Might want to ponder who and what and importantly why regarding your "enemies."

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

HA HA HA

Now what is he going to do with all those Qurans he and his church bought?

all that money spent on Qurans goes towards muslim and islamic foundations, right?

pastor terry jones

edit on 9-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: add plug for pastor terry jones book

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by jfj123

This has nothing to do with "terrorists" (except the "preacher himself). He did not stop his idiotic plans because of threats.

"We are canceling the event because they have agreed to move the ground zero mosque,"

edition.cnn.com...=aTPYvJRZqnO&wom=false

Why when he clearly states why he is doing this, would you state that he is giving into terrorists?

The imam for the mosque, claims there is no deal as described.
Oh and by the way, he was visited by the FBI today. Wonder how that conversation went ?

link   

He did not. He asked him to think about the consequences of his actions. Something his mother should have taught him long ago.

link   
When one give up another stand in his place.

"Westboro Baptist Church to burn Qurans if Dove doesn't"
www.ocala.com...

They show a video in their website of burning a Quran in 2008.
official website:
www.godhatesfags.com...

Wiki info:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Terry Jones, the controversial pastor in Gainesville, Florida who is calling for an"International Burn A Koran Day" on September 11, may have a personal motive for inflaming national hatred of Muslims: lining his own pocket. Jones and his wife Sylvia operate a Web site called Islamisofthedevil.com that sells mugs, hats and T-shirts bearing the words "Islam is of the Devil," as well as copies of a book he authored titled Islam is of the Devil: Know the Spiritual Truths That Will Bring the Christian Church Back to its God-Given Position. The couple also operates furniture business out of their church, the Dove World Outreach Center. Jones' most recent tax return, from 2006, says that program services account for 30.5 percent of the church's expenses, and "Administrative costs" account for 69.5 percent.The Dove World Church building itself is also for sale for $2.9 million. Jones' church lost part of its tax-exempt status this spring, after an appraiser determined the church had to pay property taxes on the 1,700 square feet of the building that Jones uses for his for-profit business.

prwatch.org...

And now it all makes sense. Nothing but a money grab. Figures.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join