It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You hit the nail on the head. I find it interesting that many of the same people who rant about "personal responsibility" are now only talking about others' actions, and using them to justify their own.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What can be learned from this controversy? The current administration has gone to great lengths to condemn and ultimately stop this act of free speech.

What does that say about our government?

The administration pressured the Pastor Terry Jones to ‘stop the show’ because they FEARED Muslim violence.

But those same cowards have not uttered a word in all the years about all the other ‘non-Muslim’ religious acts of degradation, like that of the image of Jesus being placed in urine!

When it comes down to it, maybe we can learn from the Muslims!

The government does not fear the American people here,
but it does fear the Muslims a world away.

What does Obama, Clinton, and BetrayUs feel?
Fear of Muslims and no fear of US.

Whose fault is that!

It is not right for the leaders to fear our enemy and silence our own.

That is capitulation and betrayal!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Wel that guy is the only one who wont be burning one but i will be along with a bunch of others!! We're gonna call in local media too right before we do it....

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
What was the Koran-burning stunt supposed to show to the world?

That a Quran is made of paper and can burn.
Beyond that, this is just a stunt in the vein of other types of gutter politics.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If you dont know, you shouldnt even be asking the question.

Originally posted by lee anoma

Beyond that, this is just a stunt in the vein of other types of gutter politics.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleSam55
What can be learned from this controversy? The current administration has gone to great lengths to condemn and ultimately stop this act of free speech.

They "condemned" it, as should any responsible leader respectful of the variety of religious groups that reside in the land of the free.

He is the one that chose to stop it.
No one forced him to do a damn thing.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Around here we are going to burn an image of Muhammad in effige along with the burning of hundreds of copies of the Koran. Its going to be video'd, youtubed, media called in etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Originally posted by lee anoma

- Lee

If you dont know, you shouldnt even be asking the question.

I answered the question.
It's a publicity stunt.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Has it been mentioned this Pastor has only 30 followers?

Who gave this guy a platform?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
30 aint nothing and what he was gonna do aint nothing. We're gonna burn a bunch of Korans!

Originally posted by Annee

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleSam55

I have no idea what you are talking about. Obama went to great lengths to stop this? Actually he finally said something after this was in the media for days. I am quite certain he only finally said something because his advisers asked him to. Nobody's freedom was taken away; the fake Christian said he would not burn the Koran after he got the publicity he was looking for.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

30 aint nothing and what he was gonna do aint nothing. We're gonna burn a bunch of Korans!

Some people just need to be ignored.

Carry on.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

The Muslim groups who will make money off your purchases will thank you, I am sure.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You hit the nail on the head. I find it interesting that many of the same people who rant about "personal responsibility" are now only talking about others' actions, and using them to justify their own.

Thanks my friend, what is clearly hysterical here, is it's this pastor who appears to be engaged in extortion.

Move the location of the Park 51 Community Center in New York City and my church won't burn your Qurans.

I wonder if after what has been weeks of international controversy over that two, a pastor who sells Islam is the Devil Merchandise that he makes in his own church, would really be the one to 'negotiate' a move of this Community Center after the Mayor of New York City, the Governor and the President all weighed in on that too.

This is perhaps the biggest media manipulation I have seen since 9-11, with drama like this:

A Florida pastor who called off a Quran burning said late Thursday he would "rethink our position" after a Muslim leader said the minister incorrectly announced that the proposed Islamic center near New York's ground zero would be moved as part of a deal.

www.cnn.com...

Notice how CNN does not quote or name the Muslim leader but states that the Minister incorrectly announced a meeting with Rauf regarding a promise to move the Park 51 project.

Now behold!

They quote the pastor to say:

"I am actually very disappointed and very shocked because if this turns out to be true, he [Musri] clearly, clearly lied to us," Jones said Thursday evening.

www.cnn.com...

So now the Pastor who sells anti-Islam merchandise who claims to have accomplished what no other person in the world could by using the threat of extortion of burning Qurans in otherwords hoping to terrorize Rauf into moving his project wants to make Rauf out to be a liar to boot.

So now the Pastor wants to "Punish" Rauf for not falling for his "extortion" and his own attempts to make Muslims in America and around the world fearful that a rising tide of anti-Muslim sentiment in America is a threat to them and where they practice their religion and how.

To fall prey to any little pastor of any little church who wants to burn Qurans who will then dictate to them where they can have Mosques?

This is about the most un-American behavior you could imagine considering the nation is supposed to be founded on seperation of church and state.

Americans terrorizing other Americans with threat of defamation and desecration as to where they can pray?

So the Pastor himself is lying, using extortion and terrorism tactics, going back and forth on his word, and the media is being complicit in it's own reporting this pitiful excuse for a snake oil salesman is manipulating.

All based on his own threats to do something if he isn't rewarded with what he wants in return.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Books were free....book fairs are happening all the time =)

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by princeofpeace

The Muslim groups who will make money off your purchases will thank you, I am sure.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks for paying attention. =)

Some people just need to be ignored.

Carry on.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I suspect that this whole NON-STORY is being promoted by 'the left' in the same way the NON-STORY about the 'terror mosque' is being promoted by 'the right'. It is a carefully placed and groomed story meant to motivate their respective base.

With the 'terror-mosque' story, it gets all the Faux-idiots out to the polls in november. This 'idiot with a mustache' is the same thing, meant to motivate those on the 'left' to go out and vote against these sorts of idiots.

Thats the only way i can see how an idiot in florida is news. i mean, have you been to Florida? Racist, ignorant idiots are pretty commonplace there.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

I suspect that this whole NON-STORY is being promoted by 'the left' in the same way the NON-STORY about the 'terror mosque' is being promoted by 'the right'.

Huh?

OK - I know this is a conspiracy site - - but not buying that one.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Jones is a pretty busy guy - just heard he sells furniture on Ebay

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join