It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Chill my friend. All we're perpetrating is a bit of 'slap and tickle' about your favourite religion!

Christianity is NOT my favorite religion.
It is my ONLY religion or faith.

And Islam plays no part in Christianity
and likewise Christianity plays no part in Islam.

Yet, they will worship together under
one roof at ground zero.

I doubt that. One or more faiths
will get the shaft in that deal.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Yeah, and for the record - Christ and the Profit weren't alive at the same time.

And of the two, the Profit became a local leader, with wives and wealth.

And Christ -well, he got crucified beside two thieves he died loving & forgiving.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by satnav_c-1

"bring them peace and happiness", huh?

Telegraph article

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Congrats Mr. Obama (you certainly don't deserve to be called president anymore).....How many freedoms and rights do the American citizens have to give up in order to have a false sense of security? You did a huge diservice to our country by begging a little preacher not to burn the book of a group of people stuck in the 12th century, on t.v. no less. Where is the outrage from anyone about the flag burning and bible burning, commited by these same backwards people from the religion of peace, wow I think I threw up in my mouth just saying that. May you, Mr. Obama have it on your head when the next attacks around the word occur as you have further emboldened the enemy by your cowardice. Epic Fail.............hopefully, this time you have put the final nail in the coffin of liberal every where in the country, as your actions today have proven you to be not fit for office, again, how many freedoms do we give up........You have the Patriot Act, Homeland Scurity, all of the liberties taken from us during air travel and when dealing with the courts.....should have known you'd go after the freedom of speech.........rot in hell, you surely deserve it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Does anyone realise that this is just PURE media manipulation by the usual suspects? As PsyOps goes, it's simple, but effective.

You're not alone in these thoughts. In fact, you're in good company.

The rhetoric was ramping up even before the 'Dove' book burning threat:

The rising tide of xenophobia, sparked by the proposed Ground Zero mosque and community center, has all the appearances of a PSYOP (Psychological Operation) which contributes to fomenting hatred against Muslims throughout the Western World.
www.globalresearch.ca...

I'm glad he's desisted in this public charade, but the seeds have already been sowed and we are seeing individuals taking over for them right here in this thread. What's next, good Christians? Burning the Old Testament and the Torah? Crosses on lawns? Another Krystal Nacht?

...what is now unfolding is a generalized process of demonization of an entire population group.

Muslims are increasingly the object of routine discrimination and ethnic profiling. They are considered a potential threat to national security. The threat is said to be "much closer to home", "within your neighborhood". In other words what is unfolding is an all out witch-hunt reminiscent of the Spanish inquisition.

Oh, really? Wait... is that the nose on my face? Wow, never seen it before.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/528f0a453268.jpg[/atsimg]

Go git em', tigers. There's oil in them dar dunes.

link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Umm, Obama simply asked him not to do it. Along with many other people, including the general in charge in Afghanistan, where Americans are in the line of fire. Where does it say that this so-called preacher called off his foolishness because of Obama?

And Homeland Security and the Patriot Act were not started by Obama.

edit on 9-9-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by hadriana

Try replying to the right post, I have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Heh - I'd given you a star, dude. ITA with you, that's all.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Cartoon network, Danish Cartoonist, Salmon Rushdie, Cartman...

There's a big difference between poking fun of a religion or criticizing its tenants and hate speech. Burning a book that all Muslims consider Holy in order to make a statement against a radical fringe extremist sect of the same religion is just plain stupid.

While I fully supported the man's right to burn whatever books he wants I'm also glad he decided against going through with it.

One Christian with an amazingly dumb idea hopefully learning his lesson.

link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Why would our president ask someone to give up their rights Again, he's a loser........and didn't he continue the patriot act?

link   
reply to post by masqua

Of course it couldn't just be a story about a town hick pastor intent on a little redneck book burning. Noooooo, it has to all be part of a massive media conspiracy against a peace loving people.

BS, crock thereof.

Anyhoo, last time I checked, the media bias is against christianity not Islam, Fox excluded of course.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Oops, guess we both have to work on our communication skills

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

With freedom of speech, I could call you all the worst names in the dictionary and verbally harass you... Many honorable people will tell me to be quiet because it is the right thing to do, not because they want to take away my rights.

You just hate the President, and want to create another reason to hate him more, even if it is a fake reason.

edit on 9-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Cartoon network, Danish Cartoonist, Salmon Rushdie, Cartman...

There's a big difference between poking fun of a religion or criticizing its tenants and hate speech. Burning a book that all Muslims consider Holy in order to make a statement against a radical fringe extremist sect of the same religion is just plain stupid.

I'm not so sure the radicals know the difference. They advocated violence in ALL those cases. Murder edicts, ect.

Personally, I think even hate speech should be protected. I'm pretty sure, in fact, that was exactly what was meant to be protected the most, as in
I HATE THAT FREAKING KING AND HIS FREAKING TAXES AND I'M GONNA GET MY GUN AND FIGHT
DEATH TO TYRANTS!

They said that, you know. The people that WROTE that amendment. DEATH to TYRANTS

Why's everyone so worried about incitement?
If someone yells KILL THE ****s, heck, I'm gonna just run right out and do that, right?

Because as a human being, I am SUCH a herd animal, I'm just going to do whatever the loudest voice says to do.

I'm NOT going to draw a picture of The Prophet.
I'm going to draw a picture of cowering, scared Americans.

edit on 9-9-2010 by hadriana because: typos

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Because it was the right thing to do. He did not order the "pastor" to stop, he didn't threaten to put him in a FEMA re-education camp, he asked him to do the right thing. People expect their leaders to weigh in on issues like this. Notice how long it took Obama to say something? Likely because his advisers finally begged him to say something, since this is eating up the media and the public.

He did continue the Patriot Act. Probably harder for him to stop it than it was for Bush to start it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Even though I have nothing against muslims I think this Preacher is a wimp. He got silenced by the people this protest was intended for. The radical extremist terrorist. I think its sad that he gave in so easily. So in regard to that I myself am going to burn a Quran on saturday in protest to this failed protest, and put it on youtube for all to see. Hell I might even throw in a bible to be burned also.

link   
Well this is good news. I commend the pastor for having the good sense to change his mind.

I also see Imam Rauf is softening his stance a bit too on the Controversial Park 51 Community Center in New York City, and while he hasn't stated he will move it, or that he is meeting with the Pastor as reported, he has said had he known how much controversy it would cause he would have likely proceeded by a different path since he is looking to create unity not divisions.

Donald Trump has waded in with his giant sized ego and check book offering 25% more than the Park 51 Land is worth in an attempt to avert any future controversy that way.

Now if we could just get the angry distracted people of America to focus on some real issues, and the people of ATS back to discussing conspiracies and trying to debunk them life might actually still work out for the best.

People have traditionally always looked for heros and champions to promote their causes, and in my humble opinion the pastor has moved from a zero closer to a hero in calling off this very divisive act.

Sometimes you have to give to get, and you sure can kill a lot more flies with honey than vinegar, and I think this whole episode might likewise engourage Rauf to move his Community Center project as a sign of good faith and tit for tat reconcilliation.

Both would have a right to do these things, the Pastor and the Imam but both hopefully will come to realize that having a right doesn't always mean it's going to be the right thing to do.

That's not bowing to terrorism, that's bowing to wisdom.

edit on 9/9/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: We may never know it's a conspiracy site, theories anyone?

link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Of course it couldn't just be a story about a town hick pastor intent on a little redneck book burning. Noooooo, it has to all be part of a massive media conspiracy against a peace loving people.

Yeah... hick pastor and world-wide coverage. That's, like, a few more than CNN or FOX. Amazing how this little church holy book burning thing got so big that presidents, prime ministers and politicians all over the world got involved. Even the pope, for crying out loud. Yes... that hick pastor sure got his few days of fame, didn't he? Pure luck, as you would have it. Pure gold for pushing an agenda, wasn't it?

BS, crock thereof.

Clever.

Anyhoo, last time I checked, the media bias is against christianity not Islam, Fox excluded of course.

Yes. Rupert Murdoch is such a good Christian, of course. Same with Beck, right? Oh, wait... he's a Mormon.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Paster cancells Quran burning

-- Rev. Terry Jones of World Outreach Center in Florida says he is canceling Quran burning event on Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-9-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

What a shame

I guess it's ok for terrorists to dictate policy and action within the borders of the United States of America.
What a sad day !

Well if it helps, I'll burn one and also depict mohamad doing a keg stand in a kilt and a bra while wearing a catholic cross around his neck.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Making money is no secret conspiracy. The news saw ratings and people tuning in.
Can't deny that - this thread is moving FAST. Look at the coverage this got on TWITTER.
This is a story that SELLS.

Ok - as for Beck being Mormon and not Christian you say?....don't care for the man much, but I'm pretty sure most Mormons DO consider themselves Christian.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join