It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What was the Koran-burning stunt supposed to show to the world? That there are religious zealot numbsculls in America as well? Almost everyone around the world knows the problem with Radical Islamism and the brainless idiots that it attracts - but this is not the way to highlight that fact. The best way to combat it is to prove that you stand on the high moral ground and don't have to sink as low as some flag-burning, threat-spewing and rioting scum. Ultimately this pastor was just seeking attention and publicity, and no doubt a stun like this would attract some sympathizers. One should not support such idiocy though, even if you are against Radical Islamism.

I am not American, and I really don't care if Obama is right to interfere or even voice an opinion on the matter or not. But everyone should realize that attention-whores like the said pastor are simply playing you and your emotions. Koran-burning would not prove anything of value to anyone. Will you get ahead in the war of terror? No. Will you convert any Islamists? No. Will you cause a chain reaction of stupidity and pointless rioting and violence by hordes of Islamist idiots? Yes. How is that going to be of value to you?

Certainly no one should concede or cower to express your view because Islamic radicalists might start to riot over it. But if you do it, make sure you at least make an intelligent or moral stand when you do it, and gain something of value from taunting the scum on the opposing side. Let them focus their effors on making fools of themselves.

edit on 9-9-2010 by maloy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

Its crazy. 50 people threatening to burn the Koran vs. thousands of people out for American blood as the reaction to it. Condemnation for 50 people church and excuses for the thousands calling for the death of innocent people.

People always say Islam is a religion of peace yet there is always this fanatical violent reaction from many of them. Seems contrary to what is supposed to be about.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Looks like it's not actually cancelled.......seems he feels he was lied to by the muslims he supposedly made a deal with about the mosque......gonna be in the news forever.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Jones/Palin 2012?

I second that emotion!

(And you're probably right. Jones would never take a back-seat to a woman!)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Rackspace shut his website down.
forums.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Agreed
I wish I had a better way to say this but the ability to think before responding is what seperates us from animals. Please all understand I'm not calling Muslims animals, but it seems it does'nt take much for the more violent among them to get whipped into a frenzy. Some rational thought might be in order.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
One Christian, effectively silenced.

I am just SO thrilled.

Who's next?
Cartoon network, Danish Cartoonist, Salmon Rushdie, Cartman...

"christian' is a debatable monicor for someone so filled with hate and ignorance.

'silenced' is hardly an accurate description. No one has silenced him. In fact, his words have been broadcast around the world.

Nope, he's just an idiot who got some free media attention but didnt know how to use it.

I would go burn a pile of bibles on his lawn if i had the time and money.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
LOL. Maybe the deal was, don't burn any Qurans, and you won't die.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
I think it is funny how muslims demand religous tolerance and have no problem burning flags and bibles, but have no tolerence of their own.

Pretty telling, IMO.

Telling, indeed.

Yeah, except that just about EVERYONE has condemned this idotic act, from Christians, the top Generals, to jews, to muslims,,,

this attempt of yours and others to pretend this was about 'muslim' pressure are either VERY ignorant, or are intentionally bending the issue.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Seems it's not cancelled afterall, just postponed. Seems he feels lied to about the mosque moving and now may go ahead and do it anyway. I bet the federal government does step in now and stop him if he tries to go ahead with it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-9-2010 by adifferentbreed because: added link

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow! with all the press this is getting, what would happen if someone wanted to burn a Book Of Mormon??? Would we have to face terrorists, who were extremely polite, and well dressed??? (sic)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech

Agreed
I wish I had a better way to say this but the ability to think before responding is what seperates us from animals. Please all understand I'm not calling Muslims animals, but it seems it does'nt take much for the more violent among them to get whipped into a frenzy. Some rational thought might be in order.

Here let me do it for you.

Any religious nut job of any religion that honor kills their own child
for a minor offense like associating with ppl of the book is an animal,
and should wear a bacon Burqa .

To hell with these radical fruit cakes.

We do not need a new dark ages and the Islam apologists can go jump off a short pier.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I like the way you think
Hmm, a bacon burka may come in handy while hiking. Only gets better the longer your in the sun. I love me some bacon!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
This stinks...a lot.

Feds met with him earlier today....

Possible "deals"

Adding in Donald Trump....

Now the developer of the mosque is saying it is not being moved...

Anyone know what else is going on in the world? This smells of distraction or set up.

Well there is the fact that this is all going down on a) 9/11 , b) last day of Muslim holy time and c) when we are redirecting troops out of Iraq and on to new "threats"

edit on 9/9/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You are just playing games, right? I cannot believe you don't get it after this long. He is not worried about "a bunch of foreigners." He is worried about Americans abroad, including soldiers, who will be in the line of fire of angry extremists.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I agree with you. It would have been wrong for him to burn the Koran as a "memorial" to 9/11. But he never planned to go through with it. This fake pastor, fake Christian just wanted the publicity and the cash.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Thousands out of a billion Muslims. Pretty small percentage. I love how people generalize.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Wow! with all the press this is getting, what would happen if someone wanted to burn a Book Of Mormon??? Would we have to face terrorists, who were extremely polite, and well dressed??? (sic)

No you would have to give ten percent of your income, give up ciggarettes and caffine!

Now are you really prepared to go without coffee?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If all of this is true, and I hope it is, how much do people want to bet many Muslims will still burn US flags? Any takers?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
If all of this is true, and I hope it is, how much do people want to bet many Muslims will still burn US flags? Any takers?

One day (and it won't be too soon) people will figure out (finally) it's not about what other people are doing, it's about what you are doing.

If you want people to drive your world and your life, and set your agenda and goals for you then by all means react to every little thing, every body does.

If you want to be in control of your own life and world, the only person you really need to worry about, consider, or judge is you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join