It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Jesus Christ did for anyone that might accept

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You are not without sin. Everyone sins daily. Everyone needs to repent daily.

My Brother, do you propose to know when I repent and when I do not?
Only one man knows this, and it is me.
Do you propose to know how often I Sin?
Only one man knows this, and it is me.

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalThe reason you are a "wolf" is because you are claiming Jesus Christ and teaching contrary to His Word.

Again, I am not teaching anything. I do not want anyone to subscribe to my point of view. I am only sharing it. I ask others to share theirs with Love.

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalThat makes you a false teacher. Your father was the first created thing to challenge God's Word.

"Yea, hath God said…?" Genesis 3:1

Again, I am not a teacher. However, as it is you who seeks to teach, teach me. What is Gods Word?

With love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
grab your Bible and Quote me the testament I have written in it. If you find one written in my name, I will leave and never return. If you cannot, stop falsely accusing me.

It’s not about scripture written in your name inside the bible it’s about you saying things that are opposite as to what is taught in the scripture… things like your following statement:

Christ did not have to die.

This is diametrically opposite to what is taught all through the scripture. There are many individuals and denominations that profess Christ and all have things they disagree on but I have not heard one say “Christ did not have to die.” One of the foundations of Christ’s teachings is that He came to die and it was necessary for Him die. Based on that one statement you made everything else you say cannot be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
This is diametrically opposite to what is taught all through the scripture. There are many individuals and denominations that profess Christ and all have things they disagree on but I have not heard one say “Christ did not have to die.” One of the foundations of Christ’s teachings is that He came to die and it was necessary for Him die. Based on that one statement you made everything else you say cannot be taken seriously.

Ahhh I see now where the resistance is met. Yes, that is contrary to what is taught in scripture, and what is taught about scripture.

Like scripture, I wrote it that way to convey a deeper meaning. To shake up thought processes. To get your attention so to speak. I did not do this out of any attempt to deceive, I assure you.

So, let me elaborate a bit on that.

Christ did not have to die. He did not, if the time was right for him to not have to die. It wasn't however, so he did. He knew the time was not right, and he knew he would have to make the sacrifice. But, the lesson is there, the seed is planted, should similar circumstances find Christ today, we better not let him die or his first sacrifice would have been in vain!

He taught a lesson of Brotherly love. He said to his people, I will die, your too weak to stand up on your own now, but LEARN from this!

Love all, and those you love, do not let harm come their way.

That out of the way, can I get some Brotherly Love yet?

Your Brother

[edit on 6-9-2010 by IAMIAM]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yes, that is contrary to what is taught in scripture, …I wrote it that way to convey a deeper meaning. To get your attention so to speak. I did not do this out of any attempt to deceive, I assure you.

So you wrote something that you knew wasn’t according to scripture (that wasn’t true) to convey a deeper meaning (which you have failed to do) and to get a response…. Sounds deceptive to me.

Christ did not have to die. …. He knew the time was not right, and he knew he would have to make the sacrifice.

You make no sense…

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

So you wrote something that you knew wasn’t according to scripture (that wasn’t true) to convey a deeper meaning (which you have failed to do) and to get a response…. Sounds deceptive to me.

Then I have failed in my attempts to convey my meaning. For that I am sorry Brother, I tried. I see now that I will need to stick strictly to scripture with you. It was a communication error on my part, it won't happen again. I assure you my intention was not to deceive, but to reveal. If you can accept my apology, we can move on.

You make no sense…

And, when I think I failed, SUCCESS! Thats exactly it my Brother. We do not make sense. Not when talking to each other about religion.

Sure some of us may find enough common ground that we can worship in groups, but even in those groups there is variation.

I am Christian,
I am Catholic,
I am Baptist,
I am Southern Baptist
I am Southern Baptist twice removed
I am Muslim
I am Sufi
I am Buddhist
I am Shinto
I am Wiccan
I am Jehovahs Witness
I am Mormon
I am Atheist

Screw all that non sense

me

I am simple

I love you all

I AM!

Your Brother

[edit on 6-9-2010 by IAMIAM]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You have shared some wisdom and love,

It is unfortunage to waste it on those unable to understand, they would rather refer to an outdated book than their own commen sense.

It is true, we and the Christ are one, and no, he did not have to die, ... yet at the same time, he could not pass up the opportunity to teach the greatest of lessons, ...

Only for it to be misinterpeted by the masses, ... they masses who claim to know him the most, ... know him the least. You see with blind eyes, and claim it as truth.

Unfortunately if Jesus did come again, you people wouldnt even recognize him, and would probably crucify him all over, ..... because he won't come telling you what you want to hear, the truth as you think you know it.

He was a rebel, a hippy, who hung out with prostitutes and the scum of his day, ..... yet when you pass these people on the streets YOU probably tell them THEY need jesus !!! what a laugh you are !!

Jesus iis a part of you, and a part of me, we are one, this is the simplest of lessons. Together we are the great I AM.

You won't find god in a book, it is a living thing, evolving with our ability to understand him.

so IAM, save your breathe, less they crucify you brother.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Jesus said He came to call "sinners to repentance."

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
so IAM, save your breathe, less they crucify you brother.

Thank you for your kind words Sister. Rest assured my breath is not wasted, unless I am trying to open an already open mind. I love all. Those who choose not to reciprocate, I love especially. You would have to have gone through some tough challenges in life to reject someone who offers you genuine love. It is that kind of pain that I am here for. Understanding may be achieved through love. It is the divine will of the universe.

I still have time to converse with those who love me. I have room for all in my heart.

If it comes down to another crucifixion, well I have been ready to die for less noble causes in this life, why not?

I'll just be back again anyway. What goes around comes around.

Thank you for your kind words Sister.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Jesus said He came to call "sinners to repentance."

My Brother,

I truly hope that when Jesus does come, you will not Judge him as you judge me and others.

Didn't he say something to the effect of "If you are ashamed of me before man, I will be ashamed of you in heaven"

No thats not it hhhmmm. Maybe "Judge not lest you be judge yourself, for what for judgement you make, will be met upon you" No no no not that one...

I think I got it "It is easier for a camel to pass through the head of a needle, than for a rich man to enter heaven" Nah, too deep and Buddhaish.

Screw it, I don't have a bible handy, so let me just say this. I ain't Jesus, but he was my Brother.

I ain't Christian, and I am not looking for converts.

I am King of Kings

I AM

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

”If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you"

I think sins are seen as personal demons.

For behold, I, God, have asuffered• these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent; But if they would not repent they must suffer• even as I; Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not• drink the bitter cup, and shrink”

The kingdom of god is not made of gold or ivory, it is here, it is now, ... just beyond sight, once it is seen it cannot be denied, the physical world gives way, and one see's with new eyes.

i believe this is what it means to be born again. Once you can think multidimensionaly you can look back at the simplest of jesus's words and see their true meaning.

Why would god tremble in pain and bleed at every pore, it it perhaps because we and god are one and the same ? and through our pain the whole suffers ?? perhaps "repenting" is a means to simply end our suffering, as repent defined is to " change ones ways"

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Seriously? Impersonating Christ? One would assume that Christ would have a better sense of his own teachings, and a better grasp of the English language. You may chuckle at your own infantile amusement, but no one else, God particularly, will find your immature dishonesty amusing in the least.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by IAMIAM

Seriously? Impersonating Christ? One would assume that Christ would have a better sense of his own teachings, and a better grasp of the English language. You may chuckle at your own infantile amusement, but no one else, God particularly, will find your immature dishonesty amusing in the least.

Sister,

I have been speaking proper english all day. It has made no difference than using my infantile language. If anything I am searching for the degree of language comprehension suitable for the crowd. Soon, I am going to start having to draw stick figure sketches!

I am NOT Jesus. I AM not here to convert you.

We are on equal grounds. Your welcome to your perspective, as I am welcome to mine.

I AM King of Kings

I need not a name

I AM

Now do you presume to tell me that you think I am Jesus? I am not even Jewish!

Your Brother

P.S. Just so you know, God must like my humor. He made it that way!

[edit on 7-9-2010 by IAMIAM]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

No, you are an idiot, who wishes to play others for fools. Your lack of understanding of Christ's teachings and your simplistic portrayal of religious nomenclature betrays your true nature.

Give it up. No one with an IQ above 10 is going to take you seriously.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by adjensen]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

No, you are an idiot, who wishes to play others for fools. Your lack of understanding of Christ's teachings and your simplistic portrayal of religious nomenclature betrays your true nature.

Give it up. No one with an IQ above 10 is going to take you seriously.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by adjensen]

Really? Give it up because you have waltzed into the conversation and declared yourself superior in the understanding of Christ's teachings?

Very well Sister. I have held the floor long enough, and I am not even a CHRISTIAN. So, by all means. Educate me. Teach me. I am here to learn.

What would Jesus do?

How would you know him when you saw him?

What makes your point of view so much better than all others?

I wait patiently for your response.

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

What would Jesus do?

What would Jesus do about what? Posting in an Internet forum anonymously?

What makes your point of view so much better than all others?

My point of view, as regards Christianity, is better because I am educated, rather than ignorant. If you lack an understanding of Christian religion and theology, as you clearly do, you misstate the case of Christianity.

If you wish to claim that you are Christ, and that your teachings are contrary to Christian beliefs, feel free to do so.

If you do not wish to claim to be Christ, then stop playing the fool.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

What would Jesus do about what? Posting in an Internet forum anonymously?

Here we go. What would Jesus do if he found himself in a strange land, filled with strange people, who spoke a different language than himself?

What would Jesus do if then suddenly, the strangers turned on him?

And, lastly what would you want done to you in similar circumstances, if you were Jesus at that time?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

He'd have nail holes in His wrists and feet. Also a gaping spear wound in his chest yet not be on life support?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

He'd have nail holes in His wrists and feet. Also a gaping spear wound in his chest yet not be on life support?

Scripture that supports this view please.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Sure, John 20:19-31:

"19Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

20And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the LORD.

21Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

24But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

But that is the past. How his Disciples were able to recognise him. What does Revelation say about the recognising of the Christ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join