It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Jesus Christ did for anyone that might accept

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Why isn't God a bit more visible in the affairs of man? It's got a simple answer. The current world is under a long term biblical curse.

The curse must end before he makes an appearance.

The curse in a nutshell.
Malachi 4.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

How did this curse get triggered?
Matthew 17.
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

According to Malachi the prophet Elijah had duties to fulfill in the temple. Alongside Jesus Christ. That was not fulfilled back in the first century AD.

Then the trick was to find and figure out the details of the curse. So put as simply as possible here goes.

The curse of Malachi was a top leve Leviticus 26 curse. Under such a curse your country is destroyed and the suvivors hauled away as slaves. And while the entire book of Hosea is all about the details of the curse the verse with the timeframe of it is verses 6-1 and 6-2
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

2 days but that is in a code. Explained by 2nd Peter 3-8.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Those days are thousand year periods of time.

The world has been under a 2000 year curse since the death of John the baptist according to scripture. And that should run out in the 2020s.

And now you know why God has been keeping himself separate from the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
If you look at Jewish wedding traditions back in biblical days and even the words used in the bible it is literally a marriage between Jesus and his church

There is no direct statement in the scriptures that says in any clear way that Christ will marry the church. And of course if you consider all the different Christian denominations with conflicting views and many of the individuals within those denominations with conflicting views to be the "Church"… Jesus would have one hell of a messed up bride with a mind containing innumerable, conflicting entities that would make Alex in “Fatal Attraction” look like a prize catch.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
1 Corinthians 1: 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

I thought the OP was a very good explanation of the love of Christ.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
More misinterpetations from a master's teachings lost in time.

Jesus did not want to be worshiped, or prayed to, he was just like you and me, thas the point everyone misses.

Lets look at some more of his words.

" These things and more shall you do"

" ye are my brothers and sisters" " I am son of god"

If he is sone of god, and we are his brothers, what does that make us ??

he also called himself the " son of man".

Why would he do this ?? " the son of man" as well as " the son of god". Is it perhaps that mankind and god are one and the same ?? Are we not " made in his image" ?? When he said things like " there is no way but through me" he was trying to serve as an example to follow, not to be followed and worshiped literaly.

His death was " for us", but he did not die for our sins, did he ever say this ?? he died to show us the ultimate example of many things, but mostly to show death is not the end, nore is it to be feared of.

Being born again has nothing to do with lowering your head underwater, .... it is exacty what it means, ... to die to the physical world, and be born again. Only when you have truly done this, can you look back on his teachings and truly understand them.

They have multi-dimensional meanings, you cannot understand most of it from a physical perspective. He was trying to relay complex thoughts and idea's in a way the people of the time could understand them. Yet besides his apostles, most people could not grasp it, ..... even today, here, even with this post, ... people cannot fathom what he was talking about.

We think were so advanced, yet still, people cannot grasp multi-dimensional concepts, ..... you cannot, .. untill you have seen or experienced it for yourself, .... to be truly "born again".

The irony of christianity, is it has been the catalyst for what the bible itself speaks of, ... spiritual doom, .... the walking dead. Dead to all but their primitve and misunderstood book of unknowledge.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thanks XXXN30 for your illuminating post, and hope it may help more to comprehend.

The 'marriage' or 'wedding traditions' are but a figure of speech or parables to help uneducated masses relate to it and comprehend our Creator's love for mankind, and had high hopes that they will return to the guided path, after watching them suffered under the hands of evil men during the centuries, lost and bewildered.

The entire mission was to bring the dumbed down masses back to the fold of our Creator. It carried great risks as the fight was against manipulative and intelligent evil men hell bent on domination.

Only the Messiah could have pulled it off, not by the sword, but by transforming the first few with enlightenment of our Creator's love for humanity, and from them will the seeds of love be sown for future better educated generations to understand.

Today, we are that generation, as we learn and watch the deprediations by our inept cunning evil masters. The question now is - should we stand and fight back for a path back to our Creator's path and destiny for us and be labled as extremists by our masters, or should we use Ghandi and MLK's tactics of non-violence?

I know not the answer except that each and every human life is precious and none be sacrificed. More must be helped to comprehend our Creator's love for us and the path in order for humanity to progress, so that there is a critical mass.

Our masters are few, but the masses are many. 'Talk softly but carry a big stick' is a phrase used by an ex President, and is much more relevant today as we grow more aware.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

My Brother, You have nailed it!

Just remember that while you walk and reveal, do so with Love. That is the ultimate commandment, would you not agree.

Well done post!

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

I know not the answer except that each and every human life is precious and none be sacrificed. More must be helped to comprehend our Creator's love for us and the path in order for humanity to progress, so that there is a critical mass.

Preach on my Brother for you speak the truth!

The greatest overlooked Mystery of Christs death, is that the people who loved him LET him die!

They could have stood up and protected him peacefully. They could have insisted that they be first to be killed. They could have simply formed a circle around him and said NO!!!!!.

But they didn't because they were weak.

Christ did not have to die. No one has to die as a sacrifice again. Peaceful resistance is the way. They will not kill us all if simply all stand up and say NO MORE!

It must start somewhere. It starts in each persons heart. Then they must make a choice to never let a Brother be taken again. Never let a Brother suffer again, lest they be willing to suffer first! Love all like they are your very own.

Good job Brothers. The time is drawing near.

With love,

your Brother

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Christ did not have to die.

Is this the prevailing teaching in Christianity that "Christ did not have to die"? This is the first time I've heard this. Why do you believe that Christ did not have to die?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Preach on my Brother for you speak the truth!

The greatest overlooked Mystery of Christs death, is that the people who loved him LET him die!

They could have stood up and protected him peacefully. They could have insisted that they be first to be killed. They could have simply formed a circle around him and said NO!!!!!.

But they didn't because they were weak.

Christ did not have to die. No one has to die as a sacrifice again. Peaceful resistance is the way. They will not kill us all if simply all stand up and say NO MORE!

It must start somewhere. It starts in each persons heart. Then they must make a choice to never let a Brother be taken again. Never let a Brother suffer again, lest they be willing to suffer first! Love all like they are your very own.

Good job Brothers. The time is drawing near.

With love,

your Brother

sorry but this line of thinking is totally not in scripture at all, and totally contradicts what Jesus was telling his disciples about what his mission was really about....

not sure where or how you got this .. but.. you'd best throw it far far away, for with it comes many lies and anguish..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

sorry but this line of thinking is totally not in scripture at all, and totally contradicts what Jesus was telling his disciples about what his mission was really about....

not sure where or how you got this .. but.. you'd best throw it far far away, for with it comes many lies and anguish..

Your RIGHT my Brother this line of thinking IS NOT in the scripture. The scripture isn't thinking at all! It is words meant to MAKE you think.

The thinking is supposed to be done by YOU!

Now, Christs message, everyone of them was about absolute LOVE. The closest I ever came to absolute LOVE was when my daughter was born. The moment I beheld her I knew in my heart that I would never let anyone hurt her. That is the kind of love we should have for Christ, and ALL our Brothers and Sisters. It is the essence of the divine Law, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It is dangerous thinking because with it, we need no more government, we need no more churches, we are able to govern ourselves absolutely peacefully.

Christ died for our sins, the sins that we were willing to let him die because we were too afraid to stand up for each other! We do not need to stand up with force, but with LOVE. Ghandi latter came along and proved it is possible.

That is my thinking of the scripture. You cannot abolish it from me mind, only yours. The real danger lies in believing YOU have anyother way than LOVE.

With Love,

Your Brother

[edit on 5-9-2010 by IAMIAM]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by adjensen

Are you saying I can live a perfectly moral life but still not get to Heaven just because I don't pray?

What of the many millions in the world that don't even read and have never heard of Christ? Are they doomed also??

Nah, don't buy it..

"Being Good" will just keep you out of jail. You need the blood of Jesus to keep you out of Hell.

You must remember, God doesn't judge on human terms, He is God and judges on His terms.. which is PERFECTION.

However, He gave us the most simple method of justification there is... humble yourself and accept his Son's death.

The reason why most will refuse it is because of the worst sin of all, pride and self-righteousness.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You must remember, God doesn't judge on human terms, He is God and judges on His terms.. which is PERFECTION.

However, He gave us the most simple method of justification there is... humble yourself and accept his Son's death.

The reason why most will refuse it is because of the worst sin of all, pride and self-righteousness.

My Brother, I believe in Christs death. I believe Christ was perfect. I believe I am perfect. I believe you are perfect. I don't believe God makes mistakes. I humble myself before you, and all my Brothers and Sisters, for we are all equal before God.

What would you presume is my fate, heaven or hell?

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Excellent thread op. Very interesting and well written.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The ONLY reason we all as believers are "equal before God" is because of Jesus Christ's imputed righteousness. In Christ, we believers have the exact same standing with God as the apostles do. We are justified by what Jesus did. He is the hero of this story, NOT us.

We are ALL sinners and fall short of the glory of God. We all sin. The ONLY perfect sinless man was Jesus Christ. Our spirit may be perfect, but our flesh is FAR from it.

Secondly, I do not judge your eternal destiny, that is for Jesus Christ to judge alone.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I need to add also that we are NOT "all equal before God". God sees us as either repentant sinners or unrepentant sinners. He still loves us nonetheless, and wishes us all to come to repentance, but the idea that we are all perfect and justified on our OWN merits its absolutely false.

We need Christ's righteousness, our own self-righteousness is repugnant to God.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The ONLY reason we all as believers are "equal before God" is because of Jesus Christ's imputed righteousness. In Christ, we believers have the exact same standing with God as the apostles do. We are justified by what Jesus did. He is the hero of this story, NOT us.
[edit on 5-9-2010 by NOTurTypical]

I am sorry you do not see yourself as perfect Brother. Christ was my Brother, as he was a Brother to the Apostles. I see them all as perfect, I see us all as perfect. Our behavior, is a result of not seeing each other as perfect...

I love you as I love Christ. I fear not his judgement, for I know his judgement is that I am perfect. I live through Christ, by acting as Christ, loving all, without judgement.

If you need it, keep it. Thank you for sharing your perspective Brother. I may not agree with you, but I see it as perfect anyway.

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If you love Jesus so much why do you not believe His Word?

"For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.."

The ONLY righteousness you have is Jesus's righteousness. You have none whatsoever of your own doing.

Self-righteousness is the worst sin there is, it's repugnant before God.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If you love Jesus so much why do you not believe His Word?

"For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.."

They ALL stood around and let a good man die for THEM. Will we continue to do so? Will we continue to judge each other? Will we continue to sin? If Jesus or any other Brother is before me, prepared to die for me, I love them enough to put myself between them and their agressors. I will be the first to go this time around. That, I promise!

Self-righteousness is the worst sin there is, it's repugnant before God.

Absolutely Brother. I am not self-righteous, I am other-righteous. I believe that ALL are as righteous as ALL. I am not above you nor below you. I am right here with you. If harm comes your way, and I am there to prevent it, by God I will. Not for my righteousness, but for yours.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

All I want to know is did Jesus made anyone laugh? No!!

And what the hell is that is Jesus died for your sin thingy? I mean ..what the heck! How does that work out....I cut my legs with a shovel if you don't pay you're mortgage bill would be included in it?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Christ was my Brother

Was?... What is He now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join