It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Jesus Christ did for anyone that might accept

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

I wouldn't take him seriously by putting him in the above category nor the category of a heretic because that's what he wants ... He's just a prankster... like someone dressing up like a Jewish rabbi and crashing a Jewish wedding with a roasted pig on a platter and shouting, “Brothers and sisters I am God… I come from God and I love you all… come join me and I will show you all a better way to feast.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Xxx. Your presentation was nicely put. I understand the relationship of Jesus and his Bride , the Church.
I also understand the choice we have to make. "and that choice goes on forever, twist the darkness and the light".

For me this choice is a daily thing. An hourly thing. It is a constant thing. It is a choice to live with Christ every moment. This choice for me means that I speak honestly. And honestly, I do not like other Christians quoting to me from the Bible to make a point where they think we might differ.
I find no proof in the Bible. Only guidance. It can serve as a tool pointing us to Christ. And having found Christ it is Christ who leads, not the Bible.

I guess my favorite parable is the parable of the good Shepard who leaves his flock to find the one lost sheep.
This Shepard will follow the sheep to the ends of the earth. And as the shepard and the sheep are but symbols for people, I will call them people.
The Shepard person follows the sheep person until he returns to the fold. If his priestly robes scare the wanderer farther off, he takes it off and wears clothes that do not frighten. If his shoes make to much noise and chase away the wanderer then he takes them off and goes barefoot.

If his voice is too loud he lowers it. If he speaks a different language he learns the language.
And if the wanderer is wary of his words, he will sit down and share the fire and not speak.
And when the wanderer who is being asked to give up his beliefs asks for him to truly consider and understand his point of view, he will lay down his point of view and follow the wanderer until the wanderer stops, turns, and becomes the follower himself, as surely he must.

This is the story of the Shepard as Christ has me believe it. It is also the story of bodhisattva. The enlightened soul who has fulfilled his incarnations and is ready to depart the wheel of life for eternity in God's Bliss. The bodhisattva remains on the Wheel and continues the cycles of life until all are returned to God.

Christ will not be limited. By our philosophies, our religions, our beliefs our books or our interpretations. Christ will ooze through every crack and crevice to be found in this reality. He will make himself known to us all.
And I do not believe it is for us to judge.

Thank you xxx.for your time

Peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Honestly, im shocked at amount the hate through out this thread!

What Jesus Christ did for anyone that might accept........... indeed...

Ranging from basically saying Jesus is a zombie to judgements comming from every direction, to calling one who expresses nothing but love in every post i've seen a heretic! .... You people amaze me!

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by IAMIAM

No, you are an idiot, who wishes to play others for fools. Your lack of understanding of Christ's teachings and your simplistic portrayal of religious nomenclature betrays your true nature.

Give it up. No one with an IQ above 10 is going to take you seriously.

Hahaha...man you are lost. He not only understands his teachings, he leads by example. Sadly though i see hate and judgements in you... get your head our of your book and look within... God isn't in your book man... can't you see that?

How do you live with hate...i can't understand it.

You should change this threads name to "Christians who don't understand the lessons in their own book"

edit on 16-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Honestly, im shocked at amount the hate through out this thread!

A stern rebuke isn't "hatred". I wish no one ill will, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything a person says. Even if they claim Christ. Jesus Himself warned us to be watchful of the wolves who would come in sheep's clothing. We haven't come close to the words Christ and the apostles used for the wolves yet. Heck, Jesus told them basically that their mothers slept with the devil. Martin Luther said it best:

"Once cannot be to gentle with the sheep nor too harsh with the wolves."

Wolves being the heretics. Now, if someone is ignorant to Christ's teachings I wouldn't call them a wolf or a heretic, but someone who claims to know Christ and teaches others false doctrine they certainly are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Christ nor the apostles nor John the Baptist were kind or gentle with the wolves, so why are you thinking followers of Christ should act differently?

edit on 16-3-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

A stern rebuke isn't "hatred". I wish no one ill will, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything a person says. Even if they claim Christ. Jesus Himself warned us to be watchful of the wolves who would come in sheep's clothing. We haven't come close to the words Christ and the apostles used for the wolves yet. Heck, Jesus told them basically that their mothers slept with the devil. Martin Luther said it best:

"Once cannot be to gentle with the sheep nor too harsh with the wolves."

Ok my friend, let's take a good look at Christ's last words to his followers.

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Hmm, he emphasises this so it must be pretty important. What was his commandments? Love God, Love one another. How? Heal the sick, give your wealth to the poor, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, bless those who say evil things about you in Christ's name, you should know the rest....

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jesus is not coming back in the flesh. He will send someone else who has the spirit of truth within him. The world will not know it because the world has lost the truth.

18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Christ is NOT coming back in the flesh. He has already returned in the spirit to those who KEEP his Commandments. That means to actually do what HE said to do.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

No wonder you are still searching for Christ. He only comes to those who KEEP his commandments.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Sounds like keeping his commandments must be pretty important. He only comes to those who keep them by his own words.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Oh, Christ isn't coming back yet again. He is sending a comforter, the Holy Ghost, to teach those things, to remind all what was forgotten.

27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Christ went to the Father, Rejoice! He comes again through the father. The father is within us, as is Christ IF you keep his commandments.

29And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. 30Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. 31But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

The Prince of the World came and silenced Christ's words shortly after this conversation. Christ gave his life to show that he loved the father and that the father gave him the commandment. Love one another.

So here is a stern rebuke I return to you my friend.

If you do not love with all your heart those who stand before your eyes, regardless of faith, regardless of creed, regardless of social stature, If you have not given all that you have to the service of others and then begged to God to give you more to give to others, If you have not suffered in the name of righteousness, If you have not been persecuted in Christ's name, If you have not been through hell and returned unscathed, If you do not live your life in loving service to ALL God's children, If you do not hunger and starve for righteousness because you know you will never be satisfied that your own heart is filled with it, If you have not done these things and more, YOU are the heretic, YOU do not follow Christ, YOU are not saved, YOU are not forgiven, YOU are damned, YOU are the ravening wolf of your nightmares.

And, YOU cannot judge me nor rebuke me for I have done these things and more. You do not know me. You would not understand my words. You would not see my wounds. You would not feel my pain. You are an outcast.

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Now if the way be narrow and few find it, how is it then that Christianity is the largest faith on earth? Blind leading the blind into the pit of darkness you den of hypocrites and vipers.

If the path you preach was the way, then the world would be devoid of suffering due to the shear numbers of your following IF you truly followed in Christ's ways.

You dreadful idolater!

Repent.
edit on 16-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Ok my friend, let's take a good look at Christ's last words to his followers.

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Hmm, he emphasises this so it must be pretty important. What was his commandments? Love God, Love one another. How? Heal the sick, give your wealth to the poor, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, bless those who say evil things about you in Christ's name, you should know the rest....

Yes, Christ said all men would know if we were His followers by the love we show to EACH OTHER. Brotherly love to fellow disciples of Christ. Sometimes love requires a stern rebuke for errors. If a person doesn't rebuke errors amongst his brethren when they error that's the opposite of love. As the Lord says:

"As many as I LOVE, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." ~ Jesus Christ (Rev. 3:19)

I have no problem with rebuke if I'm in error, in fact I'd expect a brother to rebuke me out of love. For as Solomon says:

"Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee." Proverbs 9:8

Jesus is not coming back in the flesh.

Wow, another heresy. Christ arose from the dead in His flesh, the tomb was empty, His body was resurrected. Here is what the angels said to the believers when Christ ascended to heaven:

"'Men of Galilee,' they said, 'why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.'" Acts 1:11

Gabriel the Archangel also promised Mary that Christ would rule and reign from the throne of David on Earth. That throne didn't exist in the time of Mary. Christ will rule on Earth, from Jerusalem, on the throne of David for 1,000 years. You should know this.

He will send someone else who has the spirit of truth within him. The world will not know it because the world has lost the truth.

All those born again have His Spirit within them. This is a promise to the believer.

Christ is NOT coming back in the flesh. He has already returned in the spirit to those who KEEP his Commandments. That means to actually do what HE said to do.

That's heresy. Christ is returning in the flesh, in fact the Bible gives the exact number of days in which it will happen. Exactly 1,260 days after the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel and referred to by Christ Himself in Matthew 24:15.

No wonder you are still searching for Christ. He only comes to those who KEEP his commandments.

I am not searching for Christ. He is the Shepard, He found and chose me. (John 15:16)

His only commands were to love God, and love one another. Christ was speaking to His disciples, not the unsaved. Telling the unsaved that they need Christ and that He is the only way is love. It's telling them the truth in love. And loving someone doesn't mean you condone their errors, that's not love.

Sounds like keeping his commandments must be pretty important. He only comes to those who keep them by his own words.

I agree we should keep His commandments. But I don't think I can change His commandments to say something that He didn't say.

Oh, Christ isn't coming back yet again.

Read Acts 1:11

He is sending a comforter, the Holy Ghost, to teach those things, to remind all what was forgotten.

He sent the Holy Ghost almost 2,000 years ago in the upper room on Pentecost.

The Prince of the World came and silenced Christ's words shortly after this conversation. Christ gave his life to show that he loved the father and that the father gave him the commandment. Love one another.

Again, who was Christ's audience when He said "Love one another"? It was His disciples. He was speaking to the disciples.

So here is a stern rebuke I return to you my friend.

Sweet, i welcome rebuke when I'm wrong. (Proverbs 9:8)

If you do not love with all your heart those who stand before your eyes, regardless of faith, regardless of creed, regardless of social stature, If you have not given all that you have to the service of others and then begged to God to give you more to give to others, If you have not suffered in the name of righteousness, If you have not been persecuted in Christ's name, If you have not been through hell and returned unscathed, If you do not live your life in loving service to ALL God's children, If you do not hunger and starve for righteousness because you know you will never be satisfied that your own heart is filled with it, If you have not done these things and more, YOU are the heretic, YOU do not follow Christ, YOU are not saved, YOU are not forgiven, YOU are damned, YOU are the ravening wolf of your nightmares.

No, again refusing to condemn the speech and ideology of the heretics is NOT showing them love nor defending the truth. That's compromising with the world and it's false doctrine. That's spiritual fornication. That's what the Nicolaitans did, and let's see what Christ has to say about the ideology of the Nicolaitans:

"Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate." ~ Jesus Christ

Here is a sample of the things used in the Bible to describe the false teachers/heretics/wolves:

"Dogs and evildoers" ~ Philippians 3:2
"Empty and deceitful" ~ Collosians 2:8
"Puffed up without reason" ~ Collosians 2:18
"Given to mythical speculation and vanity without understanding" ~ 1 Timothy 1:3-7
"Products of a shipwrecked faith" ~ 1 Timothy 1:19
"Demonic liars with a seared conscience" ~ 1 Timothy 4:1-2
"Peddlers of silly myths" ~ 1 Peter 4:7
"Arrogant fools with depraved minds" ~ 1 Timothy 6:3-5
The spiritual equivalent of gangrene" ~ 2 Timothy 2:14-18
"Foolish and ignorant" ~ 2 Timothy 2:23
"Chatty deceivers" ~ Titus 1:10-14
"Destructive blasphemers" ~ 2 Peter 2:1-3
"Ignorantly unstable" ~ 2 Peter 3:16
"Antichrist" ~ 1 John 2:18

Doctrine From False Teachers

And, YOU cannot judge me nor rebuke me for I have done these things and more.

Sorry again, we are instructed to test everything. We are told to beware of the false teachers and wolves. If Christ warned us to beware of them don't you think we should beware of them? If a person claims Christ, yet teaches others things that Christ didn't say or is contrary to the Word of God then sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I "Let God be true and every man a liar". (Romans 3:4)

You do not know me. You would not understand my words. You would not see my wounds. You would not feel my pain.

Your words are on display for all to read here.

You are an outcast.

Good, I rejoice. Christ said the world would hate me on account of His name. If I were not an outcast I'd be alarmed.

Now if the way be narrow and few find it, how is it then that Christianity is the largest faith on earth?

I've already explained this, but what the heck once more won't kill me. The "few" is the Greek word oligos which means "not the majority". There are 7.1 billion people on the Earth today, those who claim Christ are not the majority. That would mean more than 3.5 billion people. The numbers of those who claim Christ are roughly 1 in 7 people. That's 14%.

If the path you preach was the way, then the world would be devoid of suffering due to the shear numbers of your following IF you truly followed in Christ's ways.

Arbitrary conjecture.

You dreadful idolater!

Hardly, Christ is the rock of my salvation. I'm saved by what He did 2,000 years ago. My works are all wood, hay and stubble.

Repent.

I do daily. The life of a Christian should be one of continual repentance.

edit on 16-3-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hahaha, i've been waiting to post again in this patheticly named topic since i posted my first response....

Here we go!!

Christ nor the apostles nor John the Baptist were kind or gentle with the wolves, so why are you thinking followers of Christ should act differently

See the problem is, you do not follow christs teachings, you follow your bible which contradicts his teachings aside from his own words... either way act how you wish its your path, but know you are not following his teachings...And don't try to back up your garbage with bible quotes, they mean nothing if you can't see the true lessons... Use your own words.....

You show no love for your fellow man, you judege them according to your bible, and do not see whats in their heart. At least as far as i've seen...

Examples of your hate and judgements towards others? No problem....

Stop calling me your "brother". My Father is the Lord Almighty, your father is the devil.

You're not my kindred for one. You yourself claimed you're not a follower of Jesus Christ. My brothers and sisters are my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. He is OUR Father.

Your knowledge of the spirit is mind boggling i must say....do you not know we all come from the same place?

No, God's Word has divided us. I follow it. You are a mere man and claim to be God. You're not the King of Kings, Jesus Christ is and will forever be. You're a liar and a heretic.

Clearly you don't listen, or comprehend what you read...

I have love and kindness for the sheep and for the unbelievers, but not for the heretic wolves. You're a heretic, you're not my 'brother', your father is the devil.

To top all of this, you continuously use the "wolf in sheeps clothing" analogy... truely you are the sheep (sheeple?) Following your book without looking for the true lessons...again i care not, you have your path.

Those that taught you to turn away from another man are your wolves, who ever taught you what is in the bible is your wolf, thus also making you a wolf... You do not show love toward others unless they believe the same thing as you believe....which also makes you the wolf in sheeps clothing as you seem to always state.

Now, if someone is ignorant to Christ's teachings I wouldn't call them a wolf or a heretic, but someone who claims to know Christ and teaches others false doctrine they certainly are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

LOL by your own example... If they teach others false doctrine... You are preaching false doctrine!! Can you not see it? Are you so blinded by your hate?

Christ nor the apostles nor John the Baptist were kind or gentle with the wolves, so why are you thinking followers of Christ should act differently?

Perhaps you should actually read who christ called heretics and hypocrites....Did they show love towards others? Did they lead by example? Your savior did not throw those words around as you do... Calling someone a heretic that shows you nothing but love.......Are you not exactly like those who murdered your savior?

Again i say, truely you are the sheep.... But unlike IAMIAM, i could care less... Walk your path of fear and hatred, we all go to the same place once we die so it matters not...

But i ask again, how do you live with hate in your life?

I eagerly await your response...

edit on 16-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Im not finished with you guys yet.... You'll know who you are when you read what i say...

You toss around your scripture with this holier then thou attitude... but i'll show you the error of your words with your own book.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Do you understand? Again if you do not you are blind to the true teachings... Yet if you say you understand why are you against the peacemakers, why do you persecute for "his" sake?

Do you know why Jesus spoke in parables?

To sort out the people that understand... So...lets see if you understand. I know IAMIAM will...he speaks from the heart, unlike you who speak from your book...

The Parable of The Sheep and the Goats

31 "When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34 Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 37 Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38 And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39 And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' 40 And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.' 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44 Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?' 45 Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' 46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

I even gave you a hint...

And for the one who loves the "sheep in wolves clothing" analogy....... You missed part of the equasion...

what about the goats?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

See the problem is, you do not follow christs teachings, you follow your bible which contradicts his teachings aside from his own words...

It doesn't contradict at all. Can you show where you claim there is a contradiction? The only thing I have ever seen when people make this claim is their errors in taking verses beyond the context they were written in. Remember, something out of context is a pretext.

either way act how you wish its your path, but know you are not following his teachings...

Can you demonstrate this or are you comfortable providing prejudicial arbitrary conjectures?

And don't try to back up your garbage with bible quotes, they mean nothing if you can't see the true lessons... Use your own words.....

My own words? No. I'm just a man. Here are a few:

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4

You show no love for your fellow man, you judege them according to your bible, and do not see whats in their heart. At least as far as i've seen...

I do love my fellow man actually. But sometimes a person needs rebuke when they err according to the scripture. As previously stated, I'd expect someone who loves me to point out when I err according to scripture too. A wise man loves rebuke, a scorner hates it.

Secondly, Christ told us to judge according to scripture:

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." John 7:24

Stop calling me your "brother". My Father is the Lord Almighty, your father is the devil.

Christ said the same thing to the wolves...

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:44

I have taken note that you refused to provide the context for my quote.

You're not my kindred for one. You yourself claimed you're not a follower of Jesus Christ. My brothers and sisters are my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. He is OUR Father.

Again, Christ said the same:

"Then His mother and His brothers arrived, and standing outside they sent word to Him and called Him. A crowd was sitting around Him, and they said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are outside looking for You." Answering them, He said, "Who are My mother and My brothers ?" Looking about at those who were sitting around Him, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers ! "For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother." Mark 3:31-35

The person I was responding to had denied being a follower of Christ. Here is what the Word of God says as to who is my brother and who is NOT:

"But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, to them that believe on his name:" John 1:12

Your knowledge of the spirit is mind boggling i must say....do you not know we all come from the same place?

LOL! No we do not. There is the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent:

(God speaking to satan) "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." - Genesis 3:15

No, God's Word has divided us. I follow it. You are a mere man and claim to be God. You're not the King of Kings, Jesus Christ is and will forever be. You're a liar and a heretic.

That poster was claiming to be the "King of kings". That declaration is blasphemy. Jesus Christ is the King of kings. We are all "kings and priests after the order of Melchizedek". Jesus Christ is our King, that's why He is called the "King of kings".

To top all of this, you continuously use the "wolf in sheeps clothing" analogy... truely you are the sheep (sheeple?) Following your book without looking for the true lessons...again i care not, you have your path.

Yeah, I choose not to lean on my own understanding but let the Word of God lead my life. Not going to apologize for that. As previously quoted:

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Those that taught you to turn away from another man are your wolves,

Jesus Christ did. He said to "beware of the false prophets/teachers", the liars, those who claim Him but don't teach truth.

who ever taught you what is in the bible is your wolf, thus also making you a wolf... You do not show love toward others unless they believe the same thing as you believe....which also makes you the wolf in sheeps clothing as you seem to always state.

Foolishness. Call me what you wish, I rejoice that you're condemning me for standing firm on the Word and letting God be true and every man a liar.

LOL by your own example... If they teach others false doctrine... You are preaching false doctrine!! Can you not see it? Are you so blinded by your hate?

Actually, I've shown you from the scripture that I'm condemning the false doctrine. Or maybe you're mad that I'm condemning the doctrine of men?

Perhaps you should actually read who christ called heretics and hypocrites....

The Scribes and Pharisees, the religious people of His day. Secondly, Christ never uttered the word "heretic", it was first used by Iranaeus in the first century AD. But here is the sample of the words the apostles used for those who taught false doctrine:

"Dogs and evildoers" ~ Philippians 3:2
"Empty and deceitful" ~ Collosians 2:8
"Puffed up without reason" ~ Collosians 2:18
"Given to mythical speculation and vanity without understanding" ~ 1 Timothy 1:3-7
"Products of a shipwrecked faith" ~ 1 Timothy 1:19
"Demonic liars with a seared conscience" ~ 1 Timothy 4:1-2
"Peddlers of silly myths" ~ 1 Peter 4:7
"Arrogant fools with depraved minds" ~ 1 Timothy 6:3-5
The spiritual equivalent of gangrene" ~ 2 Timothy 2:14-18
"Foolish and ignorant" ~ 2 Timothy 2:23
"Chatty deceivers" ~ Titus 1:10-14
"Destructive blasphemers" ~ 2 Peter 2:1-3
"Ignorantly unstable" ~ 2 Peter 3:16
"Antichrist" ~ 1 John 2:18

.Are you not exactly like those who murdered your savior?

Christ gave His life freely for us, no man took His life:

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." John 10:17-18

Again i say, truely you are the sheep.... But unlike IAMIAM, i could care less... Walk your path of fear and hatred, we all go to the same place once we die so it matters not...

I'm fairly convinced that either you're in love with IAMIAM or you are his 2nd account he uses to give himself stars. Pretty sad you'd resort to such trickery.

But i ask again, how do you live with hate in your life?

Did not Christ and all His disciples hate false doctrine too??? Yes, they did.

edit on 17-3-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The person I was responding to had denied being a follower of Christ. Here is what the Word of God says as to who is my brother and who is NOT:

Say what you must about me my friend, but let it be your own judgement, and not lies. I have always said I was a follower of Christ. What I have said I am not is a Christian. Christian is a label. Some Christians follow Christ, others do not.

43And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

That poster was claiming to be the "King of kings". That declaration is blasphemy. Jesus Christ is the King of kings. We are all "kings and priests after the order of Melchizedek". Jesus Christ is our King, that's why He is called the "King of kings".

If Christ is with the father and the father is within me, then who's words do you stand against?

I give testimony here and I come with the father as witness.

Don't take my word for it, watch!

While you watch, it would be wise to open your heart to all you behold.

Love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 17-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You started out okay but the last part is deception that all Christians are deceived about.

God planned everything before creation so he knew his people he would be working with such as the prophets, Jesus and us saints. The prophets couldn't be made sinless because they came before the flesh sacrifice of Jesus. Sinlessness is necessary for God to reveal his knowledge in their hearts, minds and souls, which is their created existence. But since they were created together called the Word, the prophets obeyed God's commands to make them write and speak for him. He also used them for miracles.

Jesus was made sinless by God changing the DNA in his parents seed so he could be conceived without the genetic sin traits of his forefathers going back to Adam and Eve, the first people in the flesh that God corrupted their DNA with the symbolic tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God planned for his flesh to be a pure sacrifice for the forgiveness of all sins. Only chosen ones were able to hear the voice of God in the gospel that Jesus preached because they were the created word like Jesus was.

What this means is that we don't make any decisions for God or for a name called Jesus. Jesus was just the name of the flesh who died 2,000 years ago. That flesh doesn't exist anymore and won't be flying back here in the clouds. That lie came from the Roman government who produced the new testament. After killing all the saints, they had to deceive their followers named children of God. They used the false religion of Christianity to deceive them with and it's still working great.

By obeying this gospel, God was able to command them to confess and repent of their sins. Then he would change the DNA in their flesh to make them totally sinless. This stopped the power to deceive the thoughts in their mind, which were the thoughts of God. They learn from these undeceived thoughts about who they are in God and this is when they finally learn they are created as the voice of God and their flesh is called a saint.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Who said I was talking about you? You, err, I mean Akragon, posted random quotes that were not linked to a source for study of the context. That's blatantly dishonest.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Who said I was talking about you? You, err, I mean Akragon, posted random quotes that were not linked to a source for study of the context. That's blatantly dishonest.

You said.

The person I was responding to had denied being a follower of Christ.

And it was I who said those things...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

But you're not the "King of kings", Jesus Christ is. You're not Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I never said I was Jesus.

If I were the Apple of Apples, in a bushel of Apples, would you be able to find me?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I never said I was Jesus.

If I were the Apple of Apples, in a bushel of Apples, would you be able to find me?

Irrelevant comparison.

If you never said you were the "King of kings" then I apologize. If you did claim to be the "King of kings" I call that blasphemy.

Christ is the one and only King of kings.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Irrelevant comparison.

If you did claim to be the "King of kings" I call that blasphemy.

You do not understand the statement. Be careful how you judge, for that is the judgement you shall receive...

What is a King?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Irrelevant comparison.

If you did claim to be the "King of kings" I call that blasphemy.

You do not understand the statement. Be careful how you judge, for that is the judgement you shall receive...

What is a King?

I understand it quite fine. It's IRR-EL-E-VANT. It's a fallacy called a "Red Herring".

I judge righteously using the Word of God. Have you ever read John 7:24?

If you claim to be the "King of kings" that's blasphemy. Jesus Christ is the only King of kings:

"Which in his times He shall shew, the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;" ~ 1 Timothy 6:15

"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful." ~ Revelation 17:14

"And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." ~ Revelation 19:16

You're not the King of kings, Jesus Christ is and is alone.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I understand it quite fine. It's IRR EL E VANT. It's a fallacy called a "Red Herring".

I judge righteously using the Word of God. Have you ever read John 7:24?

If you claim to be the "King of kings" that's blasphemy. Jesus Christ is the only King of kings:

You're not the King of kings, Jesus Christ is and is alone.

If you do not even know what a King is, what matters the statement? You are just defending words you do not understand. Thus, you are not making righteous judgement, but rather foolish judgement.

What is a King?

edit on 17-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

God says that he wants a relationship with you. If you wish to live your life in a manner that you personally judge as being good, that's fine, but you will not have that relationship (with the benefits that come with it) if you ignore or reject God.

That's just the thing....no one knows what God said, or even if there even was what could be called a real, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Infallible Deity that created all of this, Earth, Man/Woman, Universe. This is all taken on faith, actually, for there is not a shred of evidence to prove God's existence. Same with Jesus, an English name, blond hair and beard, this is obviously not a man from the Middle East, right? Only the NT speaks of him, and yet millions believe he is real, that he rose from the dead, and that he is GOD ALMIGHTY.

Sorry, but it is hard for me to just wrap my mind around this and accept it as fact with all that I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join