It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

hardly off topic, i guess i hit a nerve lol it is also funny how these oh so holy religious people resort to name calling, god must be so proud of you.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by enduser]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Interesting stuff.

So you view it as a sort of mixture of String Theory / Love = Energy / "Spinoza's God" ?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Let me welcome all the new Members and post one small reminder..

Here at ATS we do not..

Attack other Members
Respond to Attacks
Insult
Respond to insults
Post ANYTHING that is Off Topic

For further clarification:

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Any further such actions will result in the Post being removed and the user possibly warned.

Thank you

Semper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thank you for the heads up

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by illumin8ed

Again Im not wrong , because everything we know in the universe can be explained by maths

You are wrong again.... No, not everything we know in the universe can be explained by "maths".

Try again.

Here is some math... The sum of ALL which includes that which is unknown and known equals ONE.

This ONE thing has many names.... Within it is all knowledge that will ever exist, all power, all of everything, and it is infinite and timeless because it will always exist. That is my God, and there is nothing greater or lesser because God is nothing and everything. And I am One with God.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

When people say the feel love from their religion , its not Some powerful being giving them that feeling , its their solitude in the comfort of their beliefs that something or someone is looking out for them.
Again its just a man made concept in their brain making them feel these feelings. I supose you could record the chemicals involved in the brain that effect the certain areas of the brain for feelings.

Speak for yourself. I was in the throes of utter despair, thinking I would never enter heaven. And then suddenly I felt the presence of a light. I didn't just feel good inside. I literally felt a light, pure white, fill me up. With that light came feelings of bliss and love and freedom. I didn't just make those feelings, and they were nothing like what one could feel in day to day life. They were absolute in magnitude, limitless, not like the "love" or "bliss" or "freedom" we feel on earth.

So no, it's not always just the comfort of knowing someone who watches over you.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by illumin8ed

Again Im not wrong , because everything we know in the universe can be explained by maths

You are wrong again.... No, not everything we know in the universe can be explained by "maths".

Try again.

Here is some math... The sum of ALL which includes that which is unknown and known equals ONE.

This ONE thing has many names.... Within it is all knowledge that will ever exist, all power, all of everything, and it is infinite and timeless because it will always exist. That is my God, and there is nothing greater or lesser because God is nothing and everything. And I am One with God.

Everything we KNOW in the universe CAN be explained my math.

Everything we do NOT KNOW in the universe, one way or another, can be explained using mathematical ideas.

Next; How did you get the sum of ONE from the sum of what is known and unknown?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42
reply to post by 11118

Interesting stuff.

So you view it as a sort of mixture of String Theory / Love = Energy / "Spinoza's God" ?

Yes, it is a mixture of many theories.

The problem with science is that it tries to create concepts by measurements and observations, but Infinity/Love/Creator is unmeasurable and limitless.

Science has to accept that:

All is aware. All is unified. All is boundless (Both inwards and outwards)
All is in constant motion.

The Big bang theory for example is quite correct, the present universe will expand and eventually contract back into a singular point. What is not understood is that it will expand again indefinitely the same motion. It is a heartbeat an indefinite heartbeat. Each great creation a heartbeat of the Creator.

It all sounds mushy and gushy, and many skeptics cringe at the word Love or Creator - when in truth those are the very words needed to fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Speak for yourself. I was in the throes of utter despair, thinking I would never enter heaven. And then suddenly I felt the presence of a light. I didn't just feel good inside. I literally felt a light, pure white, fill me up. With that light came feelings of bliss and love and freedom. I didn't just make those feelings, and they were nothing like what one could feel in day to day life. They were absolute in magnitude, limitless, not like the "love" or "bliss" or "freedom" we feel on earth.

So no, it's not always just the comfort of knowing someone who watches over you.

The presence of light you felt is an alignment of neurotransmitters in your brain that made you happy.

If you saying your believe in God is based on the alignment of neurotransmitters, there are man-made substances that can give you the same feelings as "believe in God."

How is any of this proof tho?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

Infinity is a better word in place of 1. Infinity is not a number or many it is everything a singular concept.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I like your idea, but not the 'love' bit. Interconnection between all things, yes. Replace love with nature and I might be along for the ride!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I'm confused though.

Are you saying what is basically Spinoza's God?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Infinity is a better word in place of 1. Infinity is not a number or many it is everything a singular concept.

Infinity = Proof of God?

Me

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I totally agree , the posters in this thread discussing the existance of god , seem to forget that if there were no humans then the concept of GOD or GODS would not exist .

The simple fact that humans exist , certainly allows the possibility of a GOD or GODS to exist , as could be said for the Universe , multiverse , dimensions.

However before humans there was certainly numbers, and maths , there may not have existed a definition for it, but it was still definetely there.

GOD is a concept , given life by human intelligence and imagination , nothing more.
The concept of GOD has been tied to many things but purely for purposes of control.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The presence of light you felt is an alignment of neurotransmitters in your brain that made you happy.

If you saying your believe in God is based on the alignment of neurotransmitters, there are man-made substances that can give you the same feelings as "believe in God."

How is any of this proof tho?
I've experienced greater things than these.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I Agree!

Math and such exists regardless of Human existence.

The "Concept of God" exists only if Human's do too.

..... Unless ancient people mis-took aliens as Gods. Than I suppose the concept of God (Aliens) (in this sense) existed before Humans.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I've experienced greater things than these.

Do tell what were these experiences like

And how these experiences, which made you feel good, were not a result of neuro-transmitters...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by 11118

I like your idea, but not the 'love' bit. Interconnection between all things, yes. Replace love with nature and I might be along for the ride!

The reason I use Love is because Love literally is the Creator. I'm trying to express this without sounding to religious or out there; but it is the truth.

Love seeks to know Love, the Creator seeks to know the Creator. This Love isn't like the love that you think of/see on between human interaction. It is the force behind all interaction.

Love may be seen as the type of energy of an extremely high order which causes energy to be formed from the potential of infinity in a particular way. It is the pure motion and essence the Creator.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

reply to post by 11118

The problem with science is that it tries to create concepts by measurements and observations, but Infinity/Love/Creator is unmeasurable and limitless.

Interesting stuff

Infinity , Love , Creator , are again all human concepts , that were created by humans.

Infinity may have existed before humans , but we defined it using a mathmatical expression.

Love is a human concept used to define the complex process of chemical interactions in our brains it is not unmeasurable.

Creator is again another human concept

None of the above would exist or have definition without the presence of humans in this universe

you have to accept that

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

There was a comment on a site about this from some user.

It went a little like this. Paraphrasing here..
"If everything was created by nothing, then what created nothing?"

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join