It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by enduser
if god is everything then you have just insulted your god by referring to others as swine;

The swine are of God, they are not God.

what makes pearls better than swine if god is everything?

What? You are one confused kid.

Matthew 7:6

Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

It's a figure of speech. Do not give things of value to people who do not value them, or understand the value, they will just trample on them, and then trample on you.

It's so true too..

all you have is faith in 'prophets' to support your lust for a god. just because some guy claimed he spoke to god (apparently the universe, interesting as ive never heard the universe speak lol) doesnt make god exist.

You never heard the Universe speak because you are not listening.

If you had two working ears, and a functional mind, you would have listened to what has been said, and you would have understood it. However, you are like a child with your fingers in your ears humming to yourself.

Oh, who gave you life? Nobody? You are an accident? Ok Mr. Accident.... Accident your way to death why don't you.

defining god as the universe implies that the universe is concious, last time i check a rock could not feel nor speak.

Are you conscious? Are you part of the Universe? I bet you answered Yes to both of those. I win.

If you could point to the part of your body that is conscious, what part would you point to? Let me guess... your head?

If I could show you a picture of the totality of the Universe, and someone asked me to point to the area that I knew for a FACT that was conscious. Guess where I would point.....

With your logic, pointing to a rock and claiming it isn't conscious... there is no single point in your head that you could point to and claim it is conscious. Because, no single part of your brain is conscious, it is the totality of your entire brain that is, and the totality of your body that is. Because, without your body, without your heart and lungs, you are not conscious.

So if I point to your penal gland, I could say it is not conscious because it doesn't feel nor speak. If I point to your cerebrum, I can say it is not conscious because it doesn't feel nor speak. The reality is, your entire brain and every part of it works together to create a consciousness. No one single part.

The rock is conscious, it is a part of a total consciousness. Just like your cerebrum is conscious, and is a part of a your consciousness.

it is laughable how religious people claim theyre better than others, it is also laughable that you hold stock in the words of some guy youhave never met let alone spoken to who lived thousands of years ago!

It's laughable how the unwise laugh because they lack wisdom. How many times did you call religious people lunatics? Oh you hypocrite, you think you are better than others and then have the balls to accuse them of your own erroneous ways.

The words that came from that "guy" thousands of years ago, who nobody today has ever met, are more intelligent and enlightening than most things ever written today. Whoever that guys is, he knew something that you will never be able to grasp in your life with your ignorance as strong as it is.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by MR BOB

my theory is that instead of one big bang there were multiple big bangs why do i believe this? b/c there are super massive black holes at the center of every galaxy/milky way in the universe a massive explosion had to create these seemingly ageless holes...the universe didnt come from nothing it came from energy passed over or leaked from another universe each universe has a membrane much like a cell sometimes links or worm holes are bridges between 2 cells and energy is exchanged...this would make it possible for the growth and death of universes and also the recycling of energy..as everything is a cycle!

[edit on 2-9-2010 by metalholic]

black holes are created from supernova or where a star explodes....... if someone could back me up on this

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by notfallingdown

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by MR BOB

my theory is that instead of one big bang there were multiple big bangs why do i believe this? b/c there are super massive black holes at the center of every galaxy/milky way in the universe a massive explosion had to create these seemingly ageless holes...the universe didnt come from nothing it came from energy passed over or leaked from another universe each universe has a membrane much like a cell sometimes links or worm holes are bridges between 2 cells and energy is exchanged...this would make it possible for the growth and death of universes and also the recycling of energy..as everything is a cycle!

[edit on 2-9-2010 by metalholic]

black holes are created from supernova or where a star explodes....... if someone could back me up on this

Yep, just about correct.

Block Holes are created from the collapse of a Star that is at least twice as big as our Sun. And also from the gravitational collapse of a cluster of Stars.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
When are people going to wake up and stop taking everything they read in the media as the gospel truth. Stephen Hawking as a theoretical physicist is simply expressing his opinion which he is entitled too and it's nothing more than a theory and that's all it is. So what's the problem. Why are people getting their nickers in a twist is beyond me.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Exactly, just as much a theory as invisible deities, seas parting, shrubs talking and miracles.

Hawkings isn't removing god from the equation but suggesting a deity isn't needed to explain the creation of everything. I still maintain that religion and science should be kept apart until one disproves the other.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

i can quite easily say aliens from another dimension created life, god is an alien so deal with it!!! that doesnt make it so!

No you can't easily say that. Aliens (being alive) could not create themselves. Since they exist in a dimension, that means the dimension rules over them, and the dimension itself is their creator and gives them life.

if my heart believes in god well it is doing a poor job in letting my brain know about it.

Obviously...

anyway this 'debate' is pointless,

You are right it is. At this rate, you will never understand.

religious people arent open to reason and will insult others for their different views,

Like you insulted the religious constantly in this topic before anyone even spoke to you? You are a hypocrite.

I am the most reasonable person you may ever meet. You don't have any reason within you. You have only ignorance which lacks logic.

i thought religious people were supposed to be loving and kind to all?

I thought all people were supposed to be loving and kind to all....

what did jesus teach? clearly most christians on here fail to grasp most of what jesus taught!

Oh, look at this pathetic one trying to use teachings he doesn't believe in to his advantage.

with that im done chasing my curly tail, i fancy some pork chops now

Go bathe in your mud pit now.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by illumin8ed]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So some daft theory some man dreamed up, who is a prisoner of a minute dot, which goes arround one of uncoutnable suns, in uncountable galaxies can know the answer to everything.

We don´t even know what gravity is or how it works, maybe he should work that one out first.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bicnarok

So daft that we should ignore it altogether?

Out of interest, what theory do your subscribe to?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The nexus partical made the universe, a partical that contained the 4 forces of the universe.
1 Electromagnetism
2 Gravitation forces
3 Strong interaction
4 Weak interaction

Gravity was taken out, thus the partical ripped itself apart, slowly shaping into the universe we have today.

The Nexus is a dimenion beyond all dimenions full of super intense energy and radation, personally i have wondered if it has a consciencness of some sort, it controls the strings in the M theory, the partical (or what is left) is in the 11th dimenion of this universe...out of an infinte number of universes in the multiverse (and even that is small)

Anyway comment on my idea and tell me what you think i would apprectiate any comments postive or negitive, i want to see the whole picture and can only do that with the opinions of others

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok
So some daft theory some man dreamed up, who is a prisoner of a minute dot, which goes arround one of uncoutnable suns, in uncountable galaxies can know the answer to everything.

We don´t even know what gravity is or how it works, maybe he should work that one out first.

This theory is the accumulation of the work of some of the smartest people that have ever existed. And it will continue to be enhanced over time as more smart people contribute.

Calling M-Theory "some daft theory some man dreamed up" is not correct.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

It was from my perspective that everything in every degree of the creation has a pure vibration. The first product of that vibration is what a quantum physicist would coin as the photon or particle of light.

This vibration which is, in other words pure motion is pure Love. It is nothing that is condensed to form any physicality. This Love then creates by the process of pure motion/vibration the photon, which is the basic particle of light. The photon(s) then, with the added vibrations and rotation, further condenses into particles of the physicality that is currently being experienced.

Thus, from my perspective the essence of all that exists is this pure motion or vibration termed Love which emanates from the oneness and expresses itself as light to create the illusions or distortions in infinitum.

Therefor in truth, Love is the Creator/Creation and there cannot be anything other than the Creator meaning that each of us are the Creator, "God", the Alpha and the Omega, whatever you want to call it all being the essence of the pure and Infinite unified motion of Love which is intelligent and very much aware. Everything, every word, every sound, every thought, every emotion, every feeling, every particle both observable and non observable, every boundless dimension, is the Creator. There is no separate being pulling strings.

Something that exists cannot become non-existent.

Something that exists is of existence, it cannot be other than, and there cannot be an idea of it not existing - for that idea exists, and is not a part of non existence.

Everything that you can think of is existing simultaneously, and from a linear time line has happened, is happening, or will be happening - but, in truth because time is not existent in the bigger picture it is happening in the eternal now.

The concept of "God" seems to be quite the conundrum in many circles for the apparent reason of the "no-proof" excuse, when merely just taking a look in the mirror is as much of a statuesque amount of evidence as any that can be thought of.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by 11118]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This thread has reminded me of Michio Kaku's work.

I am still trying to understand some of his theories!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

Again Im not wrong , because everything we know in the universe can be explained by maths , and maths is the human attempt to explain the universe , but maths existed before humans discovered it, numbers exist everywhere , we gave maths the its definition.

The concept of GOD is manmade and therefore A single GOD or GODS dont exist , they only exist in the hearts and minds of man , they arent there naturally .

@Raincloud , well thats exactly what I mean , things that we can see , measure , record , and feel certainly seem to exist.

But god in the sense of an all powerful creator , we cant see , measure , record or feel that.

When people say the feel love from their religion , its not Some powerful being giving them that feeling , its their solitude in the comfort of their beliefs that something or someone is looking out for them.
Again its just a man made concept in their brain making them feel these feelings. I supose you could record the chemicals involved in the brain that effect the certain areas of the brain for feelings.

I guess that something as far fetched as multiple universes and multiple dimensions with the basic building blocks of these multiverses and dimensions being quantum particles that are neither here nor there and can exist anywhere until observed , is just as plausable as an all powerful being that created the whole lot , but still I have my doubts

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

What makes banana man so sure that his "God" didn't design them for monkeys?
nice video I never seen that one before.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join