It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous atheists last words before dying

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Rusethorcain:

Yours is a very cruel deity. I would take my business elsewhere.

That's exactly what atheists do. Most have had religion pressed upon then in some manner during their lifetime, and have fortunately grown out of it by their teen years. Later, they take a more circumspect look at it and confirm to themselves (individually) that religion is nothing more than superstitious pish, then with reason freed from religion's nightmare, are able to view the world from a 'real' perspective.

The sooner humanity grows out of the idea of needing religion, the sooner it will gain a genuinely compassionate and conscionable and humane spirituality.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire

The sooner humanity grows out of the idea of needing religion, the sooner it will gain a genuinely compassionate and conscionable and humane spirituality.

Where does such concepts come from? Surely not from apes or from some atomic big bang surely?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Rusethorcain:

That's exactly what atheists do. Most have had religion pressed upon then in some manner during their lifetime, and have fortunately grown out of it by their teen years. Later, they take a more circumspect look at it and confirm to themselves (individually) that religion is nothing more than superstitious pish, then with reason freed from religion's nightmare, are able to view the world from a 'real' perspective.

It's the opposite with me. I always thought it was all nonsense, and grew up without believing. Then I actually had a mystical experience while confirming my beliefs were true that made me believe.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by 547000]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

ok now this video kind of freaked me out...

why would this video freak you out?

we all go through this process - alone

I have no way of knowing if each (or any) of these quotes are really the last thoughts or dying words of any of these people

but even if they are - they are evidence of nothing besides doubt and fear

the same doubt and fear we all have

no matter how much research you do, how many other people you talk to - whichever beliefs you make your own or whatever comfort you find in this life - there is always going to be this question without an answer

and we each ultimately wrestle with all of this - alone

so - you're not alone in this

:-)

(don't freak out)

[edit on 8/28/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
wow. see thats the thing, no one is sure. and although u dont think about it, at good-bye time things get more serious. thats why i considered things carefuly and looked at both sides fairly, and well, i can only say the answers will surprise you.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Nice polite reasoning there after an excellent point was made.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Religion is death - wrapped in a cloak of veracity, disguised s hope, feigning truth, faking hope, all the while delivering hate, death, injustice, division, and above all lies.

Religion is without doubt - the very worst of man, the very darkest of our attributes manifested in the most vile and contemptible manner.

I am an atheist - religion is abhorrent to my very core - vile.

the misappropriation of dying mens lasts words as validation of incorrigible evil is in way proof - it is affirmation of of the depths plumbed by feckless wonders.

Religion is without doubt the very worst of all of mans creations.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Rusethorcain:

I think religion has clearly been misused and misunderstood but it is a basis in factual information and events that we cannot explain in modern times with earthly explanations. Except to say perhaps...they were making all that up. We cannot imagine what we have never seen at least once.

You discard "religion" based on the actions mankind has done in it's name. I think this is unfair to my creator....and perhaps your own.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
why theist people argue among them selfs beats me...

firstly you have taken a stance on believing it regardles if you denounce it or follow it , you agree on the notion that you can dissagree on a subject be it fiction of fact,

the thought stem from the same origin or concept.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Poetic, prosaic and delightful to read but still, none the less I think, inaccurate.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
ok now this video kind of freaked me out cause i am torn between both sides the sides being faith and the other purely thinking its god is not real ,but i allways seem to run into arguments on both sides , i am sure after this post ill pick eather one side or the other

I never understand posts like this. Do you really "pick" what to believe? Can you CHOOSE to not believe in God? Or to believe in him? I can't imagine waking up one day and thinking, "I'm going to choose to believe that the sky is pink today." When observation and thought LEADS to belief, not choosing a belief system.

For me, I either believe in something or I don't. I don't sit back and DECIDE what I'm going to believe. That's just so strange to me.

If you don't believe one way or the other, it's clear that you are agnostic.

As far as the film... it's already been said. Dying people, many times, aren't all that logical. And that spooky music could make Bugs Bunny seem scary.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
Religion is death - wrapped in a cloak of veracity, disguised s hope, feigning truth, faking hope, all the while delivering hate, death, injustice, division, and above all lies.

Religion is without doubt - the very worst of man, the very darkest of our attributes manifested in the most vile and contemptible manner.

the misappropriation of dying mens lasts words as validation of incorrigible evil is in way proof - it is affirmation of of the depths plumbed by feckless wonders.

You are my new God, praise the Atheist! STAR

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

You are my new God, praise the Atheist! STAR

Thanks,
the greatest offering of religion is the rationale that the oppression only came from man - in such a realization we can confer upon ourselves the truth of our own injustice and mistreatment of our fellow beings. In so doing we acknowledge and own our failures - making us stronger and better individuals and collective. The very existence of religion in a modern world stands as a banner and emblem of mans ability to progress and evolve - it stands as a permanent reminder of irrationality and intolerable inhumanity - it is invaluable only in this regard.

There is not much to be said of something of such profound ill repute.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Poetic, prosaic and delightful to read but still, none the less I think, inaccurate.

Dichotomy. Don't you think ?!

Its either "Poetic, prosaic and delightful" or inaccurate - but certainly not both - it lays down that challenge in its very essence - there is no room .

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I didn't see a single quote that said "Oh save me Jesus!!" .... Just some guys saying their regrets and fear of the unknown?

I'm a DEIST, I can relate to much of those quotes.. and any religion at all can as well.. If you think all those men suddenly, on their death bed, feared because they were not CHRISTIAN ... you sir, are sadly mistaken.

what are you talking about !!! ? DID I SAY AYNTHING ABOUT BEING CHRISTIAN ?!?! NO I DID NOT MY GOAL WITH THE VIDEO WAS TO MAYBE FIND HOPE ! that their might be an after life ,but every one on here has turnd it into a religion bicker ,sheesh stop twising my words please

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
rubbish, physical death is a freedom, its light and not dark, been there two times

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
My personal experience with death tells me there is soooo much more than our own beliefs with religion.

When I went to the other side, I felt nothing but love. I spoke without using my vocal chords to the higher spiritual beings. I was given my life plan.

The love and joy was beyond belief. There was no religion in my experience. Just extreme love and understanding.

The universe began with thought. Not matter. We all come from and go back to our original being. Thought spiritual beings.

thank you for reading and understanding my point with this post ,i believe too that for some reson its simply love ya that might be the anser if their is a god

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Dichotomy. Don't you think ?!

Its either "Poetic, prosaic and delightful" or inaccurate - but certainly not both - it lays down that challenge in its very essence - there is no room .

Sure there is. I read fairy tales and enjoy them. This is the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Question
Mark ?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

rubbish, physical death is a freedom, its light and not dark, been there two times

Well, some people see darkness, while others have negative NDEs.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join