It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous atheists last words before dying

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
Jheated,

The OP's threads always start fights and agruements, that is all he does is instigate.

now why would you say that ?!? have i been fighting with people ? is it my fault people turnd my thread into what it is now ? every one missed the whole point to this thread ,and your statement in its self is cause for concern ..thanks dude

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
if their is any mod out their that can shut this thread down please do so ,my goal was not to upset people , i wanted to have a decent conversation and it turnd south, so if their is anyway to shut this thread down please do it

many thanks

and i am sorry to all that i have upset please forgive me

Nephi

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
if their is any mod out their that can shut this thread down please do so ,my goal was not to upset people , i wanted to have a decent conversation and it turnd south, so if their is anyway to shut this thread down please do it

many thanks

Nephi

Things didn't go your way ? You open up a conversation and when people disagree with you you want it shut down. WOW. Prophetic.

Perhaps its time to question yourself - to consider that you are significantly further down the intellectual chain than you giver yourself credit for - why ? - Because religion is profoundly abhorrent - and this is the source of your = 'post' - so instead of feigning indignation at the immediate outburst of justified atheists at your profoundly slanted post - perhaps it is time to put on the hat of consideration - and try and understand WHY, ......WHY is it that your religious outbursts are so offensive in the 21st century - a millennium of reason has come to pass and, usurp, your fracka of irrationality concerning what was once indescribable and is now merely hum-drum.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
reply to post by rusethorcain

Question
Mark ?

If I knew who Mark was, I would question him.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

many thanks

Nephi

Things didn't go your way ? You open up a conversation and when people disagree with you you want it shut down. WOW. Prophetic.

Perhaps its time to question yourself - to consider that you are significantly further down the intellectual chain than you giver yourself credit for - why ? - Because religion is profoundly abhorrent - and this is the source of your = 'post' - so instead of feigning indignation at the immediate outburst of justified atheists at your profoundly slanted post - perhaps it is time to put on the hat of consideration - and try and understand WHY, ......WHY is it that your religious outbursts are so offensive in the 21st century - a millennium of reason has come to pass and, usurp, your fracka of irrationality concerning what was once indescribable and is now merely hum-drum.

hey buddy ! i am not in any religion !!!!! judging by this post here ..you did not read my first post , and i want it shut down because of people like you who take words and twist them around , i would have liked to have a nomal conversation on the possibily of their being life after death ,but it turnd into what it is now!!!! ,thanks for your understanding and once more sorry if i offended you

many thanks

Nephi

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Religion is death - wrapped in a cloak of veracity, disguised s hope, feigning truth, faking hope, all the while delivering hate, death, injustice, division, and above all lies.

Religion is without doubt - the very worst of man, the very darkest of our attributes manifested in the most vile and contemptible manner.

I am an atheist - religion is abhorrent to my very core - vile.

the misappropriation of dying mens lasts words as validation of incorrigible evil is in way proof - it is affirmation of of the depths plumbed by feckless wonders.

Religion is without doubt the very worst of all of mans creations.

What is life if you know not death?

What is hope, truth, hate, divisions, injustice, and lies?

What is the worst of man, if you know not what is the best of man? What is evil and being plunge into the deepest depths even if one is to simply discount the 'feckless wonders' as you decribe?

Where does all this dualism stems from, if not from a source that taught us to differentiate? Dare you claim you were borned out of a rock, or a being that was sparked from an atomic reaction at your birth? If so, why then a piece of metal is innate and devoid of emotions and more critically, the life you have?

Man, open thy eyes and ears that you may comprehend and seek within yourself for knowledge that is beyond the confines and walls of your self imposed prison of 5 senses, and presume yourself the master of all knowledge, past, present and future.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's amazing how many folk who profess to be atheists will cry out "God help me!" or something along that line, when facing death.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
It's amazing how many folk who profess to be atheists will cry out "God help me!" or something along that line, when facing death.

Really?

Who?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The question of why so many people, who had obviously spent a life time
holding the belief of no God. Then come to rest on their deathbed and turn
away from something that in the end offers them nothing. Is just one way
this question can be aproached. Insults are easier I guess. OP sure dosn't have them coming though.

To waste time complaining about the thread you are on is just ignorant.

You could be on a thread you like. So go there.

SnF

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Most of the people in the original video weren't even atheists

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Damn it OP Why did you have to use the word Atheist in the title?

Sorry Mr. X my bad.

I swear I'm getting senial. To much aluminum.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Damn it OP Why did you have to use the word Atheist in the title?

Sorry Mr. X my bad.

I swear I'm getting senial. To much aluminum.

i am very sorry about that for it was the title of the video , they were not my words ,now its a bit too late to go and edit it but ,i am sorry

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No worries. But you and the OP overlooking that fact shows something interesting.

Too often, we only focus on tag lines and short propaganda sentences instead of examining facts in detail. Just go on any of the major news networks and you'll see what I mean. Their tag lines are so provocative, that they are all people remember and respond too. People have gotten lazy, they don't do their research anymore and happily ingest tag lines only. Take Beck's show for example, his whole show is basically comprised of propaganda tag lines, mixed in with a few truths that any highschooler should already know.

That's NOT a good way to make up your mind about something!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by randyvs

No worries. But you and the OP overlooking that fact shows something interesting.

Too often, we only focus on tag lines and short propaganda sentences instead of examining facts in detail. Just go on any of the major news networks and you'll see what I mean. Their tag lines are so provocative, that they are all people remember and respond too. People have gotten lazy, they don't do their research anymore and happily ingest tag lines only. Take Beck's show for example, his whole show is basically comprised of propaganda tag lines, mixed in with a few truths that any highschooler should already know.

That's NOT a good way to make up your mind about something!

and too often people like your self do not bother to read everything that has been posted on this thread ,for if you have you would surely understand my position on this subject .i mean you no disrespect ,i have been arguing the whole time about people turning the subject into a religion and athist bashing thread ,once more that was not the point of my thread ,the point was searching for life after death ,and how the last words of people might speak in my favor ,however the thread was quickly overrun by nonsens ,so once more i am sorry for the misunderstanding i am trying to get the thread shut down right now ,and i mean you no ill will thank you for your posts

Nephi

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

How would people saying religious things before dying prove there's life after death? Fact is, we have no hard evidence for life after death. The "experiences" of some people who came back can easily be explained through body chemistry and processes that happen in the brain when you die.

I'm not saying there is no life after death (in whatever shape or form), but we have no evidence, and the last words of people dying can't really be considered proof of anything other than they were religious

And I'm not bashing religious people, they have the RIGHT to believe whatever they want. I only get "aggravated" when they blatantly try to claim their belief as scientific fact...or when they attack science in an incredibly uninformed manner. Like, if you ask me "if we come from monkeys, why are there still monkeys...see, evolution is wrong!!" then I'm gonna call you an idiot. I'll call you an idiot because that point has been shown to be idiotic about a gazillion times on these boards

[edit on 28-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Nephi1337

How would people saying religious things before dying prove there's life after death? Fact is, we have no hard evidence for life after death. The "experiences" of some people who came back can easily be explained through body chemistry and processes that happen in the brain when you die.

I'm not saying there is no life after death (in whatever shape or form), but we have no evidence, and the last words of people dying can't really be considered proof of anything other than they were religious

And I'm not bashing religious people, they have the RIGHT to believe whatever they want. I only get "aggravated" when they blatantly try to claim their belief as scientific fact...or when they attack science in an incredibly uninformed manner. Like, if you ask me "if we come from monkeys, why are there still monkeys...see, evolution is wrong!!" then I'm gonna call you an idiot. I'll call you an idiot because that point has been shown to be idiotic about a gazillion times on these boards

[edit on 28-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

i did not say it would prove life after death i was just saying i would like to possibly make a connection through the last words of people that die ,for instance their was a thread on here not to long ago and ill have to find it ,but the thread was somthing about a rabbi who was a very big in isreal ,his last words that were written down befor he died was the name of jesus and somthing to do with the return ,ill have to find the thread ,but i guess what i am trying to so here is like i said make a connection and yes further research would have been better on my behalf.i jumped to quickly into the post i sould have researched it more ,but i will ,but who knows what the answer is ? ill surly never find it in my life time and i am sure none of us here will so i guess this argument will never stop ,i just want it to stay civil thats all ,and i mean no harm or disrespect to anyone and once more i am sorry if i offended you or anyone els on the thread

Nephi

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

People I have known personally over the years which means their names are none of your business. Are you trying to be a smart ass?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Not to mention that Ghandi was not an atheist.

I would be curious to see how many "Christians" had visions of hell and judgment or aloneness on their deathbeds as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

Matthew 27:46

Around the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, saying "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" which is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Mark 15:34

And at the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, "Eloi Eloi lema sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
reply to post by Annee

People I have known personally over the years which means their names are none of your business. Are you trying to be a smart ass?

Absolutely not.

Why are you so disturbed by what I said?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Mike_A

Not to mention that Ghandi was not an atheist.

I would be curious to see how many "Christians" had visions of hell and judgment or aloneness on their deathbeds as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

Matthew 27:46

Around the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, saying "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" which is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Mark 15:34

And at the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, "Eloi Eloi lema sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

not to be rude here but this was already stated a few times in this thread, but who knows what the answer is ? do you ? i certanily do not

thanks for your post

Nephi

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join