It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i was almost arrested for.........apples.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Dont know if anyone has said this but they may have been looking for something else in your bag.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
as i rolled into the trailhead, and killed my headlights, it was 2 in the morning.
i was dressed in all black, i donned my backpack and night vision goggles.
shouldered my ar, strapped on my ammo belt and canteens.
after cutting the barbed wire, it was approximately a 3 mile hike up the canyon to the point the game trail cuts off to the right and heads over the ridge.
the trail drops down into a beautiful meadow, surrounded by nice second generation pines. on the left side of the large meadow, there is the old stone foundation from the original homestead house. behind a few out buildings, one in decent shape. no windows or anything, still papered with old newspapers out of the early 20's. an old wagon wheel still leaning against the outside wall.
on the right side of the meadow is the target, an abandoned orchard. mostly apple trees, but pears and cherries mixed in. the apple trees are huge, 30-40 feet high, covered with apples, large groups on the branches. hundreds, if not thousands of apples on each tree.
after silently observing the area to make sure i was alone, i made my move.
it only took about 2 hours to collect 10 huge duffel bags full of fruit. after burying 9 bags, i shouldered one of them. had to be well over 100 pounds.
it was a long slog back down the mountain.
to my surprise, after getting the duffel in the truck, a squad of marines appeared out of no where with weapons aimed at my head...............

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Men repelling from blackhawks, bullhorn blasting, spotlight and youer a star! On the ground apple boy!

There is an old law that goes way back....way way back...about farmers leaving a few rows of corn standing on the edge of the field...."so the poor of my people can eat".

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Almost arrested for apples? After reading your story, I would say that statement is synonymous with a bank robber saying that they were arrested for money

It wasn't the apples that almost got you arrested, it was your actions.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

On the ground apple boy!

lol, this cracked me up!

on the ground apple boy!
the adventures of a rubbertramp.

i'm beginning my autobiography today.

disclosure; the story a few response back is fiction,
everything except the description of the meadow.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

honest question, are you beginning to believe that the wolves have been getting more aggressive as time goes by, or do you think the behaviour you explain is normal for them?

At first there was a lot of speculation as to why the aggression as most feel like you felt wolves were not that aggressive generally towards humans. Apparently after some research this strain is known for its aggressiveness, they think because its natural habitat has been the Canadian wilderness for so long and it has not had much contact with humans. People thought when the hunting seasons were opened the wolves would learn to stay away from humans but they haven't.

Check out the size of these things:

www.boiseshooters.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

wow, what beautiful animals. not to much bigger than some i encountered in the bob marshall and around glacier.
the aggressiveness is sad, i'd always hoped us humans could just get along with wildlife.
i'll do a search, or if you can point me to any articles where humans have actually been harmed i'd appreciate it.
i've had a wolf, just like grizzlies in the past do a fake charge in my direction.

do you think that all these wolves should be slaughtered?
do you think they should be moved?
was the reintroduction done in a bad place like i mentioned in the gila?
sorry for all the questions, i've just never heard of such aggressiveness, even in my 25 years of living off the grid all throughout the rockies.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Wait, animals need human made old homesteads, and human planted fruit trees to survive?... really?... Since when?... Last i heard the environlunatics have been claiming that animals would be better without mankind and they can survive well without our help, so eat up all the fruit you want that old homestead and all the fruit trees in there were planted by mankind...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Almost arrested for apples? After reading your story, I would say that statement is synonymous with a bank robber saying that they were arrested for money

It wasn't the apples that almost got you arrested, it was your actions.

Oh yeah we forgot... There are also laws against storing rain water and people can be arrested for storing rainwater...
But hey, according to Aggie it is like "stealing a bank" so the EPA aholes must be right....

Did anyone read about how animals like horses are being hunted down by these same aholes, I mean sorry ...people... who don't want you to get natural rain water, or fruits that are growing in PUBLIC lands?...

Did anyone read how water sources are surrounded by barbed wires so that animals like horses can die of thirst because of some of these same laws MADE UP by these same people who don't want us having our own personal and natural harvests/gardens, and don't want us to collect rainwater?...

But hey, these are the same people who labeled CO2 as a pollutant and who have also been fighting to make water vapor a pollutant so they can control us even more, tax us more, and in general have more draconian laws against us evil people who want a natural way of life without having to eat so many fruits, veggies, and even game full of pesticides and toxic chemicals approved by the EPA, the UN, the WHO, etc, etc.....

Aggie must be right, let's all bow down to the good people of the UN, the EPA, and WHO who just want what is best for us, or what is best for animals like wild horses...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Why is it so hard for some people to just follow some basic, simple rules? Don't steal, don't harm any one....shouldn't be that hard i think.

Riiiight... like those same people are so good at treating animals, like wildhorses which are being hunted to extinction by the aholes who made these same laws...

But hey, they are doing it for the good of the government funded cow factories so they can pump us full of toxic chemicals, and pesticides which plays so well with their depopulation schemes....

You are very right, we should all put up our arms and let them slowly kill us...

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that they ARE NOT doing it for our own good, or the good of the animals?....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
people are still acting like i stole the apples.
there's been info posted vindicating me,
now show me the evidence proving my guilt.
i'm surprised how many are willing to convict based on nothing.
what ever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is no different then fishing or hunting.
When you go fishing or hunting (also on public land and using public resources) you pay a fee for a license, and it is controlled as to how much you can take.

What did you pay the public for what you took as though it was your personal property?
Again, its theft, the same as poaching. Laws like this go all the way back to when you could not hunt on the Kings land. That is how much case law there is to support that this is in fact a type of theft.

Be thankful you did not do this in times gone by:

The punishment for poaching in the king's forest in Norman times was severe: Richard I's assize of 1198 threatened deer-stealers with blinding and castration. Though the royal forests were exceptional, and savage punishments were relaxed, poaching, in its various forms, continued as a major irritant until rural society gave way to town life in the later 19th cent.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew that you don't even take a rock from public lands. When you take something from someone else and they never said you could have it, this is called stealing. Robbery is not excused if whatever you steal is not going to be used. Is it OK for deer to raid your refrigerator? No, I didn't think so.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

still again, your convicting without proof. show me the law.
comparison to a law from the 1100's isn't realistic.
now, if we are talking your personal opinion, this is different.
that i can respect.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

who am i stealing from?
a deer stealing from a fridge would be on private property, completely different ballgame.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Detained not arrested. Some guys have been detained by my government for 8 years. Arrested and detained are the same thing. You got arrested, dude. I'm glad they let you go, not because you think you were innocent, but because the jails are full and I don't need to pay tax money to jail apple thieves.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

who am i stealing from?
a deer stealing from a fridge would be on private property, completely different ballgame.

Same rules, the fans do not get to keep the ball if it lands in the stands. Wait, they do in baseball. Ok, now we all know we can't just take from public lands, but I bet you could get a harvesting permit for $10,000. It would only take several days of paperwork.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
here, just in case anyone is actually interested.

All plants and animals are protected in national and state parks and national wildlife refuges. On all other public lands state wildlife laws apply to the taking of wildlife. On Forest Service and BLM lands permits may be obtained for cutting firewood or collecting plants for personal use. With the exception of lands administered by the National Park Service, invertebrate fossils, rocks, plants, fruits and berries may be collected for personal use on most public lands. For specific rules, consult the appropriate agency.

actual regulation.

i hope that quote wasn't to long. it would make
80 points deducted in one thread, seems a lot.

Mod Edit: Changed quote tags to external text tags.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Just to clarify. The cited text above is from an external source and therefore has different rules for size. In fact, when using the external text tag, the size is automatically limited. Using quote tags to circumvent the external text size limit is also prohibited, but as you can see, your text fit quite nicely using the proper tags.

I hope this helps quells the fear that someone is out to get you all. This change is compliments of your friendly mod.

[edit on 2010/8/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ok, now we all know we can't just take from public land

entirely not true.
quantity and intention.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
still again, your convicting without proof. show me the law.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Sure thing, here are a few from a quick search:

36 CFR 261.6
(h) Removing forest product without permit or contract $250
36 CFR 261.9
(a) Damaging natural feature or other property of U.S. $150
(b) Removing natural feature or other property of U.S. $150
36 CFR 261.57
(e) Grazing $100
36 CFR 261.58
(t) Possessing, storing, or transporting any part of a tree or other plant, as specified in the order $50

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Edit: Cut off text in EX tag

[edit on 8/25/2010 by defcon5]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join