It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do NOT want to contact Extra-terrestrial life... Thankyou.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

It seems we are agreed on that point at least ! Glad to have heard your opinion though.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

exactly, what fun is a single wipe-out?
when you kill a fly do you not pin it down and pull its wings off first?
do you pull a daddy long legs's legs off before you kill it?

evil.

Mod Note: Replace large quote with "Reply to" tag.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/8/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by da elohim

Yes, yes I do.

I like to pull of the legs of daddy longlegs and pull the wings off fly’s and if I am feeling bored I like to kick puppies and dwarfs as I eat a KFC in front of a homeless man.

Do you have any other questions about my evilness or should I just go ahead and have you smited.

Or, you could try just accepting that some people have a difference of opinion and it has nothing to do with being “evil”. I could through around all sorts of slanderous and brainless insults at you and other posters for having opinions different to mine but i don’t because i respect the opinions of others, even if they clash with my own.

Do you have anything constructive to add to this discussion like your own opinion?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

it was more... metaphorical, it wasn't aimed at you... AT ALL??? and i'm not saying everybody does, but then again, some do. i don't see how you took it offensively?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I agree with the sentiment of not wanting E.T. contact. I want to see us do it all by ourselves like big boys. I don't need something holding my hand telling me how to be responsible, I don't know about you guys...On the other hand, if we are united as a planet and advancing at the same rate together as a whole and starting to colonize the moon and Mars. I don't see why contact with aliens would be a bad thing. At that point, they'd have as much to learn from us, as us from them. Personally though, I've seen a "bright ufo" disappear in front of mine and 2 other peoples eyes after chaning colors, swaying and floating above the lake...So who really knows what's going on here?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

kevinunknow

'SMITED' - what a great word, I had forgotten that one..

Might start using that in some of my other posts...... it's also probably a word used in US diplomatic circles

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'll go down both paths.

Pro - We've sent out our signals and these benevolent creatures have picked up on that and would love to usher our planet into a new phase of evolution. We'll have an intergalactic picnic of epic proportions and sing and dance and have a wonderful time.

Con - There are so many bad scenarios that I'll have to list them individually. I'll base these from our own human experience and maybe a little bit of comic book/movie stuff.
1. Traveling pillagers who kill the entire face of the planet (killing all organisms and chance for infection) and mining the resources.
2. Automatons that pick up signals, monitor activity, and then kill any potential threats.
3. Intergalactic missionaries? Ah, that's a good one. They are traveling through to proselytize every society they meet that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the true master and those that shall not worship him, shall be smote.
4. And my favorite. Same as the Pro argument, but they give us all space herpes.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I am not allowed to re-post what you said to tell you that I gave you a star and that I liked your comment and thought it made a lot of sense.
I didn't think it was that long a quote but still the moderator removed it.
Anyway it was very well said and you deserve an applause for it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Most people are too focused on their daily lives and will laugh-off the possibility of 'alien' activity. Little do they know they need not look at the skies, They Only NEED look below their feet?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

WickettheRabbit

A 'cost vs Benefit' analysis of your options would SUGGEST that the 'Cost' is greater than the 'Benefit' I think..... especially the last one...!!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

This is a legitimate viewpoint that I don't often see expressed here, and one that I, at least somewhat, agree with.

Who are we to assume that an advanced super-intelligent species will be benevolent? How do we come to such a conclusion?

I find that it usually rests on weak arguments based around, "well, humans aren't intelligent because we're so hostile towards one another that it hampers our advancement as a species, therefore a supremely intelligent species must be benevolent."

To me, that's an utterly silly argument. War drives technological advancement. It's an unfortunate fact. For me, it's just as likely the first contact with another species will be a doomsday of sorts for mankind, as they could be viscous, evil beings that want nothing more than to "conquer the galaxy."

It's all speculation until first contact really does happen, but I'd like to ere on the side of caution as well. Who knows what's out there. Think about it. We could be a lot closer to a "Star Wars" type of situation than any of us realize. For all we know, there could be an evil "galactic Empire."

Edit:

I would like to add that it still is very important for us as a species to discover what other kinds of life exist elsewhere. It's the only way we'll truly advance in our knowledge and understanding of the universe. It's just, unfortunately, kind of a double edged sword.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would like to contact them.
I don't think we should let our fears of inadequacy, or the unexpected cause us to do nothing but forestall the unavoidable.
Bring it on.

You have an important U2U

[edit on 2010/8/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

This is valid as well. Whether we do or do not seek them, it may be inevitable that they will seek us, good or bad.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
These are the rules for quoting. As you can see they are quite simple and are intended to make the reading experience on ATS much more enjoyable. They are not as draconian as some have wished to characterize them.

I would also like to call members' attention to the "Reply to" button. It is very useful.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

Grady

If you engage in excessive quoting, you will receive a "warning" and points penalty. Examples of what would cause a warning for an excessive quote are:

Quote the post immediately before yours: This makes no sense, and quoting the entire previous post above yours will result in a slight warning.

Quoting an entire post: Size doesn't matter unless the post is already small, less than 3 sentences. You will receive a warning if you quote an entire post that exceeds four or more sentences.

Compound quoting: If you quote someone quoting someone, this will result in a penalty.

As with multiple topics, our concern is mainly for board readability and the overall user experience. Try to imagine yourself as a new users, and how frustrating it would be to constantly have to scroll through repeated material within message threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2010/8/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
why dont you want to make contact? all the cool kids are doin it don't you wanna be COOL?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What's the worst that can happen ?

They will kill us. Right ? We are all gonna die anyway... Besides, we make an art of killing ourselves.

We take more then we we get served and that will eventually kill us all.

I'd say... Since the worst case scenario is already in existence. The do's are better covered then the don't's

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

If this alien species were altruistic I don't buy for a second that they'd fall into a secret pact with a handful of shady politicians who can't even keep their own secrets very well, much less anything on this kind of scale. I think that we'd all know, very quickly, what was happening.

You do? I'm curious to know why you have come to that conclusion. Please don't take this as sarcasm...it's not. I really am curious why you think this. I'm also wondering if you've considered the fact that maybe we HAVE been informed that this has happened, yet we as a population are choosing to ignore this and instead pretend like it's the talk of lunatics? I mean, look how many government officials HAVE stated that there has been alien contact and/or ufo sightings on earth and in space during Apollo missions.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

We take more then we we get served and that will eventually kill us all.

Wow, how true that is.

(Second line).

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

Yeah, in rereading that I confused my original point. OK, trying again.

In a couple thousand years from now what will humans be like? Every time we have some great scientific/technological breakthrough we add it to our arsenal of ways to kill each other.

If aliens exist and are visiting earth they've obviously worked through that phase, at least for themselves. If they've been visiting for as long as some theorists suggest and we are still here - they must have worked through their need to kill off new things they come across ... us, since we are still here.

Earthbound as we are at this time we have no say in the matter if someone/something decides to cross galaxies to visit.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I do not understand much of what you just posted above.

We are not allowed to post a post that has someone quoting someone else in it? And there is more I don't understand but I can't see it now to ask since I can't copy and post what you just said.

And this whole post should be removed for being off topic.
There go a few more of my points.
Unfair, unfair, unfair.

I am leaving the thread...not ATS! So make no mistake (it has happened) but I am frustrated and going to find another task to accomplish rather than try and speak to people here. Maybe I will weed the garden.

Where are the aliens when you want to talk to them anyway?

Do you think they will listen to reason any better than earthlings?

I certainly hope so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join