It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do NOT want to contact Extra-terrestrial life... Thankyou.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

I know Professor Stephen Hawking commented recently that Humanity should be doing all it can to avoid contact.

You shouldn't worry about the actions of something so beyond your power and control.

Ants shouldn't be worried about us stomping on them.

We certainly might do it...but worrying, or anything else for that matter, wouldn't be able to stop us if we so decided.

I don't follow/worship/obey any humans, but if Aliens came to Earth, you really just should calmly ask, "What can I do for you?"

Fighting against something so extremely beyond your power is futile.

Just imagine someone showed you they had super human powers, wouldn't you want this person on your "side" ?

Wouldn't you want to be an apprentice?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Hello

Like I said in the title,

" I do NOT want to contact Extra-terrestrial life"...

PurpleDOG UK

FOOLISH ONE.... as if you will have a choice in the matter. Best prep your mind maybe to meet your maker. (Hint, hint, wink, wink?)

[edit on 24-8-2010 by havanaja]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by havanaja

FOOLISH ONE.... as if you will have a choice in the matter. Best prep your mind maybe to meet your maker. (Get the point?)

Best post in the thread, in my not-very-humble opinion.
This kind of fearful mind needs a lot of prep, though.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Good theory but lacking in one thing, ants are helpless to adapt to us stomping on them, we are human beings and have been known to adapt to many situations and find solutions.... plus if aliens were so technologically advanced couldnt they just design a bio weapon that would target human beings only and wipe us out?.... exactly so you see if we have to fight we must maintain control of the situation with aliens and never let our guard down until we can assess the ins and outs of any possible conflict.... I say we ask them " what can we do for them" yes but also we should have ET protocol in the event of contact in place so we can lay out our boundaries and gain their respect

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

I know Professor Stephen Hawking commented recently that Humanity should be doing all it can to avoid contact.

You shouldn't worry about the actions of something so beyond your power and control.

Ants shouldn't be worried about us stomping on them.

We certainly might do it...but worrying, or anything else for that matter, wouldn't be able to stop us if we so decided.

I don't follow/worship/obey any humans, but if Aliens came to Earth, you really just should calmly ask, "What can I do for you?"

Fighting against something so extremely beyond your power is futile.

Just imagine someone showed you they had super human powers, wouldn't you want this person on your "side" ?

Wouldn't you want to be an apprentice?

No thanks, i have a free soul and that's how i intend on keeping it. Simply because a species is far more older in time reference does not automatically profile them as god's let alone passive. What on earth ever gave you that indication that they here for a pleasure cruise across the stars only to stop by earth, perhaps abduct and the last, well yeah that's a breeze, oh wait on...why would such a species show particular interest to defense systems either terrestrial or in space ?

I guess they fear the space shuttle and the other black projects they themselves instigated and on the off chance that earth bound species would...and i do stress the would, come into direct conflict with them.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think this whole issue is getting blown out of proportion. Not only does it seem extremely unlikely that; one: extraterrestrials will ever receive these messages, and two: that these same aliens will also believe it prudent to come to an already inhabited planet (when there are a countless number in the universe) and try to liberate resource while having to deal with resident intelligent life.

If we are going to use our own past as a standard, then why not also use it as a standard in context with the time it takes for intelligent life to develop upon a planet.

Think about the age of Earth and the span humans have occupied it. There is a huge amount of time for extraterrestrials to take whatever resource they'd like unobstructed. Why come now if this was there intent?

but hey.. maybe they don't like the way we treat our diamonds! Beware of clouds!

edit:sp

[edit on 25-8-2010 by starstrings]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by InterestedUK

In my opinion "trust" is a human emotion, and we have so many, that it may cause " a change of events" if we are contacted and do NOT have the mind set to make things better, we will get what we asked for.

We as a planet are looking for a savior, a way out, little do we know that we have had it in us all along. By the time we see it it will be to late, and "that" will be of our own doing.

Peace.

There is only ONE Savior; Our Lord.

Mind you that there are several "sheep" out there that have know idea what's going on, whether it would it be with the GOM(Gulf of Mexico), Alien Revelation, DNA Reversible Technology, etc., which...leads me to believe that you MUST take the time to LOOK at FACT, as opposed to what is posted on these boards.

"We as a planet our looking for a savior"

Good God, he's all around us!!! No need to look for spaceships, and orbs. All you have to do is feel him/her!

If you can't, I'll pray for you.

-OE

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
First I'd like to say thank-you for the replies and the many perspectives on the initial statement I made.....

'I do NOT want to contact Extra-terristrial life...Thankyou.'

There are many ways of looking at this, those who favour contact, those who don't. Those would think humanity is evolving and those who seem to de-test humanity (read All the threads and you'll see examples of this).

What it has illustrated to me is that as a species we DO NOT have an agreed or confirmed 'protocol' when and if we do make contact or get visited.... ......

I would like to have been asked as a member of the Human race how we as a 'race' would behave with meeting another 'race', the next most important step in our Evolution, I would have thought.....

I think that we should lobby our politicians and leaders and who ever else proclaims to be in charge to start to create and produce a 'Human / Alien Protocol'.

It might lead elsewhere..... it should be a question 'genuinely asked when we meet politicians who canvass our vote'...... I mean they represent me and I'm part of the Human race .....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Originally posted by havanaja

FOOLISH ONE.... as if you will have a choice in the matter. Best prep your mind maybe to meet your maker. (Get the point?)

Best post in the thread, in my not-very-humble opinion.
This kind of fearful mind needs a lot of prep, though.

Just a quickie Guys, I don't FEAR anything thing or anybody perhaps with the exception of a BIG spider......

Let's hope ET isn't a BIG spider type of thing ......

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thank you for explaining your reasons to post this thread. Which I like to comment on.

I think that when or if an alien species will show themselves for whatever reasons. These aliens have traveled further then we could imagine . It is save to assume that they are more advanced then we are. That means the decision is theirs to make and if they don't want governments to keep it a secret they will not let it happen. The only option for us to be kpt in the dark is when the aliens are just like us. Besides the attempt to make first contact we have already exposed ourselves with radio waves. We do not have the option to say no IMO. Even if we wanted to.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
No thanks, i have a free soul and that's how i intend on keeping it.

Who said anything about your soul?

I simply said that would want to learn from them...

"apprentice"
en.wikipedia.org...

Simply because a species is far more older in time reference does not automatically profile them as god's let alone passive.

But in terms of power they would be Gods to us.

Fighting them is like a child fighting adults.

They might not be passive (friendly), but you might as well assume they are because you won't be able to prevent them from doing anything they want anyway.

My overall point, is that I would trust aliens because I don't see any other reasonable action.

If you can't beat um...

and i do stress the would, come into direct conflict with them.

You should only fear what you can control.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

You should only fear what you can control.

I agree, but you're a lucky man if you can control, any fear from the mind, from uncontrollable eeriness.

Besides a tiny chance for us to stumble upon an easy way to interstellar travel and a force shield and mankind with all our primitive ways will be spreading these ways across the galaxy.

Little side not :
These are also the ways that would make us survive the war mongering species we will encounter, enslave those that are weak and be friends with those we can not begin to compare ourselves with.

OK, we won't enslave them , but we would make our cut of their property our own. With force if needed.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Let's hope ET isn't a BIG spider type of thing ......

If ET is a big spider type thing, I will not be doing any talking to it either.

I actually have tried to adjust my thinking so IF something that looks like a giant praying mantis came along and started talking I would be courteous. At least I wouldn't have a heart attack and die before I can get "hi, how ya doin'?" out of my mouth.
I have not done the mental practice with spidery looking things...I may as well wrap it up. If that is the case, all that stuff I said earlier, forget about it. I'm out.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Can you imagine if an alien race is anything like us? They will be like "Oh hai guys, ya we come in peace" then like 2 years down the road they will be like "guys, oh yaa... you see... you're going to have to move... see we need room for our species. If you don't move, we're going to have.. heh heh.. I don't know how to say this, so I'll just say it... kill all of you... yep~
"

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

See, I really love arachnids... they are technicaly perfectly adapted to perform the function which evolution has given to them. That would be eating pest insects , and in the case of larger species, birds and medium sized rodents to boot. The sheer array of weaponry and observation techniques that they posses and use, is staggering, and among the life forms of earth, I believe they are the most diverse multicellular creatures ever discovered . If I met one that was capable of reason and intellectual discussion I would JUMP (like a jumping spider) at the chance to converse, because I have always wanted to know what sensation is like for a being with an exo skeleton, and also because I would love to hear a description of what life looks like through eight eyes! Fascinating creatures!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join