It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do NOT want to contact Extra-terrestrial life... Thankyou.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Your's is a common attitude even if not always admitted to.

But have no fear. Your friendly PTB are hard at work keeping you safe from the knowledge.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I find this topic highly interesting and am glad to see a cautious approach outlined with little negativity or ranting, so thank you for that PurpleDogUK!

We know far too little to really say for certain either way.

Here's my thinking, for better or worse:

I think that if that there are aliens out there, then it's highly likely that there's multiple races. We're talking thousands and above considering the insane and mind boggling size of the galaxy and universe itself.

Next that's important is to realize that they will most likely need faster than light travel capability. That doesn't tell us much because we don't know how much faster it would be. Transportation with no range? Warp Speed? It's important to take this into consideration because it'll tell us how many alien groups would be in range.

Following this we'll need to consider their capability to detect life. This would also change the number of aliens we would have to deal with. Nevertheless, the higher the speed and the bigger the capability of detection there's one last element that's important: Time of conception. How old are the alien races? We could be one of the youngest races in the galaxy or the oldest, we don't know.

There's also the question of biology and environmental conditions. While every race would develop on their own and based on their own societal developments + environment, as soon as they would investigate space using FTL drives, they would meet others. This is where that other variable, time, comes into play. If we give them thousands of years (not very much in galactic time), we could imagine that there would be some sort of council or meeting group of various alien races (imagine something like the UN) that would develop.

And now comes that million dollar question: Do we assume they are benevolent or hostile? Assuming they are benevolent we can imagine they would have a sort of Prime Directive, not willing to interfere with another race's own development.

If they are hostile, then as soon as they figure out where we are then we are screwed. Either total annihilation, enslavement or being farmed. All three options are terrible. Or maybe they really are toying with us in some fashion or through our leaders. In any case, it's not a pretty picture.

Considering the unexplainable presence of UFOs and all of those stories that military and aviation officials have come out to talk about on record, I believe it's likely a combination of both.

It seems to me that there's something to a few of the abduction stories and quite a few have been a little scary. So maybe some enterprising aliens have come here for their own purposes. The government angle is also interesting, it could very well be that our recent explosion of technological advancements have been derived from something we've taken from aliens.

I could go on and on building this house of cards. And that's what it is and the only thing we can build at the moment. We can change a single variable and a whole different picture appears.

I like the idea/theory that the major alien presence is operating on a Prime Directive basis and waiting for our own governments (which aliens would respect) to push disclosure.

As for motives of the aliens. That really is pure speculation. We have no idea what they value. All we can do is project our own mindset and paradigms onto them.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Want to contact an alien, its simple
just go out and buy a ouji board, same!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Man, if you were an advanced race, would you want to contact human beings? I sure as hell would not. I'm sure there's no need for you to worry, because this planet would be given a wide bearth - this is where we violent, stupid bipeds live.

I reallt can't stand human arrogance. As if we're so great. We're AWFUL. Hateful, violent, bigoted, torturous, bloody-minded, greedy and dumb.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Now, now. I get so tired of people who think that humanity is too stupid or dangerous for ET to interact with humanity. Because the fact of the matter is, that as bad as we might judge people to be, there is every reason to think that "aliens" will probably be much worse than people will ever be. If we are smart, they will be much smarter. If they are more violent, they will be far more violence. No matter what, I get so tired of complaining about how bad we are. It's all relative.

If nothing else, I think it might be very important to try and avoid direct contact with aliens, not because we're bad boys and girls, but because our ignorance is going to push and pull us in a million different directions and ultimately cause our own destruction because of it. Our ideas of right and wrong won't matter. We'll just end up destroying everything we know, because we won't be able to agree about it.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[Mod Note: Removed quote of entire post directly above this post.]

[edit on 2010/8/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie

In my opinion, this would be unlikely. The fact that if we're being visited by ETs, they would already have extraordinary capabilites in technology, and I doubt earth would have anything to offer them. Furthermore, I bet there are several uninhabited planets, closer to them than earth, that could offer them the same, if not more valuable resources.

We are one genius away from an interstellar drive. We already have the rest of the technology, someone has a breakthrough and we have an interstellar drive the rest of the ship is a matter of resources and development.

Lets say we did this in a few decades but we tipped our planet over the brink and we had to leave.

Would you want us headed at you with a full nuclear arsenal looking to take your planet?

Technology does not make one any more enlightened or empathetic, its just another tool.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
i can still remember seeing the twilight zone ..to serve man..i see V made a come back too. i think of all the movieland interpretations fused into my brain... communion
with christopher walken sticks in my head, since i was raised near the catskills.
in arizona it was fire in the sky..nope-i dont need any aliens after me. my favorite-
MARS ATTACKS!!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Is it too far reaching to consider that we may just be the most advanced
race species of our universe?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yes, contact could result in a bad situation; however, as it stands, I would trust them more than our current politicians.
2nd line is 2nd line.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
lotta good points here,

one i didnt see.

maybe the reason we should seek out other life is because we are currently alone.

who wants to be lonely?

the only ones who dont think we are alone are the ones who find support in all the other ET stories that have occured through history.

i'd side with them on that question,

but still we need official contact with another form of life, so we humans on this earth can get over the lonelyness and realize this universe isnt about just us.

it bothers me that there is no solid answer to the masses of people on this earth if the question is posed by them, is there alien life out there?

this is reason enough to seek it out, if we stick here and not seek it out then how will we ever know if it even exists,

no one should want to hide from something when they arent even sure it exists.

how many other things in life could you hide from without reason, should we go over a list of the different phobias that exist in this world.

Xenophobia - fear of strangers/foreigners, etc...but in the sci-fi world it is also used for the fear of aliens from space, etc.

www.chacha.com...

also this thread is all addresing the reasonable logical critical reasons we should or shouldnt, what about the emotional reasons?

i'd argue that most people on this earth have an emotional tie thats tells them they need to know,

if all the worlds leaders, actors, and various respected famous people, came out at the same time and asked all their audience, do you want to know if aliens/ET exist?

there would only be a small minority saying no, a very large screaming majority would say yes, they want to know.

isnt that reason enough? if someone doesnt want to know badly enough to say no to the offering then that person would easily be able to ignore whatever answer was presented, like they ignore it now.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This thread makes me think of a book by Lary Niven called The Mote in God's Eye. It's about humanities first contact with an alien race after they (the humans) have been spreading through the galaxy.
It's a great read and deals with a lot of the fears people seem to be writing about here

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
its all bo??ocks that aliens are in league with our govts, im 38 and have more than 18 personal encounters and sightings to my name, and in the process of writing a book it all. i've seen the royal airforce trying to get close to craft i saw, and ive seen them patrolling with fighter jets. govts want to kill these people and try to.
I can fully understand and respect youre beliefs we should stay away, but we cant, interstellar humans risk their lives coming influencing and interfering with humanity, and govts have more than enough evidence to convince all people aliens visit earth.
Aliens will do with us as they please and they always did, please though dont judge them how you would judge humans, they are perfect people, perfect personalities, just perfect in every way and turning our imperfections into the past and to be non existent.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I found your post a little sarcastic but if you are serious I think this is a step in the right direction.
There is no reason to be afraid of contacting Aliens or what ever. However it is just pointless to become obscessed over finding Alien life and making contact as no one knows for sure if making contact with "Aliens" would even further man kind.
Just focus on what you know and can confirm with your own eyes...not any b.s. notion that we are "constantly" being visiting and contacted by Aliens all the time.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thegreatestone

Really? 18? You must be somehow special then, since most people have none.

Would you mind telling more about your "sightings"?

Anyway, the OP has every right of being afraid of the assumed ETs. I just don't see any point of really being afraid of anything. What's the worst thing that could happen? They enslave us, kill us? Well, that's not a lot worse what our governments our doing to us right now.

I don't think we got that much to lose, but so much to gain.

[edit on 24/8/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It seems to me that if there are aliens out there, flying about our galaxy or solar system or even our planet, then they are highly advanced technologically, and/or highly evolved.

We are thinking of aliens as being resource-driven entities. We really don't know if physical things like minerals and metals are of any use to them. If any non-terrestrial life form were to contact us on Earth because they want our resources, I think that they would either do a hostile takeover (which might be able to be done faster/easier than we humans can even imagine) or enter peaceful negotiations and reveal themselves to every human.

Let's assume we can rule out the hostile takeover. Really, for all you and I know, this takeover could already be complete. We could be the slaves right now. But we'll assume that there was no hostile takeover and will not be a hostile takeover.

If aliens were going to make themselves known, perhaps they need enough people making a "call" to them collectively (or individually!) for them to show up. If we don't want them to show up, they won't show up. The reason for this would be a respect of our free will as living entities. We all strive to respect each other's free will (we all *should* do so anyways) - if these aliens are traveling space, then I'd bet their philosophy is advanced as their technology. Actually, we as a species kinda mess up that idea - we have advanced tech but the general public is unfortunately ignorant.

I think that the energy crisis is something we can easily avert, that there are already human-invented devices and tech which can solve our energy issues, eliminating the need for certain resources. I think that aliens probably have more advanced energy sources, perhaps directly manipulating photons, giving them rotation and essentially synthesizing chemical elements (see Reciprocal System of Theory, a unified field theory, the best I've come across anyways www.rstheory.org - click Library at top right), which would eliminate the need for various metals and materials.

Perhaps they are so evolved that they no longer need resources or exist in material ways. Perhaps these UFO's we see are thought-projections of their consciousness taking a form which can travel through space.

Perhaps these aliens are completely extra-dimensional and have complete control over their appearance in our dimensions. The excellent book, Flatland, can help you to visualize what it's like to be a 1-dimensional, 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional, etc. entity. It also shows that, to a 2D entity, a 3D entity would seem to be like a god, having the power to be in two places at once and generally royally $^#% up the 2D entity's laws of nature.

So these aliens could be 4D beings which naturally exist completely outside of our physical reality, not being bound by any of our material limitations.

I think this material world is our ball and chain, but necessary at the same time. Our ego allows us to learn more about the world, but also allows for material attachments which often distort our understanding of the world. We have the ego so that we can be individuals, but it is also our greatest challenger, and defeating the ego means to transcend all the suffering of material life.

Aliens, I would hope and expect, are very intelligent and either aim to uplift themselves (perhaps by enslaving others, much like human dictators) or to uplift others (perhaps by offering us assistance and knowledge).

If aliens are hostile, a direct takeover might not be optimal. It might be best to secretly enslave a species so that there is no resistance. If you don't know you are a slave, you won't fight your enslaved condition.

If aliens are kind/loving, I think they would have a high respect for other lifeforms and those lifeforms' free will. I don't think they will show themselves until we hit some sort of tipping point in public opinion on UFO/ETs. Enough people need to desire contact for there to be public contact.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Aliens dont want to make contact.... they are wary of us.... we are suited for this world and they are not.... we have adapted perfectly to our world and they are not.... they foresee a Vietnam like disaster and are using the Sun Tsu Art of War approach.... they have human agaents.... they are causing global warming, solar system warming, they are causing pollution, they are causing fear, depression etc; using their human agents to enforce these subversive tactics.... they are keeping us asleep while they take over our planet..... they are everywhere around us cloaked by our ignorance.... the aliens are planning a ww3 to diminish our population.... they are raising a clone army of human beings to extinguish us.... they are our masters!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Well... Then I do not want to trade. To much work. I actually got a life ! Spend most of my time on ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok I Do Not LIke This Type Of PoST.... ThaNk you

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Just out of curiosity why don’t you like it?

Answer than question then you will have wrote a post that has some value (possibly)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
[more

Understood... few of us like major changes..... But in my opinion WE
homo sapians are the aliens. I think that "aliens" were here before we evolved or were created ... so WE invaded THEM years ago.....But either way this is a scary thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join