It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Police To Patrol NY?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So where is the uprising? Where are our militias? Where are our leaders?
Where are the patriots at?
Why are we letting an outside force come into our country, to police our streets?

WTF?

Oh and one more thing- Who is going to protect the "Policia" from Americans?

American police?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
In the old SPP agreements there are provisions for foreign troops to be used on each other's soil to quell "Civilian unrest".
Canada Mexico and the US.
If they are throwing this out there for the public to chew on, imagine what they have up their sleeves that we haven't seen yet.
We had American troops on Canadain soil if I recall correctly for some of the big meetings we hosted. That was just a step in the wrong direction.
If true, this looks like another step in the wrong direction...

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I need to read more about this from other sources before I believe any of it. I have no way of trusting this news service.

That being said, I wonder if what they are talking about is more along the lines of hiring "rent-a-cop" security guards, or community service-type volunteers, much like many gated communities and even non-gated neighborhoods do elsewhere in America. Plenty of mostly-white suburbs I know and even grew up in or near often hired, as a group, someone to patrol their neighborhoods and look out for potential criminals. Is this the same sort of thing? Nobody gets up in arms about that.

Are these "cops" or are they just "rent-a-cops?"

Originally posted by Common Good
I was a little confused at first, but I think now I am even more confused.

On Staten Island there are 3 boroughs.
www.nyc.gov...

A bit of a technicality, but those are neighborhoods in that map, not "boroughs." New York only has five Boroughs and all of Staten Island constitutes one of them, the others being: Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx and Manhattan. Each borough of New York City is also a separate county of New York State.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
In New York you have Policia protecting
illegal immigrants and in Vegas you just had
35 illegals arrested for gang related drug
activities by DHS

www.lasvegassun.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So, now the US will be using foreign police to do its dirty work. The story that this is to protect Mexican citizens is just a cover.

The country is being invaded as Americans sit back watching Celebrity Big Brother and drinking Coca-Cola.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Here is the information I posted on a same subject someone posted last night.

The article title is misleading. The Mexican police is not going to patrol US streets. The Mexican consulate is just posting personnel in the area to keep an eye on the situation.

In response to the escalating violence against Mexicans in Port Richmond, Staten Island, the Consulate General of Mexico in New York is posting personnel that will remain in the borough until further notice.

www.silive.com...

BTW, doesn't matter if a person is legal or illegal or of any color. No one deserves a beat down.

another source

The Catholic Examiner got its story from one of the source Above. In other words, they jumped to that conclusion.

In an article by the Staten Island Advance, there has been a string of muggings in the New York borough of Staten Island.

safeguard their rights and effectively assist and provide information

www.examiner.com...

CBSNewYork title says the following

Mexican Officials to Patrol

They are going assist with information but a title like about helping with information doesn't sell papers. Sensationalism at its best.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just one question when an illegal emergent gets assaulted in NY and these Policia step in to stop and someone gets shot or killed what judicial system will the policia fall under US laws or Mexico's laws?

IMHO this is troubling but hay its an election year

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
Just one question when an illegal emergent gets assaulted in NY and these Policia step in to stop and someone gets shot or killed what judicial system will the policia fall under US laws or Mexico's laws?

the Policia can't be prosecuted
as they are covered by diplomatic
immunity.

BUT, they can be expelled from the country.

whoa, ain't a lack of that law is what got us here ???

Catch 22

[edit on 22-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm blown away by this. Why are our elected officials not all over this? What the hell do we pay them for? Someone is going to have enough soon and all it will take is a tiny spark. This country is being infiltrated and torn apart systematically.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
. Are American voters stupid?

as an American I can tell you unequivocally YES.

Yes. They are stupid.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
All part of the NAU. Your/our elected officials set this up a couple of years ago.

www.thenewamerican.com...

As most of my faithful readers know, USNORTHCOM is a combatant command "created to respond to national emergencies in North America." Readers should also be aware that the United States and Canada signed an agreement earlier this year allowing the armed forces from one country to assist the armed forces of the other country during a "domestic civil emergency, even one that does not involve a cross-border crisis." (Emphasis added.)

Maybe Mexico has an agreement also.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

They are cops. Look at the picture on info wars. (POLICIA). They are NOT rent a cops.
Also- they still have no buisness being here on 'official duty' to "keep an eye on things". We dont need them to "keep an eye on things", we have our own police force for that.
They are here so their nationals have a place to run and cry to. They cant do it at a police station cause, they are illegal.
They are here to protect criminals.
If they were in an embassy, and ONLY in an embassy, that would be one thing, but they are not.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
will NEVER happen a foreign country will NEVER patrol on us soil

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
will NEVER happen a foreign country will NEVER patrol on us soil

Sorry to break it to you this way, already in the works. It's a two way so far, Canada and USA, maybe they're doing a three way now, North American Union seems to be getting done.

www.canada.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It will be interesting to ascertain this, and what specificities they will be involved in.

For example, what powers will they have? Will they have arrest powers? Can they put you in the car and take you "downtown for questioning?" lol.
If so, they would need to be deputized by our law enforcment. Does that then make them local law enforcment?

If not.....then what? When they receive a report from someone alleging
maltreatment, what are they to do about it? Call the police and make a report?

Will the local police take a report from them more seriously than if they received the same report from an ordinary citizen, or non-citizen, as the case may be?

How very confusing.

ETA: Don't mistake me here, I don't want anyone to be discriminated against or mistreated. I'm just trying to wrap my head around what the function is, and the powers it will or will not carry.

Are they just to be "hall monitors".....with no real power?

[edit on 8/22/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
This is no different than the Marines guarding or patrolling
an American Embassy on foreign soil.

A foreign country guarding or patrolling their own embassy within the confines of the embassy compound which is by law the conditional equivalent to their sovereign jurisdiction is NOT the same as foreign police or troops patrolling the streets of another country to order around the citizens of that country. That’s called foreign occupation.

For this to be allowed by government officials is treason. But if the American people do not act to put an immediate end to this than it’s a clear indication that the country is gone and the American people are too mentally wasted to defend themselves from foreign occupation. This seems like a test to see what mental state the American people are in.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

They are cops.

Funny how that picture has the I dotted instead of slanted. (zoom in)

info-wars.org...

Here is one with the slant.

cdn.noticiaaldia.com...

Furthermore, do cops really wear jackets in July and August?

For those who really believe this story is real. Where is the video footage of these patrol? Surely by now, Faux news would have jumped at the opportunity of filming such patrol.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The only foreign law enforcement personnel allowed in the US are those who are:
- provided for the purpose of embassy, consulate, and diplomatic protection. They are armed but usually work plainclothes. I know that all Italian embassies world wide have a detachment of Carabinieri paramilitary police for security purposes. British embassies in high risk areas will often have a squad of British Army Royal Military Police. We use US Marines and State Dept. Diplomatic Security Service special agents for this role.
- liaisons and exchange programs. These officers are NOT armed and just act as observers learning new skills and such to help their home nation police forces.

These Mexican "police" are Mexican Foreign Relations Ministry employees who are supposed to walk around and prevent our police from doing anything about the illegals under the guise of preventing hate crimes. This is a blatant act of aggression and interference in the affairs of the US as a sovereign nation. I think it's time Mexico be taught another lesson. How about we annex Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, and Alcapulco and take all that tourist money for our coffers?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Also, doesn't this set a bad precedent for America? As time goes on, I'm sure immigration concerns and debates will heat up. Will the Mexican government be allowed in other areas to protect their former residents?

I don't think it's a good idea to set the precedent of allowing foreign troops in random areas that have nothing to do with protecting embassies or anything like that.

Let's just hope the Chinese government doesn't think that they have to intervene in China-towns across America. Essentially America is setting the precedent for allowing potential enemies right into their neighbourhoods. Hopefully this 'program' isn't expanded. Not too smart.

Nah, it's fine. I have a large hispanic community right outside my front door. They're welcome to come patrol here, too.

Some of the boys NEED some target practice against moving targets.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I think this is way overblown.

This is no different than the Marines guarding or patrolling
an American Embassy on foreign soil. They are there to
protect their own nationals. They are not there to police
America. 2 different things

The Mexican embassy does not cover the whole of Staten Island. They would have no jurisdiction on American soil,unless the City of New York invited them to police the Island.

Ah, but here's the rub. They can do what they do, and if a mess arises, sky back to Mexico, who won't extradite. Now, when a US citizen has had enough, and pops one of these patrols, then HE falls under US law, with an indictment for murder or whatever. A catch 22, which gives the patrols a de facto immunity.

Luckily, there truly ARE some folks in this world that won't let a little thing like that stop them from bringing these illegal patrols to justice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join