It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Police To Patrol NY?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Foreign nationals can and have in the past been deputized to have police authority in the U.S. After 9/11, the U.K. sent several plane loads of Bobbies to help police the city during the concert for the 9/11 first responders, since most of the cops in the city would be off duty and watching The Who and Paul McCartney playing for their benefit at Madison Square Garden. The Bobbies actually were on patrol here for something like a week or more to help give the reduced post-9/11 police force a break. That being said, I'm not even clear these cops have been fully deputized or if they have more limited authority. The Bobbies had full police authority when they were here and they were pretty much the city's police force in Manhattan for the day of the concert...and then they went home.

Sometimes in case-by-case basis', foreign police are temporarily deputized to help with specific cases where they might have special knowledge or skills that can be useful. Other countries do this too and American cops are sometimes brought in for their expertise or ability to help in specific situations.

If the NYPD feels it's necessary to deputize a few foreign cops for this purpose, that's their prerogative. It's not some national conspiracy and if you aren't happy with it, you should take it up with the NYPD. Perhaps they will have some answers for you as to why they feel this is necessary.

I'm much more worried about things like the recent South Carolina law giving colleges (even religious colleges - yes, cops controlled by religious leaders) the authority to have their own, privately owned, full-blown police forces. That to me sounds one step away from corporations being allowed to have private police forces with full jurisdiction...or just letting churches have their own cops.

Now, if New York City starts importing cops from foreign countries en mass, and on a permanent basis, then I'll start to worry. But a few Mexican cops helping out with one specific problem in one specific neighborhood...that doesn't worry me too much.

[edit on 8/22/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is the first I have heard of that. I know that large numbers of British police came for memorial services but I did not know they came here for policing purposes. I believe you have your facts a bit wrong.

The only British LEOs in the US who can carry firearms are Met Police Special Branch detectives on protection details for the Prime Minister and senior officials, and the Met Police Royalty Protection Branch officers when protecting members of the Royal Family. Even then in both cases they have US Secret Service special agents and local LEOs on the details who would make any actual arrests.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Another push by the PTB to get us into a race war.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just a random thought...
Why doesn't Mexico keep it's police on Mexican soil to protect Mexicans in oh, I don't know, Juarez, maybe?
And since they apparently have such manpower to spare, how about posting them at the northern border to check their people trying to come here for criminal warrants and such? Or is it true they are dumping their undesirables here so they don't have to deal with them?
And how many of these cops will see the light and themselves become illegals?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

I'm much more worried about things like the recent South Carolina law giving colleges (even religious colleges - yes, cops controlled by religious leaders) the authority to have their own, privately owned, full-blown police forces. That to me sounds one step away from corporations being allowed to have private police forces with full jurisdiction...or just letting churches have their own cops.

You've got to be kidding me! SC JUST NOW got around to having campus police at colleges? I've attended colleges and universities in NC and VA going all the way back to the early 80's, and they've ALWAYS had campus police forces. There's never been a problem with them, despite my personal feelings in the matter stemming from an encounter with one young officer who was a bit too badge heavy for his own good.

Of course, all their officers are US citizens, per the requirements in both states...

Also, both NC and VA have provisions in the law to allow for private police forces already. I have a couple of friends who run their own private police agencies. I've never heard of any problems out of them, either. Both types of agency are limited in their jurisdiction (as all agencies are), and I've never known an officer to exceed his jurisdiction in either a campus force OR a private force. I can't say that for the public agencies. Some times, under extenuating circumstances, local agencies will deputize officers from the campus and/or private agencies for a period of time to assist with current problems that would otherwise be outside their jurisdiction, but they do that because these officers are already trained, bonded, and sworn. They already know what to do, it just amounts to a temporary extension of their jurisdiction.

My advice to you is that if these sorts of officers trouble your mind, stay clear of at least NC and VA, and probably a number of other states, or at the very least stay out of their jurisdictions.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here's a list of some of the countries with US embassies:

South Korea
Germany
France
Iraq
Russia

Here's a extremely short list of countries with US interference leading to countless deaths:
Kosovo
Afghanistan
Iraq
Germany
Guatemala
Vietnam
Chile
El Salvador

Karma. It's a bitch.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i bet this mexican security detail wont be as bad as some of the jewish terrorists groups we have patrolling the streets here in new york city.

The Crown Heights Shomrim, meanwhile, has been much busier in court, with six of its members charged with beating up some students after they responded to a yeshiva brawl on Eastern Parkway two years ago, allegedly over a dormitory bed.
blogs.villagevoice.com...

On the evening of April 14, a 20-year-old black man named Andrew Charles was attacked with pepper spray and then beaten by a pair of Hasidic assailants in his Crown Heights neighborhood. The attackers escaped in a GMC Envoy, and although Charles didn’t catch the plate number, a witness did. Police traced its registration to another neighborhood resident, Menachem Ezagui, who police say is a member of a local volunteer security-patrol group called the Crown Heights Shmira.

nymag.com...

[edit on 22-8-2010 by T0XiK]

[edit on 22-8-2010 by T0XiK]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

PROOF ON NBC NY :
This attack came despite an increased NYPD presence and the posting of Mexican personal in the borough by Mexican General Consul Ruben Beltran to safeguard the Mexican communities.

This is true.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

well the mexican generals last name is beltran and there is or was a cartel in mexico headed by Beltran and Leyva and the cartel was called the Beltran y Leyva cartel so maybe it isnt really mexican military or police but it is this Beltran Leyva Cartel?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In the beginning of the article it stated what the deal is... Triads, Street Gang, Cartel. Maybe its "another" turf war. Mexico just keeps showing its corrupt colors as a thug govt more and more each day.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Mexico just keeps showing its corrupt colors as a thug govt more and more each day.

A 5 pointer for you my friend. I live in southern CA & let me tell you, it's just like mexico. The feds need to do their job & this story is an outrage.
They can't even keep law & order in their own land.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I wonder ,is this a part of a larger deal, latter to involve Mexico reciprocating - allowing U.S forces to patrol on Mexican soil .Perhaps to also monitor the situation in situ ?

Of course this is the height of wild speculation, and as such perfectly in keeping with the best of ATS traditions.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Oh man there is something not right with this article..... since when did we need other countries practicing "occupations" for us? America is the new Iraq it seems lol nah Im playing but still this is rather extreme

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Those wearing a foreign flag on their sleeve and attempting to detain and or in any other way deprive an American National of their unalienable rights should be responded to with lethal force.

Should these foreign invaders be surrounded by those wearing the battle flag of the US corporation, your best bet is to commit the encounter to digital media and pursue remedy through a properly formed State Grand Jury.

Forget about bothering with the Federal courts. Keep things in the State courts.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

What's the big deal, Jews have their own special police that patrols Brooklyn so why can't Mexicans have their own as well then too?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Those wearing a foreign flag on their sleeve and attempting to detain and or in any other way deprive an American National of their unalienable rights should be responded to with lethal force.

Wow

Mature.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I think this is way overblown.

This is no different than the Marines guarding or patrolling
an American Embassy on foreign soil. They are there to
protect their own nationals. They are not there to police
America. 2 different things

The marines guarding and patrolling an Embassy how is that the same as a country doing so outside their Embassy?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The Corporations brought in the illegals for slaves, and run most of the drugs. Then, right on schedule and on command came the clamp down on the illegals according to their policy of inciting HATE-ONS , for divisions, and creating this to an almost civil war.

Now what is equivalent to more foreign troops/officers/whatnot, in the US. No doubt they are carefully positioned.

Wonder what tptb have planned?

Please learn to stop reacting and villianizing ordinary people who are ALL being manipulated by TPTB for not so good purposes.

Stand still, and love everyone, don't react with your gut for a change, and reach into your Love and contemplate everything and walk in everyones shoes. Do the opposite of what they expect and give to one another.

Speak peace, and love, and tolerance.

Period.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I think this is way overblown.

This is no different than the Marines guarding or patrolling
an American Embassy on foreign soil. They are there to
protect their own nationals. They are not there to police
America. 2 different things

Actually its vastly different. An embassy is the terrirtory of the country whose embassy it is. Once you cross from wherever your at in the world to say the kuwaiti embassy, you are on kuwaiti soil at that time. The Marines who gaurd the US embassys only gaurd inside the gate. They do not go outside that perimiter because it is forien soil.

Having Mexican officals patrol New York city is a sham at best. The patrols have absolutely no authority to make an arrest.

My personal opinion is if Mexico wants to open this flood gate, then we should jsut occupy Mexico to ensure their illegals quit crossing the border, bringing drugs and guns into this country.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There was an argument against martial law saying basically "our troops and police would never do that to us" and I agree, I do not think they would.

However...

When agreements are made between countries regarding "civil unrest" and troops that makes that argument moot.

US troops and police are our families, but the Mexicans and Canadians aren't so if they force you on a bus/train to a detention camp its no big deal.

This is exactly how I would do it if my goal was to round-up the American people like cattle. You couldn't rely or expect the American troops to do it without a fuss....but foreigners who probably hate us already...they would do the job no problem.

Also, how is that even constitutionally legal to have foreign troops helping out in situations of ANY kind on U.S. soil?

Mexican and Canadian armies swearing oaths to defend our constitution? Don't think so...they have no obligation to protect our rights or way of life.

That right there is a very scary situation. I wonder what armed Americans will do when a Mexican patrol comes through blocking road ways and setting up check points.

I'm not sure what I would do if I saw Mexican troops walking up to my door. I have a family so going out with guns blazing isn't really a practical option for me as I'm sure it isn't for millions of other American families.

The American resistance might be tremendously smaller than some might think. Most I fear will continuously question whether what is happening is right or wrong and never act and just go with the flow.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
the mexicans are taking back what was notably theirs - california, texas , arizona and new mexico. throw in nevada too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join