It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says Obama is Christian, prays daily

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Soon enough you will be Insured.

And you know what's funny? So many enemies of heath care claim Obama did not listen to the people...and went on to pass the Bill. But the thing is, he did actually. He did listen...sadly, he had to sit through the Republicans b*tch and moan about health care for all citizens of the United States.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Thanks.

If you read the article, there's some rather chilling stuff in there about how most muslim governments don't have laws against apostates like obama, but their laws do spell out that they cannot prosecute any muslim for carrying out the death penalty on an apostate on their own.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just wait till an atheist tries to become president, THAT is going to be something to bust out the popcorn for.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by searching4truth

How about the freedom to not have any medical insurance?

Sure I heard something about fines for people who don't have medial insurance....maybe I'm wrong...and I don't mind being proved/admitting I am

THIS IS NOT MY "nice list of liberties removed"

As unfortunate as it is for me, I currently do not medical insurance and no one has come knocking my door I am free to fall ill or injured and die.

I'd prefer for that not to be the case though

So you'd rather the government taking care of your needs. Okay.

If you want some insight as to what Obama has done to take away liberties, perhaps you should look outside the box and see how he has given people the belief that the government should run all aspects of peoples lives. There is no bigger violation of freedom than that in my opinion.

You don't need an official piece of legislation to get into peoples minds and think big brother can take care of everything.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Well there is either freedom of choice or not

If the government is forcing people to have health care...isn't that a violation of peoples liberty's?

I mean...fo real...I'm not stating facts...I'm stating what I think is right...hit me up if I'm wrong...I don't mind...in fact I want to be proved wrong on everything I post on this site...gives me some education

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

You know what's funny? Former President Regan's son Ron. Was asked if he wanted to become President. He said because I'm an Atheist.

en.wikipedia.org...

In a June 26, 2004, interview on Larry King Live, while discussing reasons why he would not run for political office, Ron Reagan stated "I'm an atheist... polls all say that, you know, people won't elect an atheist."

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo

If you want some insight as to what Obama has done to take away liberties, perhaps you should look outside the box and see how he has given people the belief that the government should run all aspects of peoples lives. There is no bigger violation of freedom than that in my opinion.

You don't need an official piece of legislation to get into peoples minds and think big brother can take care of everything.

I never said I was holding out for Obama, or that I want someone to take care of me. I handling on my own thank you very much.

And even if I wasn't handling my life myself
Despite the horror stories I see on the news, I have never met a person on public aid that wanted to be there. The people I have actually met use it if and when they need to, for instance people that have lost their jobs.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You know what baffles me, he was elected on a healthcare platform. Despite what Republicans and their lapdogs what to have people believe a considerable part of the election was dedicated to healthcare, the other the war and when we would get our troops home.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo

I never said I was holding out for Obama, or that I want someone to take care of me. I handling on my own thank you very much.

And even if I wasn't handling my life myself
Despite the horror stories I see on the news, I have never met a person on public aid that wanted to be there. The people I have actually met use it if and when they need to, for instance people that have lost their jobs.

You've never met someone who was on public aid that didn't want it? Where are you from? I'd love to live there, because around here, we got women that pop out 2 kids a year to get more and more money from the government. And all those kids do what they mammy did. By the time mammy pops out her last batch, she is already a great grandmother. And it's all for that government cheese.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by havenvideo]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

because around here, we got women that pop out 2 kids a year to get more and more money from the government.

Too true man...too true

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This whole thing seems like it was planned out a long time ago, starting with pressuring Obama to tone down the national day of prayer last year sparking the rumor that Obama was ending the national observance. I think this led more people into doubting his christian faith and believing he might still be a practicing muslim. And this is just the white house's continued efforts to convince otherwise to maintain this false sense of security. If Obama just came out and said he was Muslim, there would be riots.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am of the belief that politicians only come in one flavor of religion.

They worship power and money.

Ron Paul.

What about good Ol' Ron Paul?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You know what? Who cares? 1st amendment right? We are allowed to worship as we please and can choose to switch religions on a whim. I hate the guy as much as as I hated the last 4 and I'm sure that there are plenty of REAL things that we can actually nail him on that don't involve his personal belief in a deity. Remember the separation of church and state that everyone complains about? Yeah, this is no different. He's not preaching from the mountain tops on taxpayer time nor is he using his TV time to preach to us.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You know what baffles me, he was elected on a healthcare platform. Despite what Republicans and their lapdogs what to have people believe a considerable part of the election was dedicated to healthcare, the other the war and when we would get our troops home.

That reminds me. It's superb we are taking out troops from Iraq...but leaving 50,000 there for other purposes does not end the war...or the occupation. One of the things I disagree with Obama on...as well the Afghanistan issue.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I beg to differ on that. I have seen videos of his speeches were he rags on the bible,but then while he is president he praises the muslims and their faith. Even remembers the Qu'ran quite well.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Intelearthling

Oh man. I am so sure there is a bible verse about praying in privacy, but I can't remember it anymore.

Anyways, people are butthurt over the fact that he didn't do prayer day. I could careless.

There is a bible verse about it, however I don't know where it is, it says something about "some pray on the streets but you should pray behind locked doors" (that is not the quote, not even close, but it was something along those lines.

Anyway, what is the difference between the president of the United States of America being Christian or Muslim or some other religion? And I thought that everywhere it says that he is a Christian, hasn't he himself said it? Thy do people think he's Muslim?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Puuleeeeeease tell me that everyone on this thread missed the news report on ALL national television networks where the newly sworn in POTUS stated verbatim that he was a muslim. And then later held his very first news interview with who? No not CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, but with Al-Jazira Network. Okay, let me be stupid and state that somehow I missed it when he was supposedly sworn in (chief justice can't speak because sombody was was doing that Darth Vader thingy off to the side) in that closet in the oval office (or was that a video patch job ). In either case (wave the hand ) "you don't need to see his I.D." (wave the hand again) "He can go now". You've been warned. Run Luke !! Runnnn!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
First off, Barack is not a Muslim. He is indeed a Christian...but perhaps not an active one like the article may make him out to be.

His father was Muslim and his mother was Atheistic.

When will the facts be learned and the scandals end? Oh yea, it's America. We love making up stories about celebrities and politicians. It's what we do best

Keep at it ATS...once upon a time this was a site to deny ignorance...not promote it.

I always have to laugh when people come on here and state the "facts". How the hell do you know what religion the guy is? Because he told us?

FACT is... none of us knows. He could be Christian or he could be Muslim.

FACT is... denying ignorance demands a questioning attitude and not just taking what we read at face value.

FACT is... none of this matters.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Really? You need a WHOLE day to think of liberties removed?

I was drunk last night...I'm sticking with my health care line....sorry for all of you patient people waiting for my "nice list"

But yeah...I admit...he's not done much else to erode liberty's....He's still a looter looking out for his wall street boy friends

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join