It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says Obama is Christian, prays daily

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Since when was being christian part of the requirements for being president?
I don't see the difference between him being a muslim or a christian.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

laughable

Have a good laugh about it

I don't mind much...just shows your ignorance

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

You do that and we'll be waiting for your reply!
Hurry!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

He holds the same job as the 43 men before him, to serve, lead, and protect our country.

Personally, I wish he or team would not even dignify half of these accusations with a response, they are in fact undeserving of a thought let alone words.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.--The Presidential Oath of Office.

I do not see anything about I promise to be a Christian, I promise to reaffirm my Christianity publicly daily, I promise to engage in silly internet arguments with people who can't tell their ass from their elbow on an hourly basis.

However I may feel about him personally, is irrelevant to the fact that he is the one that won the election. He is our President and we would be far better served by letting him discuss actual problems that face our country and solutions to those problems, versus something that has debunked, REPEATEDLY.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well he better. He's going to need otherworldly help to get America out of the trouble it's in now. Let's just hope his dog doesn't tell him to go to war with Iran.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by SeventhSeal

extensive list of liberties removed

No sorry...not an extensive one...but give me 24 hours and I will make you a "nice list of liberties removed"

Really? You need a WHOLE day to think of liberties removed? It took me about 5 seconds to jot down the liberties Bush removed from us.

A whole day for finding something bad Obama did?

Outstanding!!! We'll be waiting.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

our country.

Your country...and in some ways the world

I do not see anything about I promise to be a Christian

Read my posts...I don't care what religion the guy is...or anyone else for that matter...they just get my pity for being weak minded

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You do that and we'll be waiting for your reply!

I'll try my best..I don't claim to have superior knowledge, but I know when something isn't right

This guy is a corporate wall street looter

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Well, the topic at hand is Obama's religion. If that doesn't concern then fine.

Name one thing that Obama has done that limited or eroded our rights further than Bush?

I see someone already suggested this. Omit if you like.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

I'll agree with you on that one. I'm very much against organized religion. But if you're set on something to believe in...go for it. Doesn't matter to me..

In fact, even if Obama was a Muslim...who cares? Why tear down a man for his faith? This is America...we must accept our fellow citizens for their beliefs.

I'd be kind of excited actually. The first black AND Muslim president? We have certainly progressed into a better America. That's for sure.

But really, he's a Christian.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What a pathetic government we have that feels the need to crow our President's religion from the rooftops.

I for one am disgusted his religion is being discussed at all.

Who cares?

All that matters is he run our country properly.

When will our constitution be properly upheld and a complete separation of church and state take place?

While we are discussing our President's religion what are we missing in REAL News that Matters?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
First off, Barack is not a Muslim. He is indeed a Christian...but perhaps not an active one like the article may make him out to be.

His father was Muslim and his mother was Atheistic.

But there seems to be a problem beginning right there. Read the following:

source

As the son of the Muslim father, Senator Obama was born a Muslim under Muslim law as it is universally understood. It makes no difference that, as Senator Obama has written, his father said he renounced his religion. Likewise, under Muslim law based on the Koran his mother’s Christian background is irrelevant.

Of course, as most Americans understand it, Senator Obama is not a Muslim. He chose to become a Christian, and indeed has written convincingly to explain how he arrived at his choice and how important his Christian faith is to him.

His conversion, however, was a crime in Muslim eyes; it is “irtidad” or “ridda,” usually translated from the Arabic as “apostasy,” but with connotations of rebellion and treason. Indeed, it is the worst of all crimes that a Muslim can commit, worse than murder (which the victim’s family may choose to forgive).

Keep at it ATS...once upon a time this was a site to deny ignorance...not promote it.

Some of us are still doing our part!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

How about the freedom to not have any medical insurance?

Sure I heard something about fines for people who don't have medial insurance....maybe I'm wrong...and I don't mind being proved/admitting I am

THIS IS NOT MY "nice list of liberties removed"

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Barack can be born a Muslim...doesn't mean he still is...or doesn't mean he even followed Islam throughout this life.

I was born and raised Catholic. Baptized and Confirmed. Now, I'm an Atheist.

Being born something doesn't mean jack.

But good point though!! Star for you.

link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
While we are discussing our President's religion what are we missing in REAL News that Matters?

I knew there was a reason the I Dreamed of Jeanie. EXACTLY. Is his religion going to change the fact that he's the CiC? Is anything that's said now going to change policy that has already been enacted? NO! Discussing crud like this takes away from the fact that he's screwing the country like his predecessors did for the MIC. THAT'S what we should be talking about.

link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

When will our constitution be properly upheld and a complete separation of church and state take place?

Finally...someone with something that matters

I give you a nice star!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Sure I heard something about fines for people who don't have medial insurance....maybe I'm wrong...and I don't mind being proved/admitting I am

As unfortunate as it is for me, I currently do not medical insurance and no one has come knocking my door I am free to fall ill or injured and die.

I'd prefer for that not to be the case though

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You claim having health insurance (a Right) is considered losing liberty?

I don't think I understand the logic in that argument.

link   

And how many American't's is there? 300m?

They can't be knocking on everyone's door on the same day

I don't mind being wrong...someone show me some facts to prove I'm wrong and they get stars from me

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Pockets]

link   
I don't care what religion this guy believes. I only care what he can fix, what he messed up, and what he doesn't fix. I don't care if he is a Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Jew, or Christian. As long as his policies don't screw everything (here recently he's made bold and bad decisions) I really don't care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join