It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says Obama is Christian, prays daily

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

he smart play by the administration would have been to simply ignore the poll

That statement is hilariously ironic, given the messenger

Who cares what religion he is? Idiot republicans and Obama detractors will always be convinced that he's muslim, because, to them in their bigoted and moronic ways, Islam is the religion of Satan, and Obama can only be Beelzebub himself.

Let them argue. I find it entertaining to watch these delusional knuckleheads make fools of themselves.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
While campaigning, President Obama made it a point to talk about being a christian and was a member of a very large, prominent christian church in Chicago. Once he won the election and moved to Washington, rather than choose another church to attend regularly, he has rarely entered a church. As to whether he is Muslim or not, I think his position on the New York mosque clearly answers that question. (His first position, not the one he took after all the bad press.)

Debate swirls: Should Obama try to convince the public he's a Christian?

And we see that while there was a lot of talk about the US not allowing Iraq to have nuclear fuel, etc. that when it came right down to it, they got their fuel and their plant will be up and running in no time. And we are apparently going tot do nothing about it, even after all the tough talk from the Obama administration.

US remains 'open to engagement' with Iran: Clinton

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Real Christians pray in privacy

Nothing like breaking out a little No true Scotsman fallacy. You do know that most of the worlds 2 billion Christians pray in public in Church every Sunday don't you

So I guess most of them aren't really Christians either

Obama is trying to placate the Christians who are paranoid about the possibility of a Muslim President. There are two reasons I don't like what he's doing:

1) There is nothing wrong with being Muslim, so denying the rumors is just feeding the hate.

and

2) Praying daily... I don't want a President who is relying on or believing in the unsubstantiated superstitions of ANY religion.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Real Christians pray in privacy

Nothing like breaking out a little No true Scotsman fallacy. You do know that most of the worlds 2 billion Christians pray in public in Church every Sunday don't you

2 billion Christians? In church every Sunday?

BTW, invocations and benedictions are prayers that, respectively, opens and closes meetings, public or private, and are usually for the benfit of the group in general however a public display of prayer just for the attention that may be drawn to a person is not right in Gods eyes.

Individual communication with God is a private matter and should never be dispalyed in public.

There may be 2 billion people who claim to be going to Heaven and claim to be Christians but you won't find them praying in church on Sundays.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
How many other POTUS had to answer questions about their prayer habits? .

Do you think Bush43 really is a christian fundamentalist?

For those interested ...
Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church

[edit on 8/23/2010 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Are you sure that you want him to pray in your house?

Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law (truth), even his prayer shall be abomination.

Did I hear someone say presidential prayer breakfast. Booyah!!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I don't care if he prays to the moon, he's just an NWO hack. Whats being one of those two violent religions have to with it. Religion needs to go along with the NWO. I believe in God but stay away from religion because I see what it does.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Christians, Muslims and Jews stink so do Republicans and Democrats if your attention is focused on any of these groups you're wasting your time and your life.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
you know who else prays daily? Muslims! Not that I care if he is a Christian or a Muslim, but when the white house is trying to prove to people he is a christian, it shows they are paranoid about people assuming he is muslim. Why should it matter?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
The White House is lying. here is photo proof!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d13e3c2909be.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

No no no, that's not Obama, that's the guy from the "Whoomp there it is" video (just kidding ha ha).

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The fact that any politician feels the need to state his religion so clearly is among the saddest things I have ever witnessed.

Just another step in our march towards a hypernationalized, fascist, technocracy. 9/11 was our "Reichstag Fire" and the Muslims are now our "Jews".

Of course, even saying that will have me labeled "anti-Semite". But that will only help me identify that people that are worthy of ignore.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Obama's handlers keep insisting that the man is Christian in light of all of the recent public opinion polls suggesting that as many as 1 in 5 think he is Muslim.

So, this past Sunday would have been a good photo op for Obama to go to church with his family. Right??

No, he chose golf once again. The man claims that he does not want to disrupt the church with his entourage yet he has no qualms disrupting the golf courses on a regular basis.

Just Saying. Actions speak louder than press releases!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6f1d7615a4a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-8-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
you know who else prays daily? Muslims! Not that I care if he is a Christian or a Muslim, but when the white house is trying to prove to people he is a christian, it shows they are paranoid about people assuming he is muslim. Why should it matter?

They are trying to appease the portion of the population that have been taught all their life by organized religion to believe that going to a building run by such organizations on a weekly basis makes one a true Christian. The fact that the president isn't currently sharing the same behavior patterns is driving them insane.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Thanks to Lysergic we have this video to help us see what is happening a little more clearly:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
In my opinion, Polls should be illegal!

We have official voting dates, and official polls where the populace makes their opinion known. We have specific rules on how legislation is brought forth, and how it is voted on, and how it becomes law.

Politicians, especially the President, should have more urgent business than listening to a bunch of "what-if" scenarios about an unscientific opinion poll that does not impact the direction of the country or the legislation at hand!

The country is not run on "sampling" of data from telephone calls to people that don't want to be answering questions in the first place! The very idea of a poll is skewed, because the only people that take time away from dinner to speak to telephone pollsters are the people with an ax to grind in some way, or the people not intelligent enough to just hang up!

NOW, on the topic of the President not having to declare his religion. We need to remember that the US, is, in fact, a Christian Country!! Sure, it was founded on Religious Tolerance, it was founded by CHRISTIANS!!

Read the Mayflower Compact! Read the journals of Christopher Columbus! Read the Charters for Jamestown. Read just about anything from any of the founding fathers. I am all for religious tolerance, and I have nothing against Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, or Atheists, but I expect an honest and upfront disclosure, because one's religion definitely dictates one's actions. AND, in my opinion, absence of religion is absence of character!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by searching4truth
How many other POTUS had to answer questions about their prayer habits? .

Do you think Bush43 really is a christian fundamentalist?

For those interested ...
Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church

[edit on 8/23/2010 by FlyersFan]

No, I think he played the role for votes

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join