It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says Obama is Christian, prays daily

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Does praying to the Gods of golf count as daily prayer?

[edit on 20-8-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

CBS/AP) Even though their country has been at war there for three years, six in 10 young American adults were unable to locate Iraq on a map of the world, a survey found.

www.cbsnews.com...

Look, 6 in 10 Americans don't even know where Iraq is, let alone what religion the president is.
Americans are becoming world famous for the intellectual precision.

While everyone focuses on what the president says to some invisible man in the sky,
who may or may not even exist...
8.5 BILLION DOLLARS HAS GONE MISSING IN IRAQ!!!!
DuuuuHHHH, Where's that?

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Maybe you guys should try an Atheist or Agnostic...I think anyone who believes in any organized religion has already shown that their thought process and mental capacity is not sufficient to manage a Country. If that statement offends anybody, so be it.

[edit on 20/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Only Christians pray?!?!?!
I pray to something that my dentist check up will not be as frightful
as I have build it up in my head to be. I'm not christian.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Who cares what religion he is
He's a horrible president, that's all that matters isn't it?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
The OP is the perfect example. The smart play by the administration would have been to simply ignore the poll. But no (and once again), the obama administration decides to respond and only makes themselves look worse.

Don't kid yourself. If the Administration did not respond, then folks like YOU (yes, YOU) would take this as a sign that Obama is indeed a Muslim, like you want him to be.

As a preempt, I did not vote for Obama.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by searching4truth

Soon enough you will be Insured.

And you know what's funny? So many enemies of heath care claim Obama did not listen to the people...and went on to pass the Bill. But the thing is, he did actually. He did listen...sadly, he had to sit through the Republicans b*tch and moan about health care for all citizens of the United States.

Hey seventh, me nor any of my friends voted for health care, nor were we happy when it came to pass! speak for yourself as i see that obama is your hero and everything this man has done keeps your mouth watering. Secondly this bill when in affect in 2013 will make it mandatory for every individual to have health insurance. i say to you that you best keep that federally funded job that you have as Nanci Pelosi will have know qualms putting you or your families arse in jail-for not having the insurance

i dont get fired up very often mulling over posts, but you sir are the reason why this presidents rating has not hit the floor!

Like you told another poster i thought this post was about Obama being a christian not everthing else that you have said!

Finally if Obama is a christian then i am related to the Rockefellers

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This whole thing on Obama,whether he is christian or or not is Very Toxic. For one why does it matter what he is, what would amrica do if he was Muslim neway? Can't do ANYTHING. The whole issue with the mosque being built near 9/11 is causing "tolerant" americans to choose sides. Which can only lead to further issues. p.s the Pope is the world's biggest threat.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
Sorry...But WTF does it matter what religion the president is?

If he were a scientologist, would you be worried?

It's a serious question.

With what mental disposition do you draw the line?

[edit on 20/8/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by havenvideo

that man is a pig

Right, you are on the naughty list

Ha - for an opinion that is not even offensive in the least?

Shallow skins on harsh grounds make for hollow arguments I'm afriad..

"Im taking my ball and playing with my other friends. nyah!" oO

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread so pardon if this
video has been posted. So if you'll watch this
video about 1:30 into it, Obama talks about
his Muslim faith. Slip of the tongue??

he also talks about Jesus about 1:40
into this video. But this was before
he was elected so he may be catering
to the Christians for support in the election.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

If he were a scientologist, would you be worried?

Not at all

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by centurion1211
The OP is the perfect example. The smart play by the administration would have been to simply ignore the poll. But no (and once again), the obama administration decides to respond and only makes themselves look worse.

Don't kid yourself. If the Administration did not respond, then folks like YOU (yes, YOU) would take this as a sign that Obama is indeed a Muslim, like you want him to be.

As a preempt, I did not vote for Obama.

Go sweat for monica some more (must be a story there) ...

Before you go, here's why you are wrong. At least in the past presidents tried to at least act presidential and stay "above the fray", ignoring the BS people threw at them. It would have been presidential - like how he handles the birther issue - for obama to also ignore this issue instead of responding.

Unfortunately and as I've said, this administration is proving itself to be almost maniacally poll driven on policy issues. The Clinton administration also was like that. What they fail to realize is that constantly sticking your wet finger up in the wind to figure out what to do also make them appear indecisive and weak.

Try to understand how obama's Friday speech (to muslims) supporting the mosque and then his Saturday speech (to the rest of us) pulling back has played to audiences around the world - especially in muslim countries.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
it really bugs me that no one has said that just because he prays, does not mean he is praying to the God of the Holy Bible.....there are many false gods and satan himself that people pray too.

here is a video and at 3 minutes and 56 seconds obama mocks the God of the Bible....totally mocks God.....a true christian will never ever mock God.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well good for him, I hope his prayers come true.

This is what he really prays Salaat, the Islamic Ritual Prayer

I feel sorry for anyone who prays such false hope.....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

To be honest I do not think Obama is a christian in the sense of evangelical 'patriotic' christians on this board and beyond. I do not see why it should be relevant either? Why must we care about his religious affiliations? We have a tanking economy, we have jobs being shifted overseas in droves and we have our healthcare system in a complete mess not to mention us sending billions overseas, and yet I must care about his religion? I sometimes question the people and their motives when they bring up religion as an issue of a presidential candidate. Unless that candidate is using his religion to wage war or create law, I do not see the point.

Who cares?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JoEStrDamUs

The only reason I posted the article was that I found humorous that the
White House would claim that 'since he prays, he's got to be Christian.'

The POTUS has slammed Christians and Christianity time and time again while supporting Islamic and their endeavors on which he's is wrong on both counts, according to separation of church and state.

Hypothetically speaking, what if he were to slam Muslims over and over while supporting Christians and their endeavours? I'm not saying all Muslims are bad nor all Christians are good. I'm sayimng that he shouldn't be showing favoritism and by doing this just makes the public suspicious.

The presidents faith shouldn't have any bearing on the fact that he did take the oath of office to uphold the constitution.

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

"...and will to the best of my ability,..." If what he's been doing is the best of his ability and he was the choice America made for the United States, then we're in trouble.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i'm pretty sure people who worship satan pray every day as well. maybe he is a satanist.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Do you think every current and former world leader are Satanist?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Does praying to the Gods of golf count as daily prayer?

Ah golf....lol, conservatives really hate on him for that....but praised Bush when he played while soldiers got slaughtered in Iraq and Afghanistan...oh and bashed the gay community as well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join