It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says Obama is Christian, prays daily

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

White House says Obama is Christian, prays daily

www.lasvegassun.com

The White House insisted on Thursday that President Barack Obama is a Christian who prays daily as it looked to tamp down growing doubts among Americans about the president's religion.

White House spokesman Bill Burton made the remarks hours after a poll showed that nearly one in five people, or 18 percent, said they think Obama is Muslim. That was up from 11 percent who said so in March 2009. The survey also showed that just 34 percent said Obama is Christian, down from 48 percent who said so last year. The largest share of people, 43 percent, said they don't know his religion.

As Oba
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newsweek.com
abcnews.go.com

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I like the quote, "The president is obviously a Christian. He prays everyday."

What is obvious is that the White House fails to acknowledge that Muslims also pray everyday. Real Christians pray in privacy and "fake" Christians like to be seen and heard as they "pray" so they can give the illusion that they're good.

Why should America be concerned if he's a Muslim or Christian now? Seems to be a little late on that part. I didn't vote for him and I don't really care for him but America needs to wake up and start focusing on things that really matter like JOBS. Muslim or not, he did run on the campaign that he was for the American worker and for job creation.

Maybe this belongs in BTS. I just had to post it because it's so hilarious.

Mods: Move this if you have to and wake up America.

www.lasvegassun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Oh man. I am so sure there is a bible verse about praying in privacy, but I can't remember it anymore.

Anyways, people are butthurt over the fact that he didn't do prayer day. I could careless.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am of the belief that politicians only come in one flavor of religion.

They worship power and money.

That's a religion that he would be embarrassed to admit openly!

So of course he is going to tell everyone he is part of "some other" group.

Thats how they keep the power and money!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sorry...But WTF does it matter what religion the president is?

He's still moving forward with the same foreign policy and is helping the bankers rape your economy...and everyone else's through knock on effects...and he'll probably be the person blamed for green lighting the hit on Iran "Obama said it was ok"....the guy is a undercover criminal

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The White House is lying. here is photo proof!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d13e3c2909be.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think it's downright hilarious that I see pro-obama members posting on other current threads about how polls are BS, inaccurate, and/or only show how "stupid" people are when the obama administration itself is so obviously poll driven on the decisions it makes and the way it responds to issues.

The OP is the perfect example. The smart play by the administration would have been to simply ignore the poll. But no (and once again), the obama administration decides to respond and only makes themselves look worse.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Good god man who cares?

Well, I know a lot people do for some odd reason, but honestly that man is a pig who will say anything to someone to get them on his side. He is what some would call a poser.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

that man is a pig

Right, you are on the naughty list

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

I think it's downright hilarious that I see pro-obama members posting on other current threads about how polls are BS, inaccurate, and/or only show how "stupid" people are when the obama administration itself is so obviously poll driven on the decisions it makes and the way it responds to issues.

The OP is the perfect example. The smart play by the administration would have been to simply ignore the poll. But no (and once again), the obama administration decides to respond and only makes themselves look worse.

i just cant belive how some people are so in bed with this guy. He has nothen on his record. Community organizer, senator for two years, did not vote on anything, now president of the united states. We really lowered are standards as a country.

Now im going to get, "well Bush", Who cares about bush. he was not that great ether!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. How many other POTUS had to answer questions about their prayer habits?

Move on, quit the distractions and let the man do his damn job instead of answering claims made by an idiot with a keyboard.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I agree with you on that! I remember reading about how controversial it was for John Kennedy running for office and being a faithful Catholic. Numerous Americans need to look at his policy's; not his or anyone's religious beliefs.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

let the man do his damn job

What job is that?

Raping the USA's economy or eroding your civil liberty's in the name of "national security"?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
First off, Barack is not a Muslim. He is indeed a Christian...but perhaps not an active one like the article may make him out to be.

His father was Muslim and his mother was Atheistic.

When will the facts be learned and the scandals end? Oh yea, it's America. We love making up stories about celebrities and politicians. It's what we do best

Keep at it ATS...once upon a time this was a site to deny ignorance...not promote it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

let the man do his damn job

What job is that?

Raping the USA's economy or eroding your civil liberty's in the name of "national security"?

Can you give an extensive list of liberties removed since he got into office?

Oh what's that? You can't?

Can you give a list of rights lost when Bush was president?
Patriot Act
Sending soldiers to die for greed and oil.
Not responding to Hurricane Katrina.
Not taking 9/11 warnings seriously.
Attacking homosexual couples and their rights to marry.

Yep...Obama...so evil.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

First off, Barack is not a Muslim. He is indeed a Christian...but perhaps not an active one like the article may make him out to be.

What does any of this even matter?

the guy is a corporate undercover looter

He is more of a ninja than me in my world of warcraft days

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I couldn't of said it better!
Second line.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

What does any of this even matter?

the guy is a corporate undercover looter

He is more of a ninja than me in my world of warcraft days

Well, if you haven't noticed. This thread is about the scandal of Obama being a Muslim.

Not him being an "corporate undercover looter." Which is also laughable, I may add.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
And i slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I suspect the fact that the White House has to even release statements like this says enough in of itself.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

extensive list of liberties removed

No sorry...not an extensive one...but give me 24 hours and I will make you a "nice list of liberties removed"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join