It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was abused by a gang of CHAVS! A guide to the Chav!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I'm sorry sir but it is you that is talking swill.

I went to a 'private school' (state boarding) and came out with good grades and qualifications but still suffered the effects of the unemployment crisis.

I was unemployed for 8 months.

Know why I'm not now? Cos I got up off my arse and treated looking for a job like a job. 9-5 every day. I even took a pay decrease after my last job.

During the unemployment I would help out family and friends with things to keep me busy.

I know the oppurtunities that are available to the lower class as you call them as I refer them to opputunities all day and let me tell you they are fantastic. Future Jobs Fund its called. Look it up.

The fact its not succeeding in bringing up employment in young people is that these vomit sacks DON'T WANT TO WORK.

Thats the difference.

Dont blame the governement for lazy kids. Blame the parents.

The oppurtunities available are handed to them on a plate and they cant even be bothered to attend the interviews.

Your ignorance makes my blood boil and wish I could swim in the absolute farcical lake of bliss you are clearly wallowing in.

Good day.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
WOW that is awful. I never knew about any of this.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of your bad experience OP. I can relate. I grew up in South Central Los Angeles. My hometown (Inglewood) is where the film Training Day was filmed, lovely place! Can you imagine how fun it was growing up the only white kid in the neighborhood?

I've moved on to a better area (Hawthorne), still we definitely have our gang issues. Can't have the little ones at the park after dark, and before the mayor's sister was mugged at the park we had to be extra mindful before dark. Now the park has security during all regular hours. Very pleasant of course.

I've never heard the term CHAVS before, sounds like they're wannabe gangbangers, from the description I picture a bunch of Ali G types! Here, the real gangbangers pretty much keep to themselves, it's the younger ones that feel they have something to prove you need to look out for. Easy to spot they lumber around slowly because of the waist of their pants being just about at their knees, and they all have really silly fake diamond earings and all.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
For anyone that doesnt know...

Chav its actually and acronym for

C ouncil
H ouse
A nd
V iolence

or so I believe.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Same problem here in the U.S. The idiots breed and the smart people do not breed. IQ is at least 50% inherited. Thus, the population of idiots increases.

The ultimate result of this, of course, will be tyranny. The sterilization of undesirables. The execution of criminals. Euthanasia for the mentally deficient and insane. Just like Nazi Germany.

We could head it off now, of course, if we got serious about the problem and began requiring personal responsibility of all citizens, but people would not like that, would they? And we are still democracies (for now).

Despite all the talk here of the "New World Order" and the "Illuminati" and the encroaching police state being conspiracies against us, I have come to believe that those in charge know precisely what they are up against, and they are simply preparing to tame increasingly unruly and unmanageable populations.

Frankly, I am looking forward to it. It is going to be one hell of a ride.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
Yeah up here they're called Neds. Usually these people are harmless alone, even jovial at times (depending on how much buckfast and jellies they have swallowed). But in a pack they can be vicious beasts and should be avoided at all costs.

I'd estimate that 95% of the crime in Glasgow is caused by these scummy bawbags.

Here's a youtube videos of one of the lovely chaps:

Ah, and the good old neddy junkie stuck in a postbox:

It's funny. I always ask the EDL guys what exactly they are doing to 'protect' this country. They shout about Muslim extremists all the time, but the real threat to me and to the people i love is getting stabbed off some wee dobber when walking home on a Saturday night. No one's doing anything to protect us from them!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Nammu]

Haha! ROFLMAO!

That is one hell of a wasted guy, hilarious! but also quite sad to see! - I can't understand a word he's saying though! lol!

And why the heck did she put her hand in a postbox for? stealing letters?

I need to attend a posh wedding in Scotland in the beginning of September and hopefully I won't run into any rabid gangs of 35 drunken Neds nor any vitamin C deficiency diseased wannabe Pirates who are looking for a fight!

Got any special advice for me! lol!

I will be staying near Stirling for the wedding and then a couple of days alone at a Hotel in Edinburgh.

Is there any special places I should avoid while sightseeing in Edinburgh perhaps?

I would really like to leisurely stroll through some streets and visiting Pubs in the evenings in Edinburgh - can I do that alone?

Should I bring any body armor, protective or bullet proof vest?

Maybe someone here with special connections on the black-market in Edinburgh can hook me up with a canister of mace or pepper spray?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hi there

Im sorry to hear about your run in with chavs.

I blame this problem on a few things. The chav thing seems more common on council estates and mining villages.

Thatcher closed down a lot of pits in this country, young people leaving school did not have any footsteps to follow in after she did this. Young people were leaving school with the most common form of employment taken away from them, something that had probs been in the family years. So we have early eighties Britain with high unemployment rate. These chavs are the offspring of a *SNIP* generation.

i was born in 1982 all the people i know who are the same age or maybe a year older or younger have never been chavs or got caught up in that thing.

Rave culture / music also plays a big part. Also gangster rap music plays a big part.

i really hope people understand what im getting at here, Im sorry about the way i worded things on this post, i could have probs explained this better but ive just got home after a long night so please forgive me.

Peace light n love

[edit on 19-8-2010 by alien]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
hahaaha wow your post cracked me up!

but its not only in the UK there seems to be similarities here in USA i think they evolved.

It's crazy. Teen boys with their own lingo, acting like jerks?

I've NEVER heard of that before.

As long as they stay off my lawn, I don't care.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The thing is, chavs are too power mad like other posters have said, and not enough people can defend themselves, heck keys can be used to hurt the scum. But the thing to remember is, if you ever get into a fight with one, one on one.

1. Get them on the floor with their back facing you.
2. Grab their arm and put your foot down on their back.
3. Stamp on their lower spine and place your foot on their upper back.
4. Wrench their arm out of their socket.

Im aware it wont be as easy as that, but chavs are dumb, its easier to imobalize them as they cant really tell the police or the paramedics that they attempted to attack someone and were beaten.

But when there are a lot of chavs, use something as a weapon, a twig to the neck or to the head hurts enough as it is, and beleive me, if you whack someone across the head with a stick they will go down to the ground and try to protect themselves. Bottles are good, the hard plastic bit that the top screws onto hurts a lot too.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

Sorry to hear of this sassy. I hope you’ve recovered although we never fully recover from incidents like this. You don’t have physical wounds but I can only imagine the psychological ones. That you plan for your defense tells me that your past experiences prepared you at least somewhat for this incident. That’s a shame. Not that you were prepared but that you had to prepare. This is ongoing in many places. You are not alone in feeling threatened in your daily travels.

There have been those that have fought against civility from the beginning. They were dealt with quickly and with overpowering force in days of yore. That did much to discourage the street gang mentality. There have always been gangs. There have always been hooligans. They’ve never before been so widely embraced, coddled and forgiven by those untouched by them. Societal guilt for the “unfortunates” among us.

TPTB want us to beg first before they restore order. Looks great on their resumes and of course they don’t live where we live. These incidents don’t typically occur in their back yards.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'd also like to point out the cutural differences across the UK when it comes to Neds/Chavs and how they're handled.

A friend moved up to Glasgow from London. We were standing outside a pub smoking when a ned covered in blood with a gaping head wound came up to us. He was like 'Awright lassies. See me, am awright by the way. See those other bams they're pure rubbish an that. See, folk look at me an hink am pure rubbish but i'm reely awright' etc etc.

So i bluntly said 'Look mate. Are you asking us for money here?' (they've always got some long story about their bird's in the hospital or something)

He was like 'Aye aye'.

So i put my arm around his shoulders and said 'Look mate, you're alright. Obviously you've had a hard time of it tonight, and believe me if i had any money i'd be happy to help you but, you know, times are hard for all of us. All the best, you look after yourself and get up the road safe ok?'

He was like 'Aw thank so much an that. That's really kind a ye. Awra best to yeez too mate' and just walked off.

I had to immediately interpret the conversation to my Londoner pal cause she couldn't understand our heavy glaswegian. She was gobsmacked. She said in London you would never ever speak to them like that. You'd either 1. Completely ignore him and hope he just goes away or 2. Tell him to get to France and hope it doesn't kick off.

If you do either of those things to a drunk Glesgae ned covered in blood yer askin fur it!

So the moral of the story is that in some situations it pays to be nice and diffuse a situation before it even starts.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Originally posted by Chevalerous

And why the heck did she put her hand in a postbox for? stealing letters?

More than likely!

I will be staying near Stirling for the wedding and then a couple of days alone at a Hotel in Edinburgh.

Both are fine. You'll have no problems at all. Just be wary of the tracky brigade if you come across them.

Is there any special places I should avoid while sightseeing in Edinburgh perhaps?

Everywhere in the city centre is fine. Edinburgh is well designed to have all the worst areas on the outskirts and it's very touristy. I've never known anyone personally to have a run in with Burger Neds, and i know a lot of people in the Burger, so you'll be fine.

I would really like to leisurely stroll through some streets and visiting Pubs in the evenings in Edinburgh - can I do that alone?

Without a doubt. Edinburgh is always busy at night and the festival is on just now too. But just like with any large city avoid dark alleys etc

Should I bring any body armor, protective or bullet proof vest?

Maybe someone here with special connections on the black-market in Edinburgh can hook me up with a canister of mace or pepper spray?

Burger Neds are bawbags. If you were coming to Glasgow on the other hand..........lol

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EzekielKnobrott

yeah o.k

Google my area, Beeston Leeds Uk.

My school was where 2 of the 7/7 bombers came from. i was in the same year/form as Hasseib Hussain who blew up the 56 london bus, my areas ---

I, along with another handful of people were chuked out of school for defending our selfs when been attacked by groups of muslims. that left us with no GCSE's. we couldnt even get into other schools due to it been a violant act that we were expepled for.

Matthew Murray, the school which i came from fooked up the whole of east leeds from 1998 to 2005. My school had the worse Ofsted report for 5 years running throughout the whole of England, and in some years the whole of UK.

This post is a complete snob sterotyped from the first word. Chav? Chav was like a little culture thing that lasted 6month max, and them people litraly wore soverign rings, gold chains, burberry hats and shiney tracksuits. When was the last time you seen a person wearing that type of clothes?
Look At this picture of the band called Goldey Looking Chain- this is what snobs sterotype young people who dont wear jeans and t-shirt like the avarage joe's

The kids she encountered did NOT look like that, at all - and i put my life on it. this whole thread is just bull$hit how people are flaggint it and giving the girl stars.

Its clowns like this woman who give young kids a bad name.
If this encounter did happen, then i know young lads from my area would go to that erea and slap the "chavs" she encountered because they are just spoilt young children with f&*k all else to do other than to harras people.

Biggest sterotyped peice of bull$h!t iv ever, ever ever read on ATS. should be deleted - giving britian a bad name.

and im not even going into job situation son, you dont know my life, nor my area - so stay OT

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
why does it effect people so much when peopel dont talk the same as them?

End of the day people you are all a Product Of Your Own Enviroment.

Im a mixed race guy that talk with a stonrg leeds accent - thats because i rasied around people who spoke the same. if i grew up 2 mile up the road in chappletown where most of my black family is from - then i would be speaking like the rest of my fasmily does, hint of jamaican with some black urban slang.

Just because you dont understand it doesnt make it wrong. this whole thread had proppa made me realise how small minded allot of people are

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Personally, i love Glasgow slang. Neds always come up with so many brilliant words and phrases. I love talking in it, i love writing in it, i think it's great. I also love the fact you go even a short distance, like 20 miles, or even to the next town and folk talk different. Not a huge fan of London slang, 'proper innit' and all that, but then i'm not from London so that's understandable.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by KingDoey

---

You don't even know me. In my post i said that i USED to be like that. I have since grown up and matured from that. But like i said it was the best time of my life and wouldn't change that.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Many thanks for the reply and thanks for the information!

Yeah! my cousin there said the same about Edinburgh, she told me that I would be fine as long as I didn't wander off drunk on the outskirts late at night!

But I suppose it's like anywhere else, just use your common sense (even when you're a bit drunk) and you'll be awright most of the time!

Thankfully, I've never had any serious problems so far around the world - "touch wood"

I haven't been to Scotland/Glasgow since the early 1990's and things surley change with time, so it's always nice to get updated information from people actually living there, about the current situation.

I have not visited Edinburgh before though, so this will be the first time.

Thanks!

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute

People who wish to defend this kind of behavior must be parenting these children or living in a dream world.

this post does nothing but merely incite hatred towards a certain class of people that you have stereotypically branded.

This is exactly the same as an anti muslim or anti homosexual thread. The fact that you carry a knife yourself makes you just as bad as anyone else who carries one. YOU are contributing to the problems in this country.

I hope you get nicked for carrying that knife and serve a lenghty prison sentence. Its what you deserve.

This thread should be banned immediately.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
its all bless in england im from slough north west london and the way i see it is u aint been 2 wer i live u aint hung around wiv the people i hav
we aint got nuffink but the cloths on our back the endz wer we live and i aint givin um up for no man or fed, yea ok its bad that u got battered over a snout but if u gav him 3 pound they would of looked out for u in the future
if anyone of ther mates tryed it again its a respect thing
and stop wiv this chav #
i aint a chav and ill smack and rob anyone that calls me one
got the record 2 prove it
satnav out

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
OP do you mind me asking if you are English?
Just wondered as the spelling is American - ie defense, center - as is some of the terminology. Whatever - I liked your chav description - did you include the Staffordshire bull terrier?
A friend caught a youth going along a row of parked cars and drawing a line down all of them with a marker pen. She confronted the youth and to his astonishment, calmly took the pen out of his hand and drew a line down his face. Rather brave of her!

[edit on 19-8-2010 by starchild10]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join