It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was abused by a gang of CHAVS! A guide to the Chav!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was acosted by two black girls in Nottingham once, I call them black because they were, not because I'm racist!!

Anyway, I think they had some issue with how I looked and decided to poke my arms very hard, which I found almost comical. Then I had enough and turned to take a swing at one of them, she obviously had no intention of fighting me, her 'cousin' backed right off, she couldn't have been much older than 13, and the older one kept saying 'itz cuz me black innit' over and over, dispite how it was HER that decided to poke my arms. I told her I'm colourblind and didn't know what colour her friggen skin was, she asked me what colourblind was! lolol.

If playing the race card can ever be funny, it sure was this evening. I think at one point she was rapping at me..I mean come on.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

We are seeing more and more people playing the race card it is becoming ridiculous. I have zero sympathy for people who use religion, skin color, education, race as a defense weapon. IN the UK all these Chavs that cause the disturbances tend to be a mix of different races thank god otherwise the word Chav would suddenly become a 'Racial' slur.

To be honest I wish it was like Canada in the UK. In Canada especially BC they still have a little something called free speech. And calling someone a name regardless of the terminology is purely free speech.

I personally do not recognize the laws in the UK and refuse to let myself be quite possibly attacked and not be allowed to defend myself. I believe in free speech and I can not condone the PC BS rules the UK wants to employ.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

I 100% agree with you. That is the problems with young teens here and it seems the same over there. They have no accountability for there actions , and don't believe anyone has the right to stand up to them. These are the reasons my children will not watch tv and will be taught outdoor skills.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I've known about these "Chavs" for years, yet I have never been to the UK. In many places of Europe, and other places in the world, the exact same problem exists. Being from Switzerland, I know especially many immigrants who are just like "Chavs". No matter what their race or where they come from though, this behavior should not be tolerated. I can't believe people of the human race have fallen so low.

Although I despise police brutality, I think it would be interesting to see how the current system in use in the U.S. would do in Europe and the U.K.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SinkingSun]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
LOL as an American...to me you're describing what WE call douche-bags.

Shame if I'd been walking past I'd have blasted a couple for ya....mos def would have stopped and helped as i love confrontation...especially of this variety...hell just 2 months back i got into a fistfight on the PATH train just comin homw from nyc(work)...guy was blasting this obnoxious music on his cell phone with a packed train...kids..women...the music was laden with stuff like "nigga this and my nigga that"...well, i looked around and noticed NO ONE was saying a damn thing so i yell out "Hey is anyone else on this train sick of this guys cell phone?"...to this everyone looks at me then quickly straight ahead again..typical #.......so i take it upon myself to try to explain why this guy shouldn' t do what hes doing...one thing leads to another and i smashed his nose into his face....we both get arrested by port authority...him for outstanding warrants and me for assault...though i was released shortly thereafter whilst he was promptly taken BACK to county farm...LOLz so ya...in short i TOTALLY would have helped you out.... =)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

As an American all I can say is that it seems Kubricks "A Clockwork Orange" might have been a bit more prophetic than I originally considered it to be!

I'm from the UK & this comparison is really not too far from the truth. Its a sad state of affairs, but it feels like it gets worse every day. Its not just in big cities either, I live in a medium size town but have had abuse hurled at me & things thrown at me out of passing cars. They seem to target anyone who is 'different' I think. Its difficult to know how to react without causing a confrontation, because I hate violence.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
reply to post by The Chez

We are seeing more and more people playing the race card it is becoming ridiculous. I have zero sympathy for people who use religion, skin color, education, race as a defense weapon. IN the UK all these Chavs that cause the disturbances tend to be a mix of different races thank god otherwise the word Chav would suddenly become a 'Racial' slur.

To be honest I wish it was like Canada in the UK. In Canada especially BC they still have a little something called free speech. And calling someone a name regardless of the terminology is purely free speech.

I personally do not recognize the laws in the UK and refuse to let myself be quite possibly attacked and not be allowed to defend myself. I believe in free speech and I can not condone the PC BS rules the UK wants to employ.

Another thing they sometimes use as a defence, in particular their cider swigging mums, is that 'dad isn't on the scene' etc that's why their son or daughter is like this. Well boo hoo, my dad died a horrid death from cancer when I was 5, I'm as 'dadless' as they are, but I don't go around behaving like a monkey with a cork up it's arse.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

And likewise you know nothing of mine.

Stop playing the victim. Because I dont feel sorry for you.

Oh and its not snobbery its information. I see the employment situation all day every day so I was giving my 2 cents.

Yeh you got kicked out of school but wouldnt you take up a fully trained opportunity designed for you by your personal adviser at the dole?

Im saying its the ones who refuse work that are the problem.

I have plenty of chav dressing friends. They all work and dont go mugging and happy slagging for a laugh.

We all chill and have a pint and play poker or pool.

Im not trying to be a 'snob' because believe me Im anything but.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Do take my comments about Glasgow lightly. Really, i've never had any trouble at all here. We get such a bad reputation, but majority of the badness is kept to the schemes.

I had friends that came over from Belgium to go clubbing, and they were amazed that they could walk safely from the club back to their hotel. Seriously. Apparently in Brussels you'd get a taxi even if it's a short distance.

For the 'murder capital of Europe' that's not bad!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilBat

if you cant protect it - it aint yours. that goes for your country,
neighborhood home and person. i live around phoenix arizona where concealed carry
is allowed with permit- open carry of handguns is legal. decry the american
cowboy/redneck imagery, but little granny may be packin..many women have
nice little pocket pistols to defend themselves with. you never know-
makes punks stop and think.
every home should have a shotgun- (from the looks of those giant rats, you'll
need it.) I'm an older man, nowhere near as tough as i was. but i'll be damned if
i'd put up with such bull#. i dont call police..
if you cant have guns and knives, i recommend canes. i assume you are still allowed to have tools..i like a 4''masonry trowel- fits in the back pocket..
gardening tools..nice and sharp.. to trim the bad growth.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by p51mustang]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
They mentioned this thread on ATS Euro live on Wednesday night and there was some debate.

And one of the people of the show, Martin Bain, I think was all for stopping them from breeding further and I think I heard right, that is that would not work to start, to start getting rid of them from society.

An extereme view but one I am hard pressed to disagree with.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

hell, i wouldn't mind going out now and taking out a few of these.. i am going to refrain from name calling.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
First I wanted to say to the OP that im glad you got out of the situation unharmed and safe, and sadly i too have seen people walk around groups of them outside of shops, even if obviously hassling someone i have yet to see anyone actually try to do anything about it and most do as you say, eyes lowered to the ground and they even change sides of the road if possible.
One of the first replies to this post about A Clockwork Orange being prophetic is spot on i think really and have actually spoke of that recently with my partner the book makes certain things more clear than the film though and it seems to be quite creepily correct..

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Hopefully the OP will allow the slight sidetracking on the thread as I answer Dr Slim?

I guess from reading the thread there are many who would like these chavs taken out, but who amongst us would actually have the "balls" to take a chav out up close and personal. As I have never been placed in that situation, I will not comment.

It does beg the question of our Government and police are interested in solving this problem and from the explosion in the number of chavs, it seems the Government and police are not interested in resolving this issue and if a "decent" citizen does decide, enough is enough, you can bet that the full way of the law would come down of that person faster and harder than the police react to incidents of chavs threatening people.

I have listened to the ATS Euro live show on rewind so I could hear what Martin Bain had to say, and yes he did talk about "killing them". That maybe, as I have said, a little exterme, but stopping them from breeding another generate of chavs, I would happly vote for a party or Government that would do this.

But until people in this country feel that the Government and police are on their side rather than the side of the chavs, the problem is only to get worst.

If you want things to change, you have to hassle the living daylights out of our elected leaders, every day until they give in and give the police the priority to crack down on these scum, hard.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

yes killing them is extreme, although if you look back, i have stated that i did actually deal with a couple of "chavs" one being my cousin and the other one of his friends (funnily enough had a deal with cardiff city football club, but.. robbed all the other guys lockers!), they both had weapons but i did deal with it.

killing chavs is extreme (obviously) but when it's personal, it's different.

edit: and when i say it's different, i don't mean i'm going to kill them, but i would enjoy it very much.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Dr Slim]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Where I live most of the kids grow up looking up to the most successful people in the area. When you look at the drug dealers and robbers etc. they are on social welfare and driving around in big audi or bmws while the hardworking honest people have alot less. If your a kid growing up in a disadvantaged area where drugs are everywhere and seen as a viable source of income? The hardworking poor man or the rich layabout drug dealer?

Along with this though I have freinds whos parents were major criminals and basically the scum of the earth and they are all fully functioning members of society, for better or worse...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'd just like to clear up the confusion regarding the terminology "chav".

I wear Burberry, Lacoste, Fred Perry, Nike and various other brand names of clothing that most people would associate with "chavs" although I am a professional engineer working in the telecommunications field who holds a degree and has his own flat.

Personally I can't speak about the situation in America as I have never been but in the UK you can experience these characters anywhere.

As I have personally mentioned to the OP in a U2U, the best thing to do is to act as "crazy" as the little #es, or as other people have said; spark the biggest out and then get out of there.

It's sad that here in the UK people don't seem to help each other no more but I'd attribute that to the ridiculous levels of political correctness floating around these days.

People don't help or "jump in" because they are scared of the consequences, sad but unfortunately true...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
People don't help or "jump in" because they are scared of the consequences, sad but unfortunately true...

You know this has been said in the thread before but i wanted to quote it from your post because i think it's one of the biggest problems in our society. People as you rightly stated are scared to jump in because of consequences. Either they fear being arrested or they fear being sued. Some examples.

1. I broke a neighbors window by accident when i was a kid (football). The neighbor came out, grabbed me by the arm, took me home and explained the situation to my mother. I worked in that neighbors garden for weeks as punishment. Although the neighbor was perfectly nice and i actually enjoyed working in the garden and he taught my about his bonsai trees and stuff.

Even so in todays age if you went out and grabbed a kid like he did then he would no doubt be having a visit from the police, the parents would pay for the window and the kid would learn nothing.

2. A burglar breaks in. Well in Britain you are supposed to lock yourself in a room, call the police and hope they arrive in time. Burglaries usually last under 3 minutes which just isn't long enough for police to arrive. If you head downstairs with a bat then you will be held accountable for your actions, if the burglar dies then you are going to prison. I have a number of martial arts weapons on my wall, if i grabbed the 80 year old, folded metal sword and used it, well i'd be going to prison for a very long time.

3. A fight in a pub. If you step in to defend someone and that person gets injured then you are very likely to end up in prison, especially if you cause some serious damage, even if that damage is justified. Even worse if you protect someone in the street and it turns out the little scumbag you hit is 15, well you are now in the deepest trouble of your life and the sociopathic kid will laugh at you in court as you're sentenced.

Britain, a society that punishes those who protect themselves and the innocent.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Completely agree there. As strange as this sounds, I often look at young children playing on the park or around my estate; I enjoy looking at their innocence and enjoying themselves.

Unfortunately, with the political correctness in this country, at times I'm fearful some one with nothing better to do will report me for pedophillia.

[edit on 21/8/10 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i dont understand the set up in britain at all. people tell me how it is, like with
this chav crap, and i suppose i would have to live there to fully comprehend.
like i say, i live in phoenix az.. still wild west to a degree- we have
"the nations toughest sheriff" a 78 year old warthog -maybe he could come
and straighten out the country.. cripes you stood up to nazis- whats a
bunch of punks to handle? but right, if your police dept has its head up its ass
then you may need too be more covert than overt about dealing with this vermin.
clearly if they can form a gang -you can as well. as they well know -
theres strength in numbers..

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join