It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff says US Border Patrol has retreated from the border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenisiz
reply to post by Common Good

I paid my part into it as well...I worked as a Project Manager for Applied Materials for over 2 years only to have my branch laid off and sent to Singapore...I didn't sit around and wait for unemployment to kick in, I got another full time job and worked a second job part time while "snailing" through school and raising my son. I refuse to take government assistance and never have. I bust my ass for the things I have had and have to this day and it infurates me to see others take advantage of it but they do so readily. I don't enjoy watching the road America has chosen to drive down but the majority of Americans are content being passangers and sticking around for the ride. Sorry, if my view points offend or upset anyone, it's just after the year I've been working in this field I've found that American's are lazy and are content on letting things be ran the way they have been.

I myself dabbled in Economics and Finite mathmatics in school and have a decent insight on business. I do understand the current standings of America and I'd like to say imho, we are already on our way to another GD. Unfortunately, our options of avoiding the situation are nonexistent at this time. The best thing we have to hope for is reform. But again, the government is more consumed with focusing on matters such as blue collar crime while barely devoting barely anytime to white collar. And it's not self defeating personality disorder it's imho called stupidty. Plain and simple stupidity. They are to blind and unaware to what is going on around them and oh so willing to pass the buck...The media will fuel them like coals within the engine of a train. The track has been set and they are all to happy to move toward their destruction. American's want someone to blame...right now this is the flavor of the month. They don't want to accept the fact that they've helped things get out of hand like they have. They continued to spend frivilously. They went out and bought the biggest homes they could afford. Cars that were above their means. Splurged on debt and now that they can't afford it they cry about it. They whine and say the government should help me pay my house...the bank shouldn't have qualified me for such a payment. I say no...you should've had enough common sense to see that your monthly income was under half of your new house payment. My father taught me at a very young age, you live within your means and save for that "rainey day". I moved out at 16 and have been on my own ever since...with zero help. People dug the graves in which they now must lie. I say let them rot. I own my land in heber. I do organic gardening and I know how to trap and hunt. Should it crumble...I've got a place to retreat to.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Jenisiz]

So if you got laid off and could not find another job your pride would keep your kids hungry cause youd refuse help..

ughh ok

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

Ido not think we are doomed. I think that if wehad some real leadership around here, things would get done. What we are seeing from our 'leaders' is nothing short of carelessness. They dont care about the people, cause if they did, they would listen to the people, and when was the last time they actually listened to the people? Instead they do whatever the hell they want to do at their best interests because the people are not keeping these people accountable. If we were keeping these people accountable, maybe things would get done around here.
Illegal immigration isnt everything, but it does take a huge chunk out of the pie because it shows that our government isnt even willing to tackle the simplest of problems. Its really not that hard, but people are making it out to be something that it isnt, hence why nothing is getting done.
Its SUPPOSED to be,by the people for the people, but now it is By the government for the government.
Obama is no president, he is a joke. Not even a funny joke at that.
If he wanted to help the economy, he would tackle the real issues, not the make believe ones. Instead of suuing the Sheriff of Arizona for doing his job, he should be sending him all the assistance the sheriff needs.
America is being invaded, and people sit back and act as if it is a good thing for our country. It is sick.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This may be correct, but in the last two weeks I have traveled Phoenix to Los Angeles, then San Diego back to Phoenix. The following week Phoenix to Tombstone and back to Phoenix. In those trips I ran into at least 6 random and fully equipped Border checkpoint. Arizona had checkpoints just after the California border and again 50 or 60 miles in. While leaving Tombstone we stopped to take pictures of one checkpoint, before turning onto highway 83 that was about 100 feet before the checkpoint. We were then followed about 4 or 5 miles before being pulled over. They wanted to know why we took highway 83 instead of going through the checkpoint, and why we were taking pictures.

We stated we were taking Highway 83 to 90 in order to reach Kartchner Caverns and the pictures were to document and prove that the Arizona BP are still doing their jobs.

Here are some of those pics and our getting pulled over. A little excitement on our journey. However, if it were an actual chase, I doubt they could have caught the Shelby.

Border Patrol 1

Border Patrol 2

Border Patrol 3

Border Patrol 4

I have lived in Arizona all my life and have never seen so many checkpoints, so someone is doing something. That is fact

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

LOL...no...their pride was above working at a burger joint. The father sat infront of his computer and played WOW during every visit. I asked the child how long he was on..."Before I leave to school and alot of times before bedtime." That is pathetic. Go work in the Social Work field...I see it on a regular basis.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

LOL...no...their pride was above working at a burger joint. The father sat infront of his computer and played WOW during every visit. I asked the child how long he was on..."Before I leave to school and alot of times before bedtime." That is pathetic. Go work in the Social Work field...I see it on a regular basis.

Yes because he was probably drawing more staying at home. You can hold two jobs at burger king by the time taxes are took out what do you have? Not enough for a family.

And say someone has held a job for 10, 20, 30, years and they get laid off. Once again they paid into the system. Whats wrong with them taking a break and getting unemployment after working that many years?

[edit on 17-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So what does unemployed white fathers have to do with what the sheriff said?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
So what does unemployed white fathers have to do with what the sheriff said?

Good point and at least Ameircans have paid into the system most of them, illegals have not

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Hell I got some guns, I would love to go down there and defend the american dream....

American @#$! yeah!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
We find illegals abandon cloths and trash when we go for walks.
We just think something needs to be done for their own Safety.
I don't want to go out in front of house see the vultures and find a dead
Illegal out there.

OK - so you realize it is a complicated issue. The Border Patrol are like any other patrol officer -- patrolling and looking for people under their jurisdiction.

Their job is not to control or eliminate Drug Cartels. That is a much bigger issue - - an international political one - - better suited for National Guard and special units.

Its the shoot to kill mentality that I have a problem with.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Hahaha...I thought you needed to provide proof of residence, a social security card and a valid job to collect unemployment. Last time I checked, it's a little hard for illegals to get proof of residence and a social security card. And if they can get those...then they have to provide proof of a previous job. And if E-verify was done properly...and they are illegals...then it ain't going to happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I think that if wehad some real leadership around here, things would get done

When was the last time we had this leadership you talk about?

They dont care about the people, cause if they did, they would listen to the people, and when was the last time they actually listened to the people?

When was the last time they listened to the people?

IMO, in both cases I would have to say that it has seldom been done. I could see them caving in to public pressure but for the most part politicians are going to do what they think is what best for America.

Furthermore, most people are not fully aware of the issues and what might be the best solution. Should America really make decisions based on public opinion?

If we were keeping these people accountable, maybe things would get done around here.

I can agree on this. But I still feel politicians would do so just as a result of pressure, not because they want to. In addition, the wording of a bill is ultimately what matters. Politicians have an ability to make one believe they got what they want until people find out about the fine print.

If he wanted to help the economy, he would tackle the real issues, not the make believe ones.

True and IMO illegal immigration is not the most pressing issue. You can throw all the money at the Southern border and deport all illegals and by tomorrow we will have the next wave because the same laws that allow them to exist here today are still in play.

About 50% of illegals come in legally through visas. Yet, this is seldom addressed.

America is being invaded, and people sit back and act as if it is a good thing for our country. It is sick.

Your opinion and I respect it. But 12 million didn't show up overnight. America has chosen to overlook the problem for many many years and are merely bringing it to the limelight due to our bad economy and politicians desire to make this a voting issue.

It is not an invasion. It has been a welcome mat and a open invitation on behalf of the government and businesses.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

Hahaha...I thought you needed to provide proof of residence, a social security card and a valid job to collect unemployment. Last time I checked, it's a little hard for illegals to get proof of residence and a social security card. And if they can get those...then they have to provide proof of a previous job. And if E-verify was done properly...and they are illegals...then it ain't going to happen.

I was speaking more on terms of welfare (anchor babys) and yes they can get license, 3 states let them get Drivers licenses.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Border Patrol Leaving.

Wink Wink...Nod Nod. For quiet Militia to move in.

There are Militias moving into the border region now. Just look at their sites on the internet.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I was on a Fed Grand Jury for a year,
Every other week we would spend over half the day
giving true bills for at least 60 illegals that had committed crimes.
I would get to hear the border agents testify on a lot of them.
I also got to hear about how many times they saved illegals life's.
I think every American should sit on a Grand Jury in AZ for a year and see how it goes.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Gmoneycricket]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

There are Militias moving into the border region now. Just look at their sites on the internet.

Are they really moving in or just giving the impression they are moving in?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I remember reading a news article where 600 million dollars was authorized to the US border patrol recently. Makes sense that they would pull back now that they secured the funding. This is such nonsense. I just don't get it. Why bother having a border patrol if the government is just going to pull them back. Of course it's dangerous. Keep it consistent and secured and improve border patrol policies and the danger will lessen. God knows enough have lost there lives out there as it is.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

When was the last time we had this leadership you talk about?

---Its been a long time, and thats the problem. We havent had a real leader as long as I have been alive. Maybe Reagan, but I was too young to remember much of it personally.

When was the last time they listened to the people?

--- Same answer as above. not for a long time. They do what they want.

IMO, in both cases I would have to say that it has seldom been done. I could see them caving in to public pressure but for the most part politicians are going to do what they think is what best for America.

Furthermore, most people are not fully aware of the issues and what might be the best solution. Should America really make decisions based on public opinion?

-- I think they should be listening to the people, we are the ones who put them in these positions, and we are SUPPOSED to be the ones who are watching after these people.

I can agree on this. But I still feel politicians would do so just as a result of pressure, not because they want to. In addition, the wording of a bill is ultimately what matters. Politicians have an ability to make one believe they got what they want until people find out about the fine print.

--I agree with the fact that they dont do anything until they are forced to, and by force I mean when it is going to effect their positions of power(elections). But if we continue to not voice ourselves- they wont have anything to cave into.

True and IMO illegal immigration is not the most pressing issue. You can throw all the money at the Southern border and deport all illegals and by tomorrow we will have the next wave because the same laws that allow them to exist here today are still in play.

---The illegal Immigration issue is muchmore thankicking out the illegals, but that doesnt mean that it must not be done. Not only do we have to deport these people, but we have to go after the corporations and buisnesses who allowed these people to work here. We need stricter enforcement if our government is that concerned about our economy and "terrorism".

About 50% of illegals come in legally through visas. Yet, this is seldom addressed.

--I think you are giving the percentage number a little too much credit, even then, whu are they still here since it is expired? unless they are performers, guests, politicians, what have you, they over stayed their welcome.

Your opinion and I respect it. But 12 million didn't show up overnight. America has chosen to overlook the problem for many many years and are merely bringing it to the limelight due to our bad economy and politicians desire to make this a voting issue.

--i agree, it doesnt happen over night. our politicians have been letting thishappen for along time. That said, the people in these border states have had to just shut up and deal with it for the same amount of time.

It is not an invasion. It has been a welcome mat and a open invitation on behalf of the government and businesses.

--I think it may be both.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
While the problem has festered for well over half a century, Obama is currently in the proverbial hot seat. Yes, I agree, more needs to be done. However, when people say things like "Blood is on his hands," they ignore previous Presidents. The quote SHOULD read: "Blood is on every President's hands who did nothing." THAT would be accurate.

When people singularly blame Obama for all the woes of the last 50+ years, people know that you hate Obama and are singling him out for all the wrongs of the border. And THAT is wrong. Sure, he needs to do more, I'll agree with that. But if you single him out and cry "Obama!!!!! We will NEVER forget!!!!!" ---THAT is a bit hypocritical and reveals an agenda beyond this issue.

Moving on.... Extreme times call for extreme measures. I agree with those who suggest that drugs should be legalized. --Certain drugs, NOT cart blanche. FURTHER: if you hold a position of authority and high responsibility, employers (and the government) should make it illegal for certain professions to engage in taking "extreme" drugs. For instance, a circuit court judge should not be allowed to smoke crack or do coc aine, heck, a circuit court judge (or anyone of equal responsibility) should not be allowed anything beyond what is legal today. The same with doctors, police, firefighters, military, etc.

I agree with those who say employ the unemployed with jobs associated with securing the border: building, digging, patrolling, manning outposts, supplying, chefs, etc. Deploy national guard, reserves and EMPLOY militias to patrol the border. We employ BOUNTY HUNTERS don't we? So why not employ trained units of militiamen to patrol the borders? Heck, they really CARE. Pay them to do what is in their hearts: keeping America AMERICA.

Some good points have been made about drugs. The borders are *meant* to be easy to cross... to allow the influx of drugs into America. People in Mexico and America benefit from this. The wealthy elite benefit. The military industrial complex benefits. --This *justifies* the WAR ON DRUGS. But, this is now spewing into our backyards, and Americans are going to get pissed-off and take action.

I know that if I lived on the border and illegals were wreaking havoc in my backyard, I'd arm to the teeth, set traps and get my friends together to go hunting. Really. ---NOT for the innocent workers seeking a better future in our bright, shining country (with flaws), but for the highly armed drug thugs that have delusions of invincibility. Sure, this sounds very machismo, but the sentiment is strong. We're not talking about some testosterone challenge. We're talking about YOU ARE THREATENING MY FAMILY AND WAY OF LIFE.

This is not about blame. This is about protecting what is sacred to us: our families, our children, our right to maintain our property, our land. And, I can't help but feel for the Native Americans who were in such a position oh so many years ago. But the truth is, if the US didn't grow like it did, Hitler would own North America and the WORLD now because the US would not have existed to defeat him had not history worked out the way it had. Unfortunate, but true.

I digress. We need to protect the border. Anything short of that is unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
BOOOOOOO! to the u.s. gov. You pathetic losers make me sick....... This is going to make us look so weak to other countries, its just a matter of time before other countries jump on this band wagon like a M.F.'r..... I for one am totally ashamed of this, we need to beef up the boarder, not scurry off. I gotta cool off this isnt the thread for me right now........AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

People seem to be ignoring my post stating that I saw border patrol all along the border driving around the Yuma area, from what I'm gathering from your post and mine it seems like the Border Patrol are in full presence.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join